Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

InDaZone1219

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Less weird when an elf turns into a werewolf.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Cats are closer to wolves than humans!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sleet wrote:Cats are closer to wolves than humans!
True - but think about what it would do to the cat's psyche. :P
Come to think of it - that'd make for a pretty cool arc: A cat turning into a dog (not in the way Joey turns into a cat :roll: - though that could be pretty interesting too. There aren't any really nerdy cats that I can think of - aside from Grape with her fanfics. :P )
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

My brother let me play skyrim once. I created a character and made it my quest to slaughter everything in the game. After 2-3 hours he just told me that I wasn't even close to killing 1% of the game's characters.

That's when you know the game world is too big.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I had a huge bounty in 3 of the huge towns at once before. Plus I blocked the sun out a couple times. :lol:
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I loved Skyrim. I hope to get back into it someday with a decent computer.

I played it on the PS3 and had my Khajeet marry a Argonian woman. Was the funniest and cutest thing I ever roleplayed myself into outside of Ultima considering how Khajeet and Argonians view themselves. on the PC, I plan on doing it again, but plan on trying a male Argonian thief. I will still marry a Argonian woman. X3

This game's Viking theme is the best.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I play skyrim a lot. one thing that I did while learning the controls was moving an apple. I was used to oblivion's controls. and when I went to drop the apple i took it instead. The shop keep didn't seem to like that. as he hunted me with a sword across town.
for an apple my friends.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm currently playing Diablo 3 on my PS4. I need more folks to play with!
Douglas Collier

There's a fun game in the App Store called "Crossy Road"; it's like a cross between Frogger and Minecraft. It's also free and not a rip-off. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

If anyone here likes Indie games or Survival games, I'd recommend "The Long Dark." It's a winter survival game set somewhere in Canada. It's currently in Alpha but it's a pretty good game none-the-less. It is on Steam.
http://intothelongdark.com/
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth comes out tomorrow. Much hype.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Anyone else anticipating the release of Xenoblade X next year? I know I am. :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My friend's recommendation and Super Smash Bros. have me a bit more interested in Xenoblade than I previously was. Dunno if I'll buy it though.

I think the next game I'm committed to buying is Yoshi's Woolly World. It's so cute!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

*runs in panting*

Guys!... Guys!... Guys!....

Dust an Elysian Tale is on steam sale for 3 bucks until December the second!

*pants*
Just an Arc
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nice! That game is totally worth it at that price. It's a fun, unpolished game. Exactly the kind of thing you pay 3 dollars for.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

When not on sale it's 15 bucks...

I mean it's a nice game,
but I wouldn't pay 15 bucks for it.

Maybe 7.50 on a good week.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

I bought it a while back and haven't finished it. It gets a bit dull honestly in the middle. Story gets slow and it puts you on a path to doing side quests for a bit.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There's not much story anyway. That's not why you play it. Most of it is in the end anyway.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

For 20 dollars, I got three games yesterday. Granted they were used games, but now I have the full resistance trilogy, and xcom
RP Characters:
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Lots of good Playstation news this weekend so far.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Like what fox?
RP Characters:
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Foxstar wrote:Lots of good Playstation news this weekend so far.

*Praying for Ridge Racer 8 intensifies*
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Have you guys heard about the game "Hatred." It's getting loads of bad rep about it for reasons evident in the trailer.
Fair Warning: This trailer is most definitely not safe for work, which is why I am not linking to it. It's not as gore-splattering as Gears of War and the like. But it's base is a lot more real.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Don't know what's worse, content so monotonously hyperrealistically violent, nihilistic and grimdark only pathological psychopaths could enjoy playing, or the carefully calculated, cynical marketing campaign of its devs that seeks to manufacture controversy to achieve maximum media exposure in order to sell their garbage game nobody is interested in playing anyway. They even called Valve's decision "censorship", as if that company is suddenly a national government, and have the gall to try to win sympathy points by whining about how they only want to make games that are "fun to play" but the evil PC police don't let them, etc. If it's "fun to play", then why had they to fabricate interest by playing little victim of big oppression?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Douglas Collier

I was introduced to a game in the App Store called Werewolf Tycoon - basically you see how many people you can eat in a park without getting caught. XD
I think it's pretty fun game - and it's free.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Liam wrote:Don't know what's worse, content so monotonously hyperrealistically violent, nihilistic and grimdark only pathological psychopaths could enjoy playing, or the carefully calculated, cynical marketing campaign of its devs that seeks to manufacture controversy to achieve maximum media exposure in order to sell their garbage game nobody is interested in playing anyway. They even called Valve's decision "censorship", as if that company is suddenly a national government, and have the gall to try to win sympathy points by whining about how they only want to make games that are "fun to play" but the evil PC police don't let them, etc. If it's "fun to play", then why had they to fabricate interest by playing little victim of big oppression?
It's like the fake controversy EA made for Dante's Inferno. *gags*
Liam

Post by Liam »

Dunno, I didn't follow that one spectacle back in the day. Just saw some coverage of DI on TV, thought that it looked like rubbish and ignored it.

But I strongly suspect this is worse. Now, in the post-Gamergate period, we have a polarized, vocal force in the form of angry 4chan/8chan kiddies, anti-feminist knuckledraggers and pretty much the entire spectrum of loud, dumb barbarians who want to turn the clock back to the darkest Middle Ages who've banded together in one massive, screaming stampede that rolls over its victims like an avalanche and leaves only scorched earth in its wake.

Of course most of them are to dim to realize they've been coopted by Hatred's devs as an army of drooling minions in their self-admitted and utterly brainless attempt to quote unquote "show them SJWs what's what", so their energies can be put to *cough* "good" use in garnering free publicity.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.jpg, etc.

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it should feel like a slap in the face for every gamer that our source of joy has been tainted by something so friggin' horrible.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah, and I'm still reeling from the eight year olds I hear on Call of Duty. I liked the days of simpler games, non-fussed audiences and multiplayer where every victory didn't cause at least one side to start swearing uncontrollably.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Douglas Collier

This is the game they need to make. ;)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m6C0ARG9pFc
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Douglas Collier wrote:This is the game they need to make. ;)
AH HAHAHA!
"Hey, these baby seals aren't gonna kill themselves!"
Sounds worse than Borderlands xD

So one of the only reasons I'll buy a next gen console is to play this game here.
No Man's Sky looks amazing! Its said that in order to visit each planet in game for one second, it'd take over a million years to see them all.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:This is the game they need to make. ;)
AH HAHAHA!
"Hey, these baby seals aren't gonna kill themselves!"
Sounds worse than Borderlands xD

So one of the only reasons I'll buy a next gen console is to play this game here.
No Man's Sky looks amazing! Its said that in order to visit each planet in game for one second, it'd take over a million years to see them all.
With each planet being unique.

I will be getting a ps4 for no mans sky and uncharted 4
RP Characters:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyuunado wrote:Yeah, and I'm still reeling from the eight year olds I hear on Call of Duty. I liked the days of simpler games, non-fussed audiences and multiplayer where every victory didn't cause at least one side to start swearing uncontrollably.
Nintendo does it right. Who needs voice chat? :P

Penny Arcade did a good comic on this. I'm not linking to it.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Kyuunado wrote:Yeah, and I'm still reeling from the eight year olds I hear on Call of Duty. I liked the days of simpler games, non-fussed audiences and multiplayer where every victory didn't cause at least one side to start swearing uncontrollably.
Intense Smash Bros. Matches, anyone?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

So much game juggling. Persona Q, SMT IV, Omega Ruby, Danganronpa 2, Tales of Xillia 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2.5. At least I have a bit of diversity though! :)
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

longest night lost constellation

http://finji.itch.io/lost-constellation

A night in the woods supplemental game that tells of a ghost story ;3

the game makers said there's no spoilers about the main game in this game.

Give it a try its free :3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Whew. Where to begin:

christmas was the best. I been busy playing games with both my family and christmas gift from my relatives. However, i'm starting to feel the burnout effect for once. I got a buttload of good quality games such as Kingdom Hearts 2.5, Stick of Truth, Overlord, Baldur's Gate (the ORIGINAL!), Back to the Future and Counterstrike - global offense (bleh), but been playing Star Wars - The Old Republic online with their new revamped system. Even if you don't play MMOS, it's a well invested game for the first time. Couple that with my new CTO computer with a GeForce GTX 970 card and stand-alone driver for gaming, it's THE best computer i ever had. Putting all my dollars on it from now on.

In other news, i'm starting to slow down on the MMOs in favor for what i hope is one of the interesting Zombie Apocalypse games. I saw previews of H1Z1 lately, and the game is looking and sounding like Dayz... except with endless players and base building. Chances are, the game might not be the most light-hearted (you can steal from other players), but if I could build a base in this game from the looks of things, this could be a very interesting game. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Deske

Post by Deske »

GameCobra wrote:GeForce GTX 970
Jealousy flows through my veins like blood.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Added Keroro RPG and Bowser's Inside Story to my list of games to juggle around and play.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I need to compile a list of games to play. But mostly, I need to install my Skyrim mods. I'm so reluctant to do so because I have to resort them all so they don't conflict.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I finally got Catherine a few weeks ago and that game is really great. Its gets hard at around the 5th night though and I have not progressed at all.

Also I am stocked for the next set of amiibos. I'm gonna pick up Bowser, Sonic, and Dedede at gamestop cause with power up rewards I can make each one cost about 2 dollars. The only problem is Lucario who is exclusive to Toys R Us and that requires driving.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!