What Species Are Your Fursonas/OCs?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

What Species Are Your Fursonas/OCs?

Post by Douglas Collier »

So a lot of people in this forum have fursonas or OCs. This thread is to help clarify for everyone what species/breeds y'all's characters are. Please specify whether the characters you are describing are fursonas - characters meant to represent you - or OCs - characters that aren't meant to represent you (this can include developed characters in a story). If you have multiple fursonas, please specify which one is your main - the one you use most often or identify closest with. You can post about "shelved" (unused for a while) characters as well - I've posted a few of mine as an example. If you want to go into detail about their coats, eye colors, and other physical characteristics, feel free (especially with fantasy creatures). Also feel free to post links or pictures of your characters if you wish.

Douglas Collier (main fursona) - fawn and white Pembroke Welsh Corgi with blue eyes

Dogboy (fursona) - dirty blond/brown European/North American werewolf hybrid with blue eyes

Tegu (inactive fursona) - were-addax with blue eyes and some brown accents on "wrists", nose, and hocks; brown tail

Shule Swiftwing (inactive fursona) - semi-anthropomorphic forest green European dragon with light yellowish belly and wings; gold-speckled blue eyes; has paralyzing venom and antivenom with healing and pain-relieving properties.

-----

Here's a list of our forumites and their fursonas and OCs by species and breed (or physical appearance if a fictional creature). I'll keep these as up-you-date as I can.

F = Feral/Animal form
A = Anthro form
H = Human form (for our weres and humans out there)
a = Alternate forms (for morphers who can change into other species besides human)

Primary Fursonas

Ailurids

Red Pandas
• Iron Panda
• Punchy

Canines

Dogs
• Amazee Dayzee - Boxer / Samoyed / Pekingese mix (A)
• Czukay - Tamaskan (A)
• D3ath_0ps - German Shepherd / Husky Mix (A)
• Douglas Collier - Pembroke Corgi (A)
• dtlux - (a)
• HoundInATree - Weimaraner (A)
• Kitch - Rottweiler (A)
• RandomGeekNamedBrent - Anatolian Shepherd (H, A, F, a)
• Saturn381 - Alaskan Malamute (A)
Wolves
• Deske - blue and white wolf (A, F)
• InDaZone1219 - radioactive wolf (A)
• Stan Collier - North American werewolf (H, A, F)
• Zavryn - green wolf (A, F)
Dingoes
• Render (A)
Foxes
• Foxyfluff - red fox
• Kitela - red fox (A)
• SergeiTheFox - red fox (A)
• Sleet - arctic fox (A)
Trans-species Hybrids/Other
• ShadowLightning - folf (A)

Chiropterans

Fruit Bats
• dryideabat (F)

Extraterrestrials

Sulenxi
• Spargo - Mesenlan sulenx (A)

Felines

Big Cats
• Buster - Panther (A)
Cats
• Cesco - Maine Coon (A)
• GameCobra - green cat
• GreatKitsune - white cat (A)
• hypernovatic - Turkish Angora (A, a)
• JonnyNova - mostly black cat (A)
• SuperStar - Khao Manee (A)

Marsupials

Kangaroos
• Bucky-Roo - red kangaroo (A)
Quolls
• Hlaoroo - Eastern quoll (A/F)

Mustelids

Ferrets
• Civilization - (A)
Otters
• kurowolfe - Asian small-clawed otter (A)

Mythological / Fantastical Creatures

Trans-species Hybrids/Other
• snappyfox - angel / fox / dragon hybrid (A)

Inflatables

Pool Toys
• aBritishfox - folf (A)

Procyonids

Raccoons
• ds-al-coda - Californian raccoon (A)

Sciurids

Squirrels
• Whozjama - Prevost's squirrel (A)

Spirit Animals

Arthropods
• The-J-Man - Centipede (A, F, a)

Original Characters

Amazee Dayzee
The Winds of Change
• Elena: Dog - Boxer / Samoyed / Pekingese Mix (A)

Czukay
Canine Agents
• Alistair "Burke" Berkeley: Cat - American Shorthair (A)
• Winston Suzuki: Dog - Pug (A)

D3ath_0ps
Housepets! Home Stories
• Sparks Carlson: Dog - German Shepherd/Husky Mix (A)

If you're not on this list but want to be, post the most specific information you can about your primary fursona's or OCs' species, form(s) (I'll assume anthropomorphic if not specified), and breed (or physical description if a fantastical creature).
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:59 am, edited 121 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: What Species Are Your Fursonas/OCs?

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

mine is a shapeshifting human with various forms, including, squirrel, fox, wolf, pikachu, dragon, cat, rabbit, panda, sloth, and various others.
but I tend to default to dog form
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

It would be cool if we had a list of all the fursonas on Housepets! that was updated. It seems many people here have many different characters and fursonas, so that might be a hassle.

Mine is a red fox with green eyes and grey tipped ears. It's been that way for a while. Currently working on a character sheet with the specifics of the fursonallity, so I may change it up a little bit.

I may end up making a few more here soon as well.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I guess I will put mine here. I'm including the backstory with Sergei due to me relating to him best.

-Sergei (Original Fursona): My first fursona when I joined the fandom. Anthropomorphic Fox, about 19 years old. His birthday is on the tenth of October. He is shy and quiet, but can be playful with people he is comfortable with. 5'10" (Five feet, ten inches) tall, red-orange and white fur pattern, purple iris, 5 piercings on the right ear and 11 down the length of the tail. Long black hair that covers the left side of his face (blood red highlights on the last three inches of his bangs) and a nonagram branded around his left eye (hidden by his hair. The fur was burnt off when it was branded on by his father at the age of four with a custom made branding-iron and it hasn't grown back since). Son of an ex-KGB father and a mother who sold her body for money (filter wouldn't let me use the word). The father and mother resided in Moscow during the pregnancy, but the father relocated after the mother died shortly after giving birth. Sergei spent the earlier years of his life in a cabin a desolate region in Siberia with his father. The mother's death turned the father into a bitter and abusive man, especially when he would mix his anger with his vodka. He would go on sprees of violence and nobody could stop him because Sergei was the only one there. His dad never told him his mother's name, but did let him have a small photo of her. Sergei only knew his father by the name "sir". He was never to call him any other name or any variation of the word "dad". When Sergei was four, his father said it was time for him to "become a man". The day of Sergei's fourth birthday, his father took a branding-iron, which had been custom made to be in the shape of a star with nine points, and used it on the area around Sergei's left eye. By the age of six, Sergei was tired if the abuse and his father was in poor health, the heavy drinking taking its toll. One day about a month after turning six, his father had ordered him to get another bottle of vodka from the pantry. While he was in there, he found a package labeled "Lye". He couldn't read it since it was in English, but the picture of the skull and crossbones on it told him that it is not good to eat. He took the contents of the package and mixed it with the vodka, which he then gave to his father. Later that day, he found his father's life-less body on the floor, his paw still clutching the bottle that caused his demise. Sergei quickly grabbed the picture of his mother, a revolver that his father kept in his room, a lighter, and a thin coat before leaving the cabin. At the age of eight, he had made it to London, still possessing the items he left Russia with. He was given asylum at an orphanage, where he was taught English and was given an education. At the age of 16, he could speak and write in English and had proved himself an excellent student, but he gave very little information about his childhood and he would never tell anyone what had happened in the two years between leaving home and arriving in London. He kept to himself and used his spare time learning how to play guitar. He also got a job working as a janitor at a nearby grocery store. When he was 19, he applied to a college in Vermont and was accepted. The orphanage arranged the flight to America as a goodbye gift. After getting a passport and a student visa, he flew to Vermont with the four items he had brought from Russia and some miscellaneous things he had gathered over the years. He is attending the college in hopes of becoming a scientist.

I feel like this post is large enough, so I will list my other fursonas later.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Post by Deske »

Well, he's a wolf. I've got a picture here somewhere. I never really came up with any sort of backstory for him or anything. I've been thinking about it though.
http://imageshack.com/a/img674/745/2uRUZZ.jpg
It's a pretty big image so I didn't just use the [img] tags.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I do not have one, but if I did it would probably be a white dog or wolf. :D
Could be fun to create one...
Last edited by dtlux1 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

kitela wrote:It would be cool if we had a list of all the fursonas on Housepets! that was updated. It seems many people here have many different characters and fursonas, so that might be a hassle.
Sleet kept a list on an older furry thread we had:
I updated it March 20, 2013, and I believe Sleet kept up with it for a while after that.

Here it is :D
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Obbl wrote:
kitela wrote:It would be cool if we had a list of all the fursonas on Housepets! that was updated. It seems many people here have many different characters and fursonas, so that might be a hassle.
I updated it March 20, 2013, and I believe Sleet kept up with it for a while after that.

That's right. That list should have it's own thread.

That was so long ago, I didn't even remember being put on it.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Punchy (fursona): Looks like a sea urchin. Acts like a sea urchin. But don't let that fool you, he really is a sea urchin.
Color: purple. Likes: algae. drone & shoegaze music Dislikes: otters.

I've been thinking about creating another one.
One with fur and more thought put into it...
Last edited by Punchy on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panda Panda Panda
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

My fursona is a green wolf named Zavryn. As you can see in my avatar for these forums. ^^

A little generic some might say, but I still love him. :p
Douglas Collier

Heavens, Sergei! You're the only person I know of who's fursona committed premeditated murder. :shock:
Zavryn wrote:My fursona is a green wolf named Zavryn. As you can see in my avatar for these forums. ^^

A little generic some might say, but I still love him. :p
What's generic about a green wolf? :P
Kitela wrote:
Obbl wrote:

That's right. That list should have it's own thread.

That was so long ago, I didn't even remember being put on it.
We could start that over again here. I could update it with separate lists for primary fursonas and OCs. I'm pretty active on the forums, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to keep it updated.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Uhh. well I thought it was unique but I got some furries telling me its kind of generic. Mainly cuz he doesn't really have any distinct markings. Typcial wolf pattern, but just green. I love him just how he is, though!
Douglas Collier

The darker green chin and blue eyes are distinct markings. ;)
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Douglas Collier wrote:Heavens, Sergei! You're the only person I know of who's fursona committed premeditated murder. :shock:
I know his story is a little dark, but he had to protect himself. Alcohol and violence doesn't mix nicely. With the way he did it, it looks like his father drank himself to death.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

(Bucky) My main sona. I'm pretty much an anthro kangaroo.
Fur color: Tanish, gold
Personality (mostly for rp): Colorful, sweet, slightly moronic. Tends to lean on the ecstatic/cuter side of me.

(Ryoko) Another one of my fursonas. He is a medium-sized dragon who can do all the generic dragon stuff. Again, I just use him for role-plays with my friends. :P
Scale color: Red
Personality: Ryoko is the complete opposite side of my current sona. He is an overall rude, menacing guy. No matter how much he ignores you, Ryoko still cares a lot on the inside. He is the type of guy who disregards love in public to keep his "powerful figure".

I used to have others....(we do not speak of them)
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Ok, so I've started the list. I'm going to need the information to fill in the blanks for some of you guys.

@ Kitela, Punchy, Zavryn - anthropomorphic or feral (or both?)

@Bucky-Roo - So is Bucky a red or an Eastern gray?

@RandomGeekNamedBrent - Is your dog form a specific breed or no? I'm guessing he's anthro?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just one so far. Her name is Elena and I came up with her after I saw and fell in love with Kevin. She will be in my fanfic, just not right now. Her name is Elena. As for species, I'm going for Saint Bernard. She was originally based on my Pekinese puppy Peah (who lives up to her name. x_x), but a Pekinese and a Doberman might be a bit weird. (Though I just not realized she would have been the same height as Tarot) Yeah, she's a Saint Bernard.
Douglas Collier

Is Elena from your story The Winds of Change, Amazee?
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Anthropomorphic

Nice character background, Sergei. (at least he turned his life around)
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Kitela wrote:Anthropomorphic

Thank you :D That is actually one of two backgrounds I use for Sergei. The one here is the more positive storyline. I use the two year period between Russia and London to separate the positive and negative storylines. I would have included the darker storyline, but I don't think it would be appropriate due to the content (without going into too much detail, it includes drug abuse, two more deaths, a suicide attempt, and a few other things).
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Douglas Collier

SergeiTheFox wrote:
Kitela wrote:Anthropomorphic

Thank you :D That is actually one of two backgrounds I use for Sergei. The one here is the more positive storyline. I use the two year period between Russia and London to separate the positive and negative storylines. I would have included the darker storyline, but I don't think it would be appropriate due to the content (without going into too much detail, it includes drug abuse, two more deaths, a suicide attempt, and a few other things).
All before the age of 8? Boy, that kit had a rough childhood. :( But it's good that things are looking up now.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

It didn't all happen in that period of time, but what happened in that two year period influences those things to happen to him in London in place of the happy ending Sergei I described earlier. The only things the storylines have in common regarding London is the orphanage and Sergei learning English. In the dark storyline, Sergei doesn't go to college. He illegally comes to Canada and sneaks into the USA by hiding in a crate in a truck.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Douglas Collier

Yeah, I think I like the first version better. ^^;
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You guys have probably all seen some of the art of my fursona by now.

He's an Eastern Quoll (Dasyurus viverrinus) from Tasmania. Here's his ref sheet which tells you all you need to know. Feel free to ask if there's anything else you wanna know. :)

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Zavryn is Anthro mostly. Though he is feral sometimes, though not normally.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

@DouglasCollier - Red :)
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I am not very creative. I could probably create one over a while, but not any time soon. Last time I made an OC (which I won't share), it took a few years to develop a story for it, piece by piece.
Stan Collier

Post by Stan Collier »

I have Stanley the husky you know here.

Dart the werewolf (my main character http://jmillart.deviantart.com/art/Dart ... -126609924 )

Kuvasz the arabian Oryx http://jmillart.deviantart.com/art/Kuva ... 194&qo=106

and Kismet the Dragon http://jmillart.deviantart.com/art/Kism ... -207931556

The only ones I would call proper fursonas would be Dart and Stanley
I like shorts. Shorts are comfy. Do you like shorts?

http://jmillart.deviantart.com/
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Douglas Collier wrote:@RandomGeekNamedBrent - Is your dog form a specific breed or no? I'm guessing he's anthro?
Anatolian Shepherd, and he can be anthro or not depending on how I feel.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Douglas Collier wrote:Is Elena from your story The Winds of Change, Amazee?
She will be. After I established that Sevin is a dead as a doorknob and and Foxsha is love (probably angering Sevin and Follegra fans in the process).

MAKE WAY FOR ELEVIN!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I should point out that Furr, although he's normally anthro and bipedal, can run on all fours and climb with all fours if he chooses.

I'm liking seeing everyone's 'sonas though! Keep 'em coming!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

ds-al-coda

Post by ds-al-coda »

I know mine is still a work in progress, but my fursona is an anthro Californian raccoon :P Guess that's all I can say for now.
translation thread here
tumblr here

i've been away for too long, expect something soon.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hyper is a Turkish Angora cat, who is the jinchuriki of Shukaku and has the ability to control sand.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Douglas Collier

I'm guessing Hyper has only an anthro form?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Yep.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though if you had to, I'm sure you could make a version who has to stand on all fours.
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Though if you had to, I'm sure you could make a version who has to stand on all fours.
This is true - just send Hyper to Gallifrax. :P
Deske

Post by Deske »

Oh man I gotta update my stuff. I forgot, I've got a feral version too.
Douglas Collier

Deske wrote:Oh man I gotta update my stuff. I forgot, I've got a feral version too.
Added. ;)
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Now that I think about it, I have been developing one over the past few months. He can be a dog, cat, or rabbit. All white, may add a color or something later. He is a dog or rabbit most of the time. Recently unlocked the ability to camouflage as other dogs, cats, or rabbits he has seen, but can't quite control how or when this happens yet.

Nothing else I know about him at this point, but it is a start.