The Car Thread

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Alastair

Re: What's Your Favorite Car?

Post by Alastair »

To Challenger01:

Aw man, that Mustang is beautiful! Did you restore it yourself?
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

My jaw just fell onto the floor. That Mustang is spectacular... The Cuda is unbelieveable... I never saw a Cuda on the road before. Nice cars guys... I really envy those cars...

That Outback of yours seems to be in great shape, yoyodude. Looks to be an 02 Outback LLBean? I believe the gold tone on the bottom means that its an LLBean.... At least the 2004 LLBean has a gold bottom. Though that one is solid gold, not two toned.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

All of my pictures came straight offa Google Images, to be honest.

The outback is 2001. looks the same though.

The Deuce and a half looked a bit different. Didn't have camo paint, it was just flat green.

The AAR looks pretty much exactly the same except the black hood is more matte looking.

EDIT: Here's the actual one:

EDIT EDIT: Since my computer is slow and I can't let this precious time when photobucket is actually loading go to waste, this used to be "my favorite vehicle I actually OWN": I got rid of it because it didn't fit my needs. I snowboard. I need something that won't slide 100 feet once you touch something even remotely wet >_<.

2003 v6 mustang:

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

That Cuda is amazing man... Im impressed. How many miles are on that thing? Fully restored? Looks to be in great shape!

Those V6 Mustangs are pretty good. Its a shame you got rid of it. Fun car, but not aplicable to your uses I guess. Was it a stick? The GT Mustang is pretty good, sounds amazing, fast, tons of torque... Its a blast to drive!
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

The 'Cuda is in really good condition, and I believe it's mileage is relatively low (though we don't care, we actually drive it. No garage queens here!). I'll have to ask the owner, my mom's boyfriend, for more info ;) .

The Mustang was a fun car. Would've kept it if it had more horsepower... or 4wd... or standard transmission... or room for 3 friends... and their snowboards, bags, and antics. Unfortunately it really didn't cater to my needs. Luckily if I want to drive a fun car, my dad has a 2011 5.0 V8 mustang:

Is it me, or am I surrounded by awesome cars? How is it that i still drive an outback :P
Last edited by yoyodude on Sat May 07, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

That mustang is gorgeous! :shock: I like that red interior with the gray paint a lot.
And yes, you are surrounded by awesome cars, but Outbacks are awesome too.
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Man, thats the way it should be... Owning a car, not caring about milage, and enjoying it. Dont garage that Cuda! Its too beautyful to just have it sit in a room under a cover!

The new 5.0 Mustang is pretty sweet, eh! I love that car... Its just all around amazing to drive... Also, the red interior is quite awesome!

I sure wish I could own some of the cars you are surrounded by... geez, that must be so cool. You said it right man, you are surrounded my awsome cars!
Retinq

Post by Retinq »

Shho13 wrote:Man, thats the way it should be... Owning a car, not caring about milage, and enjoying it.
Precer Bioracer Biomass Powered Car

By David Jackson

The Precer Group is a Swedish company developing biomass powerplants. These aren't the kinds of powerplants you might be thinking of however, their solutions have been put to use in cars, boats, machinery and even homes! They released a biofuel series hybrid vehicle called the Bioracer which looks quite impressive... and fun. The powertrain consists of a wood pellet burner which acts as the heat source for a Stirling engine generator. The Stirling engine charges the traction batteries, which in turn drive an electric motor to power the Bioracer. Precer is also experimenting with steam turbines and claims to have a new engine concept under development that could replace the stirling engine currently in use.
(me:huh? why? a good stirling engine is more efficient, second only to electric engines, and it doesn't need water. :? )

The Bioracer is a 900 pound off-road vehicle with dual A-arm suspension in the front and swingarm suspension in the rear, much like an ATV or sand rail. The vehicle is powered by a 16 hp electric motor and is available with 2 or 4 wheel drive. Energy is stored in a 24 to 96 volt, 100 to 400 amp-hour battery pack depending on the customer's specifications, providing up to 3 hours of driving on battery power alone. The Stirling engine consumes 3 to 6 pounds of wood pellets to provide enough charge for 10 miles of driving, also depending on configuration. :shock:

Precer's goal is to significantly improve the economy and environmental aspects of vehicles today, by using environmental biofuel that is compatible with all future vehicle requirements. The biomass drivetrain Precer has developed can be adapted for use in any modern vehicle, with the advantages that once switched over to wood pellets as fuel, consumers are able to leverage domestic raw materials that do not require refining or shipping, reducing our dependence on foreign oil. It's a neat concept and the company has been doing well for many years.

With the chassis of the Hammerhead. EPIC WIN! :D But where are the wood pellets stored? :?
Actually, its RETINQ. See, Retinq. Q.

Post by Alastair »

That's a really cool machine, Reting. Do you have any more info on it, like the price?
------------------

Retinq

Post by Retinq »

Data Sheet.
Youtube video.
The power output (correct me if i have to rephrase this one) is a 16 hp electric motor. A 20 hp electric forklift engine can do this: LR Challenge part 1 Later it destroyed the drivetrain. :lol:

Because there are multiple configurations available, i couldn't find a price, though someone said its the same as a regular car. You can ask them in e-mail if you are really interested. Homepage.

Post by Challenger01 »

Okay, here's a funny story about my car.

I got it for 5 grand, and it was restored for me, here's why.

The guy who sold it to me originally restored it as a gift for his 16 year old son. The son told the Dad that he wanted a truck instead, I think he wanted a Dodge Ram, or something. Either way, I told the guy I'd buy it outright for 5,000 bucks and sure enough, he sold it to me. He put in 20,000 dollars to restore it! I got an amazing deal.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Retinq wrote:Data Sheet.
Youtube video.
The power output (correct me if i have to rephrase this one) is a 16 hp electric motor. A 20 hp electric forklift engine can do this: LR Challenge part 1 Later it destroyed the drivetrain. :lol:

Because there are multiple configurations available, i couldn't find a price, though someone said its the same as a regular car. You can ask them in e-mail if you are really interested. Homepage.

Thanks, Reting. I'll check it out.
------------------

Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I can't really give one specific car to post here, but I'm fond of Saturn, Honda, and Toyota.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Okay. Here's a car that you'll like.

Honda NSX-R....
Attachments
Honda_NSX_R_08.jpg
Honda_NSX_R_08.jpg (136.62 KiB) Viewed 20703 times
------------------

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Here's a picture of my ride... :mrgreen:

It also has ~230,000 miles on it...
Attachments
This is all I've done to it since last year.<br /><br />JVC 200w stereo<br />Powerstop high performance drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads<br />SPECTRE high flow air filter<br />DC Sports exhaust muffler<br />Painted rim inlays.
This is all I've done to it since last year.

JVC 200w stereo
Powerstop high performance drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads
SPECTRE high flow air filter
DC Sports exhaust muffler
Painted rim inlays.
DSCN0319.JPG (204.5 KiB) Viewed 20687 times
------------------

Retinq

Post by Retinq »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Need I say more?
Yesss! I love it! But the real breakthrough will be the nanopipe batteries.

This was my father's car:
Alfa Romeo 75
Rear wheel drive, the gearbox was in the rear. -> Great balance. It had independent suspension and it was the most comfortable car i've ever sat in. It had a 2.0 "twin spark" (bi-turbo) engine. Hmm, i guess i should just link to the specs.
The reason that Alfa Romeo had financial problems was that they wanted to make the best cars, what resulted in high price.
Last edited by Retinq on Sun May 29, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Shho13 »

Holy cow, TougeFox! Your Outback looks like it has been well taken care of, the body looks like it has no more than 75K on it, seems tough to think that it has 230,000!!!! Its beautyful man, well worth the wait from the shop. Its great to have old relyable back! Looking sweet man... I cant wait to hear what your exhuast sounds like...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Shho13 wrote:Holy cow, TougeFox! Your Outback looks like it has been well taken care of, the body looks like it has no more than 75K on it, seems tough to think that it has 230,000!!!! Its beautyful man, well worth the wait from the shop. Its great to have old relyable back! Looking sweet man... I cant wait to hear what your exhuast sounds like...
Thanks, man! I'm glad you like it! I try to take REALLY good care of it. I was going to post a picture of the back so you could see the exhaust, but I forgot to cover the liscense plate... :lol: I'll get on that tommorrow, and I will figure out a way to show you what it sounds like.
------------------

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Okay. Here's a car that you'll like.

Honda NSX-R....
Huh. I actually kind of like that car. =3
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Beagle wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Okay. Here's a car that you'll like.

Honda NSX-R....
Huh. I actually kind of like that car. =3
:mrgreen: Glad you like it. You should check it out on youtube, their really cool.

To shho13: This is picture of the back so you can see the exhaust.
Attachments
DSCN0318.JPG
DSCN0318.JPG (177.53 KiB) Viewed 20647 times
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Thats awesome man... The tip of the exhaust looks brand new! Must sound amazing...

Also, that windshield wiper, the shape of it, hmmm... I believe they sell those at Costco! (My mom gets her windshield wipers there too!) Costco rules! They have the best hot dogs!

Anyway, your Outback is really nice TougeFox... Its cool your car gets to drive in its native environment, dirt roads!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Shho13 wrote:Thats awesome man... The tip of the exhaust looks brand new! Must sound amazing...

Also, that windshield wiper, the shape of it, hmmm... I believe they sell those at Costco! (My mom gets her windshield wipers there too!) Costco rules! They have the best hot dogs!

Anyway, your Outback is really nice TougeFox... Its cool your car gets to drive in its native environment, dirt roads!

Thanks, shho! It does sound pretty tight. It's not too loud, but it's loud enough. :mrgreen: I actually got those wipers at Advanced Auto Parts. I don't know if we have Costco's in Kentucky or not, but it sounds like a pretty cool place!

And yeah, this car finds it's niche pretty easily here. There's dirt roads everywhere... Even alot of the paved roads are in poor shape. :lol:
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Its allright man, I love subarus, that's why I work for them! They are probably the most al-around car manufacturer. You can go from pavement to dirt to rock roads, and have the confidence to know that you are in full control. I love watching rally racing! That is real racing in my opinion., becaue they go everywhere! From dirt to pavement to snow all in one race!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Yeah! Rally racing is so cool! THAT is racing. There's not much that competes with it.
------------------

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Okay, here's an interior photo of my car.
Attachments
DSCN0347.JPG
DSCN0347.JPG (201.18 KiB) Viewed 20595 times
------------------

thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Can't wait to drive and own this:
Last edited by Dissension on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Image URL
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

thrasherblades wrote:Can't wait to drive and own this:

Lol yeah you wish |3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Anything's possible bro lol
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

What model of Nissan is that? It looks like it's based off of an Infinity G. I've seen Japanese nissans like that before, and I think one that I saw was a Skyline.
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Okay, here's an interior photo of my car.
Looks clean man! Awesome maintenance and upkeep! Definately wouldn't mind working on that car for interior work! Nothing grosses me out more when I worked on a car with a filthy interior... People that smoke cigars in their cars comes to mind. Ugh!

I really am impressed, the seat covers fit perfectly (They look exactly like the seats in my car, same color scheme!) and also, the steering wheel cover matches! Your car is awesome man...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Shho13 wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Okay, here's an interior photo of my car.
Looks clean man! Awesome maintenance and upkeep! Definately wouldn't mind working on that car for interior work! Nothing grosses me out more when I worked on a car with a filthy interior... People that smoke cigars in their cars comes to mind. Ugh!

I really am impressed, the seat covers fit perfectly (They look exactly like the seats in my car, same color scheme!) and also, the steering wheel cover matches! Your car is awesome man...
Thanks dude!!! I try to keep it clean. I can't stand to be in a filthy car either, and I've seen some pretty bad ones...

I got the inside to where the seat covers, steering wheel cover, shift knob, and those light bars all match. The only thing about it is that when it gets hot out, the shift knob gets really hot because it's metal. :lol: I really need to get my windows tinted so the inside of the car doesn't get too hot. You say that you have the same steering wheel cover? Sweet...

Thanks for thinking my old car is awesome. :D I think it's cool too.
------------------

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:What model of Nissan is that? It looks like it's based off of an Infinity G. I've seen Japanese nissans like that before, and I think one that I saw was a Skyline.
Nissan skyline or something, I think.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Tobee wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:What model of Nissan is that? It looks like it's based off of an Infinity G. I've seen Japanese nissans like that before, and I think one that I saw was a Skyline.
Nissan skyline or something, I think.
Yeah, that's what I believed it to be.

I want it....
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

I unfortunately don't have the same steering wheel cover, I don't like how they feel in my hands when I grip the wheel. Though, however, your seat covers match my factory seats exactly! I'm sorry if I made the wrong impression... I worded that message kinda weird, and confusing.

I really got to wash my car one of these days... No excuses now! haha... Ill make it look nice and pretty, and Ill go down to the beach and take some pictures. Not on the beach, though I can get to the water's edge of the bay, or to the edge of where the sand starts for some pics... I gotta get down the shore soon anyway, I need a vacation... its been a loooong winter.

I do have a picture from a couple years ago though. (you can tell, because of the inspection sticker that says it expired in 4/10! This is as close to "on the beach" I can get! Its about 25 yards from the Atlantic Ocean. I can get way closer to the bay, however.

Last edited by Shho13 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Shho13 wrote:I unfortunately don't have the same steering wheel cover, I don't like how they feel in my hands when I grip the wheel. Though, however, your seat covers match my factory seats exactly! I'm sorry if I made the wrong impression... I worded that message kinda weird, and confusing.

I really got to wash my car one of these days... No excuses now! haha... Ill make it look nice and pretty, and Ill go down to the beach and take some pictures. Not on the beach, though I can get to the water's edge of the bay, or to the edge of where the sand starts for some pics... I gotta get down the shore soon anyway, I need a vacation... its been a loooong year.
Yeah, man, take some shots of your Impreza for me. A picture on the beach would be sweet... Can't wait to see more of your car.

That steering wheel grip is quite thick, and I have at times taken it off for the feel. It's good to protect the steering wheel though, and it insulates pretty good in the winter.

Those covers really match you're factory seats, same color and everything? That's cool. If you want, you can get you a set at Wal-Mart and put those on over your seats to protect them without changing the look. They're like 20 bucks I believe. The quality of them is pretty good too.
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

hehe, I forgot I had that picture, and you got me before I could edit it in! Its old, again...

Thats awesome! I should look into those covers... Check out an interior picture of what my seats look like.

This picture is not mine, though...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/Imp06seat1.JPG

upon review, I note that the colors are inverted... But, hey, thats pretty ironic, huh?
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Shho13 wrote:hehe, I forgot I had that picture, and you got me before I could edit it in! Its old, again...

Thats awesome! I should look into those covers... Check out an interior picture of what my seats look like.

This picture is not mine, though...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/Imp06seat1.JPG

upon review, I note that the colors are inverted... But, hey, thats pretty ironic, huh?
It's cool that we have the same colors in the interior of our Suby's, but we have opposite color schemes. I guess it is kind of ironic. :D
------------------

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Ugly new Impreza! Ewww....

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo23 ... -wagon.jpg
It looks just like a Toyota Matrix. ugh...

According to my buddies at my old job, they are keeping the current body style for the STI.
MartinSS

Post by MartinSS »

1920's Rolls Royce