Anyone interested in an online iq test?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

zero

Anyone interested in an online iq test?

Post by zero »

http://www.iqtest-center.com/startIQ_Test.php
I did this one and I got a score of a 116.
JeffCvt

Re: Anyone interested in an online iq test?

Post by JeffCvt »

Moved into the correct section.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't put much stock into online IQ tests. They're not known for their accuracy. I was fortunate enough to get a real one so I don't even need to.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

On the day this thread was posted, I went about a quarter of the way through it on my phone. It seems to focus exclusively on pattern recognition.

Also, Sleet, hush, some of us weren't so lucky and can't wave around our genius flags. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
zero

Post by zero »

@sleet some ones are very accurate. like the online mensa iq tests. I had an official iq test done when I was 11 or 12 years old. I got a little over the average. dunno the score but I'm guessing little over the average means a score of ~110
@dissension it is based on pattern recognition because is it a culture fair/free iq test. I get lower scores on iq tests that have questions that only people from certain countries would know (like unscrambling certain english words, cities,..etc) and because I'm not an american nor is english my first language I get lower scores on those type of iq tests. that's the reason why real iq test feature only pattern recognition.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Average is 100 and standard deviation is 15, so 110 is a pretty good guess as what "A little over average" would be.

The problem with online IQ tests is they can't be adequately standardized, or they emphasize certain types of thinking over others.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

zero wrote:http://www.iqtest-center.com/startIQ_Test.php
I did this one and I got a score of a 116.
I've quitted this test the moment it started showing many tests of "pick the missing part of the square" and it showed many option of blank parts with just one possible answer.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The test gave me a 124. *shrug*
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

I thought that pattern recognition was only meant to be one part of an IQ test? Anyway, I got 112.
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

You see, here is my issue with online IQ tests...

http://www.iqtest-center.com/iq-scores.php (When linking this,

Sure, maybe only people with above average or higher average IQ want to take IQ tests...or maybe the tests just makes everyone unfairly higher. Apparently my IQ is 126, but I imagine it'll be a lot lower if I were to take a real IQ test.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I got a 128 (significantly lower than my actual IQ) and I don't believe I got a single one wrong. The test was only over one thing, too. I don't particularly trust it.
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Most IQ tests are unreliable in the sense that in a lot of cases they fail to accurately and quantitatively determine a rather qualitative aspect of a person.

IQ tests are also on a sliding scale to account for increases in education level for the current generation. You could hardly expect someone from the early 1900's to do as well on a modern IQ test as they did on a test appropriate for their time period. The "normalization" happens after the current year's test has been administered to unsure the data fits the nice bell curve they are looking for.

The test is normalized so the mean score is 100, and then there is a thing called standard deviation which places 95% of the TESTED population (-2 SD - +2 SD) with scores ranging from 70-130. The remaining 2.5% on either side are for the truly extraordinary.

There are plenty of varying theories on the intangible subject of "intelligence" which is proof enough nobody has a clear cut picture of the nature of intelligence. It cannot be viewed as an indication of future success or aptitude since various other un-testable factors enter the equation. In the same way it should not view this test as a means to an end, show the world what you can do.

Ability X Effort = Success

You need both to succeed.
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.