Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Do You Consider Yourself a Furry? 

Yes 75%  75%  [ 113 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 151

Game Master

Post Re: Do You Consider Yourself a Furry?
Still though, like most things, if the subject doesn't come up then there isn't really any reason to bring it up for no reason especially if it risks angering people or sparking flame wars. Not everyone listens to a calm explanation of the fandom and it's people. We shouldn't feel like we have to hide it. But again, in a non-furry-majority environment, if there's no reason to bring it up, there's no reason to bring it up.

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 am

Yep, sure do consider myself a furry. I was basically a furry in the second grade of elementary school before I even knew the fandom existed.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:00 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

Can you really say you're a furry at that age? Pretty much everyone loves anthropomorphic animals that young!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:22 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet Wrote:
Can you really say you're a furry at that age? Pretty much everyone loves anthropomorphic animals that young!

Yeah, but I was downright obsessed. I had a cat "fursona" before I even knew what fursonas were and I only watched cartoons with talking animals in them. I pretty much avoided all superhero cartoons except for Swat Kats and Road Rovers and was very obsessed with Tails (Sonic), Timon (Lion King), Pinky (Pinky And The Brain) and Mushu (Mulan) as a kid.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

Definitely furry then. :P

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Just thought I'd give this a plug for our newer members. Bump!

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

I had to smile a little at the exchange between Sleet and CanzetYote. For so many folks, the inclination towards "Furrinity" begins first in a wonder and excitement at the diversity of living things and a mind of identity with them. Probably like many of you, I was a child of anthropomorphic entertainments - Thornton Burgess, Walt Disney, Chuck Jones, Carl Barks (Uncle $crooge), Felix Salten - but also in the company of beasts. I grew up, like Ol' Rufus, around farms and forests. Farmers debated whether animals should or shouldn't be given names, and Protestant dairymen invited the Orthodox priests to bless their bovines. My Irish mother's stories about animals fed these feelings as well (I used to get up Christmas night at midnight because, she assured me, all animals gained the power of speech for one minute ... But the dog and cats were not on speaking terms.) so, it seems to me, there's more spirituality to the furry attitude perhaps than fetishism.

I have no problem with definitions. No one wants to live the Babel of a Humpty-Dumpty world where "When I use a word, it means what want it to mean." Yeah, you can call a brick a pizza, but will you let us watch you eat it? Classifications matter, though, as lens for clarification, not as land mines to barricade a community. DISSENTION's definition spoke my mind because it was clear, concise, open-hearted, and welcoming. It was, for matter, also kind. Like Peanut.

So, I guess I don't know whether or not to call myself a furry, but i have no objection if you do. Regards.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18