Your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?

Post by Beagle »

In the past few months, I've come to love Dr. Pepper as one of my favorite soft drinks. I used to hate it as a kid- and unfortunately, it was the only beverage (besides milk, which I can't drink) that my grandmother used to keep in the house when we lived with her. (My parents took care of her in her last years.)
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's odd. Dr. Pepper also grew on me as I got older. I mean, I always liked it but now it's my go-to soda. I used to drink a lot more Coke but now it's more what I go to at restaurants when I don't want to wear out Dr. Pepper.

The exception is Coke with real sugar as well as Coke from McDonald's. I don't know why but Coke tastes better at McDonald's. Maybe it just pairs better with their food.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Khasimir

RE:- Your favourite non-alcoholic beverage?

Post by Khasimir »

My two favourite bevreages of all time, are a tie between Vanilla Coke & Cherry Pepsie.
Please call me Khaz.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I like Pepsi Max (a little too much) and Kia Ora orange squash.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I used to like Pepsi Max and I LOVE Vanilla Coke but hardly anyone sells it here. :(
We don't even have Dr. Pepper or Cherry Coke unless you go to an American sweets store, so I haven't tried either.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
McFly

Post by McFly »

I see Vanilla Coke every now and then around here. Though I have yet to try Vanilla Coke because I'm not really much of Coke fan. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I drink a lot of stuff other than Coke, such as Sprite or Fanta.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote: The exception is Coke with real sugar as well as Coke from McDonald's. I don't know why but Coke tastes better at McDonald's. Maybe it just pairs better with their food.
Okay, so I'm not the only one who loves Coke with McDonald's! It's so good!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

We should form a club!
McFly wrote:I see Vanilla Coke every now and then around here. Though I have yet to try Vanilla Coke because I'm not really much of Coke fan. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I drink a lot of stuff other than Coke, such as Sprite or Fanta.
Vanilla Coke is really good. I wish they made it in caffeine-free.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Can I join? I love the McDonalds Coke! And I think I know how they get it to taste so good...
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Nyaliva wrote:Can I join? I love the McDonalds Coke!
The Australian kid likes McDonald's. We're keeping you. :P

I have a whole thing of lemon tea mix in my kitchen cabinet. I really ought to make a batch of tea; I've been drinking too much soda lately. Even though my mom only buys the zero calorie, cheap knock-off soda, all those chemicals still aren't good for you.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sleet wrote:
McFly wrote:I see Vanilla Coke every now and then around here. Though I have yet to try Vanilla Coke because I'm not really much of Coke fan. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I drink a lot of stuff other than Coke, such as Sprite or Fanta.
Vanilla Coke is really good. I wish they made it in caffeine-free.
Well, shoot. Since everyone is talking about how good it is, I just might give it a try the next time I see it.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Apple Juice. Lots of it.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Let's revive a very old thread! Yaaaaay~ *shot*

Anyways, I remember some of you from the States saying that Dr. Pepper is your fav soda, but it's not readily available here in Malaysia, losing out on Coke and Pepsi and such.

Yesterday, I found it! Dr. Pepper at an international grocery store, costing almost 3 times what a local Coke would cost. So I bought it. And I drank it.

I'm a little disappointed to be honest. Yes, the taste is unique for a carbonated drink, but it's not something new. In fact, there's a local version, made using this thick-like-molasses cough syrup famous among Malaysians and presumably Singaporeans.

Just add one tablespoon of the syrup with a glass of cold water, or maybe cold club soda. Tadaa, homemade Dr. Pepper xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

For soda, it would have to be Mountain Dew.

For non-soda, Milk.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

So this new Vanilla float Dr. Pepper is.. AMAZING.
Goforit
Weather Wizard

Post by Goforit »

I used to be able to find Dr. Pepper at restaurant-like places around here (Alberta, Canada), but suddenly I haven't been able to find it... close to at all. It's still readily available in grocery stores for comparable prices to the various other soft drinks, though. For some reason restaurants unanimously suggest Root Beer as a replacement to Dr. Pepper. Personally, I think it's closer to Coke, but perhaps around here Dr. Pepper is equated with "dark soft drink that isn't coke".

Although Dr. Pepper is certainly my favourite soft drink, my favourite non-alcoholic drink of all time is NOS energy drink. First time I had it was at a drifting competition in Calgary, was careful not to mix the bottles up with real NOS... Nothing quite does a balance between sour and sweet so well. I only wish they would make a decaf version. I already have a cup of coffee every morning for caffeine... X3
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kitela wrote:So this new Vanilla float Dr. Pepper is.. AMAZING.
I haven't seen it! What does it taste like? Is it different from just vanilla Dr. Pepper?

I think you can make that in those Coke Freestyle machines.
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

I love cream soda, but Pepsi is a close second. I never really liked any Coke products.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Green River and Cheerwine are now my favorite sodas.
Panda Panda Panda
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sleet wrote:
Kitela wrote:So this new Vanilla float Dr. Pepper is.. AMAZING.
I haven't seen it! What does it taste like? Is it different from just vanilla Dr. Pepper?

I think you can make that in those Coke Freestyle machines.
It's not nearly as good as the cherry vanilla, but it's still great.
kurowolfe wrote: Just add one tablespoon of the syrup with a glass of cold water, or maybe cold club soda. Tadaa, homemade Dr. Pepper xD
I want to try this now and add vanilla!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Punchy wrote:Green River and Cheerwine are now my favorite sodas.
Yeeeeees. Another Cheerwine enthusiast. We must recruit more. HEY EVERYBODY BUY SOME CHEERWINE.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Generally I like sweet drinks such as barley water (benjamin made syrup), mint syrup, black cherry syrup, almond milk and cold lemon tea. About fruit juices, I like mostly tropical mixes, citrus mixes, orange and green apple. I don't like nectars. I would like to try sangria, which is alcoholic. I like coffee taste, but barely I want to drink it.
I'm not fan of gassed drinks, in fact I used to drink cola, orange soda and others. I tried Red Bull energy drink, and I wasn't aspecting it to be sweet like candies, I wouldn't buy it again.
My top one is always the mineral water, though...
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Sleet wrote:
Yeeeeees. Another Cheerwine enthusiast. We must recruit more. HEY EVERYBODY BUY SOME CHEERWINE.
Yes, it's delicious!
But it's hard to find where I am.
Panda Panda Panda
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sleet wrote:
Cheerwine is great! Try mixing it with a little Dr. Pepper.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Cracker Barrel sells it. That's the only place I can find it in the St. Louis area.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Generally speaking, I tend to enjoy a few beverages about the same amount, so what one is my favorite depends on many things.

In general however, there is five beverages I enjoy more than all others

In the fizzy/soda/soft drink category
Vanilla Coke - Quite partial to it at any time, I don't drink much however because its not very easy to get a hold of here.
Dr. Pepper - I find its taste fantastic however for me maybe uniquely I find that Dr. Pepper is a drink I can easily have too much of. So generally its an occasional choice rather than my drink of choice. Also its really hard to get a hold of here.
Ginger Beer - I have to be careful how much I drink, as it can occasionally upset my stomach, but I find Ginger Beer to be my general drink of choice. And its easy to get too.
Cream soda/Creaming soda - HAS to be the brown stuff however. The over stuff just can't compare.

In the other category
Tropical Fruit Juice - I love my fruit juice in general, tropical or breakfast juice was my equivalent to coffee at one point. I used to once have a glass every morning and then every time I needed a perk. Interestingly enough I actually don't like fruit very much overall as solid fruit. The only fruit juice I really dislike are cranberry juice, banana nectar and grape juice.

As of this moment I've been mostly partial to ginger beer, since it changes every now and then. I'm also odd in many cases with the fact I'm perfectly fine due soft drink that has gone flat and in some circumstances prefer it that way (in the case of Pepsi)

I used to also enjoy Mountain Dew and 7-Up a lot too but I don't like how Mountain Dew has changed so I no longer drink it.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So at a soda/candy store that just opened in my city (which is awesome, by the way), they had "Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer" (which isn't actually beer or alcoholic at all). Jee I wonder what it's supposed to be. *giggles*

It's actually pretty good. It's butterscotch cream soda.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Yum. Cream soda.

I don't think I've ever answered on here. I'm kinda surprised that I don't really see coffee. I love coffee. (Even decaf. *GASP*)

My favorite soda has to be a nice, cold can of Sprite. (Can. Not bottle. I don't know what it is about a can that I like a little bit more.)

I also really like apple juice. Probably because I really like apples. :roll: I don't drink nearly enough of it, but I do like it when I can.

Between those three, I couldn't chose a favorite. It just depends on my mood at the moment.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

I just tried an orange juice that was mixed with 7-Up and Mountain Dew, and it was actually pretty good.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I tried the "creamy red birch" I bought at that soda shop with no idea what it was. Turns out it's a type of soda called "birch beer," which is very similar to root beer. It was a bit woodier tasting, which actually tastes better than it sounds.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

My favorite soda MAKERS, are
#1 Henry Weinhards (they make alcoholic beverages as well as gourmet sodas, the best sodas on the planet!) I LOVE their cream soda and root bear! but I also love their Orance cream and Black Cherry cream sodas, just a tiny bit less.

#2 Thomas Kemper AWESOME stuff, they mix honey into their sodas, givin em an AMAZIN taste.

#3 IBC Just plain awesome cream soda and RBeer! and a lot of places around here stock it! (always by the bottle, never fountain or can)

#4 Hanks Look that stuff up, gosh DARN that's good stuff!

#5 and on are things like Moxie, Jackson Hole Brewing Company Root beer and Sarsaparillas, and as Sleet reminded me of: Birch Beer, man, haven't had that stuff for YEARS, but i LOVED it....

Also There's some specialty sodas I remember having while at a military school trip in Wisconsin... don't remember the name, but they were made fresh near there, freakin AWESOME stuff! (EVERYBODY bought some... they had almost none left when the buses full of us students left! :twisted: )

On the commercial side, A& W's my favorite, along with Stewart's, and I like Dr.P, ALL cokes (anybody else remember the Black Cherry Vanilla ones? DANG those were good), Mountian Dew (voltage is #1), Monster and Rockstar occasionally (Jagermonster FTW)... and Sunkist... ALL Sunkist

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Kool Aid.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

RatHead wrote:IBC Just plain awesome cream soda and RBeer! and a lot of places around here stock it! (always by the bottle, never fountain or can)
Does it come in anything other than bottles? I've never seen it except in glass bottles.

Also, Supernova is best Mountain Dew. Too bad it's discontinued. :(
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

nope, bottles only. unless there's some place I don't know about that has it on fountian. to me glass bottles just say "classy" when used for a soda like IBC.

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Vanilla Italian soda with a quirt or two of raspberry and some cream (and extra vanilla). ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would have to be Sprite. I just love that lemon-lime drink.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Arnold Palmer, tea and lemonade mixed together. That or some form of hot cocoa, mostly because winter n stuff.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I like homemade lemonade.
Squeeze 10+ fresh lemons, add ice, and enjoy!
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What about water and sugar? That would be some very bitter lemonade.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Since more than 1 month, I'm drinking one small bottle of blueberry juice per day, after lunch. Dunno if it's really good for the health, but surely it isn't bad for it. :P And also, I love blueberries (and other soft fruits).
Douglas Collier wrote:Vanilla Italian soda with a quirt or two of raspberry and some cream (and extra vanilla). ;)
That sounds delicious, but why you Americans should define as Italian things that aren't original from there? I don't even... :P