Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Bucky-Roo

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Facerig is pretty awesome. I saw it's development a year ago and it has changed a lot :P
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I don't know exactly how. But I am sure someone else does.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So Playstation just released this Playstation TV.

One of the main reasons people hated the Xbox One was the fact that they focused too much on television. People said that Consoles shouldn't be for gaming. Now, ‪#‎Playstation‬ has decided to do exactly what Xbox did, but made this a sort of extension to the PS4. So, if you still haven't decided what to get for Christmas, you can either get a black box that plays games with the option of watching tv, or a black box that plays games that already has a tv option installed. Really in the end of this holiday season, its all about the games. Do you wanna play that one PS4 exclusive or the new Master Chief collection?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

From what I heard, right now isnt a good time for the xbox one. at least not to buy it. I hear various reasons for that though (lack of content, paying for watching the tv, its still to buggy). but that is a good point.
For me I got an xbox 360 for my birthday so the question now is. The halo games... or the batman games.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wow.

My little brother just got invited to Heroes of the Storm a few minutes ago.

I been waiting for MONTHS for this. now everyone in the family but me has it and I'm the one that wants it the most. X3

Guess i'll be bugging him for the PC :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Defcon Gaming's Vietnam War TDM GMod server fuels me with the rage of a thousand suns.

I've never been more disappointed in a server's management before. The concept was fantastic- use FA:S (probably the best SWEP addon out there) and make a Vietnam-themed war server.

But things just went downhill somewhere.

VIPs. They need to be there to run the server. But... well, I have two problems with it.

1: VIPs pay FAR too much. I think most VIPship is $10-$35 per month. Custom classes are something like $50 per month.
2: VIPs get WAY too much. Two moderators on the server, Miku and Neru, are outfitted with modern-day weapons (think FAMAS, AWP) at no cost, from the M9K pack (which has some REALLY OP weapons by comparison to what is available to the plebs). They're also much faster than anyone else and their hitboxes are screwed up because they use custom models. They're walking armies, basically- having ONE of them on your team basically sways the odds in your favor. This goes for MANY of the VIPs- one VIP class gets the Barrett .50cal. Another gets the G36C. Yet another gets an automatic shotgun. Another gets a PUMP-ACTION GRENADE LAUNCHER. It's absolute chaos with them around, and people complain about it A LOT.

Map choice is questionable. Some maps are HIGHLY biased to the US, one is highly biased to the Viet Cong, and the others are snipefests or are never chosen.

Weapon balancing is AWFUL, especially on the Viet Cong side.
Shotgun class is first obtained at Lvl 15 (a good 10-hour+ grind) and on the Viet Cong their shotgun fires slugs.
Not too bad right? Well what if I tell you that the shotgun doesn't 1-shot ANYWHERE but the head. It does 120 damage- the average Joe has 125 health (100 health +25 armor). It's gotten me killed WAY too many times, especially since the sights are so bad that getting a headshot is practically luck. Also annoying is that the US shotgun fires buckshot. Unbalanced much?
Viet SMG is vastly inferior to the US one (28 damage and 600RPM, where the US does 30 and 750RPM). The Viet assault rifles (AK-47 and AK-74) are statistically too close to be called different weapons (the 47 has more recoil and does 2 more damage), while the US assault rifles are either ridiculously good in CQB (M4A1) or very good at medium range (RK-95).
Viet DMR is a 4-shot, US is a 2-shot. Not even cool.
And the VIP weapons throw EVERYTHING off.

What's more, the admins and VIPs are complete JERKS. They banned talking about VIPs on the suggestion forums because they KNEW people were going to flood them with complaints about it. Instead, they want you to donate so that you're on an even playing field with them. Which is completely ridiculous. Why should I donate to your server when you consistently refuse to fix your problems when practically EVERYONE wants you to? Is it because you want to keep your power over the plebs? Well too bad, that mindset will make you lose players. (And it does, I've heard of MANY people who would go on there, get decimated by a VIP, and never go back again).

There are also rules which are on the forums, but not up front on the MOTD. Since you have to register to view the forums... Those rules will never be seen by most newbies. And since those rules can get you kicked, it's absolutely insane that they'd keep them off the MOTD. Do they WANT to keep people from being regulars?

The problems they have are such easy fixes, they should have been done a LONG TIME AGO. I don't know why they haven't bothered.

If you want my number, it's #804080.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

my thoughts are I want a Wii U now but still have no money.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Saturn381 wrote: Your thoughts?
*scrambles madly for wallet*
If you want my number, it's #804080.
exranio

Post by exranio »

My thoughts is that I want an estimate of how much the Mewtwo dlc will costs by itself because I am not gonna pick up the 3DS version to turn it into a 50 dollar dlc.

Aside from that all the new features are nice. The big stages is cool and all. But I'm still not completely sold on the stage selection as far as stages with no frustrating interruptions. My main problem with Smash for 3DS is that there was only like 5 stages I actually wanted to play on. I would be like "Magicant looks really nice" *flying man* "Never mind" "OH hey the mega man stage is really cool" *yellow devil* "Never mind"

Had the same thing the Pyrosphere stage during the direct. "Wow Pyrosphere looks like a really good stage" *Ridly and a bunch of other stuff comes up* "Oh come on!"

I don't understand why Sakurai seems so against the idea of a "hazards off" button. It would be way more useful than Omega mode, and its not like it gets rid of all the hazardy versions of the stages.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Yup, I better get a Wii U quick.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ultra Street Fighter IV is going to have a really particular costumes DLC! Check it out, Ryu looks awesome in this way! :D
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Hah theyre merging Harry Potter and Street Fighter ;).

"English boxer Dudley". Iirc Dudley started training boxing in the 5th book or something.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm really excited for the Wii U verison! There's so much that isn't in the 3DS version that I'm okay buying this game twice. Especially since all the cool features in Brawl will be in this version, including those cut from the 3DS version.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

I recently beat (from one perspective) Antichamber. It is a fantastic puzzle game. It really messes with your head when you play it. I highly recommend it.
I've also been playing Armadillo Run. It's a great puzzle game too.
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I know I'm late to the party,

but Bioshock Infinite is the best game I've played in a while.

Or maybe ever.
Just an Arc
devils

Post by devils »

Anyone in here play League of Legends? I'm always looking for people to play with and would love to play with you guys!
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

devils wrote:Anyone in here play League of Legends? I'm always looking for people to play with and would love to play with you guys!
I do play a little bit of LoL , unfortunately I live in Asia though , so I don't think we could play with each other ^^"
RokukeShiba

Night in the woods

Post by RokukeShiba »

http://www.nightinthewoods.com/

Its a neat game that I hope will be very good. I love story based games and this seems pretty cool I saw the ps4 trailer in best buy. Have you guys and gals heard of it?
dtlux1

Re: Night in the woods

Post by dtlux1 »

This game looks interesting. If it comes to the PC, I may get it. Otherwise, I need a Play Station, and I don't have the money. I have been wanting one since the PS2 was the main system.
RokukeShiba

Re: Night in the woods

Post by RokukeShiba »

dtlux1 wrote:This game looks interesting. If it comes to the PC, I may get it. Otherwise, I need a Play Station, and I don't have the money. I have been wanting one since the PS2 was the main system.

WHERE CAN I PLAY IT?

On PC, Mac, Linux, and the Sony Playstation 4 home console. Perhaps more eventually. We're wild.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

May be more "cartoons" than "video games," but hey, it's game-related. Sonic Boom premiered today.

And you know what? It was wonderful.

Like, I was expecting it to be good after the trailers and all, but the showing today really surpassed my expectations. It filled me with fanboyish excitement for this franchise I didn't know I still had. The characters are great and properly voiced, the writing is more often than not hilarious, the animation is shockingly good, the action is fun...it's just an awesome show, probably better than any Sonic cartoon has any business being. Except for the OVA, that's still amazing. I'm really glad it's turned out this well - Sonic kinda needed something like this, and the game doesn't look all that promising. And especially after Lost World, it's a big leap forward in writing and characterization. Like, really, I think that's what excites me about this most of all. I like Lost World, but it was practically rock bottom in the story department.

All in all, it's awesome. Go watch it.
*cough*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like how one of the canonical constants is that Sonic can't swim. :P

I saw the first episode. It's not too bad! Not sure I'd call myself a fan, but it's pretty enjoyable! Also, there is a TV show thread, so this would probably go better there if you want to continue it further.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Sleet wrote:I like how one of the canonical constants is that Sonic can't swim. :P

I saw the first episode. It's not too bad! Not sure I'd call myself a fan, but it's pretty enjoyable! Also, there is a TV show thread, so this would probably go better there if you want to continue it further.
I'd say watch the second episode before you form a full impression. I really like the first episode, but the second one is easily the stronger of the two. I'll take it to the TV show thread after this, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Anyway, to keep things more on topic, been playing some Super Mario 3D World, trying to clean up all the stuff I didn't do before. Like playing through every level with all of the characters. Oh well, it's a super fun game, and replay value is replay value.

I need to get back to Tales of Xillia 2 though.
*cough*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I actually didn't play all the levels with all the characters. I feel like that's kinda false longevity there? I mean, how much different will my experience be playing a level as Luigi rather than Mario? That's not really "content."

Whatever. I completed it 100% with at least one character, so that's 100% enough for me. It's not like the game didn't have enough content even then! It had a ton.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Well, part of it is just having an excuse to play all the levels again for me.

Also, on the topic of Sonic Boom (the Wii U game), some footage has been released on line with cutscenes and stuff and...yeesh. It's like they didn't even try with anything. The writing is pretty butt and the awful generic movie soundtrack music keeps playing over anything and doesn't allow any sort of mood. The game seemed pretty lame to begin with, but the story was the only thing I was looking forward to. The character interaction is so stilted and lame compared to the show. Bleh. Maybe the 3DS game'll be worthwhile, not holding my breath though.
*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Majora's mask 3d!
Check out these screenshots and artworks from the game!
Link to page!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
new game +

Post by new game + »

So, who's looking forward to the Warlords of Dreanor release today? :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Next week i'll be playing it non-stop =P

I'm pumped to get my Warrior and Paladin out for a workout.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
new game +

Post by new game + »

They've changed fury warriors so much. Not only have they removed Colossus smash, but people are saying that using 2 1-handed weapons is best for damage now. Gonna be hard to adjust.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I am planning on getting Smash Bros for the 3DS, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Anyone here like Dust: An Elysian Tail? I think that is a great game. I need to play it some more.

Also, yay. 151 pages. Like 151 Pokemon. :P
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

dtlux1 wrote:I am planning on getting Smash Bros for the 3DS, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Anyone here like Dust: An Elysian Tail? I think that is a great game. I need to play it some more.

Also, yay. 151 pages. Like 151 Pokemon. :P
Dust was a pretty cool game. The development of the game is even more amazing :P
And *cough* 719 Pokemon
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like Dust! The game really coulda used a little more polish, but it's still a lot of fun. And the character designs are neat.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Isn't Dust like a staple for all furry gamers?

I think my brother owns that game, but I don't think he's ever touched it.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

I haven't touched Dust in a while. I should really finish.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I just looked up Dust. I like the artwork, but it doesn't really look like a game I would play. Yesterday, I played Five Nights At Freddy's 1 & 2, both for the first time. I beat both of them and they were really fun to play.

Does anyone here still play Guitar Hero?
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Post by Deske »

It's been a long time since I played Guitar Hero. But I used to.
Quick topic change, I need to play Skyrim again.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Deske wrote:It's been a long time since I played Guitar Hero. But I used to.
Quick topic change, I need to play Skyrim again.
Honestly, I have never played any of the Elder Scrolls games
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Post by Deske »

You really should, personally I think Skyrim is the best for me, it looks good, moddable like crazy and it's got fairly fun gameplay. But I'm playing the first one, Arena and it's pretty good too. Haven't gotten Daggerfall to work yet, but when I do I'll have all 5 TES games.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I played Skyrim for a while on my roommate's XBox. I loved that you could become a werewolf - a bit weird to have a catlike Khajiit turning into canine; even weirder when a lizard-like Argonian to turns into a mammal. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.