Happy Halloween 2012

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Radio Blue Heart

Happy Halloween 2012

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I guess its not been a very happy Halloween has it?

Rick is ill and everyone within a thousand miles of the east coast has been hit by abysmal weather.

For me personally, I did get to go to a party on Saturday. It was really fun and I got to see my friends. But, I worked late today and missed most of the festivities. Better luck next year, I guess.

Soon Halloween will be over. Bring on Guy Fawkes Day!

But for those of you who had a go Halloween. Enjoy! But, remember what this night is for. Dressing up in costumes, giving out candy, carving jack o'lanterns, these traditions were started to protect us. Its this night that the walls that separate our world from the world of the dead becomes its thinnest. When our ancestors come back to warm themselves by our fires and to check up on us. But the malevolent also come upon us, so we have to trick them and scare them off. This night is about respecting the dead. Especially at that hour between midnight and one. The hour that belongs to the dead.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
MapleRatty

Re: Happy Halloween 2012

Post by MapleRatty »

I just got back from t&t(I know Im to old), but everybody STOPS at 8!!!
TN is weird, the most candy I got was at a church....which considering Halloween's lrigins, is fitting!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I guess we could say that Hurricane Sandy gave us one heck of a Devil's Night.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Happy Halloween, everyone. And I didn't know Rick was sick! D: I'm behind on the comics...
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I had fun on Halloween. I went as a mercenary(complete with a biker hat from Russia, a cheap dollar store gun, a fancy leather jacket, and shoes for smashing peoples faces in)
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I admit, it was a slow halloween. I would normally post about it, but this year I didn't say much. It wasn't bad, I just wasn't into the spirit of things this year as much as i wanted to be.

However, i did watch The Walking Dead, so that helps =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I went to a party the Friday before and had a lot of fun. As for Saturday, I stayed home with my mom, my sister came over (and my grandma briefly), and we had pizza and handed out candy to all three groups of trick-or-treaters. <.< And we watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown on TV.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I loved Charlie Brown's Pumpkin too, but not as much as Garfield. Use to watch them all the time with my mom <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I spent Halloween at school. :3
We live deep enough in the forest, and in a random out of the way neighborhood that trick-or-treaters don't exist in my location.