Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

MrNeonShot

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by MrNeonShot »

They haven't made a new Metal Gear game for a nintendo console since 2004.
I'm not counting the 1 remake for the 3ds.
Metal Gear has switched alliances to PS, so he should be on Playstation All Stars.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

MrNeonShot wrote:They haven't made a new Metal Gear game for a nintendo console since 2004.
Metal Gear has switched alliances to PS, so he should be on Playstation All Stars.
Maybe next Playstation All Stars. =P

That doesn't discount from my knowledge the history they had with the NES back in the old days. Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge (non-canon,but still popular in the US) and Metal Gear 2 were all revolutionary games when I was growing up, and I didn't know either that they had a big history as well in Japan in the Nintendo days, so seeing him in the game was more of a callback to the people that loved playing Metal Gear on the NES consoles. Heck, I just wished they put in his NES sprite somewhere x3

We have to remember that Kojima requested to have Snake in the game as well (although begging seems farfetched =P)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Played Persona 4 today. I just got Naoto and she is kicking major butt. So far, she's the only one who has insta-kill spells and has no elemental weaknesses. Her only downside though is that she doesn't have that much elemental spells.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

GameCobra wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:They haven't made a new Metal Gear game for a nintendo console since 2004.
It already has Radien, so why not? But what All-Stars really needs is Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.
Panda Panda Panda
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Got the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for Vita. Woo.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, big question here...
Master Chief... vs... Batman.
Who would win?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Depends, would they have weapons? If not then batman may have a chance. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

MrNeonShot wrote:So, big question here...
Master Chief... vs... Batman.
Who would win?

MC vs Gordon Freeman. Vs Kirby.

A true battle of the ages.

Or alternatively, cinoS versus oiraM. A true battle of the ageS.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Despite my love for Batman, he doesn't have many weapons that could take down Master Chief, if any.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Got back into advance wars. Forgot how brutally difficult the AI can be ^^;

On a side note, my co-workers have been bugging me to get into Clash of Clans. Is it really all it's cracked up to be?
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Final Finatasy X-2 HD.
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

GameCobra wrote:

That doesn't discount from my knowledge the history they had with the NES back in the old days. Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge (non-canon,but still popular in the US) and Metal Gear 2 were all revolutionary games when I was growing up, and I didn't know either that they had a big history as well in Japan in the Nintendo days, so seeing him in the game was more of a callback to the people that loved playing Metal Gear on the NES consoles. Heck, I just wished they put in his NES sprite somewhere x3

We have to remember that Kojima requested to have Snake in the game as well (although begging seems farfetched =P)
Metal Gear 2 was never released to NES!? Afaik It was to MSX+ only until re-released years later.

<-- Metal Gear buff. Other than AC!D 2 I don't think theres a game in the series I haven't played.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

swedishWolf wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

Metal Gear 2 was never released to NES!? Afaik It was to MSX+ only until re-released years later.

<-- Metal Gear buff. Other than AC!D 2 I don't think theres a game in the series I haven't played.
Never saw Metal Gear 2 outside Japan because of Snake's Revenge, which no one knew at the time was not the official sequel to Metal Gear.
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

GameCobra wrote:
swedishWolf wrote: Metal Gear 2 was never released to NES!? Afaik It was to MSX+ only until re-released years later.

Never saw Metal Gear 2 outside Japan because of Snake's Revenge, which no one knew at the time was not the official sequel to Metal Gear.
I can't find anything about a Metal Gear 2 to NES (other than "Snakes Revenge" but like you say, not an official game). Where have you heard/read this?
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

5:00 cannot come soon enough... I'm downloading NES Remix 2 the moment I get home.

Also, speaking of Metal Gear, anyone here play Ghost Babel? If so, is it any good?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So I played a little Playstation All-Stars, and I have to say it brings virtually nothing to the table that Super Smash Bros. doesn't. Basically the only way to KO people is with the equivalent of a Final Smash. Rather than increasing your target's damage %, you increase your own meter, which fills up to level 1 and then 2 and 3. Each level allows you to drain your meter for a stronger "Final Smash" than the last, and they're all one-hit KOs if they can hit.

It just feels so much more awkward and unsatisfying that way.

I played as Sly Cooper pretty much always, if anyone was curious. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:5:00 cannot come soon enough... I'm downloading NES Remix 2 the moment I get home.

Also, speaking of Metal Gear, anyone here play Ghost Babel? If so, is it any good?
I played it on a GBC emulator aeons ago. Reminded me of something like a mix between original Metal Gear and VR Missions. Definitively a playable game if you can stand the limited sound of a GBC.

Someone ever played Tiny Death Star ? Is it just me who thinks how morbid of a game it is considering the rebellion destroys it later on not only killing millions of imperial troopers but also countless civilians. Yes. . Disney really did some thinking there allowing this game.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:So I played a little Playstation All-Stars, and I have to say it brings virtually nothing to the table that Super Smash Bros. doesn't. Basically the only way to KO people is with the equivalent of a Final Smash. Rather than increasing your target's damage %, you increase your own meter, which fills up to level 1 and then 2 and 3. Each level allows you to drain your meter for a stronger "Final Smash" than the last, and they're all one-hit KOs if they can hit.

I haven't played a single Sly Cooper game. i gotta do that someday =P

Sony all stars based it's mechanics off of a very gory fighting game that was once banned on Playstation called Thrill Kill. Digimon Rumble Arena had similar mechanics, but added health bars and digimon evolution bars via evolution orbs. I still have Digimon too, and still love it because of it's awesome voice acting. :3

As for the Metal Gear 2 thing, you can see it here, but you can also hear about it when playing Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

Here's the link to the history of the game. http://geekti.me/wp/2012/11/metal-gear- ... r-mondays/
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sleet wrote:So I played a little Playstation All-Stars, and I have to say it brings virtually nothing to the table that Super Smash Bros. doesn't. Basically the only way to KO people is with the equivalent of a Final Smash. Rather than increasing your target's damage %, you increase your own meter, which fills up to level 1 and then 2 and 3. Each level allows you to drain your meter for a stronger "Final Smash" than the last, and they're all one-hit KOs if they can hit.

I kinda figured it would be a rip off.

Anyways, upgraded final smash: Link.
Link does his regular triforce combo move, but just before he lays out the last strike, he lifts the sword in the air, lightning strikes the blade in an awesome close-up of Link, then his last slice goes through the trapped opponent, and knocks anyone behind him off the map!
What do you think of that?
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Back to Bravely Default.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

swedishWolf wrote:
Lucid_Dragon wrote:5:00 cannot come soon enough... I'm downloading NES Remix 2 the moment I get home.

I played it on a GBC emulator aeons ago. Reminded me of something like a mix between original Metal Gear and VR Missions. Definitively a playable game if you can stand the limited sound of a GBC.

Someone ever played Tiny Death Star ? Is it just me who thinks how morbid of a game it is considering the rebellion destroys it later on not only killing millions of imperial troopers but also countless civilians. Yes. . Disney really did some thinking there allowing this game.
Got it, thanks. I'll give it a try if I can find it, and I don't mind the limited sound of the GBC. Speaking of limited sound and Metal Gear, here's some pure awesomeness for fans of the series (Not as epic as the original remix, but not bad for GBC).

As for Playstation All Stars, I heard they planned, but scrapped, Dart from Legend of Dragoon. I would have loved to play as him.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

MrNeonShot wrote:

I kinda figured it would be a rip off.

Anyways, upgraded final smash: Link.
Link does his regular triforce combo move, but just before he lays out the last strike, he lifts the sword in the air, lightning strikes the blade in an awesome close-up of Link, then his last slice goes through the trapped opponent, and knocks anyone behind him off the map!
What do you think of that?
Well it would definitely be more meaningful if Link's final smash involved the lightning thing from Skyward Sword.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Updrage to Mario's final smash:
Mario shoots a volley of fireballs at everyone on the map, then his last one does the spiral flame that he normally does.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Currently playing Conception II but it's really not that good of a game. Going to try to beat it before I get sick of it and send it back to GameFly.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Final Fantasy X HD and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Just beat Mario 3 on 3DS (no warps, no continues). Forgot how brutally hard certain levels can get; I had intended to beat every single level, but I had to miss a few in World 7, as there are some there that are pure EVIL (especially the piranha plants).

Keeping with the theme, I'm revisiting the Paper Mario games. I miss the days when you could find an over abundance of great JRPGs.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for lols
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Megamaster wrote:Playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for lols
Heh, tried to get into that one. It's not my favorite (that honor belongs to the original), but it's good.

Also, speaking of JRPGs, looking at the moving background behind your avatar...is it just me or does it remind anyone else of the Earthbound battle screen? :lol: I could totally see Keene as a boss in one of the Mother games.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:
Heh, tried to get into that one. It's not my favorite (that honor belongs to the original), but it's good.

Also, speaking of JRPGs, looking at the moving background behind your avatar...is it just me or does it remind anyone else of the Earthbound battle screen? :lol: I could totally see Keene as a boss in one of the Mother games.
I could actually see that happening. :lol:
So I'm playing Persona 4 and I think I'm already more than halfway there.

So, Nanako-chan dies, the entire investigation team kinda breaks down, Teddie returns to the TV World, Namatame is set free, at least that's what I think, and the MC goes back home, despite the fact that Inaba is still shrouded in fog and the mystery is still unsolved. But I knew that was a bad ending, so I tried again.

Nanako-chan is revived, somehow, Namatame turns out to be a confused good guy, Teddie has some existential breakthrough or something and Adachi turns out to be the villain behind it all. But at least that's what I can speculate so far.
Meanwhile, here I am, grinding the heck out of the current dungeon because apparently I'm severely underleveled.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:
Honestly, the original is my least favorite of the games. My favorite is KH2.

Playing Tales of Hearts.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I made the terrible mistake of playing KH2 before KH1. It took me forever to get used to the controls in KH1 after having KH2's amazing controls. The hardest bosses in KH1 for me were Cerberus and Dragon Maleficent. I disliked Hollow Bastion in general in KH1.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Grinding for materials in Tales of Hearts
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Megamaster wrote:Honestly, the original is my least favorite of the games. My favorite is KH2.
Point taken; KH2 is also quite good. Call me weird, but...I actually really liked 358/2, despite all the negative press it got. Then again, some of my fav games are the ones that slip through the cracks (case in point: Knuckles Chaotix)

Also, playing Ducktales Remastered...........or I WOULD be if the Wii-U didn't have to update! :roll:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Oh great, now I'm humming the Himalayas theme again. :lol:
Aiming for 100% completion on Xenoblade Chronicles before the sequel is released.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Phantasy Star Portable 2. Been a while.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have so much nostalgia of the original PSO game.

And Phantasy Star II (the old RPG, not the primitive online RPG) is actually really good, if anyone has the opportunity to play it.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I finally did it.

I finally won 2048, after almost two months of working, and learning, and working further.

...Well, technically I won it's reverse version, 2. But the satisfaction remains.

Now, to move on to 9007199254740992...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

GameCobra wrote:

I haven't played a single Sly Cooper game. i gotta do that someday =P

Sony all stars based it's mechanics off of a very gory fighting game that was once banned on Playstation called Thrill Kill. Digimon Rumble Arena had similar mechanics, but added health bars and digimon evolution bars via evolution orbs. I still have Digimon too, and still love it because of it's awesome voice acting. :3

As for the Metal Gear 2 thing, you can see it here, but you can also hear about it when playing Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

Here's the link to the history of the game. http://geekti.me/wp/2012/11/metal-gear- ... r-mondays/
Yes. Ive played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. But you said it had been released to NES and I can assure you that it has definitively NOT been released to NES.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I said that Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge and Metal Gear 2 were all popular games when i was growing up. I didn't say it wasn't part of the NES. x3

EDIT: Ok, this was unfortunate for me to find out, but apparantly Metal Gear 2 came out for the MSX in Japan, not the NES like i been reading and hearing all this time. so... *sigh*