Feelings of nostalgia thread

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Feelings of nostalgia thread

Post by Douglas Collier »

Here is a thread where you can share fond memories and discuss things that make you feel nostalgic.

One of my favorite books I loved to read when I was little is Harold and the Purple Crayon. It's about a kid who uses a crayon to draw his environment around him. It was a very creative book and I was thrilled to find it while we were unpacking. ^^

So what things do you feel nostalgic about?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Re: Feelings of nostalgia thread

Post by ArcWolf »

I tend to get it during winter.

Seasons can be nostalgic, right?
Just an Arc
Douglas Collier

Of course they can. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Everytime I look at my yearbook I sometimes wish that I could be back in high school.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Everytime I look at my yearbook I sometimes wish that I could be back in high school.
You must've had a really fantastic time in high school because right now it blows. Massively.

Anyways, winter usually brings back memories of awesomeness and cartoons and stuff. It's fun.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here's another one: everytime I see the childhood ceiling fan I had in my room that I stupidly broke when I was 4, I think about my childhood in general. And I watch ceiling fan videos on YouTube sometimes. :lol:
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Oh nostalgia, how I hate you sometimes. Looking back on the old day, thinking they were better, and wishing you could go back. Some aspects were better, and I love them. Others were bad, but I still have a fondness of them.

Playing my Wii gives me nostalgia. I remember playing Mario Kart Wii with my friend, and we talked over the phone. He used a rubber band to hold it to his head. When I play on the new private server after the shutdown of the wifi, I feel nostalgia over that. I feel nostalgic playing Smash Bros Brawl, which I remember using to hack my Wii with the Homebrew Channel, and also because it is a great game. I also feel nostalgia when I use my Mii I have been using since 2007. I remember the day when I first started to like Pokemon, even if I got into it late. I remember Middle School, and how those years were probably the best years so far. I remember the days of my early childhood, that even though the N64 was out, and the Gamecube came out when I was 3, the NES was the first system I played. I remember playing Mario Bros, Wheel of Fortune, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with my mom. I remember the days before I got my computer for Christmas 2012, when I actually did stuff. When I played game systems more than I do now. I remember Christmas 2010, opening my limited editon DSi XL, and playing Mario Kart DS. I remember the years of going over my aunts house, and the main thing I would do is play Mario Kart DS online, because I couldn't on my router at home.

And I could go on a longer rant, but this seems like enough to read already.

How I hate, yet love nostalgia at the same time. Wishing for those times, yet knowing I am better now. When I get in the nostalgic mood, I am stuck in it for a while.
Douglas Collier

I remember when I used to play games on our Macintosh when I was little. There was a fun math game I used to love to play - I think it was called Purple Math ("I need a smooooooth road!"). I also used to play the Disney Interactive 101 Dalmations game - I recently (recently being two years ago) found a copy in an old electronics store and discovered that it the jokes in it were still funny as an adult. There was also a fun ski game that I used to play - whenever you wiped out, a St. Bernard would come and revive you (I liked wiping out). ^^
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

My PS2 gives me that feeling because I used to play it with my dad all the time. We would spend hours playing it together.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here's another thing that gave me nostalgia. Listening to songs that I used to have on my iPod before they imploded when trying to switch over to my laptop.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Playing that Crash Bandicoot 2. Some of those memories are fantastic. Especially since I no longer have my psone but can play them on my PS3
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I get feelings of nostalgia thinking at the carefree school days in the years 2004-2005, but now I'm a lot better person than that time. And also, there's some nostalgia when I remember of the late 1990s popular music and video listened and watched on the TV.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh my God! I had a wave of it hit me when I saw a Sailor Moon fan video online!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I also get nostalgia from stuff like Code Lyoko (this song) and other shows. I remember watching all the old shows, and I love it when a network still has them on, even if it is not the main channel or at a weird time. I remember when Disney XD was Toon Disney and Jetix. Those were the times I remember the best. :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

Toonami, Olderish Adult Swim when the cartoons weren't always so vulgar and awful, Jetix, all that. Is good. So good.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember Kids WB! We had it for a few years over here then the provider replaced it with stupid HSN. I got it back from an antenna only for it to be shut down and become the CW.

Basically, Saturday morning cartoons are coming to an end.
Deske

Post by Deske »

4Kids was a terrible channel in my opinion. I remember all they did was censor the fun stuff.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:4Kids was a terrible channel in my opinion. I remember all they did was censor the fun stuff.
Brock wrote:Who wants a jelly filled doughnut? Doughnuts are my favorite. I love jelly filled doughnuts.
:D

In Sonic X they just removed words from signs for no reason, and sometimes this would remove context and make things confusing. And then in another anime where someone was killed, they edited it so she was taken to a dungeon, making people wonder why she never came back.

I never saw 4kids while it was around, I came around a little too late for all those networks, but I still love them. :D
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

4Kids was a production company that did mostly anime localization and ADR, not a television channel.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Dissension wrote:4Kids was a production company that did mostly anime localization and ADR, not a television channel.
If I remember correctly, it was the name of the on demand channel. I also think it was the name of the time the shows were on. It wasn't a channel itself though.

I looked it up, and while Wikipedia isn't the best source, it somewhat confirms what I said. LINK!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

4Kids is what Fox Kids (which is how I first fell in love with Digimon. SOB) became.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I also feel Nostalgia of the first time I read through Housepets, which is weird, because that was just in August. I need to reread it. :P
Karl

Post by Karl »

So, some time ago I stubled upon an episode of Dogtanian.

And I was like... I mean... like my mind was out of my body for two weeks...
I'm a bookworm!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whenever I catch glimpses of anything Digimon, it really sends me back.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Recently I have been feeling nostalgia over a lot of stuff I never thought I would. I have been in a nostalgic mood since my dog died on Monday. I guess I am remembering the good times I had more now that I recently went through something bad. I hate being in this nostalgic mood for so long, but it is nice to remember the good times I had over the past 12 years my dog was alive.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whenever I look up fire alarm videos on YouTube (turns out people do collect them), it makes me think of the schools I went to. Mostly high and elementary school. I don't remember middle school too much since I was only there for two years (we live in a county were sixth grade is still elementary)
Douglas Collier

I remember when I was in high school, there was a nice little ice cream stand where I would ride my bike 3.5 miles both ways to get a cotton candy flavored milkshake or cone (I didn't like driving). The nice thing is I burned off the extra calories each time I went. :mrgreen:
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

The music from Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 & 2 on the Playstation 1 is nostalgic for me. So many hours sunk into those games with my brother!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There is still an ice cream stand up that I went with my sixth grade class to go get ice cream with them that I sometimes go by. Good times.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Seeing that depresses me oh so much.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I just found my elementary school yearbooks. Every single picture has me in a striped shirt.
I wore a lot of horizontal striped shirts when I was little.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Deske

Post by Deske »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Seeing that depresses me oh so much.
Why?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because of the state of the new CN.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

For me, Fur Elise always brings back nostalgic memories of my grandmother's shack on the rugged West coast of Tasmania. I've no idea why I associate the two together since I never heard the song at the shack but there you go.

Vivaldi's Spring always makes me nostalgic for my childhood too. That one I think I heard on TV as a kid.

My Grandfather's Clock makes me notalgic for the days when I used to sing it in music class in primary school as well as for my childhood visits to my late grandfather's house in Hobart. He had a grandfather clock near the staircase in the sunroom and I used to spend a lot of time watching it, listening to it tock and chime the hour and drawing it. I used to sleep on a mattress on the floor in that room too since my sisters got the bedroom and I fell asleep many times listening to it. I found its chime and stead rhythm relaxing. Still do, actually. The clock is still there, only my grandfather isn't. So I remember my childhood, that clock, and my grandfather when I hear that song. I miss him. :cry:

The ABC News Fanfare also brings back memories. I used to hear that on the radio in the mornings at my grandparents' house in Hobart. "ABC News, I'm Peter Hughes" the guy would say. Still does, in fact. Whenever I hear it I remember cold mornings in Hobart, eating hot porridge and listening to the news. Then we'd run to the window and see if there was snow on the mountain, stopping to watch the grandfather clock chime the hour. Then we'd play all kinds of games while the parents and grandparents talked. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

This. That song just brings up a lot of memories I had during high school. Those years were both the best and worst I'll probably ever have experienced, all the fun, all the regret, everything. I kinda cried when I first heard it today.

But I don't know, besides that, I don't really have anything that made feel nostalgic. The only time I ever do feel it is whenever someone else talks about their past. It almost kinda makes me sad how I never really had anything that lasted from when I was just a kid. Everyone has all that heartwarming stories of how they still kept in touch with their friends despite all the years that have gone by or about how they still have their favorite childhood thing like a toy or something. I never really had any of those...

Woops, sorry for the rambling.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't worry about it. I tend to ramble a lot sometimes also.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I don't know if it's nostalgia. But I'm starting to remember back to when I first got to high school. It's kind of weird knowing this is my last semester at school...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since for me that was 8 years ago, I would call it nostalgia for me.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Last night I felt nostalgia over something I would have never expected, school work.

I loved my old school, and at that school it was common to get a few hours of homework every night, and I would sometimes need help from my parents. I don't like my new school much at all, but one good thing about it is that we only get 2 worksheets of homework a week usually. But last night I needed to finish a big project that was due today, and that took about an hour. I finished, and then I found out I had an honors math and science packet I had to do, but it was hard. I had to get help from my parents to do it. This took a few more hours. Overall, I think I spent about 4 hours doing homework, and this made me feel like I was at my old school again. I didn't even mind doing the work because of that. never thought I'd feel nostalgic over school work. :D