Favorite MOVIES (?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Radio Blue Heart

Re: Favorite MOVIES (?)

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Penwrite wrote:I saw The Lone Ranger with my father yesterday evening. Man, I don't know what the critics are talking about. Yeah it dragged a lot in the middle, but otherwise I thought this a fantastic film. The use of the old William Tell Overture was masterful, and the final action sequence was cinematic perfection.
Maybe it will be another "John Carter" for Disney. All the elements for a hit were there but it was mishandled in release. I still need to see that, by the way.

I plan to see "Pacific Rim" next week. I hope it is good, but Del Toro always delivers.

My DVD of "Father's Day" was a good movie with that retro/grindhouse look to it but it was shot on video. I cannot stand movies shot on video. It just makes them look cheaper and crappier that they need to. It just takes me out of the experience and I can't enjoy it. It is not the first film that I have seen that suffered this way. "Session 9" and "The Sleeper" were competently made films but hi-def video made it look like I was watching a soap opera. I like film. It captures reality and at the same time heightens it. Besides, from watching a "making of" you can shoot on film and then scan it into a computer for editing, effects and color correction. I learned that from the making of "Jason X".

I was at Big Lots yesterday. I had originally went in to just get some toothpaste and peroxide when I saw the new $3 DVDs they put out and I went a little nuts. I got copies of "Inside", "Creepshow", "Night of the Living Dead", "Storm Warning", and "Diary of the Dead". A good haul and some very good movies for $3 a pop.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
LionWolfHybrid

Post by LionWolfHybrid »

Grown Ups
Despicable Me 2
Balto I-III
Life of Pi
Ice Age 4
Home Alone 2 and 3
Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Star Wars Episode II, V and VI
Pirates of the Caribbean (I forgot which one...)
National Treasures
Cool Runnings
October Sky
Since you're reading this...
Am I the only person who can juggle here?
Wolves are boss.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

LionWolfHybrid wrote:Grown Ups
Despicable Me 2
Balto I-III
Life of Pi
Ice Age 4
Home Alone 2 and 3
Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Star Wars Episode II, V and VI
Pirates of the Caribbean (I forgot which one...)
National Treasures
Cool Runnings
October Sky
That is the first time I have ever seen a list of fav' movies with Home Alone 2 and 3 in them that didn't include the original Home Alone. I have to ask why you've not included the original, if you have an answer. :P
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

After being trapped in the limbo of pre-production since 2006, "Frankenstein's Army" is finally being released!

Here is the trailer! Mod Edit: link removed due to gore

And in a related article, there is going to be a sequel to "Dead Snow" and a second sequel to "Outpost"! If you have not seen these I highly recommend it!

Perfect if you like combining the war and horror movie genres.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

District 9
Baraka
The Seventh Seal
Run Lola Run
The Shawshank Redemption

:ugeek:
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I just saw a movie called performance today. It's a British neo-Noir influenced by the french new wave of the 60's that tells the story of a mob enforcer that is forced into hiding with a burnt out rock star played by mick jagger. It's awesome. Go watch it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Balto the best

Post by Balto the best »

Snatch is my favourite British movie, along with Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels. These are some cleverest stories I've ever seen, definitely worth a watch.
I'd hate to disappoint, but...
What can I say?
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

If any movie was my favorite movie when I was younger, and one of my favorite comics, it was Over The Hedge.
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

This is one of the best teaser trailers I've ever seen. Next year can't get here fast enough.

Edit: and I seem to have forgotten to post a link to the teaser trailer. Unless someone removed it for some reason. In which case, I am the derp.
Last edited by Penwrite on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Jason And The Argonauts and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
Ray Harryhausen is the best.
Panda Panda Panda
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I'm not a great movies watcher, also because of time dedication lacking in the latest years, but when I can, I like to watch again movies of my childhood and discover some new one which I find interesting. I neither have a great collection of movies, what the TV proposes has always been enough for me. I don't use to pay attention to newer movies of almost all the genres and to blockbusters, which most of the times shouldn't like to me.
I mostly enjoy the old and classic movies. About genres, in general I enjoy more comedies, thrillers, animation, some horror and futuristic dystopian sci-fi. I like the classic Italian comedy movies going from 1940s to 1990s (excluding the really trash and vulgar ones and the most recent ones, that suck), movies with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, and the vintage USA comedy movies. I'm not fan of space sci-fi, medieval, legends and magician themed movies, so no Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings series for me, for example.

Here's my list of favorite movies, which I've enjoyed more, left something in me and got memorable.

Back to the Future series
Balto
Bicentennial Man
Blade Runner
Bolt
Cars 1 & 2
Coming to America
Dennis the Menace
Edward Scissorhands
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Home Alone 1 & 2
Gattaca
Ghost
I Am Legend
Ice Age (only the first one. Haven't watched and got interest to the others)
Kung Fu Hustle
Life is Beautiful
Lucky and Zorba
Mrs. Doubthfire
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Nick of Time
Over the Hedge
Pearl Harbor
Problem Child series
Richie Rich
Shaolin Soccer
Sister Act 1 & 2
Stargate
Strange Days
The Blues Brothers
The Exorcist
The Fifth Element
The Fox and the Hound (only the first one. The second one sucks really bad)
The Hills Have Eyes
The Fast And The Furious (only the first one. The second is ok, the others not really)
The Last Emperor
The Mask (only the first one. The second one is really banal)
The Ring
Three Fugitives
Titanic
Tremors 1 & 2 (haven't really liked third and fourth ones)
Wall-E
Wreck-It Ralph
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

These are interesting movies that I want to watch, and sooner or later I'll do it.

Automata
Inception
Rush
Transcendence
Herseio wrote:My favorite movie? mmm "La gabbianella e il gatto" but maybe outside Italy is know as "Lucky and Zorba".
Need to watch again that movie, last time was many years ago. Really good one.