Other comics

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NoelL

Re: Other comics

Post by NoelL »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:How so?
I'm going to never update, and when I do, I'll use old and tired internet memes that stopped being funny a year ago! BEST PLAN!
Liam

Post by Liam »

NoelL wrote:also vgcats is terrible
>_>

<_<

You don't have this from me. (NWS)
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

NoelL wrote:I'm going to never update, and when I do, I'll use old and tired internet memes that stopped being funny a year ago! BEST PLAN!
HEY, that's my plan! Oh, wait, never mind, I'm not as raunchy. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Lets stop this before it becomes bashing shall we?
Make Pasta not war.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

Liam wrote: You don't have this from me. (NWS)
I remember a blog named Your Webcomic Is Bad And You Should Feel Bad. It was hilarious but it seems to be dead. :(
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

SOME OF THEM WERE FUNNY.
And NO, I'm not a big gamer or a furry. You don't have to be to enjoy the comic.
edit
Okay, i read that rant about how awful vgcats is, and while most of it is true, most of it is also exagerated.

True: Violence and sex are way over used in it.
False: This dooms the entire comic and ruins every joke.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

True: My opinion
False: Your opinion

Can we move on from VG Cats? Like, seriously?

Also I was joking about that whole thing regarding the environment, for those who couldn't tell. It was an eagle on a skateboard people I just made up all that junk on the spot.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Ebly wrote:It was an eagle on a skateboard people I just made up all that junk on the spot.
Just as I said... :)
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Sketcherofstuff

Ebly wrote:True: My opinion
False: Your opinion

That's not what I meant. I was partially agreeing, but yes, moving on...
Here Comes The Fuzz
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

Well jeez you guys I didn't know it would become a thing

Since limiting this to only furry comics really narrows down the selection of good ones to choose from (hint: there are only like three), I'm gonna link this one. One of my favorites, I think, because it's strictly joke-a-day without getting into things like recurring characters (besides Batman) and storylines and things like that.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Kind of hard to say as some comics could be construed as furry but their creators don't consider them as such--I guess I could mention those that aren't unambiguously NOT furry.

Vinci & Arty
Tails from the Mynarski Forest
Freefall (may not count but it has an anthro wolf)
Cross Time Cafe
Carry On
DMFA
Slightly Damned
Code Name: Hunter

And of course, now, Housepets!

I also read Inverloch and Good Cheese before they were completed online.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Most of the ones I read have already been mentioned. But here are a few that I don't think were listed yet.

Kaspall is a Furry/Human mix. It's a serious comic, with a very interesting story line.
http://kaspall.xepher.net/archive/pg1.html

Sandra And Woo is about a girl with a talking pet Raccoon. Fairly new comic. Not the best out there, but worth reading.
http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2008/10/19/a-sly-raccoon/

Dume was one of my favorites, a while back. It's long since dead, but more then worth reading through the archives if you've never read it before.
http://www.otterdude.com/strip.php?id=11&sid=2984

Lastly, there's Stupid Fox. Really love this little comic. It's only on DA, so you will have to navigate the comic through the artist's comment section, but worth a read.
http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/ ... 1-95711881
Enty

Post by Enty »

Concession. Once ya get past all the blatantly sexual/ violent parts, its pretty good. ^^ Arttiiiieeeee~
This is not a signature.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

minus, an occasionally somewhat disturbing comic about a little girl with godlike powers
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Enty wrote:Concession. Once ya get past all the blatantly sexual/ violent parts, its pretty good. ^^ Arttiiiieeeee~
Once you get past all the blatantly sexual/violent parts, there's no comic left
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Enty

Post by Enty »

Ebly wrote:
Enty wrote:Concession. Once ya get past all the blatantly sexual/ violent parts, its pretty good. ^^ Arttiiiieeeee~
Once you get past all the blatantly sexual/violent parts, there's no comic left
Nah, we got Artie's struggle with cancer, Matt's struggle with his sexuality, more recently, all that drama with Melusine and Artie THE GIRL GETS STABBED BY HER OWN BROTHER , plus there's Joel and his family troubles. It's not that bad, you get numb to that stuff after a while... besides, we all love violence.
This is not a signature.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Enty wrote:...you get numb to that stuff after a while...
Desensitization is not generally considered a good thing, especially regarding gratuitous sex and violence.
Enty wrote:...besides, we all love violence.
This is not necessarily the case, especially for victims of violent crime. However, I realize you were probably excluding them.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Enty

Post by Enty »

Dissension wrote:
Desensitization is not generally considered a good thing, especially regarding gratuitous sex and violence.
Sure, but this IS a webcomic. You'll end up desensitized to it anyways if you browse throught the internet even.
Dissension wrote:This is not necessarily the case, especially for victims of violent crime. However, I realize you were probably excluding them.
I was referring to comedic violence. Though there are plenny of serious violence scenes....
This is not a signature.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Not that I dissent with any point of the bashing, but I think this thread isn't meant for that.[/minimod]
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*Slaps Liam with a large trout* Bad. Don't do that again. The /minimod in fact, does not make it okay...just slightly annoying. (And admittedly, maybe a chuckle. But please, no more.)

Okay, I see nothing wrong with mentioning comics that are above PG-13. However, we should avoid discussing comics above that rating, for obvious reasons. Stop talking about Concession; whenever that comic gets brought up, it usually ends up with me whapping someone over the head with a warning and telling everyone else to hush up.

So now? Hush up, and talk about another comic, please. Like, uh, has anyone heard of "Freefall?" Great sci-fi comic, though it can get a little technical at times.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Buckdida wrote:though it can get a little technical at times.
You say that as though it's a bad thing...

Anyway, Freefall is awesome
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

I'm now reading Twokinds... Really interesting...
See me on DeviantArt.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

RaptorAnton wrote:I'm now reading Twokinds... Really interesting...
Ah Twokinds, I've read a bit of it, but I couldn't get into it for some reason.
Make Pasta not war.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

I was planning on reading that pretty soon. It does look interesting.

@Icharus - thanks for listing Prelude. I absolutely love that comic. It's kind of sad that it's listed so low on all the top web comic sites. It deserves a lot more attention then it seems to be getting. But I'm glad to have found it. I just ordered the two DreamKeepers novels from them this morning. Really looking forward to getting those.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

YoruOokami wrote:
Eh, I didn't really think so, but, to each his own.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sketcherofstuff

Enty wrote:
Dissension wrote:
Sure, but this IS a webcomic. You'll end up desensitized to it anyways if you browse throught the internet even.
Dissension wrote:This is not necessarily the case, especially for victims of violent crime. However, I realize you were probably excluding them.
I was referring to comedic violence. Though there are plenny of serious violence scenes....
I really hate "comedic" deaths. The phrase contradicts itself anyway. I mean stuff like blades of glory or whatever, not "cartoon" tom and jerry violence. I see those as different.

Oh, yes, continue the current conversation.
Last edited by Sketcherofstuff on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here Comes The Fuzz
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Teh Brawler wrote:
YoruOokami wrote:
Eh, I didn't really think so, but, to each his own.
hehe, well, that was based on a quick look at a couple of the strips. I should say that the style looks interesting, I have no idea about the story yet. To me, the artistic value of a comic is as important as the story or the jokes, if not more so. If I don't like the look of a comic, I usually won't bother reading any of it, unless I have friends tell me that it's good, like xkcd. I hope that doesn't come across as being shallow, but I'm just very much interested in the artistic side of comics.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

YoruOokami wrote: hehe, well, that was based on a quick look at a couple of the strips. I should say that the style looks interesting, I have no idea about the story yet. To me, the artistic value of a comic is as important as the story or the jokes, if not more so. If I don't like the look of a comic, I usually won't bother reading any of it, unless I have friends tell me that it's good, like xkcd. I hope that doesn't come across as being shallow, but I'm just very much interested in the artistic side of comics.
I used to like Twokinds but lately I feel like it's become more about fanservice than story or characters. The main character has receded into the background and there's too much appeal to readers' ninja pirate robot cliche nowadays.... Besides which I personally think it's a little sexist, as well as not quite living up to its promise....

Not saying don't read it--you should see for yourself and form your own opinion, and anyway it had SOME things I like (I'm a discriminating webcomic reader myself)--but be warned.

And I don't think you're shallow at all, I'm the same way. That's why it took me so long to get into DMFA, because of the drawing style at the beginning....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

YoruOokami wrote:hehe, well, that was based on a quick look at a couple of the strips. I should say that the style looks interesting, I have no idea about the story yet. To me, the artistic value of a comic is as important as the story or the jokes, if not more so. If I don't like the look of a comic, I usually won't bother reading any of it, unless I have friends tell me that it's good, like xkcd. I hope that doesn't come across as being shallow, but I'm just very much interested in the artistic side of comics.
No, that's smart, it's lets you have an open mind. But as Chewy put it, I really feel like it's just one big fanservice. Also, the story isn't bad, but it becomes unecessarily convoluted with time. Of course, don't let me stop you from reading it.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

hmmm, that's too bad. Sounds like it is one of those comics that didn't know when it was time to wrap things up and call it quits. Oh well, I'll still give it a shot. If at least part of the archive is worth reading, then that's still worth the time.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

"Twokinds" story lasts for six (or is it seven already?) years, impressive, huh? And Author is sure that it's far away from the end.
I like this comic because:
1. I like the style - it's not always looks impressive, but it's always drawn with soul, I feel it.
After reading "About" section I realised two things:
2. This comic is really about racism, as I thought. (and not about sexism)
3. Author of this comic looks very similar to my best friend.
(Yeah, the third reason looks foolish, I know, But I realised this fact two minutes ago ;) )
See me on DeviantArt.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

RaptorAnton wrote:"Twokinds" story lasts for six (or is it seven already?) years, impressive, huh? And Author is sure that it's far away from the end.
I like this comic because:
1. I like the style - it's not always looks impressive, but it's always drawn with soul, I feel it.
After reading "About" section I realised two things:
2. This comic is really about racism, as I thought. (and not about sexism)
3. Author of this comic looks very similar to my best friend.
(Yeah, the third reason looks foolish, I know, But I realised this fact two minutes ago ;) )
Maybe your best friend is living a double life :P
And I agree, it does have an impressive style. I'll probably start reading the archives in the next week or so.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

YoruOokami wrote:I'll probably start reading the archives in the next week or so.
I'm a fastreader, just like Peanut, so I finished reading the whole archive in a day and a half. And now I'm reading it again from the very beginning. (Hey, do you save comics at your hard drive, or do you always read it online?)
p.s. And I'll try to keep myself from telling you "SOOO INTERESTING MOMENTS"
Note for Ebly: And saying "interesting" I really mean interesting, and not anything else, what is above PG-13.
See me on DeviantArt.
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

YoruOokami wrote:@Icharus - thanks for listing Prelude. I absolutely love that comic. It's kind of sad that it's listed so low on all the top web comic sites. It deserves a lot more attention then it seems to be getting. But I'm glad to have found it. I just ordered the two DreamKeepers novels from them this morning. Really looking forward to getting those.
You're welcome. Dave & Liz really do deserve more publicity than they get.
Glad you're going for the books, they're totally worth it imo; they leave you dying to read the third!
TwoKinds: may have to read it later, looks kind of interesting.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

RaptorAnton wrote:
YoruOokami wrote:I'll probably start reading the archives in the next week or so.
I'm a fastreader, just like Peanut, so I finished reading the whole archive in a day and a half. And now I'm reading it again from the very beginning. (Hey, do you save comics at your hard drive, or do you always read it online?)
p.s. And I'll try to keep myself from telling you "SOOO INTERESTING MOMENTS"
Note for Ebly: And saying "interesting" I really mean interesting, and not anything else, what is above PG-13.
I always save comics to my computer, but I prefer to re-read them on the web, as that way I don't have to mess with zooming in and out on every strip, which gets old. But I know they probably won't always be there, so I always save a copy too.
Icharus wrote:You're welcome. Dave & Liz really do deserve more publicity than they get.
Glad you're going for the books, they're totally worth it imo; they leave you dying to read the third!
TwoKinds: may have to read it later, looks kind of interesting.
hehe, yeah, I expect waiting for the third novel will be torture. Thankfully they finished the script for it recently, so hopefully it won't be too horribly long before it's out. But then it will be torture to wait for the 4th one :P
I just hope they're able to keep making it long enough to finish the entire story out.
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

TOASTY'S COMIC FTFW
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

The only other furry comic I really read is VG Cats. I sometimes skim over other ones, but I've never really sat and read through lots of them.

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

And now I'm reading the following furry comics:
FurthiaHigh
Faux Pas
Twokinds
Slightly Damned (Chu is the only author I know, who comunicates with her readers very often)
Catena Manor
Sequental Art (Well, not a die hard furry comic, but there are nice catgirls ;) and funny jokes)
Deck of Jokers (actually not a furry comic)
Of course, Housepets
-*-*-*-
And now I'm thinking about starting to read Basic Instructions Berofe Leaving the Earth - who can say anything 'bout this one? Is it interesting or not?
See me on DeviantArt.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I was able to catch up on a bunch of comics yesterday and on "Concession" they did a Halloween one and the thiem was web comics and I new that there would be a pair of characters that looked like someone from Housepets! And I was right! And I got to say its pretty cool that Immelmann likes Housepets! I would provide a link but I think I might get into some trouble if I do that. (Probably already in a bit of trouble already.)
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Cerberusx wrote:I was able to catch up on a bunch of comics yesterday and on "Concession" they did a Halloween one and the thiem was web comics and I new that there would be a pair of characters that looked like someone from Housepets! And I was right! And I got to say its pretty cool that Immelmann likes Housepets! I would provide a link but I think I might get into some trouble if I do that. (Probably already in a bit of trouble already.)
Guys from concession also borrowed Peanut's collar for one of FurthiaHigh characters. I mean, QuetzaDrake just said "hey, I borrowed this collar from one of Housepets comic characters" in his comment to the strip with a new character.
See me on DeviantArt.