Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Saturn381

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Saturn381 »

So here's something I found that's interesting. Apparently someone on reddit decrypted the smash 1.06 update and founded these new sound files of victory themes.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comme ... ervations/

And someone on YouTube posted a video of what the themes are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk_yOpD ... e=youtu.be

Could this mean we might be getting Roy and Ryu as DLC?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Now that there's DLC I wouldn't be surprised!

Maybe if Roy DLC is popular enough they can remake his game! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*points at Sleet*

Sunday!
Sunday!
Sunday!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

They are doing that character poll, so it is entirely possible. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Scorched 3D - a fun free oldschool (early 2000s) downloadable game involving weapons of mass destruction, mutual annihilation, and land remodeling. :) http://scorched3d.co.uk/
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

The official name and characters for project ukulele (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie) has just been revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYEQyiiEqdI

Your thoughts?
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Saturn381 wrote:The official name and characters for project ukulele (Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie) has just been revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYEQyiiEqdI

Your thoughts?
It looks a lot better than the I love you that was skylanders.

On another note, I'm super excited that a new Deus Ex game is coming out. <3
All your acorns are belong to us.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Oh yeah. My bro's real hyped for that.

I personally couldn't finish Human Revolution. Story wasn't the best, stealth got boring and guns blazing felt so meh gameplay-wise.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Okay, I got to show this. The kickstarter to Yooka-Laylee has started today, and it's already met it's goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pl ... rare-vival
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have not been so excited for a game in a long time. I put 20 pounds toward it. They seemed to have already met their stretch goals, so they're adding more goals! 1.1 million pounds is an N64 shader mode and a "GK Rap" in the credits. That's ridiculous. XP

I'm surprised they only showed stretch goals up to 1.2 million. They sure as heck can make a lot more than that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

deepskycyan wrote:Oh yeah. My bro's real hyped for that.

I personally couldn't finish Human Revolution. Story wasn't the best, stealth got boring and guns blazing felt so meh gameplay-wise.
The story was rather difficult to follow, a lot of it is retained in the e-mails and other transcendence found in the environment as opposed to being shown in cutscenes. So if you missed too much, not much insight would be there.

I loved the stealth option, it's a bit unrealistic, but it was really satisfying clearing a room without a single gun.

The inventory system meant not a lot of weapons could be carried at once, but a maxed out revolver or assault rifle is always fun.

I really enjoyed the game for its atmosphere, I really believed I was in the future if I suspended my disbelief for a bit, the art direction and music was wonderful. The -play how you want- option was very nice as well, you can even merely knock out bosses instead of straight up ending them.
Saturn381 wrote:Okay, I got to show this. The kickstarter to Yooka-Laylee has started today, and it's already met it's goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pl ... rare-vival
I've seen a lot of excitement over this successor, there's a lot of amusing fan art with old banjo-kazooie waving to yooka-laylee setting off for adventure.
Liam

Post by Liam »

deepskycyan wrote:Oh yeah. My bro's real hyped for that.

DX:HR was pretty good gameplay-wise, with the innovative convo system a highpoint, but that ending fell flat on its nose. In the original you had to execute specific actions in different parts of the final map, and had to backtrack to a previous map for one, in order to unlock each of the three endings. Here you go to a room and talking head computer lady tells you to press one of three buttons to play clips of stock footage with Adam hobby-philosophizing in voiceover. Yeah...

I give them credit where it's due, though, you had better options this time around. In the original your choices were awfully authoritarian; you and only you decide the fate of billions of people. In HR you're given a democratic option, to let the world know what backroom deals lead to their plight and make an informed decision.

But I fear all this will be retroactively negated if MD pulls an Invisible War. In that sequel they were necessarily forced to go with a linear story, so all the mutually exclusive endings of the predecessor came true in a weird mish-mash. All your choices didn't matter in the end.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I'm a bit behind everyone else on this, but I've really gotten into the game The Last Of Us recently (which I actually don't have and only have seen someone play on YouTube), and it's really making me consider getting a PS4 eventually.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Long time no see~

So games huh? I've been playing two MMORPGs, Dragon Nest SEA and Elsword. The former is fun but demanding, the latter is a cash grab, so I guess I'll stop playing it soon.

Oh yeah, I got my 3DS last March, and Pokemon AS last month. I have a blast playing it, and breeding Treeckos before throwing them up in Wonder Trade xD Thinking of getting Smash Bros too after getting convinced by a gamer review, only when I got enough funds for it though =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Cool Kuro! Remember to add us all in the 3DS thread. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Has anybody ever played "Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars"? I decided to take a crack at it since i did play its sequel first when it came out (Paper Mario) and I must say that I am really impressed with it. My only complaint is that it seems too short. In a few hours I already got 3 of the stars.

I like Geno though.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It is a short game, but there is a lot and I mean ALOT of extra content.

Be sure to find it all after you beat it :3
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

So I got a HD collection disc of the first three Sly Cooper games for the PS3. I must admit I'm having a blast. The games have excellent original stories and real fun beat'em up scenarios. If any has a PS3, I highly recommend you get it. Currently on episode 2 of the second game. :) Got to remember to get the fourth game before they stop selling it.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I played it! My friend from HP! (known as Psykeout if anyone remembers the name) actually got it for me for Christmas. It was really good, but I couldn't have helped but miss many of the features Paper Mario improved with. Paper Mario is the better game in my opinion.

Heck, Paper Mario is my favorite ever!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I haven't gotten the chance to continue since I'm stressing over jobs.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

you know, call me weird in taste, bu i have been a Player of "COMMAND & CONQUER" for years now. i just recently picked up the complete anniversary pack with all the games in current format, so that means i can play the original C&C from the 1900's on my new laptop. its so much fun
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Huh, funny. I'm ordering that soon, I miss playing Generals and Red Alert 2. :lol:
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Kyuunado wrote:Huh, funny. I'm ordering that soon, I miss playing Generals and Red Alert 2. :lol:
My favorite was the "Yuris revenge" expansion for red alert 2. Lots of fun stuff to play with
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I think i'm close to done with Monster Hunter 4:U. But after 400 hours, I shouldn't be shocked.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Tropico 5 and Monster Hunter 4:U are still the primary things that I'm actively playing. Though I only really play MonHun on weekends.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Still bummed that Silent Hills got cancelled a few weeks back. it was looking like an awesome project, too.

One of the cool things, though, is this petition online to restart the project to get Kojima, Norman Reedus and Guillermo del Toro. Hopefully this scary game can be picked up and restarted by Kojima again :3

https://www.change.org/p/kojima-product ... lent-hills
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Gonna try to start playing SMRPG again tonight.
Liam

Post by Liam »

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Has anyone else played Splatoon? It's a brand new Nintendo IP and it's really fun! It's kinda like Team Fortress meets Super Mario Sunshine meets Tony Hawk's Pro Skater meets Jet Grind Radio meets Portal. The visual style is absolutely amazing, and the gameplay is oddly addictive. The only downside is that the game is pretty clearly not finished; some modes and levels are waiting for DLC (which will, fortunately, be free).
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Been relaxing with Watch Dogs, it feels amazing to get air borne and escape the cops in a flashy manner. The plots actually not half bad, aside from the motivations for the protagonist.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Heh, I got tired with Pokemon AS. Battle Spot is a sad place to be, Wonder Trade is full of trolls and no post-game is just meh. This being the only full game I have for my 3DS, it got played less and less nowadays.

I'm looking forward for the Super Mystery Dungeon series though. Finally it goes back to the series' roots.

Until then though, I'll just watch other people play games on Youtube =w=

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Getting a Wii U for christmas. Splatoon looks neat. Can't wait to see what else i can expect for christmas :3
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Awww, you have to battle me sometime at least! :lol:
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Splatoon looks great, but I think it's more of Nintendo's try into the online multiplayer FPS genre. Only more cutesy and inky ;p
Kyuunado wrote:Awww, you have to battle me sometime at least! :lol:
Sure, I'm always up for a battle. At least I wouldn't feel sad losing to VGC candidates TwT

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I, for one, am super hype. Only got into the Fallout games in the last few years, but I've beaten 3 and have clocked quite a few hours into New Vegas so far, and have been playing a lot of it recently. Judging purely on the graphics and location, assuming 4 is even remotely as good as the previous titles mechanically, I will enjoy the new game immensely.
Sleet wrote:Has anyone else played Splatoon?
I actually really wanna try it out. Unfortunately, I don't have a Wii-U, and I doubt I'll be getting one any time soon. So I'm likely to miss out on it unless one of my friends grabs it and I can play with them (not sure if they've got LAN/split-screen multiplayer or not).

Personally, I've been playing a lot of Fallout: New Vegas (as previously mentioned), I played a lot of 7 Days to Die and would still be playing if any of my friends actually had it, and I just grabbed the new (early access) game called ARK: Survival Evolved which is basically Rust/DayZ/7DTD/etc. but with dinosaurs. And though it has awful performance issues, it shows a ton of promise, and I'm hoping to get a good bit of mileage out of that.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

kurowolfe wrote:
I'm looking forward for the Super Mystery Dungeon series though. Finally it goes back to the series' roots.
Well this is amazing news to me! I love the Mystery Dungeon series, what with the near endless gameplay and the surprising attachment I develop with the 'partners' that accompany you on your journeys. So sad when you have to leave. :(

On a different note, I only recently found it, but Watch Dogs has a mini game where you get to pilot a SPIDER TANK! Gosh the model of the thing is amazing, you can jump around, traverse sides and the undersides of things, and blow things up, did I mention this being done with a SPIDER TANK? So cool.~

The model looks so good I can just imagine the game studio execs panicking after learning the game studio blew tons of money on a mini game. XD
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Whozjama wrote:I love the Mystery Dungeon series, what with the near endless gameplay and the surprising attachment I develop with the 'partners' that accompany you on your journeys. So sad when you have to leave. :(
I have played the Explorers of Sky game several times through and after just happening to get Mudkip and choosing Chikorita as my partner the first time, I have NEVER been able to play it otherwise. I just grew too used to those two characters. And it was only after beating the game the first time that I remembered Mudkip/Chikorita just also happened to be the combination I had in the first game.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

JeffCvt wrote:
Whozjama wrote:I love the Mystery Dungeon series, what with the near endless gameplay and the surprising attachment I develop with the 'partners' that accompany you on your journeys. So sad when you have to leave. :(
I have played the Explorers of Sky game several times through and after just happening to get Mudkip and choosing Chikorita as my partner the first time, I have NEVER been able to play it otherwise. I just grew too used to those two characters. And it was only after beating the game the first time that I remembered Mudkip/Chikorita just also happened to be the combination I had in the first game.
Yeah! I remember being Charmander and my partner being Riolu; the writing was so good, I never felt so attached in the gamefreak games as opposed to these ones.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I haven't played Mystery Dungeon since the originals came out, but I sunk probably 50 hours and several play-throughs into Red Rescue Team right after it released. It was an incredibly good game, and I adore the concept. I actually kinda wish they'd kept going with the show special they put out just before the game release; I woulda watched the hell outta that series.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm just glad there's a new Mystery Dungeon game, because many people say that the first 3DS version, Gates to Infinity, kinda sucks. Too easy (no hunger) and only 5 Pokemons to choose from, the Unova starters, Pikachu and Axew. Some now say that GTI is a tech demo for the upcoming new one. It's coming out in Japan in September, and the US in winter for $50.

.... why are 3DS games soooooo expensive TwT?