Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

Billy Hatcher was supposed to be an answer to Pokémon? I just assumed it was a cute, quirky platformer.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I honestly don't know, but you fight with little pets! It reminds me of pokemon.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Never got the chance to play Billy Hatcher. I remember the course themed after the game looked cool in Sonic Transformed. And speaking of games competing with Pokémon, one game I'm kind of disappointed didn't go anywhere was Jade Cocoon. It had a nice dark storyline, an interesting battle system, and good artwork that I believe was done by Miyazaki.

As for my current game, I'm still working on FFX; slowly, but still working on it. Actually fighting the Chocobo Eater at the moment. I've been trying for years to knock him off the cliff, but I've never been able to. Anybody here ever succeed in doing that?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I actually went back and played Billy Hatcher not that long ago. I found it used at a store for cheap. It wasn't stellar but I definitely enjoyed myself.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Dawn of The New World alongside the original Tales of Symphonia. :p
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Played GTA V all night tonight. Started at the beginning, and I've gotten all the way to the start of Trevor's storyline. However, playing so long was not a great idea, given that today is a school day. But I'd say it was entirely worth the lack of sleep and misery I'm likely to experience in the next 9 hours. I'm failing to find the "magic" in Liberty City- I may just continue playing GTA V and leave GTA IV for some other time.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sitting in class playing Lufia and the Fortress of Doom. :p
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, how many Tales of symphonia games have you played so far?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

MrNeonShot wrote:So, how many Tales of symphonia games have you played so far?
You mean how many Tales games I've played so far? If so, all but 3. Tales of Destiny PS2, Tales of Legendia and Tales of Hearts R.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Just installed Age of Conan, I'm gonna check how it's like, but I am quite optimistic.

On unrelated, yet exciting news, hear this out, guys: Dungeons and Dragons' Neverwinter Online has announced, just today, a brand new playable race! Yes, you guessed it: Dragons! Check out the announcement on their official Youtube channel!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Just finished playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney today. It's a good game, though I was kind of expecting it to have more cases. I still haven't played the last one yet (the one after "Turnabout Goodbyes").
Did anyone else cry a little when Maya left? I kind of did...
Megamaster wrote:Sitting in class playing Lufia and the Fortress of Doom. :p
Ooh! I loved that game! :) It's one of my childhood favorite games. I loved the story and battle system.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Bravely Default. Upgrading shops and junk.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

What are your thoughts about facebook purchasing Oculus?
Personally, I don't care. It means that Rift is going to be even more affordable.
ShadowLightning wrote:Just finished playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney today. It's a good game, though I was kind of expecting it to have more cases. I still haven't played the last one yet (the one after "Turnabout Goodbyes").
Did anyone else cry a little when Maya left? I kind of did...
Spoilers, dude.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Okay, I've been playing some MTG 2013, and I have a question. I know there's a MTG thread, and I know you can search it on the net. But I don't feel like necro-ing an old thread, and I wanna ask some experts first-hand, respectively.

What does 'scry' mean? And how do you play the Planeswalker match IRL? Do you buy your own Planes cards and make a deck, or is it pre-constructed? And how do you use a Planeswalker card?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I haven't played MTG in a long time and the only one I can really answer is how to use a Planeswalker.
Okay, so a Planeswalker usually has one plus ability and two minus abilities. It starts out with a number at the bottom right corner. Each turn you can use any of its abilities if the number on the corner allows you. Say the number is 2. And I have a +1 ability, a -2 and a -5. I can use the +1 to add 1 to the bottom number and I also do the action for it. The opponent can attack your Planeswalker as well, but you can block the attack with other creatures. If its number reaches 0, its dead.
And as far as I know that's everything.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
drebin896

Post by drebin896 »

All i've been playong is dark souls 2, to sum it up i have cursed more in 4 hours than the last 2 weks put together.
It is better to apply time to a broad range of theories, than to regards all others disciplines as inconsequential.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Debating whether I should get FFX/X-2 HD Remaster for Vita or Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc....
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Think I mentioned this back then, but I also played Lufia last year for the shere purpose of trying to find all the might gear. That stuff is just overpowered as heck =P

Got a warm, fuzzy feeling beating it again afterwards.

Beat Borderlands 2, now I'm moving onto the Wizardry series that my family got me. This is going to take a long while. luckily it's only 6,7 and 8... Wish me luck!

I'll be playing with everyone on steam more at least, since I can't possibly beat Wizardry in one, long sitting. =P

EDIT: Scratch that. seems Wizardry was a bad idea, considering how unworldly long Wizardry can be. But these are so old i'm worried about them dying.

Time to switch my taste to The Sims 3. My goal? Make 10 Generations in my family! (Already on 2)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

kurowolfe wrote:Okay, I've been playing some MTG 2013, and I have a question. I know there's a MTG thread, and I know you can search it on the net. But I don't feel like necro-ing an old thread, and I wanna ask some experts first-hand, respectively.

What does 'scry' mean? And how do you play the Planeswalker match IRL? Do you buy your own Planes cards and make a deck, or is it pre-constructed? And how do you use a Planeswalker card?
"Scry X" means "look at the top X cards of your library. You may put any number of them on the bottom of your library in any order, and the rest on top in any order." It's really useful and it helps make sure you draw the cards you wanna draw. :3

Are you referring to Planechase? The plane cards exist in physical forms. There are preconstructed decks you can buy that come with several oversized plane cards. And, of course, you can buy them individually from sellers.

Planeswalkers enter the battlefield with loyalty counters on them equal to the number in the bottom-right corner. During your turn, any time you could cast a sorcery, you may use one of the planeswalker's 3 abilities (only one per turn, though). The number on the left is the loyalty cost of the ability. -2, for instance, means you need to remove 2 loyalty counters to use it. +1 means you need to add a loyalty counter to use it. You can't use an ability if the cost involves taking off more counters than you have. Additionally, planeswalkers can be attacked just like players. Their controller's creatures can block just like they can for the player, though. Planeswalkers can also be affected by direct damage spells that can hit players. When a planeswalker takes damage, it loses that many loyalty counters. When its loyalty goes to 0, it goes to the graveyard. Additionally, if you control two or more planeswalkers of the same subtype (basically, two ones representing the same person), you must put all of them but 1 in the graveyard, just like with legendary creatures.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Why is Magic the Gathering so popular? It confuses me so much.

On Topic: Been playing more Bravely Default and Digimon Adventure. :P
SuperStar

Super Smash Bros. Direct!

Post by SuperStar »

Masahiro Sakurai just confirmed a Nintedo Direct featuring the new Smash Bros. to be shown in just 5 days! It's gonna be awesome! Please discuss what you;d like to see, and what you think we'll see!
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Having finally acheived aquiring a Platinum Trophy in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I have now moved on to play a bit of InFamous 1, going after all the trophies in that. Shouldn't be too difficult since it's all campaign.
Once I Platinum Trophy InFamous 1, I'll go right on to Infamous 2 and do the same again.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Megamaster wrote:Why is Magic the Gathering so popular? It confuses me so much.
Because it's really fun, it's social, and it's also addicting. If you have any interest in being confused less, Duels of the Planeswalkers on Steam is a great introduction.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Also, from what I've noticed studding the creatures (kidding :p) a lot of people do have fun trying to figure out what works with what, and building decks, it's interesting to me to see how people try and improve their decks and playstyle
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Cool! Thanks Hyper, Sleet! Though so far I've only seen one card with Scry 3 on it, so I guess it's not a big thing in the DotP 2013. I might be planning to get the 2014 one when there's a sale on Steam, but people are generally negative on it. What do you guys think? And is MTGO any better?

A little trivia: the reason why I even remember playing MTG in the first place is this card, Cartographer. I've always thought the lady mapper looked awesome with all the scattered maps around, and its design was the only one I remembered from my high school days xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Most of the time scry comes in the form of scry 1, which just amounts to looking at the top card and having the option to put it on bottom. Scry is not what you call an "evergreen mechanic," which refers to mechanics (like flying, vigilance, etc.) that can show up in any expansion. It is, however, one that has come back multiple times due to its popularity and flexibility. The sets that are coming out now, the Theros block, are the fourth time scry has been used, which is a lot for a non-evergreen mechanic. So in a game like DotP, which takes cards from all periods of Magic, you're not going to see a ton of scry.

Most of the response I've seen to Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 has been positive. I, personally, loved it.

MTGO is a different animal entirely. Whereas DotP seeks to streamline Magic and make it intuitive and clean, plus giving you access to AI to play against, MTGO is basically full Magic. Rather than having access to limited decks and stuff, MTGO has (almost) every card and you build custom decks and can compete just like regular Magic. On the flip side, it's much less user-friendly and the interface is infamous for being pretty bad and ancient. One is not "better" than the other, but they serve different purposes.

Ooh, that's really cool art. I don't recall ever seeing that card! I like it.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

You guys might as well bump the magic topic, with all you've had to say and move the posts into it.

Anyway I beat Steamworld Dig and now am playing Mercenary Kings.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Project Morpheus or Oculus Rift?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Now wondering, are there beat 'em up games players here? I've always liked this genre, I'm moderately good at them using the gamepad as controller. On PC there isn't a lot of recent one, I've loved Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter X Tekken and Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition, great funny gameplay for all, technical too.
About furry ones, I know the Fury Roar series and this one, a fan MUGEN remake of a NES game.
I report you of a cool beat 'em up game that all manga and anime fans should have: J-Stars Victory VS. It's a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita exclusive and unfortunately it's a Japan only release, for now.

Concerning graphic adventures, I've got and started Gray Matter. I'm deciding about 15 Days and A New Beginning. For the moment, I renounce to the Secret Files series because of its hard reperibility and because the third one is enterely in English language.
MrNeonShot wrote:Project Morpheus or Oculus Rift?
I choose Oculus Rift, because it's for PC, for first. I like this project, hopefully the recent acquisition won't change its plans, rather it could give more chances. I would try one of these VR visors, but I wouldn't buy one.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm going to get a Rift sometime. Not only does it have cool games, but it also has VR Cinema. Best way to watch movies at home. If only they could combine Netflix!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

So I played Sonic Advance on my Gameboy just now. Am I the only one here that thinks this is waaay harder than expected? The only Sonic game I've played before was Sonic Rivals 2 and Sonic Battle.

Anyways, I'm in the mood for something scary. Does anyone know any good horror games? (Preferably for the PS2?)
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah Advance two is easier I think, and Advance three is hardest due to the who team thing and dependence on a second character. Orvmaybe I'm just bad at it, who knows?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Yeah, I thought that Advance 1 was harder than I used to think it was.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

ShadowLightning wrote:Anyways, I'm in the mood for something scary. Does anyone know any good horror games? (Preferably for the PS2?)

I'm not a horror kind of guy, but I've heard good things about Silent Hill 2 and Fatal Frame. If you go a little bit forward in the console generations, to the PS3, there's Siren: Blood Curse and The Last of Us.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm not sure anyone has seen this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL_RoZVPxko

Apparently it's done in the style of Rareware N64 games like the Banjo Kazooie games and Donkey Kong 64, and from what I've seen, it looks promising.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Much Ys Memories of Celceta. Such wow. Very amazing.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Huh. That game looks rough, but if they pull it off I'd be interested! Love me some classic N64 platformers.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Ah, Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3, how I missed you so.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Man! That Nintendo Direct, was AWE-SOme!
Really! Everything is awesome, with it!
I wasn't expecting Greninja, but he's still awesome! Ninja Frogs FTW!!!

I can't wait to get Super Smash Bros. For Wii U!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I wasn't expecting to see Greninja. I did anticipate mega evolutions and the removal of jigglypuff though. :lol:
Glad to see Fox hasn't changed much.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+