Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

TinFoilHats

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by TinFoilHats »

...and amassing a ball of the most mundane objects(telephone poles, cars, buildings, shopping malls, you name it XD).
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Katamari Damacy is definitely an experience worth having.

I just got Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. It's a lot of fun! It seems like the decks are stronger than in 2013, which is a very welcome change.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:Katamari Damacy is definitely an experience worth having.

I just got Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. It's a lot of fun! It seems like the decks are stronger than in 2013, which is a very welcome change.
Is there any magic the gathering video game that isn't a card game simulator?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I've never really had an interest in that game :I

I've heard Draw Something was pretty fun. It's one of the games I'm wanting to get once I get an Ipod Touch(yes, I don't have one yet, surprisingly enough).
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Sleet wrote:Katamari Damacy is definitely an experience worth having.

Is there any magic the gathering video game that isn't a card game simulator?
There is an old one that is apparently awful.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I just lost about 7 dollars (chaning the currencies) because I bought the deck slot in magic thinking it was hidden decks, but it was just space for saving decks...
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Lol, that was silly, sorry for your bad luck, was it poorly explained in the ingame shop?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

For what it's worth, those deck slots are at least useful. Getting only two shots at a sealed deck is pretty limiting. I'd really appreciate an additional one. Not enough to spend money on it, sure, but still.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Lol, that was silly, sorry for your bad luck, was it poorly explained in the ingame shop?
Yeah. I didn't understand exactly the instructions for the slots. In steam, there are things like "buy sealed deck slot 6~10/buy sealed deck slot 11~15/buy sealed deck slot 16~20"
I bought the "sealed deck slot 16~20" thinking that they were decks hidden in slots because of their numbers. I know I most likely missread something, but I still think they could have said in the actual description on the package "This is where you save your decks in the sealed campaign". There was no real explanation there telling me what these slots were.
Also, why sell slots out of order.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I started playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team yesterday. A friend of mine recommended it to me, adding that it had a really, really sad ending. To those who have finished it, in the least spoilerful way possible, is true or not?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It's more of a buzz kill really, but then if your easily moved (emotionally) then yeah maybe.
Explorers of time/darkness is better in my opinion. Getting a level 100 moltres to max IQ and knowing heat wave and flamethrower makes it stupidly easy, it can fly through walls and destroy them.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I happy 'cause I just bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf today CAFFINEERMERGERSH!!
Now, if you excuse me, I need to get 10,000 bells for Tom Nook so's that racoon can build my house and I can move out of that tent >:(.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

You're so lucky!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

TinFoilHats wrote:I happy 'cause I just bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf today CAFFINEERMERGERSH!!
Now, if you excuse me, I need to get 10,000 bells for Tom Nook so's that racoon can build my house and I can move out of that tent >:(.
10. thousand is only the beggining. After that you have to pay 39 thousand as a loan as soon as you finish your house.
='(
Don't forget to shake every tree you see. Sometimes 100 bells come out of it (and you're lucky, you'll get repeated fossils and the fossils are expensive in the retail store, and they're my main source of income. That and sea shells).
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Hahaahaha! I still play the GameCube Animal crossing.
And on DS he charges you 999999000 bells In the last loan. :| as if the stupid amount of money beforehand isn't enough.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

angelusbr wrote:Don't forget to shake every tree you see. Sometimes 100 bells come out of it (and you're lucky, you'll get repeated fossils and the fossils are expensive in the retail store, and they're my main source of income. That and sea shells).
I'm actually quite familiar with the tree trick, but thanks anyway.

Also, my main source of income is insects, fish, and fossils. I find that I can make 10000, 11000, or even 13000 bells just on those things. Finally, I recommend selling stuff at Re-Tail because they pay more than the Nookling place.

And paying off a 999999000 bell loan?? Challenge Accepted!!!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You don't understand. In that even a 2000 bell fish or bug is rare. Fossils only fetch 5000-12000 at best. That's why it's hard.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:You don't understand. In that even a 2000 bell fish or bug is rare. Fossils only fetch 5000-12000 at best. That's why it's hard.
Sure it'll take you a heck of a long time to get 999999000 from just fossils and what have you, but it's not impossible.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It took me 3 years, and in 25 years my character will die. :|
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:It took me 3 years, and in 25 years my character will die. :|
Characters can die in Animal Crossing??? Whoa, that is dark 8I
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Only on the GameCube one, after 30 years they perish.
I only hope my next guy inherits my stuff...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wait what? Elaborate.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet wrote:Wait what? Elaborate.
I remember seeing an article that the gamecube Animal crossing game characters only last for 30 real years before the file being deleted or something like that.
Also, on the topic of Animal Crossing New Leaf, you guys now you control the mayor of the town, but heres the thing, after 4 years or so, do you think there'll be an event election? Or is it a lifelong duty?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Presumably it's life-long. I hope so anyway. If the villagers start putting together a smear campaign based on your improper uses of an axe... *shivers*
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Who else besides me has played Spyro before?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So guys, I just got a 3DS, it's cool, I like it so far, however, I need some game recommendations, I have Zelda OOT 3-D, and that's it.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Mario Kart 7.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I found Paper Mario: Sticker Star to be incredibly underwhelming, myself.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

hypernovatic wrote:Who else besides me has played Spyro before?
Me, it's one of the PS2 games I played growing up (I think it was The Year of the Dragon and Ripto's Rage). It was fun, and quite challenging actually.
I've played the newer versions too, but I somehow prefer the old school ones. *nostalgia*

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I play the original sometimes... The skating was fun.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I am very impatiently spamming F5 on cube worlds shop page in hopes that it will open up soon because this is getting ridicilous hhhhhhhrkkkk
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So guys, I just got a 3DS, it's cool, I like it so far, however, I need some game recommendations, I have Zelda OOT 3-D, and that's it.
New Super Mario Bros 2, Luigis Mansion 2, RE: Revelations... and I'm also a fan of the Virtual Console. The old Mega Man Classics (1-6) are still great games :)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So guys, I just got a 3DS, it's cool, I like it so far, however, I need some game recommendations, I have Zelda OOT 3-D, and that's it.
There's pokemon, monter hunter, animal crossing, fire emblem, star fox and Shin meami tensei and Smash brawl. These are the only ones I played and recommend.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

TIME TO PLAY CUBE WORLD PEACE WORLD

Edit: just a note this game looks really really rad and cool and just yes https://picroma.com/cubeworld if anyone interested
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I loved Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was the first game I played in the series and it was AMAZING!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Rico

Post by Rico »

Tiggy wrote:TIME TO PLAY CUBE WORLD PEACE WORLD

Edit: just a note this game looks really really rad and cool and just yes https://picroma.com/cubeworld if anyone interested
Looks interesting. I always wondered what Minecraft would be like with a stronger RPG aspect to it.

Shame it's Windows only :(
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Calling it minecraft is a massive stretch, there aren't any crafting or gathering blocks to build whatever with, more or less a voxel-based mmo! C:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

hypernovatic wrote:I loved Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was the first game I played in the series and it was AMAZING!
I'm a long-time fan of Fire Emblem and I have to say it's my favorite game in the entire series, as well as my favorite 3DS game.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Awakening was awesome, but I feel like we players got an easy button on it. Dual-attacking seemed a little OP and your enemies could not dual attack.

...Then again, there is Lunatic+ mode... Ehn, it may balance out. It's an awesome game regardless and so far the only 3DS game that I own... It's kinda been an underwhelming handheld, but that's slowly being rectified.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

If there is anyone here that enjoys just jumping straight into a game and exploring vast landscapes and dungeons, I would definitely recommend cube world, it is a ton of fun and very easy to get into! https://picroma.com/cubeworld C: