Weird/Strange Habits

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Weird/Strange Habits

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:When I watch a show on the computer or on the television, I always have to multi task in order to avoid getting bored.
that's not a strange habit, that's ADHD. my mom and I are the same way except for certain shows.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This one started last summer, but I have to drink my beverages with a straw. And I mean any beverage. That includes coffee and hot chocolate.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:This one started last summer, but I have to drink my beverages with a straw. And I mean any beverage. That includes coffee and hot chocolate.
I have never tried drinking coffee with a straw...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just goes to show you how weird I am.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Just goes to show you how weird I am.
Using a straw for drinking everything doesn't sound *too* weird... Now, if you saw me at a pub, drinking a beer through a straw while wearing my fursuit, D'you think that might be weirder?
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

But - alcohol is toxic to dogs! :o
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Douglas Collier wrote:But - alcohol is toxic to dogs! :o
Is it toxic to foxes too?
(Silly straws are fun :lol: )
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Isn't orange soda the equivalent of alcohol to dogs?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Alcohol is toxic to anyone who drinks it.
tychoaussie wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Just goes to show you how weird I am.
Using a straw for drinking everything doesn't sound *too* weird... Now, if you saw me at a pub, drinking a beer through a straw while wearing my fursuit, D'you think that might be weirder?
I wouldn't call that weird. I'd pay to see that and if I had a suit I'd put it on and drink along with you!
SergeiTheFox wrote:If I ever drink soda out of the original container, I tend to pour it into a shot glass and mix it with crushed red pepper and salt.
How does that taste, Serg?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Hlaoroo wrote:
SergeiTheFox wrote:If I ever drink soda out of the original container, I tend to pour it into a shot glass and mix it with crushed red pepper and salt.
How does that taste, Serg?
The type of soda determines the prominent taste (my choice of soda being a mix of Orange soda, Mello Yellow, and Coca-Cola), but it gives it a spiced feel with a salty (good salty) tang.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think I would be able to do that. If anything goes into my soda, I only taste that instead of the soda itself.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

One thing I HAVE to do when I go to a place with a soda fountain is mix the drinks. I have never went to a place which allows you to fill your own drinks and not mixed them. I think it is usually Coke/Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and Root Beer, as well as the other stuff they have there. I can not just simply have one drink in my cup. :P
Douglas Collier

Whenever we fill up the gas, I savor the smell of the gasoline fumes.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Douglas Collier wrote:Whenever we fill up the gas, I savor the smell of the gasoline fumes.
Why does it smell so good!?
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Good yes, but also deadly. You take one sniff and your brain becomes rapidly starved of oxygen which which causes an electrical problem in the heart that makes it go into a fatal arrhythmia. This is called "Sudden Sniffing Death Syndrome" (SSDF) but it only happens when you huff inhalants.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

It's muffins and cookies near impossible to sleep without a blanket even if I'm going to overheat. Maybe if I'm dead tired, but blankets help so much.
All your acorns are belong to us.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Whozjama wrote:It's muffins and cookies near impossible to sleep without a blanket even if I'm going to overheat. Maybe if I'm dead tired, but blankets help so much.
same here. It's just the weight of the blanket on top of me, makes it easier to sleep. It's why I prefer to have my room cold
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

....I'll swear up and down I'm not dyslexic. But I think I missed typing 'muffins and cookies' or I'm a mod's plaything.
I think I do that too though, I write something down, and when I look over it again I find something there, or something missing that doesn't coincide with what I planned in my head. I'd miss it if I didn't go back. Which is very annoying.

I don't need to keep my room cold either, the poor insulation in my door does that quite effectively already. XP
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh good. I'm not the only one.

I have to have it cold in my room, via a fan or an open window fore me to sleep. Or else I tend to sweat majorly with a blanket on me.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Whozjama wrote:....I'll swear up and down I'm not dyslexic. But I think I missed typing 'muffins and cookies' or I'm a mod's plaything.
That's the forum's filter. If you type a bad word we don't want you to use, it replaces it with a funny phrase. It's automatic. Here are a few of them:

bubblegum
muffins and cookies
Bicycle Repair Man
I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins
an incredibly interesting anecdote

So it's not one of us messing with you. We just decided to have a little fun when telling the filter what to replace bad words with. :D
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

JeffCvt wrote:
Whozjama wrote:....I'll swear up and down I'm not dyslexic. But I think I missed typing 'muffins and cookies' or I'm a mod's plaything.
That's the forum's filter. If you type a bad word we don't want you to use, it replaces it with a funny phrase. It's automatic. Here are a few of them:

bubblegum
muffins and cookies
Bicycle Repair Man
I'm a loser with no friends
an incredibly interesting anecdote

So it's not one of us messing with you. We just decided to have a little fun when telling the filter what to replace bad words with. :D
....OOPS
I guess I'm not used to this forum yet. I'm sure I'll get it in time. Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

On the profanity filter note, you're welcome to swear up a storm - we have the filter for a reason - but please don't self-censor unless you replace every letter of a word with an asterisk or otherwise completely obscure what word you're using.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How many words are filtered just out of curiosity?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

quite a few, the mods had fun trying to find words and phrases that weren't caught. you know, for science :3

now back on topic.
I tend to leave my phone on silent at all times. I need to stop that, I miss too many calls that way.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to have my phone on all three settings: Ringtone (Gray Revolution) Vibrate and Flash the Caller ID when its closed.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I have a habit of always saying sorry when people are mad at me or annoyed by me or anything negative by me. They get real annoyed when I say sorry at least 5 times within a minute.
Douglas Collier wrote:Whenever we fill up the gas, I savor the smell of the gasoline fumes.
People find me weird when I tell them I like the smell of exhaust when at outdoor events, especially the stuff from older cars and machines. It might not help that a lot of the time I forget to tell them I don't seek out to smell it, I just smell it because I am around it.
Douglas Collier

dtlux1 wrote:I have a habit of always saying sorry when people are mad at me or annoyed by me or anything negative by me. They get real annoyed when I say sorry at least 5 times within a minute.
People find me weird when I tell them I like the smell of exhaust when at outdoor events, especially the stuff from older cars and machines. It might not help that a lot of the time I forget to tell them I don't seek out to smell it, I just smell it because I am around it.
Everything you just said is also me to a T (except for outdoor events). :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Excessive apologizing can be a sign of a self-esteem problem.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sleet wrote:Excessive apologizing can be a sign of a self-esteem problem.
Not for me, I just have a habit of being extremely friendly when people are bothered with me. I don't like to make people mad at me, but I seem to do that a lot. :lol:

I am just the type of person who may act too friendly sometimes, I don't like it when people are mad at me and I try to fix it. Unless they are right up insulting me, then I don't try to fix it that much.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to sort any money I get in order from the largest to smallest which includes grouping $5s, $10s, $20s, $1s and coins in a group.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

One thing I have to do is take the EXACT same route out of a room I took into it. If I went around a poll a few times, I will do it the opposite way. It is like I was unwinding a thing of string on the way in, and I have to wind it back up on the way out. If the way is blocked at the moment, I will sometimes wait a few minutes and then go that way.

Also, when items fall, I need to pick them up in the exact same way they fell, so if they fell between a desk and onto the floor, I shove the object back up from between the desks. I have always been like this.

I do believe these two things happen because when I was 4 or 5, I used to pretend I was always unraveling a thing of string, and I would have to wind it back up the same way or get it tangled. I guess things that happen early in life carry on to later in life. :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

the building that has my first two classes has a stair case that is set up as two flights on either side up to the landing, then one going up the middle to the next floor.
so I go up the left, then up the right to get to my class on the third floor, down the left and down the right. making a sort of double figure eight every time.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whenever I exit a room in class, I have to follow the exit route in case of a fire alarm (which we don't have many of in college.)
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I will endlessly pace circles in excess of six hours if not disturbed.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Douglas Collier

Yes, I tend to pace in circles too, especially when talking on the phone.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

I can't seem to stay still for long, a thing i do that doesn't bring attention to myself is clench my neck muscle in a sort of shivering to alleviate my urge to do something/anything.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I believe it should be clarified I pace in circles for hours doing anything or nothing. I just pace.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also pace in circles when I get lost in thought also!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I have a 4 stud Lego that allows the Legos on top of it to spin around. I have had it in pocket of the pants I sleep in for probably 8 months now. I have changed pants many times, but every time I did, I also took the Lego and moved it to the other pants. I have lost it twice, but I found it again. It made me really freaked out when I couldn't find it the first time, the second time I just said that I would eventually find it. I have no idea why I do this, but I do, and I still keep it in my pocket.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I sometimes eat the cupcake paper along with the cupcake (though separately).