Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
SAT 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 173
Location: Not saying
Post SAT
(As of 11/29/10)
I am taking this thing on Saturday.
Any helpful advice?
And if you took it, what did you get? =)

_________________
Image


Last edited by FarmMan1812 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15860
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: SAT
I took the ACT and the SAT2 instead of the SAT, but my advice is:

1.) Don't panic. If you keep calm, you'll feel better and perform better.
2.) Eat a good breakfast and get enough sleep beforehand.
3.) Pace yourself.
4.) I think the SAT penalizes you for wrong answers, so don't be afraid to skip if you don't think you'll finish a section in time.
5.) This might just be me, but if helped me to have fast-paced music in my head while I took standardized tests.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
ZOMG, I JUST REMEMBERED THAT IT'S THIS SATURDAY!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Sleet wrote:
I took the ACT and the SAT2 instead of the SAT, but my advice is:

1.) Don't panic. If you keep calm, you'll feel better and perform better.
2.) Eat a good breakfast and get enough sleep beforehand.
3.) Pace yourself.
4.) I think the SAT penalizes you for wrong answers, so don't be afraid to skip if you don't think you'll finish a section in time.
5.) This might just be me, but if helped me to have fast-paced music in my head while I took standardized tests.

1) That's the #1 thing you should always have in mind (or not, it works psychologically both ways).
2) For the first time, I shall try this out just to see what'll happen...
3) ...What if you can't read an article in less than a minute and answer each question in one minute?
4) Yes. They do it "to prevent random guessing."
5) ...I'll keep this in mind too...

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15860
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: SAT
"Pace yourself" doesn't mean "go slowly," it means "don't move faster than you can think, but don't dawdle."

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
Ah, like staring at the wall, and looking at how beautiful it is, with its pretty flat paint and its glossy coating and...*slaps himself* Pay attention!

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
I'm totally worthless to you, I took the ACT. My score was a not-bad 28 overall, 35 on English, 33 on Reading, etc.

I guess my most-applicable advice would be to work diligently without driving yourself into the ground. As Sleet said, work at a pace you're comfortable with that simultaneously enables you to complete each section.

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: SAT
the number one thing that i think i would go back and tell myself is to skip a problem that im stuck on and come back to it if i have time, rather than dwell on it.

at least, that was the the biggest issue i think i had... i hope it helps you too... >.>

_________________
bwah bwah


Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15860
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: SAT
Dissension wrote:
I'm totally worthless to you, I took the ACT. My score was a not-bad 28 overall, 35 on English, 33 on Reading, etc.

I guess my most-applicable advice would be to work diligently without driving yourself into the ground. As Sleet said, work at a pace you're comfortable with that simultaneously enables you to complete each section.
Wow, you must suck at math if you got scores that great in English and reading. :3

I doubt you're worthless, since for the most part the same advice is applicable to most standardized tests.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
Yeah, math wasn't my strong suit. Despite taking (and doing well in) Algebra I & II, Geometry, and Physics, I didn't get out of the mid-20s. I also had trouble with the science section for some reason, which is just reading with graphs? Argh.

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
I took the ACT this year and last year. I did worse than last year... E|:P
Ya, math is truly my strong point...Hope me and Farm do good this Saturday!

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Juicy Wolf-Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 am
Posts: 2350
Location: Richardson Valley
Post Re: SAT
Ah, advice. Allow me to regurgitate a wall of text that I learned while taking it a couple of years ago.

Yeah, don't panic. Stay relaxed. You've probably been taking state testing for a while now, and it's just like that, but longer, and perhaps a little bit harder at times. Same for the writing part. You've done this all before! It's just a bit harder.

Question stump you? Skip it. Focus on getting the questions you can get done, done, then go back and scrape out the extra points from questions you skipped. If you can't finish all the questions, don't panic or think you're doing something wrong. The test's time limit is designed to screw you over; you actually are not expected to finish all the questions in time. Yeah, annoying, I know. Try to finish them all, but don't panic if you don't. Be quick, take shortcuts when you can. The test isn't hard, so don't worry about that. The time limit? That's what killed me.

The guessing penalty is there, but it is small. You lose 1/4 of a point for a wrong answer. This is to prevent random guesses, such as the infamous "oh crap out of time maybe I can get lucky bubblebubblebubble" thing. If you have no idea for the answer to a question, leave it blank, because a lucky guess has low chance. If you're deciding between two answers, then take a guess, because you're far more likely to still get it right in that situation.

Sleep well. Prepare the night before; have your ID, test ticket, pencils, calculators etc. so that you aren't stressed in the morning. Eat breakfast. Bring snacks and water. It's a very long test, so they give you breaks and you can eat them then. Make sure to go to the bathroom during the breaks. Nothing is more distracting than and empty or...full, stomach when taking that test. The test is long. VERY long, about four hours if I'm not mistaken. Prepare well and you'll be fine.

Check the allowed calculator list. Bring the most abusive calculator you can. You'd be surprised what you can bring; I noted too late that my graphing calc that can instantly find the roots of polynomials though a pre-installed app was actually allowed on the test. I was so annoyed when I found that out.

You guys might be lucky: I'm not sure WHEN the change actually happens, but I know some people do not have to take the SATII (aka, the SAT subject tests... bleh) tests for colleges (namely the public state schools), though you still must take the regular SAT tests. Research this.

ACT: Just another test, but with a few differences, namely the scoring and the "science" section, which I know wasn't really science and it annoyed me greatly but I can't remember why anymore. Same advice applies; whether you take both tests is up to you.

_________________
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack


Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 am
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
Some more advice!

The SAT is generally more useful if you plan to attend a school on the East or West coast, while the ACT is given more prominence by schools in the South and Midwest.

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
Also another hint, some schools just want "a score," not a really high score. However, they do keep in mind with what you're capable of doing in their schools, as your scores will most likely tell your counselor what classes you'll be able to take your freshman year. There's another test called the CPT (Computerized Placement Test) offered by CollegeBoard, the makers of the SAT and the AP exams, which are taken in place of the SAT or the ACT or as an addition to those. Usually, they're given in community colleges. However, I'm not sure whether they do it in universities after you've been accepted into their schools...I took it, and it was probably the easiest test you could ever take, as you have unlimited time(to an extent) but you can't go back to look at the previous question as you're taking the test. Another test you could take is the CLEP, which lets you skip courses of which you know the material of. I don't know if they still use that today or not...

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 3920
Post Re: SAT
I was going to take it this Saturday with the Duke talent search thingy, but my Mom forgot to mail in my oder form surprise, surprise -.-

_________________
My RP characters
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:05 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
I took the ACT as part of Duke's Talent Identification Program about a decade ago. I think I got a 17, which isn't so much at the graduating senior level but was enough for a middle-schooler like me to earn state-level recognition.

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: SAT
i took the sats for the duke thing, and then again for a different thing.

i got a 780-790ish, a 750-770ish, and a 7-something-ish in math, reading, and writing respectively.
...i think... >.>. i remember my percentiles a lot better. though im pretty sure i got my math score right.

_________________
bwah bwah


Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
Darn you, everyone who's smarter than I am. Those of equivalent or lesser intelligence, however, are all right.

Oh, and I guess I could also advise you to make sure your phone is turned off or, better yet, leave your mobile phone at home.

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: SAT
dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... he's complimenting me. :')
*hugs*

never do it again.

_________________
bwah bwah


Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 1310
Location: If I only knew
Post Re: SAT
When I took the sat I got a 784 in The reading, a 760 in math and I don't exactly remember the writing score but it was high as well.

_________________
Image

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo


Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: SAT
Hint: SATs are messed up. Okay, it's not just the SATs. It just seems unreasonable to have a supposed measurement of scholastic ability determined by a test in which you can still theoretically get zero percent despite various correct answers (which mind you, for some reason is not actually a score of zero but a score of something-hundred). Additionally, the fact that it (and/or the ACT) is used for college entrance is silly to me. It is a test which in itself is not necessarily accessible to everybody, and in a lot of situations the subject material plus the necessity of quick thinking can be irrelevant to the direction a person wishes to take for their career. I support high school certification that associates a ranking based on a student's performance through high school, as this seems more relevant overall to tertiary education. Since in the high school experience you have to endure both assignments and tests, this does somewhat prepare you for the tertiary systems. High school is obviously not the best preparation by far, but at least it's a start. A simple test, however, is no indication whatsoever that a person will be able to cope with the system they will be interacting with when in college. I can't really be bothered in an informal forum post to go searching for a study on the matter, but I would doubt that there's much of a correlation between SAT/ACT scores and actual performance within tertiary education systems.
On the other hand, the problem with the system I like is that a one-time ranking based on high school performance is a poor indication of how someone will perform if they decide to take on tertiary education four, five years down the line. Besides having a fast-moving education system that changes their standards often, it seems reasonable for a person to develop to a point where they would deal much better with tertiary education than they would have at the time of leaving high school. As such for people who left high school a while ago, having an old and thus no longer relevant ranking from an older system with different expectations is kind of ineffective in being indicative of one's probable performance within tertiary education.
It would probably be expensive and complex in execution to have a similar overall performance-based ranking system that is able to be retaken like the ACT and SAT are, so to me the next-best thing would be to have colleges take into consideration a combination of the SAT/ACT style of determining ranking based on test scores and the TER/ATAR style of determining ranking based on high school performance. Then, not only would they have an up-to-date assessment of how well someone answers the specific questions on the test they take (which realistically is all you can deduce from a test), but you would have an indication of how the potential student dealt with assignment and test structures in high school (which realistically is all you can deduce from high school performance-based ranking systems). I think that could give the best overall picture of the necessary criteria for admission to tertiary education.



Mind you, being Australian means I have no need to take any form of standardized test for tertiary admission, and thus I have little exposure. I could be basing my opinion on factually inaccurate material. Either way, at the very least they could get rid of multiple choice. It's a bit depressing when the logical process of elimination is valued higher than actually knowing the material.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
No, you've gotten a good basis on the info, but...
1) You could take the SAT/ACT more than once for the entrance into a post-secondary(yes, we don't call it the third school, we call it the one after the second) school.
2) Usually, they don't even look at your SAT/ACT scores, unless they see that you have nothing else to show for. Instead, they look at your info and the essay that you've turned in to them (which I would advise you all that if it says that it is optional, DO THE ESSAY ANYWAYS!!! You can't believe how many people have fallen for that trick many, many times!)
3) Post-Secondary institutions look at how you stand out from the rest. If you're from another country, they'll take that in mind, as they're trying to attract as many people from a variety of places from the world.
4) Explain the TER/ATAR system, please

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: SAT
Ebly wrote:
Hint: SATs are messed up. Okay, it's not just the SATs. It just seems unreasonable to have a supposed measurement of scholastic ability determined by a test in which you can still theoretically get zero percent despite various correct answers (which mind you, for some reason is not actually a score of zero but a score of something-hundred). Additionally, the fact that it (and/or the ACT) is used for college entrance is silly to me. It is a test which in itself is not necessarily accessible to everybody, and in a lot of situations the subject material plus the necessity of quick thinking can be irrelevant to the direction a person wishes to take for their career. I support high school certification that associates a ranking based on a student's performance through high school, as this seems more relevant overall to tertiary education. Since in the high school experience you have to endure both assignments and tests, this does somewhat prepare you for the tertiary systems. High school is obviously not the best preparation by far, but at least it's a start. A simple test, however, is no indication whatsoever that a person will be able to cope with the system they will be interacting with when in college. I can't really be bothered in an informal forum post to go searching for a study on the matter, but I would doubt that there's much of a correlation between SAT/ACT scores and actual performance within tertiary education systems.
On the other hand, the problem with the system I like is that a one-time ranking based on high school performance is a poor indication of how someone will perform if they decide to take on tertiary education four, five years down the line. Besides having a fast-moving education system that changes their standards often, it seems reasonable for a person to develop to a point where they would deal much better with tertiary education than they would have at the time of leaving high school. As such for people who left high school a while ago, having an old and thus no longer relevant ranking from an older system with different expectations is kind of ineffective in being indicative of one's probable performance within tertiary education.
It would probably be expensive and complex in execution to have a similar overall performance-based ranking system that is able to be retaken like the ACT and SAT are, so to me the next-best thing would be to have colleges take into consideration a combination of the SAT/ACT style of determining ranking based on test scores and the TER/ATAR style of determining ranking based on high school performance. Then, not only would they have an up-to-date assessment of how well someone answers the specific questions on the test they take (which realistically is all you can deduce from a test), but you would have an indication of how the potential student dealt with assignment and test structures in high school (which realistically is all you can deduce from high school performance-based ranking systems). I think that could give the best overall picture of the necessary criteria for admission to tertiary education.



Mind you, being Australian means I have no need to take any form of standardized test for tertiary admission, and thus I have little exposure. I could be basing my opinion on factually inaccurate material. Either way, at the very least they could get rid of multiple choice. It's a bit depressing when the logical process of elimination is valued higher than actually knowing the material.

that looks so smart that i wish i had enough of an attention span to read it. <:c

_________________
bwah bwah


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
Read it, Psyke, it might help you mislead your future...and it'll help you analyze things you may want to compare with something else later on in the future...and he wrote it for a reason: to convey his opinion and for someone else to read it.

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
Ebly wrote:
A well-written opinion piece.

They actually consider one's Grade Point Average, accumulated over the last four years of public education (which in my case was junior high and high school, but for most is entirely high school), and in many cases this has a larger impact on one's selection for admission than standardized test results. In my case this was something of a hindrance, as I never particularly felt the need to complete homework assignments.

Graduate schools function similarly in their admissions processes, requiring one to complete the Graduate Record Examination or a similar, field-of-study-oriented test, as well as submitting one's college or university GPA and other academic records, including letters of recommendation. Some also require personal statements or letters of intention, which demonstrate one's ability to write coherently outside of a testing environment.

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:16 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: SAT
dalonewolf25 wrote:
No, you've gotten a good basis on the info, but...
1) You could take the SAT/ACT more than once for the entrance into a post-secondary(yes, we don't call it the third school, we call it the one after the second) school.
2) Usually, they don't even look at your SAT/ACT scores, unless they see that you have nothing else to show for. Instead, they look at your info and the essay that you've turned in to them (which I would advise you all that if it says that it is optional, DO THE ESSAY ANYWAYS!!! You can't believe how many people have fallen for that trick many, many times!)
3) Post-Secondary institutions look at how you stand out from the rest. If you're from another country, they'll take that in mind, as they're trying to attract as many people from a variety of places from the world.
4) Explain the TER/ATAR system, please

Tssssk, I was replying to this and then my computer died.

1. I am fairly sure I never said anything to indicate I thought it was a one-time-only thing *giggles*
2. Well that just makes it redundant on top of everything else, and why would anyone bother paying for redundancy?
3. I'd say it's better to think of it akin to a job interview – they're looking for the best people for the positions they have available. Diversity and 'standing out' on default don't have anything to do with it – they only matter if it's standing out in a good way.
4. This was taking a really long time and is part of the reason my computer died, so I'll write a simple explanation of its function instead. The ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank)/TER (Tertiary Entrance Rank) is a ranking determined on a school leaver's position within the body of all school leavers for that year. That is, a ranking directly correlated with your grades as compared to the entire student body for that year in your state. Note that this is a direct ranking and that the ATAR is then determined from your position on the aforementioned ranking - if your university aggregate (don't ask) is 70, and 10% of the student body for the year got 70 or better, your ATAR would be 90.

Note that TER is a term used to refer to the same thing though it is technically incorrect (the TER was used locally in WA, SA, NT and Tas. The individual state systems were all (bar Queensland's) phased out with the introduction of the national ATAR. We're not quite used to the acronym change yet).



Diss: Well that does make more sense, but I do feel taking the direct GPA as opposed to a comparative ranking could be difficult for university selection panels to decipher – it pretty much just looks like a jumble of numbers to anyone not intricately familiar with the local GPA system, of which there are many. It doesn't help that there is no standardized grading system over there.
Either way, it ultimately looks like the overall deal is that you essentially make a resume for school.

Go figure.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:55 am
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8211
Images: 0
Post Re: SAT
Though it may vary, public schools in the United States almost universally use a four-point (or five for advanced placement classes) GPA scale and all schools I've attended base those ranks similarly. Granted, I attended one public school district, which would obviously not have different ranking standards at different levels, and a university which is in the same town, so I don't have a lot of experience with more diverse systems.

I think I was in the bottom 25% of my graduating high school class with a 2.69/4.0 GPA, which save for my ACT scores would have seen me basically unable to attend college in the first place. Lesson for anyone still in public school: do your homework. (Admittedly, though, this is because I was out sick for nearly half a school year in junior high and never got caught up, despite having much better yearly GPAs subsequent to that.) My university GPA was ether 2.995 or 3.0, which isn't awful, and (assuming good GRE scores [and I'm good at standardized tests, especially English-oriented ones]) would allow me unconditional admission to most post-graduate schools. Wait, why are we talking about me all of a sudden?

_________________
Dissension doesn't exist.


Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am
Posts: 5257
Location: Someone save me from Jersey
Post Re: SAT
I actually have yet to take the SAT. I'm not too worried about it though, I do well in school, have a solid 3.8/4 GPA.

_________________
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012


Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
Well, y'see... I'm a bad test taker, mostly because of the fact that it takes me awhile to capture what the answer is asking me for(only in the reading comprehension and literature tests), and a new problem which arose is that, while I'm taking college classes, I'm starting to forget the simple tangential topics that were taught back in high school, and while I would look at a simple problem, such as a probability problem, I would ultimately make it more complicated than it needs to be...Also, the #1 thing that has killed me during every single test that I've taken throughout my whole academic career is that I can't read fast enough. I need to read slowly in order to truly comprehend it. Then, I start answering questions.

Diss: Here we use the 4-point scale, but when we weigh classes, they give 4 points for an "A" in a regular class, 5 points for an "A" in an honors class, and 6 points for an "A" in an AP/Dual Enrollment course. According to this system, I have a 3.77 unweighted and a 4.37 weighted. That's about to change after finals for this semester, though (one lower, one higher, respectively)...Top 6% percent...woo...

Ebly: Interesting, why not go to a school where the majority have lower grades than you and graduate from there, then? E|;D

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 4579
Images: 1
Post Re: SAT
i tried to read but i passed out. i am to be shamed forever. do not look at me!!!

*runs off to cry*

_________________
bwah bwah


Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: SAT
dalonewolf25 wrote:
Ebly: Interesting, why not go to a school where the majority have lower grades than you and graduate from there, then? E|;D

I said student body for the whole year, silly. It's determined per state, not per school.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
Then move to another state! Explain why not, because you expected this response...

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: SAT
The cost, the cost, the cost, the cost, and the cost. The time, the effort, the finding a place to move in to and the lack of people I know.

Also the complexity of converting certification partially achieved here to certification partially achieved interstate – as soon as I actually graduate, that's not an issue, but moving while having incomplete certification is covered in bureaucracy.

Plus I like it here.



Come on dude, if moving was so easy, why don't you just move around at the drop of a hat?

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: SAT
Well, technically you're moving your hands easily every time you type in a word, therefore, I would move around at the drop of a hat...


...But I get your point

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 173
Location: Not saying
Post Re: SAT
OH MY GOD!!!!
I am taking it tomorrow.
I an not nervous, but I know that i am going to hate sitting in a room for FOUR HOURS. UUUGGHHHHH!!!

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 858
Location: Independence, MO
Post Re: SAT
I think I got 900s in all three categories.I'll tell you the real score when I'm finished investigating.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15860
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: SAT
Doesn't it only go up to 800, or is that just the SAT2?

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 858
Location: Independence, MO
Post Took this Junior Year
Sleet wrote:
Doesn't it only go up to 800, or is that just the SAT2?
I took the writing. Great, now I have to go digging. I was higher than 50th percentile in all three categories.

Wow. I have a terrible memory when it comes to these things.

Critical Reading - 530 (National Percentile 60%)
Mathematics - 540 (National Percentile 58%)
Writing - 520 (National Percentile 59%)
Essay Score - 9 (on a scale from 2-12)

*All above national, high school and state averages.*

ACT Composite Score 23, Percentile 69% (61% in Pennsylvania)
English - 22 (Percentile 64%)
Mathematics - 23 (percentile 68%)
Reading - 22 (Percentile 59%)
Science - 24 (Percentile 78%)

Map shows I'm best with "Ideas & Things." Most of the "recommended" careers deal with engineering and science.

This was well over what I needed to get into Ediboro University of Pennsylvania.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15860
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: SAT
Oh, maybe you're right then. I don't even know. I just took the ACT and SAT2, so those are the only scores I really know about.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 173
Location: Not saying
Post Re: SAT
Ok... I have teken the test. It is over and done with. THANK GOD!!!!!

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15860
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: SAT
Yay! How'd you think you did?

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.