Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Blue Fox

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by The Blue Fox »

Foxstar wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:It has a sequel. It's called Okamiden.
Wait, I thought that was a prequel, showing young ammy?
No. It's her child.
I'm not convinced...I'm absolutely POSITIVE I watched a TV show about gaming that reviewed it or something once and said it was a prequel about young ammy's life...

...I'm Googling this...right now...

Wikipedia wrote:Ōkamiden, known as Ōkamiden: Chiisaki Taiyō (大神伝~小さき太陽~?, lit. Ōkami Chronicles: Tiny Sun) in Japan, is an action-adventure video game published by Capcom for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. It is an indirect sequel to the PlayStation 2 and Wii title Ōkami.
...huh. Well, EFF me. :?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Having friends to play with is what makes Terraria good. Otherwise it's a fairly average Metroidvania.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Decided to snag Tales of Vesperia for five bucks on XBLA before the sale ended. Might start playing it whenever I finish Xillia, which I've been taking my time with. Great game, though so far, I think I might have preferred Graces. That may change, though. I'm at the end of chapter 2 and from what I'm hearing, the story hasn't kicked into full gear yet.
*cough*
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Anyone that knows if theres some site that lists status on recoding old PSX games to PS3? I bought Resident Evil 1-3 and Final Fantasy VII but a game I really want to play on my PS3 is the PSX classics Vandal Hearts (the first one, the second game/prequel is available but that one is really bad) and Xenogears.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

thought you guy's might be interested in knowing that the Nintendo 3DS eShop is offering Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition for free from now until 11:59 PM pacific time on the 2nd
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I checked the shop but didn't see it. It was very disappointing for me...
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

apparently it's only in the US eShop, sorry
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Now why is it the UK never gets anything from Japan? :lol:
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I started playing Tales of the Abyss today. It's a good game, but the battle system is a little difficult.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

I'll play some Terraria with someone if you want :P
Add my steam, KorTheCat. Also, anyone play The Stanley Parable or Awesomenauts? They aren't really well know, but I thought it'd be cool if someone played them.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here played Nightmare Ned?
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Day dreaming Davey!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, I decided to do a podcast about Game Informer's review on "Evolve"
Here is the link to go check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0aMQCoUnI
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Going old school with Final Fantasy IX.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ooh, Blizzard's Hearthstone just launched open beta. I think I'll give it a shot. :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing the Bravely Default demo in preparation for the game coming out Friday.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm honestly more excited about the show since I never really watched any of the old ones, but I'll probably get the 3DS version of the game.

still good to see sega and nintendo working together after sega fell out of the console wars.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

One of the old shows was cool! I'm not optimistic about the new show or games but I hope at least one of them is good!

Tails' redesign is cute, and I don't mind Sonic's and Amy's. Still undecided on Knuckles.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention. Grinding to level 100 so I can beat the final boss easily. Then grinding more to do post-game stuff.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

What happened to Knuckles! he's more like "Muscles" now. I'm not sure if it's cool, or stupid.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

MrNeonShot wrote:What happened to Knuckles! he's more like "Muscles" now. I'm not sure if it's cool, or stupid.
I think it just looks really awkward. The other designs themselves are okay, but those game character models don't look very good. Hopefully it's just a WIP.

At first I was like "NO GOD PLEASE NO" about the whole thing (there was a rumor floating around that this was going to be a franchise-wide reboot of some sort), but since this is just a side continuity, I'll see if I can get behind it for what it is. At the very least, it seems like the people involved really care about it. It's just...the game...I don't know, something about a more combat-oriented Sonic game doesn't sit well with me. They half-tried that with Sonic Heroes and it didn't work out very well imo, though this is at least going for a different approach than that. Show seems pretty "eh" to me, too, based on the trailer, but my impressions could change on this stuff later on.
*cough*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*realizes he's playing too many MMOs lately.* ... *goes to get Kingdom Hearts 3DS*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Since I can't get Bravely Default, and I got all that money sitting on the eShop that I can't really get a refund for, I decided to buy and play Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

MrNeonShot wrote:What happened to Knuckles! he's more like "Muscles" now. I'm not sure if it's cool, or stupid.
I know right? Like, the others look pretty good, Sonic looks kinda weird with the bandana to me for some reason but whatever, and Tails looks kinda neat now, Amy looks new which is welcome, but wow Knuckles, he has become Steroids. I think we need to sit with him and have a talk

However, on a good note, it is being made by mostly former Naughty Dog people, ya know, those people who made Crash Bandicoot, so yay :D
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Knuckles may look kinda weird, but it at least makes sense that a guy that strong doesn't look scrawny like the others.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Knuckles is supposed to glide, not hulk smash.
I liked scrawny knuckles.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Sonic Boom: Guile from Street Fighter should like this element. :P The characters have a curious mature-like restyling, that seem to fit the new world (it seems to have some steampunk recall...). A lot discuting the Knuckles restyling, looks like he took steroids, but maybe here he'll be used more for his strength. I stick with the old-style and modern-style characters looks, however.
All looks an attempt to re-launch the Sonic franchise and catch the younger players. Will it work? It's pretty evident the another agreement done with Nintendo, as exclusive for its consoles. Sega doesn't want to look at the sales numbers with this limit...
The Grey Wolverine wrote:However, on a good note, it is being made by mostly former Naughty Dog people, ya know, those people who made Crash Bandicoot, so yay :D
Big Red Button Entertainment is the developer of the Wii U version. Good for the quality expectation of the game, but maybe this could give it a kind of platform gameplay unusual to the series. However, it's still a spin-off of the main Sonic the Hedgehog series, developed by Sonic Team in Japan, which will go ahead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Cesco wrote:maybe here he'll be used more for his strength.
Pretty sure Knuckles has been used for his strength for a while now. Back in Sonic Heroes he was the power character on the team with sonic as the speed character and Tails as the flying character.

but I agree that his character design looks awkward, they could have found another way to convey "strong" without making him so big. or at least kept the same design and made it slightly bigger
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

MrNeonShot wrote:Knuckles is supposed to glide, not hulk smash.
I liked scrawny knuckles.
He's so centered on punching that his name is Knuckles.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

In Sonic Heroes, he would punch everything and throw Sonic and Tails.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Or punch things WITH sonic and tails! :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

The bandages on feet and hands give something particular (despite stereotyped too) to the characters (also, may seems that they got hurted), but they couldn't be comfortable. :lol: Also, impressive the high number of fan arts already done. :D
hypernovatic wrote:In Sonic Heroes, he would punch everything and throw Sonic and Tails.
I remember to have tried the demo of this chapter, and about Knuckles, I remember his ability to climb walls.

I've always liked the Sonic universe and characters style, but I've got to play and complete only Sonic Generations, unfortunately. Beautiful one.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Cesco wrote:I've always liked the Sonic universe and characters style, but I've got to play and complete only Sonic Generations, unfortunately. Beautiful one.
Generations is phenomenal, probably my favorite. The other ones I'd recommend without reservation are Colors and the original Genesis series. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are still really good, but you have to get past some aging conventions. Lost World is one of those "love it or hate it" sort of games. The rest are...rather deeply flawed, and that's kind of being nice. Being a Sonic fan is a rather turbulent ride, but hopefully that will even out soon. Lost World wasn't entirely a step in the right direction, but it had a handful of really awesome ideas, some of which actually worked out quite well, so I dunno. Boom is growing on me a lot, anyway, and you can tell the developers really want it to be a great game.
*cough*
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My friend got a shiny Rayquaza and a shiny Latios with 6 perfect IVs for two Skuntanks.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

My brother has got six shiny eevee's for various common bugs and lillipups... I thought people valued shinies? :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing some Devil Survivor Overclocked. Enjoying the voice acting.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I don't play video games whatsoever, but after finding this I really want to now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGzY-cZIvO0

This is a fan made video game called "Terrordrome". It is a fighting game using characters from different horror films! This game play clip has Herbert West from "Re-Animator", Ash from "Evil Dead" and "Army of Darkness", Candyman, Chucky, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Micheal Myers, and Ghostface from "Scream". It also has Pumpkinhead, Leatherface, Maniac Cop and The Tall Man from "Phantasm" as playable characters.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

So much grinding to be done in Disgaea 3. Should probably get back to Okami, Okamiden, and Ni No Kuni.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I don't think anyone has experienced true euphoria until they have beaten Syobon Action (better known as Cat Mario) at least once. It's such a relief to know that you did it, even though you usually lose a few hundred cats along the way. |D
If you want my number, it's #804080.