Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Legotron123

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Legotron123 »

I’m going to get Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition this Sunday as part of a big birthday Amazon package from my mom. Anyone have any tips for me?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What's different about the Royal Edition?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It includes all the stuff from the season pass, plus a few new areas and super bosses.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

JRPG DLC? Uuuugh.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Edit: Just remembered, I think posting images without any accompanying words is against the ruuuuuuules, so uhhh oops?
Last edited by KJOokami on Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

:lol: By the end of the game I bet everyone just called the kid "Boy"
Allons-y
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I haven't actually played it myself, but my roommate bought it when it first came out I watched him play most of it. Whenever the game would get quiet, one of us would just slowly look over at each other, put on the deepest voice we could muster, and say "Boy..." and then immediately crack up. :lol:

To be fair, though, this probably had as much to do with our level of sobriety while playing as the actual humor of a super deep-voiced, magnificently-bearded man saying "boy" like 400 times throughout the course of the game. Hehe.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

I haven't played it either, I don't own a ps4, sadly. But that was a major complaint of many people who played the game, that Kronos pretty much never called his kid by his name.
Allons-y
midnight

Post by midnight »

KJOokami wrote:I haven't actually played it myself, but my roommate bought it when it first came out I watched him play most of it. Whenever the game would get quiet, one of us would just slowly look over at each other, put on the deepest voice we could muster, and say "Boy..." and then immediately crack up. :lol:

To be fair, though, this probably had as much to do with our level of sobriety while playing as the actual humor of a super deep-voiced, magnificently-bearded man saying "boy" like 400 times throughout the course of the game. Hehe.
(Read this with the voice of an infomercial presenter)

But wait, THERES MORE! if you continue playing, you will recived a great amount of: I DONT KNOW, SILENCE BOY and descorcenting phrases that will make you laugh sometimes!

(Advice: in the majority of the game you will receive a lot of epic and bloody moments, that will be canceled for A LOT of dad-to-son moments, so prepare to LAUGH :lol: .)

But hey, at least santa monica studios take his time to create a great game, so if you put aside all this, you will enjoy a really good game.

Now i dont want to change the subject like this, but, wich is your favorite mythological creature, mine are the wolves who pursue the sun and the moon.
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

If we're talking in general, Fenrir.
if limited to stuff that's appeared in games... um... hmmm...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

The giant ice phoenix thing in Hel. I tried to look up if there was an equivalent in actual Norse mythology, but the internet was not on my side in that endeavor. Only thing I could find on ice phoenix were a couple references in what appears to be a fan-made database of Harry Potter beasts, and some mythological world called Caelereth?

Either way, the one in the game was awwwwwwesome.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sorry to double-post, but I just joined up with a WoW private server the other day. And oh my god it's so nostalgic. A lot of the quality of life changes that have occurred over the years are immediately apparent, but I honestly like it better without them. Even something simple like not having quest markers on the minimap just adds so much to the experience. Because it means you're forced to read quest text in order to figure out where to go. Not having potential quests show up means you have to actually look in all the buildings in a town to figure out who has quests for you. It's just like, everything about the old game forces you to interact with the game world itself, rather than just interacting with UI elements. And it's super refreshing.

Maybe once the nostalgia factor wears off, I'll start missing the current game, but right now I'm just enamored with the game all over again. Not quite in the same way I was when I started playing in 2005 at age 13, but as close to that original feeling of wonder as I think I've felt since.

Anyone else still play WoW? Either in the base game or on a private server?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I quit during Burning Crusade. I miss the game, but mostly I quit the amount of free time that let me truly enjoy it. The game is so much more streamlined now, which improves it in a lot of ways, but I feel also takes away some of the original charm. Some degree of inconvenience helps make the world feel big and alive. Too many quick shortcuts and the game is more a shirt-burst dungeon crawl than a proper open-world MMORPG.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

For sure. I did the majority of my playing during Wrath, and it's still my favorite expansion, but that was also the true beginning of the decline for the game, in my opinion. Blizzard adding the dungeon finder mechanic is the epitome of the shift they've made from immersion to convenience. By removing people's need to travel to dungeons, as well as handing out tons of experience and blue loot just for finishing a dungeon with LFD, Blizzard set the stage for the next several years where sitting in a major city and spamming dungeon finder was far and away the best way to level from 15 to 80+. This meant that the majority of the actual game world would just be completely skipped over for a lot of players. Why explore the world when it's way faster and more rewarding to just spam dungeons?

Even for people like me who fell in love with the world itself and actively *wanted* to avoid spamming dungeons to level, there was still no escaping the ever-present feeling that you were playing sub-optimally. Not the way the developers intended you to play. Playing "wrong". Suddenly, more and more systems were put in place that cemented this idea that the "real" game didn't begin until max level, and if you were trying to level by going out into the world and questing and exploring, then you were just purposely gimping yourself and pushing back the "true" WoW experience.

And I hated that. I still do. I understand from a business perspective that they wanted to appeal to the largest audience possible to keep sales up after they peaked sometime in Wrath, but a lot of the changes they've made over the past 8-10 years have really lessened the experience for me. I'm honestly not sure why I never tried a private server before now, but I'm really glad I did. Just finished my bear form quest for my Tauren druid, and it's really making me remember all the things I loved about the old game. <3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not to mention because the game is social, if everyone is just sitting at a city queuing dungeons all the time, even if you choose to play "normally," if nobody else is it feels more empty and less fun.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Legion was probably the peak of World of Warcraft at the moment for me. The Artifact weapons were great and the story was great as well, but as you play the game the quests lose their charm after so many expansions. Same goes for raiding. but the game i realize keeps calling you back since the game keeps getting good improvements.

I still play it, but i'm taking time to do other stuff now.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

THE NEXT FALLOUT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED, sort of.

Fallout 76 is the next game in the fallout franchise apparently, as a fan I am super excited! It will take place (obviously) in vault 76.

Here is the teaser trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo
Allons-y
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm excited for anything Fallout, but I've heard a lot of musings that it will be multiplayer in some respect and I'm a little concerned with how that would affect the game fantasy if it's implemented poorly. I hope it's just like a co-op feature where you can have a second player instead of an AI companion or something.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Agreed, I hope that the game is also able to be played just as a regular single player game
Allons-y
midnight

Post by midnight »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:Agreed, I hope that the game is also able to be played just as a regular single player game
Yeah, if you dont have a good internet and the game is only multiplayer, (or you dont have any friends, like my case :lol: ) I would be rally disapointed.

I also hear that the division 2 was announced too, but i dont see any trailer yet.
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

midnight wrote:
TheSilverFox51 wrote:Agreed, I hope that the game is also able to be played just as a regular single player game
Yeah, if you dont have a good internet and the game is only multiplayer, (or you dont have any friends, like my case :lol: ) I would be rally disapointed.
Well, I have no internet AND no friends, so yeah, I need a good single player experience...
Allons-y
midnight

Post by midnight »

TheSilverFox51 wrote: Well, I have no internet AND no friends, so yeah, I need a good single player experience...

If fallout 76 is only multiplayer, here you have your plan b: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PyySfFq2b8

Your welcome. :D
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

midnight wrote: If fallout 76 is only multiplayer, here you have your plan b: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PyySfFq2b8

Your welcome. :D

Thank you kindly, very excited for most of those! :D
Allons-y
dusk

Post by dusk »

Fallloooooooouuuut. One of my all time favorite franchises. Heck yes I am excited for this.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Asurakitsune

Post by Asurakitsune »

I am scared if its online....
I kinda suck at online games >.< it keeps me getting bored at it
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Asurakitsune wrote:I am scared if its online....
I kinda suck at online games >.< it keeps me getting bored at it
Same, one of the many reasons I want a solid single player experience.
Allons-y
IanDenter

Post by IanDenter »

Single player, all the way! Enough of these multiplayer games milking gamers with microtransactions.
IanDenter

Post by IanDenter »

So, what do you guys think of EA's "Anthem"?
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

NO FALLOUT 76 WILL BE COMPLETELY MULTIPLAYER! And it's a weird looking survival co-op game... So plan B?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-OUxxs3SCk
Allons-y
dusk

Post by dusk »

>:[ I'm upset now. I wanted it to be single player. Or at least have a single player mode.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
midnight

Post by midnight »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:NO FALLOUT 76 WILL BE COMPLETELY MULTIPLAYER! And it's a weird looking survival co-op game... So plan B?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-OUxxs3SCk
Relax, i got you covered (again :lol: )

Ori and the will of the wisps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd0zbNw1VOg (Beautiful game)

Halo Infinite - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmdb-KmlzD8 ( Let's hope they do it well, so pray to kitsune pls.)

Marvel’s Spider-Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ricWI0KHE (Interesting)

KINGDOM HEARTS III - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWlKEM3m2EE (I play this, im happy :lol: )

If anyone need more, i post more.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

They just showed a trailer for the new Smah Bros game (which is now going ti be called ultimate). And holy carp, this roster is going to be huge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93H7YC-83o
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

EVERYONE IS BACK!!!!!!, I HAVE SPEND THE PAST FEW HOURS MAKING NOISES THAT CAN’T DECIDE IF THEY’RE PANICKED OR EXCITED!!!!!!

midnight

Post by midnight »

Legotron123 wrote:EVERYONE IS BACK!!!!!!, I HAVE SPEND THE PAST FEW HOURS MAKING NOISES THAT CAN’T DECIDE IF THEY’RE PANICKED OR EXCITED!!!!!!
When i see the tráiler i almost cried ( no kidding)

Snake! Wolf! THE FREAKING ICE CLIMBERS! Nintendo.......i will say this one Time.......i....being a sega fan ADMIT that Nintendo is best than SEGA.......so SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!! :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am SO stoked. I haven't been this excited for Super Smash Bros. since Brawl. I'm so glad they can keep exciting us. <3

The Inklings look great too!
IanDenter

Post by IanDenter »

Well, time for me to buy a Switch then. From what I've heard, the new Pokemon game also looks great as well.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not to mention there's also going to be a new Pokémon game after that, which will be more like a traditional game!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

WOLF IS GONNA BE BACK IN SMASH. MAH BOI.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I just realized something regarding the new Smash Bros game. Early next year is Smash's 20th anniversary, so having every single character in Ultimate make perfect sense.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm also super excited they're doing the website again. Dojo was one of the highlights of my day when Brawl was coming out.