Tell us about your Username

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Tell us about your Username

Post by Sleet »

Posting a lot is in my blood!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sleet wrote:Posting a lot is in my blood!
You and me both. And FoxstarHAHAHAHAHAAha...heh...
It was nice knowing y'all
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Mine's just a fusion of Megaman(I loved Battle Network and Starforce) and master(referring to my skill with video games). It's pretty much the one I use universally for forums.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Megamaster wrote:Mine's just a fusion of Megaman(I loved Battle Network and Starforce) and master(referring to my skill with video games). It's pretty much the one I use universally for forums.

Well MegaMan is awesome so =P But a master huh? We'll have to test that one day.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Tatsuo wrote:Well MegaMan is awesome so =P But a master huh? We'll have to test that one day.
Sorry I should have specified. I only have skills when it comes to RPGs. Action RPGs especially. I don't really play any other genre of game.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hlaoroo is one of my favourite characters from the book Watership Down by Richard Adams. The name in Lapine, the language of the Rabbits, means "a small depression in which water can collect such as that made by a daisy" or, more simply, Pipkin, which is a small wooden pot or bucket.

My favourite character was Fiver himself, aka Hrairoo. You might have seen me in the comments section of the Housepets website under that name or hrairoo5er. I did try to use that here too but for some reason I couldn't get it working so I became Hlaoroo instead.

The name has no real significance other than being characters from a book I love. I am still in the process of creating a fursona and my fursona, funnily enough, is an Eastern Quoll by the name of Furrhan Blackwood as I feel it fits me better than a rabbit, although rabbits will always have a special place in my heart thanks to Watership Down.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I still need to read those books sometime.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

It's not as obvious with your current avatar since you have an actual character now, Hlaoroo, but I remember when you first joined and used screenshots from the animated version as your avatars.

My username is short for "Kitchkinet", a Lenape (or Delaware) Indian word meaning "friend". It comes from my Boy Scout days; I was in the Order of the Arrow.

And yes, in places where I have used the full name, I have been called "kitchenette" as a joke. And before you try it, remember: I am a Mod. ;3

Kitch was originally a wolf when I came up with the character ca. 2001, but I ultimately decided being a wolf was too unoriginal. So I instead physically based him on my pet Rottweiler at the time, Rosco. The fur pattern I try to use for any art of him was based on him, too. That change was made in 2003, and his physical form and fur pattern were canonized by pieces of art I got of him by Jessie T. Wolf in 2004. :3
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Dylan, because that's my middle name! Nothing special here at all!
Make Pasta not war.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Kitch wrote:And yes, in places where I have used the full name, I have been called "kitchenette" as a joke. And before you try it, remember: I am a Mod. ;3
Kitchenette![/admin privilege]

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Check your privilege. :B
Dylan wrote:Dylan, because that's my middle name! Nothing special here at all!
Wait really, your middle name is Dylan? I just thought it was a fursona name!
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:Check your privilege. :B
Dylan wrote:Dylan, because that's my middle name! Nothing special here at all!
Wait really, your middle name is Dylan? I just thought it was a fursona name!
Yup, Pyxis is more of my Fursona name... (I made this account before I was a furry/Fursona stuff!) Though every time I use it people say "oh you watch attack on titan" I'm totally confused. :?
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well it's just Latin for "box!"

Though this Magic card from the newest expansion still makes me think of you!

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:Well it's just Latin for "box!"

Though this Magic card from the newest expansion still makes me think of you!

You already knew I knew what it meant. ;)

I'm just happy I snagged that name for minecraft before it was even popular.
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I know you know what it means, but they act like it's a unique term when it's really just a Latin word!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Did you know that many of the spells in Harry Potter are either fully Latin or are based on Latin words?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

My initials are CMF (Charles Matthew Farmer) and I through a 4 in there, because 4 is my favorite number.
So, there you have it, Cm4F
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Dissension wrote:
Kitch wrote:And yes, in places where I have used the full name, I have been called "kitchenette" as a joke. And before you try it, remember: I am a Mod. ;3
Kitchenette![/admin privilege]
That could be the genderbent version of your fursona!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

Funny story actually. I decided that the first dog that I get on my own I'm gonna name "Frenzy" so I tried changing the name to make it sound similar and PRESTO! Firenze was born! I thought it looked cool and original at the time... until I started getting so many questions where I got the name from. Apparently I've been told that Firenze is a character from Harry Potter (which I've read a bit of but never knew of the name's existence) as well as a city over in Europe (Florence I believe). A friend of mine even told me that it's the name of a women's Italian shoe company! I felt kinda stupid for being so uneducated about the name... but ahh well. It looks like I learned something new, haha.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Firenze wrote:Funny story actually. I decided that the first dog that I get on my own I'm gonna name "Frenzy" so I tried changing the name to make it sound similar and PRESTO! Firenze was born! I thought it looked cool and original at the time... until I started getting so many questions where I got the name from. Apparently I've been told that Firenze is a character from Harry Potter (which I've read a bit of but never knew of the name's existence) as well as a city over in Europe (Florence I believe). A friend of mine even told me that it's the name of a women's Italian shoe company! I felt kinda stupid for being so uneducated about the name... but ahh well. It looks like I learned something new, haha.
Yeah, it's funny, and so weird too. :P Firenze is one of the most famous and artistic cities here in Italy, Florence in English, indeed. I didn't know it being also the name of a shoes company and an Harry Potter's saga character name (it's a centaur), never been a fan of it.
There's always something new to learn in life. ;)
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

Indeed indeed. I see that there are quite a pawful of Italians around here on the forums, hehe. It's such a shame that I'm not a big fan of centaurs, but hmm... maybe it's telling me that I should go to Florence, Italy sometime in my life. I've always wanted to travel somewhere in Europe. :D
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

I wanted to keep my identity on this forum separate from my usual identity, but couldn't think of anything actually clever. So, I typed in the first thing that came to my mind...

Yeah. Yeah.
*cough*
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Technically, my username originally started as one of a few "cover" names I made up when a human character of mine on a freeform NWN customized RP server would change shape (via alchemy) to blend in and evade detection or unwanted attention from less friendly races. Therolyn was the name he adopted when he took the form of a member of a race of anthromorphic foxes that existed in the world. Shortly after adopting said form, a series of events left him cursed and eventually in an act of selflessness he sacrificed what he once was to ensure the safety of the place he had grown up in. I could explain it in better detail but its not important

The name was basically made up nearly on the spot at the spur of the moment.

Eventually after the character had been retired I began using the name as a username on some forums and games as it was never taken.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

The story of my username is quiet easy.
When I started to go around on the internet I was confronted with the question for a nickname - I think it was in a forum. Never thought of a nickname before, in games I always used my real name before, and now they are asking for a nickname. No idea what to write. So I simply pressed some keys without looking and searched for useable combinations. Earlier or late I found rener between the letters and played with it a little and Render was born.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
drebin896

Post by drebin896 »

Well it is easy for mine, I based it off the weapon launderers from Metal Gear Solid 4 all known as Drebin. Though that is not the reason in its entirety, i actually based my name off drebin893, yes he was ordered to help snake, i liked his magic tricks and mostly the fact that drebin893 never complains about his past.
It is better to apply time to a broad range of theories, than to regards all others disciplines as inconsequential.
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

ArcFlight wrote:...
*looks at name* ... *thud* ...... *wakes 5min later rubbing brick welt*
Bit of an aviation fan, thought flight would sound good with the right prefix. Arc came to mind and it sounded good. I have seriously only just now noticed arc, as in story arc. Now to figure out if that is a coincidence or subconsciously planted.
I think Arc might have came to mind because of a parabolic arc, like NASA's "Vomit Comet" fly's. Or, as quoted, my subconscious has more control over me than I would like. :?
Image Image
ɑːk flʌɪt - Posts more nauseating than the Vomit Comet
UT Mike 97

Post by UT Mike 97 »

The first part of my username is the abbreviation for my favorite video game series' title.
The second and third is just my name and birthdate. It's... not as creative as it could've been, but I try to include something in my real name in all of my usernames.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

UT Mike 97 wrote:The first part of my username is the abbreviation for my favorite video game series' title.
The second and third is just my name and birthdate. It's... not as creative as it could've been, but I try to include something in my real name in all of my usernames.
You don't always have to worry about being that creative with a username. Heck your username is a lot more creative then most people's I've seen really.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

My Favorite metalcore band is called Avenged Sevenfold, and the drummer for them, whose name was James (Jimmy)Owen Sullivan, Stage name Reverend Tholomew Plague, or The Rev for short; Died in 2009 due to complications stemming from a big heart (literally, enlarged heart, he had to take medicine for it). He had his own band called Pinkly Smooth, which was an experimental metal band (try them out!) and the name he took for that band was RatHead/Rathead/Rat Head. So my username is a tribute to the greatest drummer of all time.

R.I.P. man, have fun as the Knife Master in the forest \m/

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

He was good but his temporary replacement was better. :P

I think it's cool your name is a musical tribute though!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

How much of their music have you listened to? And do you know what innovations he made/things he invented for the world of drumming? and besides, Portnoy (Mike Portnoy, "the guy who "replaced" him" which can NEVER be done) was a drummer that he loved and part of the reason he started!

and thank you.

HP! Messenger
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

I'm a 3rd generation Norwegian immigrant to the US, and "Muninn" is a figure in Old Norse mythology. It's kind of my homage to where my ancestors are from :)
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Kewl!

HP! Messenger
Crux

Post by Crux »

There were two reasons why I chose my username,

First is pretty easy, it's based on the constellation Crux, one of the first constellations I've come to be familiar with. Every night I'd look up and try too look for it (though it doesn't come up as frequently as I hope it would be.)

The second reason is because it's a tribute to a friend, whom I haven't gotten in touch with for a long time. He was one of the best buds I had.
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

Jrodsqod. One of the weirdest names you will ever come across on the internet.

My name is Jared. (the J part)
My classmates from elementary all the way through high school nicknamed me J-rod because that's what I was called when I used to play little league baseball. (Like A-Rod Alex Rodriguez) My last name is NOT Rodriguez, but J-rod is what stuck for all those years. :)
The "Sqod" part is basically a simplification of the word "squad", and I tacked it on the end when a couple friends and I didn't know what to name our multiplayer COD/Halo group way back when. Hence: The J-rod Squad. (I wasn't the leader, and didn't play much, but they all voted on it)
I switched the "ua" in squad with the O later on so it would sound the same, as well as look aesthetically pleasing and match the rest of the name a lil bit.

I've been using this for any forum/multiplayer login for the past eight years and I love it! :3
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

My username's (and also artist name) story is quite weird... the cause of it, is Metal Slug 3.

The place where i used to go in vacation (not anymore for some reason) had a beach with a Metal Slug 3 cabinet. Every year it was there. I'm a fan of this series, so i couldn't avoid to play it, at least once per week... and i usually sign an high score, so i decided to put the initials of my name: STE.

One day, i made a mistake, and i put STU (since the U is immediately after the T, is easy to fall for it). I felt a little embarrassed, since i thought "everyone will read it as 'STUPID'". But surprisingly (that one time no one was watching my game), everyone there started to say "Woah, there's a new competitor called STU! Hey Ste, watch it, he's near to steal your crown!". It was even weirder when that day, everyone saw me as i signed the rank 1st as STU. My answer "I'm so strong i had to create a rival, y'know"

That day everyone started to call me Stu... it felt nice actually. I feel is quite better than Ste. Than i decided to keep it as my nickname here and there, than to use it as my artist name... then, well, Stu was quite short and generic, so i've added an "Artist" immediately before, mutated in the wordplay "Arty", so now i'm Arty Stu, but that's another story

So, in short, this is the story of my username, here and in life
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Zrip

Post by Zrip »

_Stu_ wrote:My username's (and also artist name) story is quite weird... the cause of it, is Metal Slug 3.

The place where i used to go in vacation (not anymore for some reason) had a beach with a Metal Slug 3 cabinet. Every year it was there. I'm a fan of this series, so i couldn't avoid to play it, at least once per week... and i usually sign an high score, so i decided to put the initials of my name: STE.

One day, i made a mistake, and i put STU (since the U is immediately after the T, is easy to fall for it). I felt a little embarrassed, since i thought "everyone will read it as 'STUPID'". But surprisingly (that one time no one was watching my game), everyone there started to say "Woah, there's a new competitor called STU! Hey Ste, watch it, he's near to steal your crown!". It was even weirder when that day, everyone saw me as i signed the rank 1st as STU. My answer "I'm so strong i had to create a rival, y'know"

That day everyone started to call me Stu... it felt nice actually. I feel is quite better than Ste. Than i decided to keep it as my nickname here and there, than to use it as my artist name... then, well, Stu was quite short and generic, so i've added an "Artist" immediately before, mutated in the wordplay "Arty", so now i'm Arty Stu, but that's another story

So, in short, this is the story of my username, here and in life
I wouldn't call it weird, but that's an interesting story to your username, Stu.

Mine is boring: I'm kind of obsessed with using the letter Z when it comes to naming things, so I wanted to include it somehow when I came up with this username. So I took the easy route and just used the first three letters of my last name (which starts with Z) and added a letter. Which is the extra letter? I'll leave that up to you to figure out. XD
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

H?
Zrip

Post by Zrip »

Sleet wrote:H?
*Le GASP!* How did you know? It was supposed to be the invisible letter of my username!
(... I'm kind of uncreative if you ask me but it's all in good fun~) :3
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person
Prof

Post by Prof »

Prof is my nickname. The reason why it was given to me is lost in the mists of history, but practically everyone calls me that, even my brothers.

When I created my first account on a furry page (the old FurNation, back in 2007) I was tempted to use something more fitting the environment, like "Somethingfur" or "Whateverclaw". But I sign all my drawings with "Prof" and the account was mainly for opening a gallery, so I used that. And I still do, wherever it isn't already taken.
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery