tv shows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Saturn381

Re: tv shows

Post by Saturn381 »

So I just finished watching Cartoon Network's Over the Garden Wall on YouTube, and it was great!
Deske

Post by Deske »

I don't know if it was a tv show, but it has interlude clips so I'd assume so. But I'm about 5 episodes away from finishing Trigun.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I watched the miniseries "Generation War" and it is just was harrowing and soul crushing as I had imagined it would be. That doesn't mean its bad. Its so well made that it has that effect on you.

I have only recently discovered the joys of "Gravity Falls". I thought it was going to be dull like most shows that Disney has produced but I found out that it is brilliant and I am now addicted to it.

I have started getting back into "Adventure Time".

And, I finally finished season one of "Hannibal". It was an excellent show and ended on a cliffhanger. I desperately need to see the next season to see how it resolves.

Its been a long time since I have watched "The Walking Dead" and I need to get caught up on it.

I got some more episodes of "Masters of Horror". "Pelts" by Dario Argento was definitely the best. "Pick Me Up" was alright and "Deer Woman" was really good.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't watch Ben 10 Omniverse. I'm sorry. It just sucks so bad. They undid everything from AF/UA and flanderized everything. I can't take anything seriously on that show.
Liam

Post by Liam »

InDaZone1219 wrote:The season 3 finale of The Legend of Korra was both awesome and devastating at the same time...
And the season 4 finale was just plain awesome!
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I got some more episodes of "Masters of Horror". "Pelts" by Dario Argento was definitely the best. "Pick Me Up" was alright and "Deer Woman" was really good.
Deer Woman was a really funny piece of horror comedy. I also strongly recommend Cigarette Burns by John Carpenter because, well, John Carpenter, folks. This man knows how to direct. Very creepy episode starring Walking Dead/Silent Hills guy.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Radio Blue Heart

Liam wrote:
InDaZone1219 wrote:The season 3 finale of The Legend of Korra was both awesome and devastating at the same time...
And the season 4 finale was just plain awesome!
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I got some more episodes of "Masters of Horror". "Pelts" by Dario Argento was definitely the best. "Pick Me Up" was alright and "Deer Woman" was really good.
Deer Woman was a really funny piece of horror comedy. I also strongly recommend Cigarette Burns by John Carpenter because, well, John Carpenter, folks. This man knows how to direct. Very creepy episode starring Walking Dead/Silent Hills guy.

Oh, yes. I have seen that one. It also has one of my favorite German actors Udo Kier. They also reference the Argento film "Suspiria" in which Kier was featured. I saw "Cigarette Burns" paired with Stuart Gordon's episode "Dreams in the Witch House".

I am getting deeper and deeper into "Gravity Falls". Its incredible.
-Virgil
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (on DVD)
Castle
Regular Show
Get Smart
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle(1980's version)
Star Trek
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Psych
Blue Bloods
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
As Time Goes By
Perry Mason
Murder, She Wrote
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I just watched the Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary special, and it was great!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember the 1987 TMNT. I liked that show a lot when I watched it on YouTube! I loved whenever one of the turtles got a pie in the face!
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Blue Heart

I've been watching the sketch comedy show "The Kids in the Hall". I remember watching reruns of it as a kid and it is still funny as ever.
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm interested in this new NBC show called "The Slap". Sounds interesting.
Radio Blue Heart

Since I found out that Invader Zim is being brought back as a comic I have been rewatching the whole series and I forgot how sweet this show is!
-Virgil
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Digimon. Digital Monsters. Digimon are the champions.

Can't wait for the third season that's coming around the corner.

http://digimon-adventure.net/

saw some of the 40th anniversary of SNL as well. was awesome.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anybody here watch Gordon Ramsey's show H*lls Kitchen?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

No, but I watch Master Chef Junior - he doesn't curse in that one. ^^
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Meh its not the same without him swearing. :mrgreen:
Radio Blue Heart

I just found out that "Road Rovers" has received a DVD release. I was wondering how long it would take.
-Virgil
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wow. One of my friends from work showed me that there is a show called Mike Tyson Mysteries. A Cartoon made by the same guys that made Venture Bros. As you can guess, very grown-up humor in it, but wow.

I only got a kick out of it after someone showing me Mike Tyson actually voices himself on the show. And him punching civilians, including an old lady, in order to rescue a little girl.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I've been watching Samurai Pizza Cats...
I love it.
Panda Panda Panda
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I just finished up The Wire and every Monday I watch Game of Thrones on my smartphone. Those are pretty much the only shows that I've been currently watching, other then that, I don't watch much TV.
Radio Blue Heart

I found online some episodes of a show called "Scorch". Its about a 1300 dragon (portrayed by a puppet) waking up after being asleep for 100 years. He lives with an actor and his daughter, acting as the actor's "puppet". The jokes will make you groan more than laugh but it has the novelty of having a dragon as one of the main characters. They made six episodes but only aired three of them.

I just heard that they are planning to turn "The Evil Dead" into a television show.
-Virgil
deep winter

Post by deep winter »

Criminal minds
Flashpoint(finished)
Burn notice
Cosmos: A space tomeI odyssey
Through the wormhole
Nova
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Do animes count?

Blood blockade battefront, BONES studio + Yasuhiro Nightow of Trigun fame make for an excellent anime.
Knights of Sidonia, sci fi harem with aliens and cyborgs, slice of life crossed with scary mecha fights with aliens. Amazing 3-D animation.
All your acorns are belong to us.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Punchy wrote:I've been watching Samurai Pizza Cats...
I love it.
I agree. Love that show. I've also been watching River Monsters, Gunsmoke, and The Match Game.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Radio Blue Heart

George A. Romero is going to adapt his zombie comic "Empire of the Dead" into a television series. I'm excited for this. I had read that years ago their was an attempt to turn his film "Night of the Living Dead" into a television series. Hopefully this one will come to fruition. I know that people are going to say that they are cashing in on "The Walking Dead", but there would be not "The Walking Dead" if it was not for Romero's films. Character driven drama combined with graphic violence.
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I know that people are going to say that they are cashing in on "The Walking Dead"
Well of course they are, but that doesn't mean it'll be a lazy adaptation or a rip-off. It just means the executives are only doing it cause they know they'll make money.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I know that people are going to say that they are cashing in on "The Walking Dead"
Well of course they are, but that doesn't mean it'll be a lazy adaptation or a rip-off. It just means the executives are only doing it cause they know they'll make money.
I know. But you know how some people are sometimes. I remember once I was watching "Escape From New York" and one of my roommates' friends made the comment "OMG! This movie, like, rips off Metal Gear Solid!" I felt a huge amount of nerd rage but there is no proper way to behave in those situations.

In other news I have heard that AMC is going to turn Garth Ennis' comic "Preacher" into a series, and "Tales From The Dark Side" is probably going to be rebooted.
-Virgil
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I really don't watch a ton of TV but being home for the summer and having cable is making me get really into the Eric Andre show. He's pretty much a genius

GameCobra wrote:Wow. One of my friends from work showed me that there is a show called Mike Tyson Mysteries. A Cartoon made by the same guys that made Venture Bros. As you can guess, very grown-up humor in it, but wow.

I only got a kick out of it after someone showing me Mike Tyson actually voices himself on the show. And him punching civilians, including an old lady, in order to rescue a little girl.
I really like the few episodes I've seen. It's definitely got a unique charm to it. :x
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:In other news I have heard that AMC is going to turn Garth Ennis' comic "Preacher" into a series, and "Tales From The Dark Side" is probably going to be rebooted.
Oh, "Tales From The Dark Side", wow, I have some of the first ones they made on VHS, I still prefer "The Twilight Zone". "The Outer Limits" Also come to mind, but as for those kind of shows that's about it. Does anyone know any other good ones like that.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't watch Ben 10 Omniverse. I'm sorry. It just sucks so bad. They undid everything from AF/UA and flanderized everything. I can't take anything seriously on that show.
I must say that I agree with the above statement.

On the other hand Adventure Time is really heating up, everything is finally coming into place.
Season 4 of Legend of Korra started out really sluggish but I loved it by the end.
I miss Invader Zim it was so......unique.
I have been watching all of the old Cheers and Get Smart episodes and there very funny, I do love how light hearted yet violent the get smart show was, mass murder was made hilarious by the wacky gadgets used to do it. Everything was a hidden phone, I kid you not the hidden phones were endless.
I haven't seen Game of Thrones but I have read the first three books and am onto the fourth. Has anybody watched the show and the books? If you have which one do yo think is better?
I can't wait for season 9 of Doctor Who or season 7 of Adventure Time.
Last edited by IdleCurator on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Hi Pie
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:I do love how light hearted yet violent the get smart show was, mass murder was made hilarious by the wacky gadgets used to do it. Everything was a hidden phone, I kid you not the hidden phones were endless.
The balloon phone just might be my favourite one out of them all.
Panda Panda Panda
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Punchy wrote: The balloon phone just might be my favorite one out of them all.
I think mine was the phone book, it was so obvious that it was incognito.
Here are some wacky get smart phones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWhljf7tY_c
Hi Hi Pie
Radio Blue Heart

The first photos of "Ash Vs The Evil Dead" have been released!

-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All I can say is THANK God I am almost done with Ben 10: Omnivores.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

I've been trying to catch up on the anime series One Piece for 8 months now, and i'm still not caught up!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

DigitalBrave3 wrote:I've been trying to catch up on the anime series One Piece for 8 months now, and i'm still not caught up!
Would you recommend it?
What anime genre is it? Comedy, action, extremely violent, light hearted, romantic, supernatural, sad etc.
Hi Hi Pie
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:
DigitalBrave3 wrote:I've been trying to catch up on the anime series One Piece for 8 months now, and i'm still not caught up!
Would you recommend it?
What anime genre is it? Comedy, action, extremely violent, light hearted, romantic, supernatural, sad etc.
Yes, I would recommend it. It is kind of a combination of about every genre of Anime. Some comedy, some action, some light hearted moments, some sad moments, some violent moments, some supernatural elements with the whole "Devil Fruit" gimmick, some Slice-of-Life elements. even Mecha! Again, it basically has everything. It will be up to 700 episodes this weekend if I am remembering the current episode count right, so it will be quite a bit of work to get caught up. (The show has been ongoing for about 16 years now if I am correct and is also the largest veiwership out of any show on Japanese television, if that is correct, that means it is the most popular television program in Japan)
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Today I found out that the number of episodes of the new season of Twin Peaks will be 18, originally it was said to be 9.
Also, they will start filming it this September, I believe, and it's not scheduled to air until 2017.

I'm still very excited.
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Finally finished watching the horror that is Ben 10: Omniverse!

Seriously, how did we go from Ben 10, Alien Force, Ultimate Alien to this dreck?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As of recently I've been watching Mr. Robot and further neglecting my friends wishes for me to start seeing The Walking Dead and The Game of Thrones.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!