The Death of Scooby Doo!?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

The Death of Scooby Doo!?

Post by copper »

I was watching comic book superhero stuff on Disney, when a commercial came on that scarred me and ruined my childhood. I feel compelled to share this with you all, but be warned: If you hold nostalgia or Scooby Doo dear, then do not read these links...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/25490181

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/08/ ... et-talent/

It is a DVD release only for Wal Mart stores.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: The Death of Scooby Doo!?

Post by Esper »

I'm sorry but I can't deal with scooby puppets. No please
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

A Puppet Named Scooby-Doo
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Its hideous! Maybe they ran out of ideas for bad direct-to-video movies. Since they cut the animation budgets on them and let them go down hill after "Cyber Chase".

How about Scooby-Doo by way of "The Walking Dead"?

"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Many people use those pics on profiles on the IPod app "Please stay calm", though I suppose some kind of character death from our childhood is inevitable.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Guh. I'm still waiting for the second season of Mystery Incorporated. That show was awesome.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

<slowclaps>
Well done, Corporate Executives. Once again, you've ruined the childhoods of millions.
</slowclaps>
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

It's a group of crazy hippie guys and a crazy semi-talking Great Dane, That's already ridiculous from the very beginning!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

So long as they're solving mysteries, and it's well made, I don't mind.

If you want to see a real destruction of a once-awesome show, check out "Teen Titans Go!". They took everything cool about "Teen Titans!" and got rid of it. It used to have talent behind the IP. Now it's just the IP...
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

I don't even like Scooby Doo and I still find this awful.

Still not as bad as when they made Thomas the Tank Engine CGI though. *shudder*
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Some people don't dream anymore. They just wish to earn their livelihood, even if it is through the abuse and exploitation of succesful franchises.

The problem is not only the developers, but also the consumers. So long as someone demands the product, someone will develop it, and as long as the developed product is consumed, its development will continue.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Silly Zealot wrote:Some people don't dream anymore. They just wish to earn their livelihood, even if it is through the abuse and exploitation of succesful franchises.

The problem is not only the developers, but also the consumers. So long as someone demands the product, someone will develop it, and as long as the developed product is consumed, its development will continue.
To some degree, it's only the consumers fault. Why make original IP when movies that have a lot of cool CGI and explosions sell so well?

That being said, when the consumer is typically children, you really don't need to try hard. Just do a lot of advertising, and show one of their favourite characters...maybe sell a toy...
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Some people don't dream anymore. They just wish to earn their livelihood, even if it is through the abuse and exploitation of succesful franchises.

To some degree, it's only the consumers fault. Why make original IP when movies that have a lot of cool CGI and explosions sell so well?

That being said, when the consumer is typically children, you really don't need to try hard. Just do a lot of advertising, and show one of their favourite characters...maybe sell a toy...
Exactly. If we stop going to see bad movies, they will stop making bad movies.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:

Exactly. If we stop going to see bad movies, they will stop making bad movies.
The problem is, there needs to be enough of a hit from it for them to stop making movies. That means that the movie needs to not make back it's budget or stuff and more often then not, there's enough people out there who will go to see a movie -anyway- just for the heck of it. This more often then not sends a mixed message for the makers of the movie and they end up figuring that it was liked, therefor they will go and see more of it. Because believe it or not, even if a movie gets panned in reviews and message boards online, enough people will still go and see it. Sometimes there's just no easy way to make a point, which is a shame because Scooby Doo is a IP which if used correctly could be very good. Last time I was watching it anyway, the latest 'reboot' or such, it didn't look half bad, but I more then often don't keep up on shows anymore, so..