Smash DLC speculation

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Smash DLC speculation

Post by Gameb18oy »

So I know we have a video game section already, but I really like talking on both the likely and unlikely picks for the remaining 4 characters, alongside the stages, because no one really wants more Pokémon but a lot of people want pokefloats. Simple rule, you’re allowed to talk about the meme picks like shrek, goku, and waluigi, but be prepared to have people remind you of the few rules that seem present still for characters that can appear.

Anyway, I’ll start off with a bit of actual stuff to work with, anyone know about how people found a character codenamed “brave” in the games coding? People think it might be a dragon quest protagonist since their Japanese name would translate to that in English. Joker I think had the nickname of “Jack” or something like that for anyone curious
Legotron123

Re: Smash DLC speculation

Post by Legotron123 »

I want either Amaterasu from Okami or Raiden from MGS. Though I would also accept a non-Sans Undertale character.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:I want either Amaterasu from Okami or Raiden from MGS. Though I would also accept a non-Sans Undertale character.
Ammy is low chance, Okami did come to Switch but 1. The third parties tend to only get one pick, capcom is already pushing that rule with megaman, Ryu, and Ken.
Same argument with Raiden... plus even snake only got in because of Kojima, also being in PlayStation all-stars may make you ineligible... plus Snake has been on some games that came to Nintendo, Raiden hasn’t even had one to my knowledge

... and I agree, don’t want Sans. I would be excited for Undyne though, she’s the only character besides maybe Frisk I could imagine a movepool for
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I want Crash in Smash.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:I want Crash in Smash.
Honestly, he’d be a good pick. Recent game so he’s relevant, plus he’s one of the original PlayStation mascots, so he’s arguably been a bigger rival to Mario than even sonic. Also has the one rule fulfilled that you need to be on one other Nintendo game besides smash. I personally would prefer Spyro, but Crash I feel is more likely just based on who knows them in Japan
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I want Crash in Smash.
Honestly, he’d be a good pick. Recent game so he’s relevant, plus he’s one of the original PlayStation mascots, so he’s arguably been a bigger rival to Mario than even sonic. Also has the one rule fulfilled that you need to be on one other Nintendo game besides smash. I personally would prefer Spyro, but Crash I feel is more likely just based on who knows them in Japan
I too rather have Spyro but Crash is a more logical choice based on his fighting style. The problem with Spyro is that he’s a quadruped and the only Smash character like that is Ivysaur. The other problem is that any move set he has would be almost identical to Charizard aside from Spyros head butt and horn attack. Crash can spin, punch, kick, throw a fruit and/or crate, a spin throw would be cool. Honestly if they don’t do Crash I would be shocked because he is the easiest character to design and create a move set for. Not to mention his popularity even if it isn’t as high as Spyros.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

There is no way we can know, I mean, the first one, nobody saw it coming.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gunstar Super Heroes was on the GBA some time ago, and it's not like they're above using old/obscure characters considering Mr Game & Watch has been in the oster for multiple games now. Red, Blue, or Yellow making an appearance might be fun.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think there's a good chance there's one Fire Emblem character.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Sleet wrote:I think there's a good chance there's one Fire Emblem character.
I think the fans would riot.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

please be someone with an axe or a bow, we need variety. so many of this lot have _______ swords.
it wasn't as bad when there was only ever two of them at a time but... ugh...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:please be someone with an axe or a bow, we need variety. so many of this lot have _______ swords.
it wasn't as bad when there was only ever two of them at a time but... ugh...
At least Corrin had the decency to show off the shape-shifting races... too bad they aren’t anyone’s first choice, even amongst Fates fans
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Very likely won't happen, but what about Segata Sanshiro? His final smash would be grabbing the opponent and hurling them into the distance, and explode twice upon impact. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:Very likely won't happen, but what about Segata Sanshiro? His final smash would be grabbing the opponent and hurling them into the distance, and explode twice upon impact. :lol:
You fool, if the game cannot handle Goku, how do you think it could handle an unstoppable force like Segata Sanshiro?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I wanna see a fight between the two of them despite not knowing who one of them is (and I always preferred Gohan over Goku...)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Segata Sanshiro was the mascot for the Sega Saturn when it started to do poorly in the market. Sega got a great new character out of it who still sees a bit of use as cameos and such, and he's apparently a favorite, even if his inclusion failed to keep the Saturn alive. His commercials were awesome!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

he also faced off against Chuck Norris in one of DEATHBATTLE's more ridiculous episodes. it was a draw on account of the universe collapsing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A collapsing universe would render a joust of such heroes pretty much moot...
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

If I can rewind it back. I'm a bit upset the Byleth Moveset didn't go to Monster Hunter. I would probably place the character more if that happened. If you happened to Play Monster Hunter on MVCI they play (relatively) the same way. So it was all set out. That' just is a small disappointment to me.