Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Haru Totetsu »

angelusbr wrote:I've never thought of that. While it is possible, I doubt the government will meddle with the kinect. But hackers certainly will try to. I pretty much gave up on home consoles ever since ps3/wii/xbox 360. They didn't attract me anymore. But I'm still a pc player and I like handhelds more than the home console.
Many of the xbox games come out for PC, maybe you should get one instead.
PC's are by far the most expensive, and will be out of date just as quick as a console. While updating them is possible it requires a decent enough income to do so. It also depends on how important gaming is to ones life style. While I am an avid gamer, I can do without them completely. They are a luxury, and one I can live without but choose to live with. A PC, is just as hackable as the XBOX One, so I'm not any better protected, unless I have a computer just for online shopping along with the knowhow to delete everything from the system, which isn't the end of it. Companies can keep your information for at least 10 years (in the UK at least) which includes everything that can not only ruin your financial life, but even cause you to get attacked physically if a hacker chooses to aid groups that would do so.

In the end, its all about money, and I don't have or make enough. To me its about the comfortability of gaming , not anything more. I prefer a controller not a mouse, and I don't want to have to install software to use one or edit settings for the game, possibly each game if I get a string that assign buttons differently. I play games for fun, not a challenge.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Sleet wrote:CCGs? My interest is piqued.
www.scrolls.com <-- right here! It's pretty fun, played it for a bit today and it's better than I thought it would be!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Duster

Post by Duster »

Guy's, there is a disturbance in the gaming force.

I believe we may finally be close to witnessing Kingdom Hearts 3! It's rumored (yes I know, hearsay) that Square Enix and Sony will reveal the 3rd edition of the Playstation series at this years E3.

I also have my doubts, but I am willing to believe.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Now that they're finally revealing a trailer for SSB4, I'm gonna need to get myself a WiiU.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm glad I already have one. I'm so excited!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Guess I'm gonna have to get one, if I wanna play with y'all.

Also, one of those red PS3s, 'cause red. (I have a red Wii and my mobile phone is also red.)

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Duster wrote:Guy's, there is a disturbance in the gaming force.

I believe we may finally be close to witnessing Kingdom Hearts 3! It's rumored (yes I know, hearsay) that Square Enix and Sony will reveal the 3rd edition of the Playstation series at this years E3.

Don't get your hopes up. Square Enix still has Final Fantasy 13 Versus to finish. Not to mention the rumored Kingdom Hearts 2.5 to come out soon. And then there's Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns coming out this November. They still got a lot of stuff to do.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Mobile games...dominant....I just fell off my chair laughing at such an idiotic speculation. That's like saying people that play only Solitair on their PC's will be awesome at a Call of Duty game on their first go...chances are they won't.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You never know, I thought I would suck at COD but it didn't stop me getting 5 MOAB's in a month. I am either very good or the rest of the Wii players are painfully bad.
If you have any of the games on Wii please PM me your friend codes, I am also in some YouTube Vids with my brother.

And I will certainly get SSB4
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

BAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy completely fails to take into account that

1) A new generation of consoles is nigh already; graphical improvements are astounding. It'll take awhile for tablets to catch up again.
2) Technology evolves on ALL sides, not just on tablets and phones.
AND
3) Tablet gaming... is CLUNKY. C. L. U. N. K. Y. Touchscreens are USELESS for gaming. There will still be a huge market for consoles, since many people grew up with them and are more familiar with their control setup.
Besides, can you imagine playing Forza by tilting the tablet and rocking it back and forth? Neither can I.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

But he also talked about being able to simply plug your phone into a TV and play using a regular controller. He never said that it would become exclusive for touch screen or anything else like that.

Personally, if all I had to do was plug my phone or a tablet into a TV and it would play exactly like an X-box or Playstation, I would game a lot more.

Well, I would actually game to begin with.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:BAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy completely fails to take into account that

1) A new generation of consoles is nigh already; graphical improvements are astounding. It'll take awhile for tablets to catch up again.
2) Technology evolves on ALL sides, not just on tablets and phones.
AND
3) Tablet gaming... is CLUNKY. C. L. U. N. K. Y. Touchscreens are USELESS for gaming. There will still be a huge market for consoles, since many people grew up with them and are more familiar with their control setup.
Besides, can you imagine playing Forza by tilting the tablet and rocking it back and forth? Neither can I.
Let's also take into account that that video came out this time last year.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Sooooo, Gunpoint anyone? (there's a demo at the bottom of the page)
I've been playing it and i have to say, it's a really solid game. I'm really enjoying the writing as well, so that's nice. pretty crazy that this thing is the guys first game.
and all of the art and music was obtained by the developer simply making open invitations to artists, and they auditioned for the spot. nice little example of an independent game, no?

what what? Jolly good time.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Angry Joe nailed on the reaction to the new xbox one news (it's on their official website, so nobody can tell we're making stuff up).
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Liam

Post by Liam »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Sooooo, Gunpoint anyone?
darn I wanted to bring this up A fun little puzzle-platformer with an awesome soundtrack.
Jimmy Jazz wrote:I'm really enjoying the writing as well, so that's nice.
"No, I've lost track of the plot after mission 2. I only want to get paid."
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Cube world will start having a paid alpha opening up soon, woo excited!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Tiggy wrote:Cube world will start having a paid alpha opening up soon, woo excited!
if you pay for the alpha version, you won't have to pay for the final product? If you do have to pay again to get the finished thing, then it's a jerk move from the company. People shouldn't charge for ALPHA games (which, if I'm not mistaken, is inferior to the beta version of it and, logically, has a ton of bugs and incomplete stuff).
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Minecraft didn't have those in its' alpha. Of course, I joined in its' last days and updates were rare back then but still
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

On the Pocket edition it is still rare to get updates. Alpha 0.7.1 and no Redstone! Why is it not here yet and why are they adding a paid system for online servers?! Customer loyalty doesn't account for much apparently. :x
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

angelusbr wrote:if you pay for the alpha version, you won't have to pay for the final product? If you do have to pay again to get the finished thing, then it's a jerk move from the company. People shouldn't charge for ALPHA games (which, if I'm not mistaken, is inferior to the beta version of it and, logically, has a ton of bugs and incomplete stuff).
Y'know dude... i see this as a pretty common worry on a lot of Alpha/Beta-funders and I'll tell you what. I have never seen any developer decide that the Alpha or Beta version is standalone. i think the first company/person to do such a thing on such a popular and followed game would drag out the Internets ire very easily.
and if this guy really is developing this game because he wants to, i highly, highly doubt he wants to make people play an inferior version of his game because of what time they bought at.
plus, if you don't want to deal with an incomplete version that may potentially have more bugs than the "final" release then don't buy. which is the main reason i don't buy that many alpha/beta games, i just don't want to deal with it. and would rather have my first experience with it be the polished and finished version the developer is happy with releasing.

/END_MINIRANT

what what? Jolly good time.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

angelusbr wrote:
Tiggy wrote:Cube world will start having a paid alpha opening up soon, woo excited!
if you pay for the alpha version, you won't have to pay for the final product? If you do have to pay again to get the finished thing, then it's a jerk move from the company. People shouldn't charge for ALPHA games (which, if I'm not mistaken, is inferior to the beta version of it and, logically, has a ton of bugs and incomplete stuff).
It says in the description that the updates are free, he is doing it minecraft-ish style where it gets more expensive as it gets updated and enters beta/when the game is released, I think! Also it's not a company just one guy and his wife I believe
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
angelusbr wrote:if you pay for the alpha version, you won't have to pay for the final product? If you do have to pay again to get the finished thing, then it's a jerk move from the company. People shouldn't charge for ALPHA games (which, if I'm not mistaken, is inferior to the beta version of it and, logically, has a ton of bugs and incomplete stuff).
Y'know dude... i see this as a pretty common worry on a lot of Alpha/Beta-funders and I'll tell you what. I have never seen any developer decide that the Alpha or Beta version is standalone. i think the first company/person to do such a thing on such a popular and followed game would drag out the Internets ire very easily.
and if this guy really is developing this game because he wants to, i highly, highly doubt he wants to make people play an inferior version of his game because of what time they bought at.
plus, if you don't want to deal with an incomplete version that may potentially have more bugs than the "final" release then don't buy. which is the main reason i don't buy that many alpha/beta games, i just don't want to deal with it. and would rather have my first experience with it be the polished and finished version the developer is happy with releasing.

/END_MINIRANT
There had been some games to release horrible alpha versions of it and as expected it brought the wrath of many people.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Surely some among you must play Monster Hunter:U ;D
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ya know I did consider getting that but never found a objective review of the game, what's if like?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Ya know I did consider getting that but never found a objective review of the game, what's if like?
You hunt lots of monsters, big and small, kill them, then make better weapons from them and go hunt more monsters.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I couldn't have said it better myself, Foxstar
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Whelp Sony just completely destroyed Microsoft at E3. Its over Sony won, heck they completely dominated. Heck the whole thing could have just been Show KH3 and FFXV "No online check in, able to play used games and $399" and they still would have won.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

But no, they pretty much organized it so well that it actually interested me in the best way possible. Oh my gooosh.

I'm going to be poor by the end of this year <3
Duster

Post by Duster »

ShadowLightning wrote:
Duster wrote:Guy's, there is a disturbance in the gaming force.

Don't get your hopes up. Square Enix still has Final Fantasy 13 Versus to finish. Not to mention the rumored Kingdom Hearts 2.5 to come out soon. And then there's Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns coming out this November. They still got a lot of stuff to do.
KH3 is being released for PS4! YES,I didn't get my hopes up! Ermagerd guys, i'm buying a playstation.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The PS4 definitely looks like the console to buy (seeing as I already have a Wii U) if I ever decide to get another one. It's good my decision is pretty easy to make!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I just heard that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is now being renamed into Final Fantasy XV. And they're both going to be released for the PS3 and PS4.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I wouldn't be surprised if Final Fantasy Verses XIII is held back for another year(if not, let's hope it doesn't become like Duke Nukem Forever).
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Granted, I don't want to buy anymore consoles since I waste too much time playing games anyway. But PS4 with Kingdom Hearts 3 would be the sole exception =P

Luckily, I will consider buying it for my brother and not me =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hope they push it back. I want it but I also don't want to get a PS4 right away.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Yay, Megaman in Super Smash Bros. 4! :D (Which looks fantastic. Now I got a reason to buy the Wii U :) )

Otherwise, the Nintendo direct show didn't impressed me much... Super Mario 3D World, Mariokart 8, Donkey Kong and Zelda: Windwaker HD look nice but... I missed the wow-effect... and I hoped to see a new zelda or the secret project of the Retro Studios... :|

What do you think?
Last edited by Hukley on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

I'm really hyped about these Nintendo games. Smash Bros looks incredible. Mario kart looks great too. X and Y comes out just before my birthday. This couldn't get any better. I just need a Wii U now. xD
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
McFly

Post by McFly »

Speaking of X and Y, they just introduced a new type called Fairy-type, which is gonna be super effective against Dragon-types.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Smash reveal was the only good thing about Nintendo Direct really. Everything else was already known about except for the Donkey Kong game I think. But I will be getting a Wii U once Smash is closer to release for sure. Sony still dominated E3 this year, will likely preorder the PS4 pretty soon.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

McFly wrote:Speaking of X and Y, they just introduced a new type called Fairy-type, which is gonna be super effective against Dragon-types.
Attachments
My thoughts at this time.
My thoughts at this time.
image.jpg (21.34 KiB) Viewed 40769 times