Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Kyuunado

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Kyuunado »

Whilst you are correct it is a good last-resort against the end boss on soul calibur 2 (big flaming guy with random weapons and LOTS of health) and against Human players in smash bros, since using unpredictable moves and patterns makes guarding much harder, especially with quick characters like fox (melee and brawl, he is much slower in the original)
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If you flail randomly at me in Super Smash Bros. I'll just destroy you with your lack of defense. It's not that hard to counter. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Okay guys, so this is awesome. System Shock 2 is now on Steam! This is awesome and I love it :3
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sleet wrote:And that's a pretty good UI, Mickey!
Thanks! c:
Sleet wrote: A little cluttered, though, if you ask me.
I can see how- there is a lot of stuff to process, come to think of it.

But hey, it's better than last time.

...Yeah, I'm not impressed either. |c
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm buying a 3DS soon, you guys! I have a soon-to-be-college-freshman friend in my major who wants to sell his 3DS because he never uses it, and for $90, it's a total steal. Since I only want a 3DS so I can buy Pokemon X in October, it seems like a good deal to me. XD I'm slowly working towards buying a PS3 for $200, but realistically that is not going to happen any time soon. =P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have a 3DS but just cannot bring myself to buy the new pokemon game. I don't claim its "unoriginal"* but it just isn't as fun as the first three generations, where less tactical team strategy was needed and more earthquakes would solve problems.

(*people complain as there are pokemon of a bin bag and a balloon, but Voltorb from gen 1 was a upsidedown pokeball.)

Feel free to add me on NSMB Mario 3DS though, if that's possible.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Earthquake is still one of the best moves in the game, and team battles aren't that common...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It does require much more planning though. Use this move then that and finish with this because the last two add to its effect, I preferred just earth quaking and blizzard-ing em' all, lots of bugs in the first gen though, like fishing in gym statues and Missingno.
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

I don't really plan moves at all to be honest when playing Pokemon. At the most, I try to have type advantages when at gyms, but other than that, I go by pure luck and hope spamming attacks will be enough to win.(While ofcourse, having fun.) :P
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ha! All this talk of pokemon made Sleet get a Vg cats avatar of Aeris with a pokeball. What I don't get is, you get stopped from walking into tall grass as its dangerous, then you take down a multi-billion dollar crime syndicate. Because that's less dangerous apparently.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

I really only play Pokemon for the strategist in me. I do go through and do all the EV/sometimes IV training to get my team as strong as possible. I try and balance out the weakness of one of my team members with the strengths of another. I also try and get moves that cover all possible weaknesses of the Pokemon.

But I still get my tail handed to me by those in Japan, but probably because they're cheap and use legendaries in their teams. I will never have a Legend on my team cuz that's no fun. I do feel good when I beat those with Legendaries, though... ^^;

I actually get thrown when going back to the older generations. Prior to IV, when the Physical/Special split was switched from move type to actual move, I now just lose it playing the old way. The Physical/Special split in Gen IV was the best thing to ever happen to the games.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Isn't it a good thing that the game is less mindless now?

I enjoy playing Pokémon somewhat strategically but when it gets to the competitive degree of strategy, I get bored. It's not really Pokémon to me when you get that far.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Pokemon is a tired series, I will admit. Generation VI is on the horizon (October), so... I'm still debating getting it or not. I have it preordered, but it's easy for me to get that deposit back. Quite a few series I used to like are starting to bore me. I'm not really sure where my gaming self is gonna go in the next year or so.

I still need to finish Ni no Kuni...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I feel that somehow, finding new continents that conveniently have more pokemon, many of whom are legendary, and finding these new places Right next to where you are makes the effect wane a little. How quickly do those trees grow back after being cut down anyway? It's like, instant.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Also, they're completely bugging up the Legendaries with each other. Arceus vs Mew... Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza vs Landorus, Tornadus, and Thunderus could be one... They're just adding in so much lore that it's starts to conflict with what they've previously said.
Mickey the Luxray

But hey, personally I think that Y has the coolest main legendary to have ever been created- Yveltal. I mean, come on, just the name spews awesome! I could say it all day...

Oh, and also, it'll have Luxray. So I am pleased.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The legendaries get pretty tired to me, especially considering they're often very overdesigned and don't really look organic at all. But I don't focus on them. I welcome new Pokémon designs and like all these new regions with new critters. :3
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

It's been a long time since I last played a Pokemon game. About 6 years I think... My interest in Pokemon disappeared once Generation IV started. After that, I pretty much just ignored the series. I didn't really hate the games. I kind of just got lazy on catching up on all the stuff I've missed.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Krillbite studios are releasing their free demo of among the sleep today, can't wait! C: Survival horror game in which play as a 2 year old boy http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kri ... -the-sleep
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Generation I's legendary birds are still my faves. Lugia and Ho-Oh are also nice. *giggles* Articuno and Zapdos, though... they're totally the best.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Mickey the Luxray

Articuno was always my favorite of the three.

Then again, I really love blue, so that should be a given -u-
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Zapdos was my favorite when I was little! Then I started liking more mammal Pokémon. :3
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Yeah, speaking of Pokemon, I've recently got into the series for the first time just recently(my parents would never let me play it for some reason :/ ). I'm playing Pokemon Sapphire version.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald versions. Those were the best in my opinion. I got Black/White 2 not too long after it came out, but I was really disappointed by it. I didn't even get past the 3ed gym before I lost all interest in playing it. And that's saying something because I really wanted to get to Hoenn at the end of the game.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Oblivious Adobo

Post by Oblivious Adobo »

I was playing Sapphire recently, but then my sister took the game and didn't realize I had started playing it, so now I'm playing Pokemon Blue now. :lol:
Also I since we're talking about pokémon...
made these costumes in Tekken Tag 2.
I'm like a ninja; only loud and annoying.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sometimes I feel odd, because I know so many people who love Pokemon, the last game I played in the series was Silver, and I never finished that one, I actually never even finished Blue, despite having had it for years, I still ask from time to time why Pokemon is so huge.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
McFly

Post by McFly »

JeffCvt wrote:Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald versions. Those were the best in my opinion. I got Black/White 2 not too long after it came out, but I was really disappointed by it. I didn't even get past the 3ed gym before I lost all interest in playing it. And that's saying something because I really wanted to get to Hoenn at the end of the game.
I don't blame you for feeling that way.

The only reason I played through is because I wanted to face the gym leaders and the champions from the past regions in the PWT. And to be honest, the PWT was one of the few things that I actually liked about the Black 2/White 2 games.
Mickey the Luxray

I've always had more interest in the Mystery Dungeon games than in the main-series games. Mainly because there's a lot more character development, and taking on the role of the Pokemon is most definitely a unique way of looking at the Pokemon universe.

Plus, a universe where Pokemon rule has a LOT more story potential, considering the huge diversity of Pokemon.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Now the Mystery Dungeon series is one I have always liked. Explorers of Sky has my favorite storyline of any game I've ever played. I may just have to take that out and play it some now that you reminded me of it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Speaking of Pokemon spin-offs, Conquest is one that I still actually pull up time-to-time. It's a bit overly simplistic as a Pokemon game (at least the battling is...), but I still enjoy it for the tactical part. I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but tactical and strategical games are just what I like right now.

Recently I've beaten Metal Gear Solid 3. Got the Iguana ranking. Around 18 kills (most hilarious one was when I was on the cliff with that Hind in the sky. Jumped on an AA placement when I got an Alert, just fired at a dude above me... Poor guy. X3), a few more Alert phases, quite a lot of continues (my first being me hitting the wrong button while hanging on a ledge...) and a handful of saves. Going through my second now focused on getting Camos/Facepaints I've missed, as well as focusing on catching that dang Tsuchinoko. I could only find 1 mousetrap my first playthrough... It was fun getting The End's camo, as well as his Mosin Nagant. That boss fight was fun, but what I don't get is why I met The End's parrot when fighting The Sorrow. I didn't kill the parrot! Got the Spirit camo easy from The Sorrow. MK22 Hush Puppy ftw. X3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have Conquest. I wanted to love it; it was a Pokémon grid-based strategy RPG! How awesome is that?! But... it just wasn't good. There wasn't much depth to it. :(
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have tried the new mystery dungeon, it's pretty good though they need a new plot line. In explorers of darkness I am unbeatable, Sceptile, Raichu, Leafeon and a Kyuubi (Nine tails)
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

......i remember my explorers of time.....im still looking for it! :evil:
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Mickey the Luxray

The only thing that annoys me about the MD games is the personality test. There doesn't seem to be a guide to specific answers of questions to get specific Pokemon.

On my Explorers of Darkness game I was a Skitty, and I was pretty much unbeatable. Skitties in that game are really good for some reason 8c Anyway, I ended up deleting that account b/c I'm a dummy. I REALLY want to figure out what answers I would need to be a Skitty again...
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

You can look those up online you know.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Mickey the Luxray

I remember doing so a few months ago. Nothing came up. :l
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You don't need to on the new one! There's a choice! A CHOICE!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

List right here of the questions, what traits they give your, and what overall trait you need to get a specific pokemon.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/938930-pokem ... faqs/52501
It make take a few times because it doesn't ask the same questions every time, but that's just what it is.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I just always got my favorite. Treecko FTW!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

The new Sim city... The only one where you cannot fail and demand for zones is useless. They screwed up the game so badly that everyone got Mass effect 3 or something else for free on steam.