Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

MrNeonShot

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by MrNeonShot »

That was such a sad game! I think it was one of the only games I've actually cried about.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Dreamcast was basically my console to play Sonic Adventure and that's about it. Though later on when they got remade I got exposed to Skies of Arkadia and Phantasy Star Online. Great games (though the latter is very dated.)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Just defeated the 4 poe sisters in the forest temple of OoT! Now to finish the rest of the temple.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kyuunado wrote:They couldn't manage to effectively mirror the map on GameCube, this makes the game much easier than it would be. :P
I know three places that are a real pain though. Bottom of the Well, water temple and shadow temple. Have fun with that Neon. :lol:
I officially hate the Shadow Temple. It's more frustrating than the Water Temple.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Send Navi to annoy the bell out of Dark Link xD
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Or use the big Goron sword and spam spin attack, that works. Oh and use Dins fire. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing some Drakengard 3
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Nintendo has announced that on Monday, they're going to reveal a character for Super Smash Brothers. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-su ... 0-6421048/

Who do you think it's going to be? For me, if it's going to be an old character, it'll probably be either Ness or Captain Falcon. If it's going to be a new character, it'll probably be either Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening), or Marshal/Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven series) since the Gematsu leak has gotten 8 out of 11 characters right and some people as spotted enemies from Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven in Smash Run.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I would like more starfox or a tales of symphonia character.
But honestly I don't know, I just hope its not another pokemon. Since we have three already.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Come onnnnnn Shulk. Nothing would make me feel better than using the Monado Buster on someone. :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You guys should know my guess by now. =P

But just incase: Krystal. With the staff.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

GameCobra wrote:You guys should know my guess by now. =P

But just incase: Krystal. With the staff.
I hope its krystal to
RP Characters:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm still hoping for Mewtwo, but I'll accept Lucas, Captain Falcon or Ness.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

What?

Krystal in the new SSB?

[squeal]
Just an Arc
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If Krystal is not in it, at least one of the Belmonts would do as well.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I would be totally cool with Krystal. She's one of my top choices of those not already in the game.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Well sadly its not krystal (maybe she will be a secret character?) here is the smash site that revealed the characters http://www.smashbros.com/us/
RP Characters:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I just saw the character reveal and wow, that was surprising. I expected Sakurai to reveal one newcomer, I did not expect three. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ytrX0wweA

Your thoughts?
Last edited by Saturn381 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

There was talk of a Rayman trophy in the game. He might have just made four reveals.

I think at some point Nintendo needs to add a few other classic console characters, like Spyro or Crash. Actually doesn't Spyro have a game on the wiiU?
RP Characters:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I expect a few secret characters, they wouldn't just reveal everything would they? :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It'll be released in October, right?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

October 3rd 2014. With the WiiU version being in "Holiday" 2014, which means probably late November or early December. It may not be around the time the new Pokemon games release (mid November I think)
RP Characters:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I really wanted to see Lucina in Super Smash Bros., but had given up on her. This is great! And Robin? I have no idea who I even am going to play as! Not to mention they're retooling Yoshi so he might actually be worth playing now. I just hope Robin's limited-durability gimmick doesn't ruin him/her.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Wait, I thought Captain Falcon was already in the game. I agree with you drake, they should add a tales of symphonia character to that list. I'm thinking Lloyd, Kratos, Emil, Genis, and Collete.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Lloyd is pretty much the only one that would ever show up. When they're dipping into third-party titles, I doubt they'll go with anything but the most famous. I could see maybe Tails happening due to how huge Sonic is, but that's about it. And even that's a stretch.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Personally, I'm still hoping for Simon Belmont. Found myself playing Spirit Tracks lately...forgot how good of a game that is.

So at comic-con, there's a new set of DC comics figures designed in partnership with Square Enix, each being a new take on a classic character. The first to be revealed is Batman, designed by Tetsuya Nomura of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts fame. Wow...just...wow... O_O

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg ... an_FF2.jpg (I was going to use IMG, but the pic is ginormous, so I'll play it safe with a link)

While it's not exactly my favorite batsuit, it definitely nails it in the coolness factor. I'd love to play a game with this batsuit, but I don't know if I'd trust Squeenix with making it. Judging by the tone and style of the suit, I'd go with either Platinum or CyberConnect to make "Batman: Revengeance." :P
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:Personally, I'm still hoping for Simon Belmont. Found myself playing Spirit Tracks lately...forgot how good of a game that is.

So at comic-con, there's a new set of DC comics figures designed in partnership with Square Enix, each being a new take on a classic character. The first to be revealed is Batman, designed by Tetsuya Nomura of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts fame. Wow...just...wow... O_O

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg ... an_FF2.jpg (I was going to use IMG, but the pic is ginormous, so I'll play it safe with a link)

While it's not exactly my favorite batsuit, it definitely nails it in the coolness factor. I'd love to play a game with this batsuit, but I don't know if I'd trust Squeenix with making it. Judging by the tone and style of the suit, I'd go with either Platinum or CyberConnect to make "Batman: Revengeance." :P
Holy mother of god! If they're not going to make a game with this as one of the bosses....... That picture has and awesomeness level of 95. :) Also, I've been playing a new tales of game called "Tales of Graces". The battle gameplay is a little bit more complicated than in previous games, but the story is really good.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Sakurai has shown a new stage for the 3DS version of Smash Bros.

Sakurai said:
«'Ba-ding!' If you turn on the 3D effect, it really looks like there's a Game Boy inside the screen.»

Your thoughts?
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Saturn381 wrote:Sakurai has shown a new stage for the 3DS version of Smash Bros.

Sakurai said:
«'Ba-ding!' If you turn on the 3D effect, it really looks like there's a Game Boy inside the screen.»

Your thoughts?
I think it makes me want to get Metroid II. Or some other older Game Boy games. Waves of nostalgia over it, that's for sure.
In essence, it looks AWESOME and I can't wait to try it!
Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

After hearing discussion of Hyrule Warriors, I'm now strongly in favor of Ghirahim being in Super Smash Bros.: Conflict. He would be so cool!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Hey, guys! I found a game about one of Pete and spirit dragon's previous matches. Yes, they painted the dragon red instead of green and Pete is not as blue as in the comic, but hey, everyone makes mistakes, right?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Silly Zealot wrote:Hey, guys! I found a game about one of Pete and spirit dragon's previous matches. Yes, they painted the dragon red instead of green and Pete is not as blue as in the comic, but hey, everyone makes mistakes, right?
That looks really awesome!
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Silly Zealot wrote:Hey, guys! I found a game about one of Pete and spirit dragon's previous matches. Yes, they painted the dragon red instead of green and Pete is not as blue as in the comic, but hey, everyone makes mistakes, right?
I wasn't sure what to expect. But I am not disappointed.
RP Characters:
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I really hope that becomes a reality. X3
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Silent Dead. No, wait! The Walking Hill. Yeah!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Meta Knight is back in Smash Bros.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/metaknight.html

Your thoughts?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I've been playing alot of Skyrim as of late again. I'm not even bothering with the main quest and just doing all the other quests and building Lakeview Manor in the game (I only have the Hearthfire DLC). Also been fooling around in Garry's Mod as of late as well, mainly taking pictures with the models I have in the game. Like this one ---
Attachments
2014-08-10_00001.jpg
2014-08-10_00001.jpg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 12681 times
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I recently started playing Banjo-Tooie again. I don't remember it being this hard though. I'm now having problems with trying to use the Egg Aim technique again. But it is really fun. I'm in Witchy World right now.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Dunno about Kojima's involvement. I would say the installments growing ever more action-centric caused the decline of the series. Del Toro seems to know better how to do actual survival horror.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.