Zootopia Discussion

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: Zootopia Discussion

Post by D-Rock »

Do developer-made Disney Infinity stories count?

By the way, discovered an interesting tidbit regarding deleted scenes. After being shown a piece of fan art of Nick being introduced to Judy's parents as her boyfriend, the director responded that a similar scene was cut from the final film, and that he'll see if he can get in in the Blu-Ray, talked about here.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Saw this today on YouTube, it's funny if absurd humor. Zootopia Shots: What do Predators eat?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I find it odd that the creators say the predators eat mainly fish and bugs when those aren't the only non-mammal food species that exist. Do no predators eat birds? if not, why? are birds sentient in this world too? were the predators too lazy to catch them? if that one, why? they seemingly started out just like animals in this world, and animals in this world eat birds. Did they hunt all birds to extinction? Then why does Gazelle's song mention them? we don't usually mention extinct animals in our pop songs.

these are the important questions I ask myself while I should be doing homework.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Maybe they're keeping their options open in case they want a sequel/spinoff where birds are involved.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It is a little odd to mention birds like in the song if they were sapient, I find.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Yeah, even if you make the argument that they're just off in some other country (or whatever the Zootopian equivalent is), that's still kinda like saying "Italians don't just make pizza, they burn a tray and make a new one." Also, I felt kinda racist writing that.
Side note, of those of you who read Zootopia fanfics, what types of plots do you like to read? One of my favorites is what would've happened if Nick actually got hit with a Night Howler pellet instead just faking it.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

If that facts video I just watched is to be believed, then yes, the directors actually have plans for possible spin-off movies with birds and reptiles as the main species, respectively. Since these two species were excluded from the movie.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

I am very curious what the original versions of the story would have been like. To see Zootopia through the eyes of Nick whilst wearing a shock collar.
Hi Hi Pie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well, there's at least like 30 different stories on fanfiction.net alone that try to recreate that plot, so you could always try one of those.
Also, what do you guys think the Zootopian equivalents of our pop culture franchises are like? I think Transformers would be pretty close to our version, since the whole "alien robots" thing means they don't have to be various species of animals (though guys like Ravage, the Predacons (at least the G1 versions), Steeljaw and Ramhorn would likely be anthromorphic). Also, something tells me Krillian would be a sheep. Just a hunch.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Macsen

Re: Zootopia is coming

Post by Macsen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
GameCobra wrote:So it's been confirmed that Nick's mom is alive and well and she doesn't share the parent death thing Disney loves doing.
ah, but is his dad dead? does he fulfill the dead parent requirement?... or would deadbeat suffice?
It's altogether possible his dad simply isn't around. Death is cliche, but divorce would be something not often shown.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Awww, cute! Found this on Rick's twitter: two users dubbed Rick's Zootopia comic :3
Check it out here.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So, I've been thinking since I learned this, Shakira, a Colombian, is portraying a gazelle, an Old World ungulate.

Does that not strike anyone else as odd? Though it was nice to hear her say Spanish phrases in the song, made the world seem bigger to me.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

With luck it looks like I'm gonna see Zootopia soon as in early Birthday present. It releases in Thai theaters tomorrow, and my family'll be heading into the city soon to take care of some work, so we plan to try and catch it.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I got to see about ten minutes of it in 240P, but that wasn't any good. I shut it off because it was making my eyes hurt.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Urf. I hope you get to see the real thing! It's really good.
SuperStar wrote:With luck it looks like I'm gonna see Zootopia soon as in early Birthday present. It releases in Thai theaters tomorrow, and my family'll be heading into the city soon to take care of some work, so we plan to try and catch it.
Yay! Let us know how it is!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I've heard rumors that the UK release has a corgi news anchor. Can anyone confirm or debunk this for me?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I think Doug means this http://www.corgi.co.uk

But err...this is a zootopia topic so...

Here's a photo
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (172.47 KiB) Viewed 22452 times
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Haven't seen it yet, but will keep you posted. as far as i know, they have a Moose, cheetah, kowawa, panda and tanuki.

posted this in the wrong section earlier, but tt seems with Zootopia coming out in Japan tomorrow, Ami Nakashima is doing a solo concert version of Try Everything which is basically a Disney Princess version of the song. looks weird seeing all the black eyed costumed performers, but it's pretty neat nonetheless. Can check it out here.

Also, they had an event in Kingdom Hearts chi where you can wear their Disney suits, bag versions of Judy and Nick, and card portraits. said cards are just their movie poster versions on a portrait, but they have a shiny gold frame for them. neat :3

can't link them, unfortunately, but check it out on google.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Cinemas are supposed to keep movies longer. But they don't :x
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Douglas Collier wrote:I've heard rumors that the UK release has a corgi news anchor. Can anyone confirm or debunk this for me?
I've heard that as well, but no images yet.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I really hope those corgi rumors are JUST rumors. As I've said before, domestic dog breeds in general only exist because of selective breeding by humans. And since there are no humans in zootopia, there can't be any domestic dogs.

Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Apparently they were just rumors.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
KingFan13

Post by KingFan13 »

D-Rock wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:I've heard rumors that the UK release has a corgi news anchor. Can anyone confirm or debunk this for me?
I've heard that as well, but no images yet.
Oh, I've been wondering about the other regions. Nice to actually see some of the things there.

I saw Zootopia when it came out. At first I found it an ok movie, but after leaving the theater, the more I thought about the movie the more I liked it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Corgi thing is bunk. There are no domestic dogs or cats in any version of the movie.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Thus we are eternally faithful for Housepets now. :3
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Not surprisingly, Screen Junkies did an Honest Trailer for Zootopia today. Standard warnings apply, though it's significantly tamer than previous Disney trailers. Just be glad that Zootopia didn't have a love song for them to make a parody of.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

What perfect timing, I finally saw the movie yesterday.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

someone paused the DVD to read Judy's iPod for more animal puns:
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Fur Fighters?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I know I'm getting the movie as soon as I can.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I spent a lot of time looking through all the old concepts and deleted scenes that I could find. And while I liked the movie we got a lot, I think I would've liked the earlier version even better. BTW, are we allowed to talk spoilerese now that the movie is on DVD?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

You can always talk spoilers if you put the spoiler tags on, but I would say by this point it's probably okay to talk without them. If you haven't watched the movie and don't want it spoiled yet you click on this topic, I don't think you'd have any reason to complain. ;)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I managed to avoid most of the spoilers before watching the whole movie myself. Boy, am I glad I did. The movie was practically perfect in every way from start to finish. It instantly became my favourite.

I think it's okay to talk about the sloth scene without spoiler tags since that was on the trailers. It's a pretty good joke...they ran the risk of letting it drag on too long, but I think they put it at just the right length...where it's long enough that it's still pretty funny but not so long as to be boring or really harm the movie's pacing too much.

I love the payoff at the end of the movie when it turns out the reckless racer tearing their way around downtown turns out to be the sloth they talked to.

In the subway chase scene, when I noticed the bad guys were sheep...I actually kind of put two and two together right there and arrived at the sweet little sheep assistant mayor (who, at that point, became the new mayor) before they actually revealed her standing there in the museum. But it was still quite a big plot twist. I didn't really pick up any signs that she was behind the predator dissapearances before that point...and then, looking back through the movie, seeing her in that new light...wow.

Man, I LOVE the usage of the carrot pen recorder, first with Judy hustling Nick, and then to playback Bellweather's monologuing and revealing her big plan right in front of the whole police department.

Disney really pulled it off here, and there's just SO MUCH sequel AND prequel potential...maybe even potential for a TV series like what Dreamworks did for Kung Fu Panda.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Legotron123 wrote:I really hope those corgi rumors are JUST rumors. As I've said before, domestic dog breeds in general only exist because of selective breeding by humans. And since there are no humans in zootopia, there can't be any domestic dogs.
There are domestic pigs, though.
Just an Arc
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

The Blue Fox wrote:
In the subway chase scene, when I noticed the bad guys were sheep...I actually kind of put two and two together right there and arrived at the sweet little sheep assistant mayor (who, at that point, became the new mayor) before they actually revealed her standing there in the museum. But it was still quite a big plot twist. I didn't really pick up any signs that she was behind the predator dissapearances before that point...and then, looking back through the movie, seeing her in that new light...wow.
Speaking of:

In the subway lab scene, with all the blue drug stuff in the interior of a train car, I couldn't help but feel like I was missing a reference...
And then Doug's accomplices 'Woolter' and 'Jesse' walk in.

Holy carp. What?! Who would've thought there'd be a reference to Breaking Bad in a Disney movie?? I know they made references to The Godfather earlier in the film, but this was really unexpected!

Really enjoy how Disney tries to entertain older audiences with subtle jokes and Easter eggs <3
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Disney appealing to older audiences is pretty much a given!

And yes, awesome to see the screen capture of the MP3 player. I made a mental note I wanted to look for that when I first saw that.
Jammy

Post by Jammy »

Finally got to see this last weekend (student cinema - we get films really late, but more importantly, really cheap!).

I really enjoyed it. Not sure what more I can say, it was a fun and exciting jaunt through a world made almost entirely of animal puns, and I love a good pun.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Remember when I said that Disney Infinity seemed to have a concept for the original version of Zootopia for the figures?

I'll admit, I do wish that Judy kept some form of projectile attack in the final version. Her tranq gun is a special ability that required a charged special meter, which depletes after each use, and it kind of sucks for a long time as it needs to be upgraded to be any good. I kind of like the look of that Taser, really.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

deepskycyan wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:
Speaking of:

In the subway lab scene, with all the blue drug stuff in the interior of a train car, I couldn't help but feel like I was missing a reference...
And then Doug's accomplices 'Woolter' and 'Jesse' walk in.

Holy carp. What?! Who would've thought there'd be a reference to Breaking Bad in a Disney movie?? I know they made references to The Godfather earlier in the film, but this was really unexpected!

Really enjoy how Disney tries to entertain older audiences with subtle jokes and Easter eggs <3
It's breaking baaaaaaaad