Happy New Year! 2014 Edition

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Liam

Happy New Year! 2014 Edition

Post by Liam »

I wish everybody a happy and prosperous year!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Saturn381

Re: Happy New Year! 2014 Edition

Post by Saturn381 »

Happy New Year! :D
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Happy New Year to everyone indeed, especially to ones who don't have Christams as main winter holiday!
WOOHOO, it's 2014 already! Not so long ago I thought it was some unreachable far-away goal... But nah, it's here, banging into our (or is it only me?) houses with neighbours' too loud fireworks! :lol:
...and I definitely should get some sleep at last...
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Happy New Year everybody! :D
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Happy New Year to all you awesome people!! :D
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Happy New Year! :D

I scared my sister by coming home early for work and hiding on her. I know it's a sin, but the whole setup was awesome and I couldn't resist. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Happy 2014 From Tennessee!

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

happy new year anyone later than the East Coast
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

RatHead wrote:Happy 2014 From Tennessee!
...Same here :mrgreen:

Have a nice one everybody!!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Happy New Year from Texas! :D
Last edited by Duster on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"I will never forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the year was me."

*2013 regenerates into 2014*

Happy New Year, everybody!
Zrip

Post by Zrip »

Happy New Year everybody! :D
Man, 2013 sure flew by; it felt like it was just yesterday. Oh wait....
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

Happy New Year! *looks at clock* Oh...6:30AM. That's the punctuality resolution out the window then!
Image Image
ɑːk flʌɪt - Posts more nauseating than the Vomit Comet
Crux

Post by Crux »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Wishing you all a prosperous year ahead from the tropics! :lol:

Anybody gots any new year's resolutions? :3
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Happy New Year 2014!

Image PARTY Image
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Happy Christmas and a merry new year guys! :lol:

wait.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
The Blue Fox

Happy 2014!

Post by The Blue Fox »

Happy New Year, everybody!

So what kind of year was 2013? …well it was one of those so-so kind of years.
I must say, though, I’m glad it didn’t dawdle like 2012 seemed to do.
Nor did it go by too quickly…it did pass at a pretty fair pace, though, I reckon.

I think what helped it to pass quicker was segmenting it into weekly installments with my blog's updates.
Also my twice-weekly appearances at Banardos probably helped a bit too.

So let’s go through the list of things I’d like to achieve that I made in last year’s New Year’s blog entry and see if I achieved anything;

1) Lose weight.
Status-
Fail.
I monitored my weight throughout the year and posted what it was at each weekly update.
Starting weight when I began monitoring;- 15 stone 6, 98.0 kg, 216.0 lb.
Lowest recorded weight achieved this last year;- 14 stone 10, 93.6 kg, 206.3 lb.
Current weight;- 16 stone 8, 105.3 kg, 232.1 lb
I lost a little bit at the beginning of the year, purely by being more mindful of what I eat and trying to stick to healthier foods…which I continued to do throughout the year, more or less…then during late spring and through the summer months, my weight seemed to just fluctuate around the high 14 stone, low 15 stone mark…then for the second half of the year my weight ballooned back up to much higher than my starting weight. So just perhaps being more mindful of what I eat just isn’t enough. In fact, I KNOW it’s not enough. Because I was supposed to;

2) Go on more regular walks, and generally get more excersize in my routine.
Status-
Unsure.
Before 2013, I didn’t really keep a regular enough record of how often I excersized or how much…so it’s kinda hard to tell if I have done more exercise or not…what I do know is I’m still regularly very lazy and that I procrastinate way too much.
So I have an idea for something I can try…keeping a daily food + excersize diary…try and motivate myself to get some excersize every day and put my diet under even more scrutiny. I dunno if I should just do it as a footnote of my normal diary or get a separate, smaller diary for my food and excersize entries…hmmm…I’ll start off with footnotes in my regular diary and see how that goes…and if I regularly run out of room, I’ll get a separate diary.
I’ll make a start as soon as this lil’ bit of a cold I got going at the moment goes away.

3) Look into the possibility of joining that Kung Fu training centre I spotted in Manchester.
Status-
Fail.
Right… *gets up Google* …”Kung fu training centers in Manchester”…
Google maps results
and A just so happens to be the one in Manchester I’m on about.
*Gets up the website*
…hmmm…not particularly helpful…they don’t appear to display prices…hmmm, let’s see…no it doesn’t look like they have any open days for the general public to have a nosey either…
…and besides, Google maps is showing much closer places than Manch city center for me to go…let’s have a look at those…
…hmmm…all about as clear as mud too. :/
I’m getting the sense I may never get around to learning Kung-Fu.

4) Visit The Blue Planet Aquarium
Status-
Fail.
I think we’ll be leaving this on a low light for the forseeable future.

5) Go on Skype and MSN Messenger regularly again.
Status-
Fail.
MSN Messenger was discontinued as Hotmail changed its name to Outlook…and Skype doesn’t seem to be working properly for me…
…I really preferred the customization freedom MSN Messenger provided…I’m hoping that Microsoft will being the best of both worlds into a new Instant Messaging system and call it Outlook Messenger. Their users will love it.

6) Go on Second Life regularly again.
Status-
Succeed.
He’s big, He’s blue, He’s back! The Blue Fox Host Thom is flexing his imaginative hosting skills at Club Zero, keeping me on for at least twice a week…and he may be on track for getting a rental home once more…a friend got me a link to a site advertising some bargain rentals…all I need now is a steady stream of a healthy amount of linden to afford a decent one with plenty of prim-space.

7) Go window-shopping for new laptops.

Alert! Designation alteration;
7) Go window-shopping for a new computer.
Status-
Succeed.
After realizing at some point during the year that there’s no real advantage to me continuing on the laptop path, I decided it would be better to get a desktop computer.
A much more powerful computer for a much cheaper price. More bang for my buck, in other words.
You’ll remember back at the end of last September, I was in town for a job’s fair and decided to use the opportunity to have a nosey in PC World…and I found that HP Pavillion tower.
2 terrabyte hard drive, 8 gigabytes of memory, Intel Core 5 processor…not intel’s highest numbered core processor, I know, but still pretty powerful, I believe.
£570 without a monitor. I’d say that’s a fairly reasonable price for what I’m getting…mind you, it did look like it as on special offer…and special offers are, by their nature, often temporary.
Mind you, looking at the original price, and the prices of other computers in the store, I’d say I’m pretty safe once I’ve saved up a spare £600 – £700.
I calculated that originally it would take me until this year’s spring to acquire the monies, barring any unforseen circumstances that require my money’s attention.
An unforseen circumstance did happen though, back in mid-October, when my old laptop finally gave up the ghost…well, the motherboard it had did, anyway…and so I had to send off for it to be repaired…setting me back a total of 258 british pound stirling…
…not very much money really but enough to set me back a couple of months. I now reckon it won’t be until early summer when I get my paws on that HP Pavillion.
In the meantime I can only hope PC World’s fix-it of my hunk-of-junk will hold together.

Alright let’s go over some of the highlights of 2013 in brief.

Well after deciding the continuation of my participation in Pure Radio’s “One Voice” was costing too much, plus the fact that the show didn’t seem to be getting particularly far, I announced my resignation through a resignation letter.
Other than my being a special guest for the Monty Python script I wrote, I didn’t go back there ever again. Paul stole all the personality of my Monty Python script anyway by omitting some lines I wanted to include.
Radio shows are not very entertaining when you have deadpan scripts like what Paul edited mine into.
I suppose my most natural next step will be to write in to Imagine FM and asking them if they had anything for me. It’s just thinking on to do it.

I also tried to find out more about my dyspraxia but got nowhere fast…I couldn’t properly explain to my GP what was wrong, and as it turns out it’s not that big a deal…I found out through Seetec and NCS that it’s actually classed as a learning difficulty and not a full learning disability.
I’m not really sure where to go from here…maybe I should still find that gaffe in Sheffield that specializes in that sort of thing and have myself tested to see if I do indeed have dyspraxia…or at least find out what, exactly, it is that’s supposedly up with my brain.
I suspect I’m just a derp like a lot of my online friends.

My parents had some new windows and a new front door installed in our humble abode back in April. The windows look amazing…so clear. It’s like there’s nothing even there, it’s so clear!
Not so sure about the front door though…but meh…at least the catch works on it. We still lock it from the inside out of habit, and also to make sure we remember our keys when we leave the house.

I had my old 60-gig PS3 give up the ghost and display the tell-tale yellow light of death around about summer time, so I had to get a new PS3, didn’t I? I got one of those 500-gig deals with 2 free games…2 free games I wasn’t particularly interested in…I still have ‘em…imma use ‘em to help bring down the price of a new PS4 when I get it. In the meantime, I’m re-playing the games I’ve already played to see if I can’t get any new achievements.

I tried a couple of new delicacies this past year…I found out I don’t like sushi…and I also found out this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfTl8-hyXJE

…well actually Pepsi “tastes” slightly wetter than coke, I think. I haven’t been able to try them both side-by-side yet. I’ve also been meaning to try Dr.Pepper to see what that tastes like. I expect a liquid version of those cherry pops I used to lick occasionally during childhood.

I acquired a set of tarot cards with a destruction manual…the “Mystic Faerie” tarot set…I haven’t really tried to use it yet…I kinda wanna show my RL friend Luna first. I also reckon I need to get a bit deck-shuffling savvy…which might be difficult with my hand-eye co-ordination issues.

I saw Stockport gets its own Pendolino named after it after 170 years of being a handy-dandy lead-in to Manchester Piccadilly.

I’d been working my way through editing together all the footage of my trip to Scotland back in 2012…and because of my tendency to procrastinate and a few distractions it’s long overdue the October 2013 deadline I wanted to do it by…but I’m hoping to get it done sometime soon. I just gotta finish the animated intro I’m working on…then do the day/part markers, get it all onto the final product of the videos and get it all onto YouTube.
With any luck, what with YouTube now cracking down on anybody making money from their videos and using copyrighted material they didn’t make, the fact that I’m NOT making money from my vids will keep me safe under the umbrella of the non-profit entertainment clause of the fair use act.

As I mentioned before, I had my laptop’s motherboard give up the ghost and had to have it replaced…and PC world were courteous enough to fix all the other hardware problems I’d been having…but it seems the repair has now derped up the operating system and it thinks it’s not valid…meh, no point in paying for a new activation key if my very next planned major purchase is a new computer.

Actually I have a whole list of things I want to buy which is now pretty much set…although some of the minor purchases may come at the same time as some of the major purchases.
For example, one of the reasons I wanna get a tablet is to access Battlefield 4′s commander mode, so I may buy Battlefield 4 and a tablet at the same time.

1) Get a new computer. That HP Pavillion you saw for £570 will do perfectly, then get some PC games; (In no particular order, and obviously not all at once)
– SimCity (5)
– Spore
– Team Fortress 2
– Wildstar
– World Of Warcraft

2) Get a PS4. Obviously. And get the following games for it; (In no particular order [just listed 'em alphabetically], and obviously not all at once)
– Battlefield 4
- Destiny
– Grand Theft Auto 5 (There’s absolutely no way Rockstar would be stupid enough to not make a next-gen version)
- Infamous Second Son
- Minecraft PS4 Edition
- Titanfall
– Tom Clancy’s The Division
- Watchdogs

3) Get a tablet. Not the Ipad. Maybe one of the Samsung ones.

4) Get a PS Vita and Wipeout 2098. Will get more games periodically depending on what I fancy.

5) Get a Nintendo 3Ds and Poke’mon X. Will get more games periodically depending on what I fancy.

6) Get a new Mobile Phone. Preferably the Samsung Galaxy whatever the latest number is.
Note; Get it from three so you can just pop your current phone’s sim card in and keep your number.

Moving on, I had to resign from Banardos because I’d been complained about, and to be honest I reckon that’s coz my being fed up of going there affected my behaviour.
Oh yeah…you know how they wanted me to visit before Xmas? Turned out they just wanted to gimme one of Banardos’ tiny diaries for free as my Xmas present. I declined since I already had a diary…although now that I think back it mighta been a good idea to accept it and then I coulda used it for my food/excersize diary.

Oh, and my dad finally got himself out of the red and into the black thanks to an advance payment from his pension or something…he went from around 1,200 quid in debt to around 1,200 quid in credit in a single payment!
He promises to pay back the money I’ve loaned him to keep his head above water over the years…too bad I didn’t keep track of how much exactly he owes me but I’m willing to call it paid off if he somehow finds me a total of 1,500 quid…not all at once, of course, but over time.
Right now he’s sorting some other monetary arrangements out or something…so I’ll wait my turn. Hopefully he doesn’t waste it all on beer and end up back where he started.
He says the money he spends on beer is just the money he earns from doing various odd jobs for his friends on the side so hopefully he sticks to that and doesn’t touch his solvent bank account.

Alrighty then, so now let’s make a fresh list of things I’d like to do for the year of 2014;

1) Lose weight by eating more healthily and excersizing daily. Keep a food and excersize diary to help you with this.
Begin as soon as you ditch this bout of the sniffles you’ve acquired. May be a good idea to go fetch some diluteable OJ to help fight it.

2) Buy a new computer. The HP Pavillion you saw for £570.
Better get some good software too…Microsoft Office, and a decent anti-virus/internet security other than Norton…
Norton’s okay at eradicating viruses that get in, but apparently not so good at keeping them out in the first place…you need something that’s good at both.

3) Buy the PS4. Hopefully the price will have dropped a bit later on in the year.
Start your PS4 game collection at the same time too, with Watchdogs and Infamous Second Son or Tom Clancy’s The Division.

4) Finish the animation you’re throwing together for your Scotland trip videos.
Pretty much all the hard work is out of the way…this shouldn’t be too hard to complete pretty quickly.

5) Figure out how to create multiple YouTube channels.
I’ll need one for my fursona for animated furry related shenanigans and arty speed-draws, one for MLP-related stuff with Typhoon, one for gaming videos so I can do lets plays and whatnot, and I’ll keep my current one for my real life videos.

6) Visit The Blue Planet Aquarium.
I know this is on a low light right now…but who knows? Maybe we’ll get a chance to go sometime during summer.

7) See if you can tick off some of the other items in your “to buy” list.

Yeah, I think that’ll just about do it.

Right…I think that’s about all I have to talk about for now…

So a very happy new year to all, and to all...
Image Have Fun!

Ciao for now,
Cordially, The Blue Fox Thom.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Happy New Year all.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I have a feeling this year will be... okay. I 'm gonna try snowboarding out, that should be fun.
The Blue Fox wrote:3) Buy the PS4. Hopefully the price will have dropped a bit later on in the year.
I might get myself one later this year too, but there's only one game I really want for it (Uncharted 4). I think I'll be getting myself a PSVita, if/when they release the lighter cheaper model.
Crux wrote:Anybody gots any new year's resolutions? :3
drink more, drink less, drink water
Panda Panda Panda
Karl

Post by Karl »

New Year came way too soon!
But still, I wish it to be a good year to all of you.
I'm a bookworm!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Happy New Year everyone!

Here's hoping that 2014 treats us better than 2013.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Crux wrote:Anybody gots any new year's resolutions? :3
nope...

Just making a list right now:
- Reading Gecko's and VEB's story - really need to do it, because I promised to read it and didn't even start yet... sorry.
- Reading Thom's webcomic I dicovered the day before yesterday.
- Asking a certain Blue Fox why his fur is "Dark, near-black grey" and he nevertheless calls himself "The Blue Fox". :lol:
- Don't make any new year's resolutions.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Happy 2014 to all my Housepets! friends! *hugs all of ya*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
RatHead wrote:Happy 2014 From Tennessee!
...Same here :mrgreen:

Have a nice one everybody!!
Really? Where? (btw just moved here from Idaho)

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Render wrote:- Asking a certain Blue Fox why his fur is "Dark, near-black grey" and he nevertheless calls himself "The Blue Fox". :lol:
It's not my FUR that's dark, near-black grey...well...except for my ear-tips...it's the hair on top of my fursona's head.
The rest of me is blue as blue can be.
You need to read stuff better. :P
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

The Blue Fox wrote:
Render wrote:- Asking a certain Blue Fox why his fur is "Dark, near-black grey" and he nevertheless calls himself "The Blue Fox". :lol:
It's not my FUR that's dark, near-black grey...well...except for my ear-tips...it's the hair on top of my fursona's head.
The rest of me is blue as blue can be.
You need to read stuff better. :P
Must have misinterpreted the following line:
Fursona Hair Colour: Dark, near-black grey.
And that's all info I found about this topic. ;)

Image Image
ImageImageImage
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Where were you reading it from? :|
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

The Blue Fox wrote:Where were you reading it from? :|
Your FA-page.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

HWOAHEMGEE, I am also in the Tennessee Land

A couple of days late, but happy New Year, Housefolk, may this be a great one for all of us.
*cough*
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I'm happy to say, happy new year. So long to 2013!

I don't have any resolutions besides staying focused on school and keeping my current job.

I also plan to attain better cooking skillz. :P
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Render wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:Where were you reading it from? :|
Your FA-page.
Hmmm...I should probably add a couple of lines about my main and secondary fur colours to avoid further confusion, then. Yes, yes...