Your Earliest Memory

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Anthroguy101

Your Earliest Memory

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Something happened on this day that I have still not forgotten. I can remember nothing before this, and almost nothing afterwards until I was about 3:

It was sunny out. There was some sort of commotion going on from the outside. I went inside for refuge. There was a bicycle and a pacifier. I did not know what the pacifier was, but was curious about it. I looked at it for awhile. There was somebody in this house; a person I did not know nor do I remember. Then somebody, perhaps one of my parents, came in and took me back outside.

So, what is your earliest memory, and how far back can it go?
EchoFireant

Re: Your Earliest Memory

Post by EchoFireant »

The earliest that I could remember was something bright and white then the ceiling and that's it. :/

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I remember a little before I turned three (but only a little)--I recall a big book about how babies are born. I had it because my sister had just been born a few months earlier, and I was learning about where babies came from and the differences between the sexes.

I remember thinking boy babies came from men and girl babies came from women--like produces like. I even thought I had proof, since Mom had given birth to my sister.

I knew enough of how it worked by the time Mom was pregnant with my brother because I remember hoping it would be a boy that time. And it was.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

I don't remember exactly how old I was, just that it was considerably young... My earliest memory involved walking into the upstairs bathroom and, as per usual, doing stuff I wasn't really supposed to be doing in the first place. In specific... Pulling things out from under the sink(Soap, paper cups, drain cleaner, half a box of tampons...) and flushing them down the toilet.

This wouldn't be such a powerful memory if I hadn't also locked the bathroom door from the inside. I'm not even sure how I did that... And apparently didn't know how to undo it either, because I wound up with my parents completely freaked out. Shortly after, the fire department arrived with a ladder so that they could climb through the upstairs window and unlock the bathroom door from the inside. ... On an unrelated note, men in masks climbing through the window to get me was a recurring nightmare for almost a year. xD
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:I don't remember exactly how old I was, just that it was considerably young... My earliest memory involved walking into the upstairs bathroom and, as per usual, doing stuff I wasn't really supposed to be doing in the first place. In specific... Pulling things out from under the sink(Soap, paper cups, drain cleaner, half a box of tampons...) and flushing them down the toilet.

This wouldn't be such a powerful memory if I hadn't also locked the bathroom door from the inside. I'm not even sure how I did that... And apparently didn't know how to undo it either, because I wound up with my parents completely freaked out. Shortly after, the fire department arrived with a ladder so that they could climb through the upstairs window and unlock the bathroom door from the inside. ... On an unrelated note, men in masks climbing through the window to get me was a recurring nightmare for almost a year. xD
Wow....

I once got my head stuck between two bars but I don't remember it....

And I always used to be paranoid of people coming through my window, though I don't think I ever dreamed about it (surprising because I have a lot of nightmares)....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

The earliest I got was a 256kB SIMM stick.

Sorry... I can't help it. :lol:
(and yes, I did just make one of the lamest computer jokes out there, sue me >_>)
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Jack

Post by Jack »

weeeel.... i think i was five. i just got in to my grandparents house and i was wearing my pijamas (it was a pants and shirt set). the minute i got in i ran to my grandpa and sat on his lap. at this point he was turning a bit senile and he was very weak. my dad told me how strong he was when he was in his prime. i asked him if he was really that strong and with a shaki arm he flexed his muscel and pointed at it saying "i still have a bit of strengh left." i remember it made me really happy because it was the only thing he said that made sense that i could remember. even when i think about it now i feel really happy. its sad that this is the only memory i have of him.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Hrm.... earliest memory... I think that might have been when I was four or three... Mom carried me into a building, set me down and I started walking around looking at my sister who was freaking out a little. and then walked back to Mom....

Now I recognise that was the room outside of the Dojo of the first Tae-Kwon-Do school we went to. Huh, I practically grew up with Tae-Kwon-Do. :\

Although I was so freaking scared of the teachers for years ;_;

what what? Jolly good time.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

earliest memory...hehe, dang...felt like torture...

I had an ear infection or something when I was...I don't know 2 or 3? Well, I hated medicine...who doesn't to be honest? The thing was, I really didn't want to take it, so my Mum and Dad had to force me. I remember screaming with my Dad holding me down while my Mum was trying her hardest to get me to swallow the medicine. The funny thing is, I don't remember ever taking the medicine. :shock:
The Game

Post by The Game »

earliest memory....
*looks into the distance*
It was a long long time ago, I was about 3. I was at preschool. We were having a scavenger hunt. I had a blue raspberry lollipop, my best friend (his name was Joshua) had one too and we were in a big room with teachers and other students. We were having fun and laughing....and that's all I remember.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Still in diapers. Don't know how old I was - my mother said by the sounds of it probably less than a year old, because I weaned myself (booyah, I rock, I knew when to stop~) really early.
I was on one of those baby saddles on my dad's back. I was used to, you know, being on my ever so darling feeder holder protector mommy darling's front, so it felt like high treason to be shoved off to the back of this man! Heh. They were walking down the footpath in front of Castle Plaza, and I cried to get attention but didn't get any, but I didn't really care because I knew they were still there, and I could turn around and look at mum if I were afraid she'd left. I remember up to the point where they went in front of one of the sliding doors. I don't remember whether we went in, or kept walking, because around that point it gets fuzzy. I probably fell asleep.

That was my utmost earliest memory, and I remember it vividly enough that it can actually count as a memory. Everything else is kind of fuzzy little snippets of nothingness. Besides that, I have a bunch of various childhood memories that I can't really stick an age on, but I know happened when I was Really Young™.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Watching my parents fight while listening to Alice in Chains. Good times. <3
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Uh. *blinks twice*

Being in a room that I very much did not want to be in, being forced to stay, prevented from leaving, hammering on the door but nobody coming to help.

Can we move on to Happiest memories?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Dissension wrote:Can we move on to Happiest memories?
That would be discrimination... what about people who don't have any? Image

I won't tell you saddest memories, since I hate autobiographies, however I remember something rather neutral (which is also conveniently gray, because the CRT monitor was monochrome), when I was about 4-5. We had temporarily some old computer (from current point of view (well, at the time of writing this post, since it won't be current after several years, possibly months (assuming this post will still exist in distant future))) with MS DOS, Intel 80286 and 1 MB of RAM and there was M602 file manager (something like Norton Commander and such utilities), which I used mostly to find games on the drive and play (aww, Crystal Caves, Sokoban, Duel, T602 and many others), but one of them was located on wrong folder (not in the "Games" folder, but in root directory).

Dad was gone somewhere, so I opened help (it was in my native language) and because I could read a little I begun to read parts of it. I still remember that it seemed HUGE back then, because I was slowly reading letter by letter, so it took me a lot of time to even read one sentence. But in the end, I found a way how to copy and delete folders, so I moved that folder in root directory into appropriate folder.

The most strong memory I still remember, is how mysterious and huge that help seemed to me, because I was too small, but I wanted to read everything possibly interesting that was written there, but I didn't had enough time (dad took the computer somewhere), so I was sad/disappointed because of that, hoping I'll read more interesting things next time, but I never did, well, till several years ago, but at that point, it didn't seem interesting anymore and actually short a lot.
ReCreate wrote:The earliest I got was a 256kB SIMM stick.
Computer data tape used in mainframes long time ago, possibly in a different galaxy Image (well 70s and 80s) Unfortunatelly, because my age was in negative numbers when that thing on the photo was manufactured (and used), I don't (and can't) remember what's written on it. Image

hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Tails++ wrote:That would be discrimination... what about people who don't have any? Image
Guys I think we should all get off the subject of bad memories and good memories, this is about earliest memories.

aw jeez now I'm remembering things I don't want to
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

My first was weird. I was daydreaming I guess and imagined a tornado or some kinda weird wind thingy, then thinking it was real went screaming to my mother about it. :V To this day when I think about it I see it kindasorta the same way I did there so it still reminds me of a weird wind thing.
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

a scary dream... no no, the dream before t- no, that time when I first started scho-... no not even, my first memory, as far as I have been able to go back for now, and only because the memory was helped to resurface when mom started to recount the story, was early enough that the concept of age hadn't taken enough root to be able associate memories with, only that I can't remember any before it. my mother lived with my aunt at the time, and I often played with my cousin who is the same age as myself, they would put the stuff they didn't want us getting at up on the top shelf of a bookcase, and I was far, far to innocent for my own good. I remember that my cousin would climb up to get them and we would play with them, and I never really understood why they'd get mad at us playing with them, we were having fun (it wasn't pills or anything, just a couple photos with a glass case, a vase with flowers, and maybe our juice bottles), and it wasn't really a good spot anyways, we could climb the walls around a doorway... so my dad decides to put a stop to it by putting a bunch of staples through a thin piece of wood, and attaching it to the top of the bookcase, and my cousin and I were there to see him do it.

my cousin told me to get them down this time so that's what I did... and then fell after I hurt my hands on the staples and had to get a bunch of band-aids on all my fingers, after getting them disinfected, which I remember felt worse than getting them hurt in the first place... I remember that part very well.
Last edited by Justice193 on Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

The house that I first lived in for a year, but even then all I remember is a lot of grey and a changing table.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

My earliest memory is from when I was about four. I was playing with a swiss army knife, and I accidentally cut my finger open. SO MUCH BLOOD

Now I'm a professional cook, and I get to play with knives every day.

edit: and get paid for it
Last edited by NoelL on Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Waiting for my younger brother (who had just been born) and Mom to come home from the hospital. There might be some that are earlier but I can never really tell when they take place. This would have been the Summer of '89 Edit: Accidentally put '88
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

I was playing soccer, or football, in the field during my school recess period. I think I was around 9 or 10 at that time. I'm 22 now. Beforehand there had been a warning issued by the school's safety officer that one of the goal posts were rusty and could give way anytime, so that would be bad news for whoever was going to be the goalkeeper. Therefore the soccer field was out of bounds for a week or so until repairs were done to that particular goal post

I loved playing soccer at that time and I was mostly a goalkeeper cuz I was much more proficient at catching than kicking and scoring. Me and my friends felt the urge just to have a good game during the recess period and we didn't heed the warning. So about 15 minutes later, I was gonna save a goal when I heard a metal clingy sound above me. I looked up for a second, and the pole came crashing down onto my head. I blacked out.

Then I found myself in the teacher's lounge lying on the couch. The teachers who came to me when I got knocked out by that pole asked wether I was alright. I indicated that my head still hurt a bit. They gave me an ice pack for the injury.

And a day of detention.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

I was very young, (I dont think i could walk at that time.) and my parents were grilling, and theres a hole in the bottom of the grill that your supposed to put the flame in to light it, and it was the day after the 4th of July and i found a used bottle rocket on the ground. and i stuck it in the hole in the bottom, and it went off and it burnt my hand.
:(
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson