Weird/Strange Habits

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

SergeiTheFox

Weird/Strange Habits

Post by SergeiTheFox »

As the title suggests, this is where you can share any habits that you have that you personally find strange, weird, awkward, or just outside the social norm.

I guess I will start by sharing one of my own.

When eating, I will use both hands, but I never eat using just my right hand and I never hold a drink in my left hand. I also enjoy putting hot sauce into my soda.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Re: Weird/Strange Habits

Post by Deske »

I used to blink a lot while waiting for things to happen. Such as an internet page to load. I don't remember why. I have since weeded that out.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

When I write, I draw the vertical lines in the letters upward instead of down.

I tend to suddenly change the subject and talk about the dog when talking to my parents. It's a tic of mine.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I have a lot of little tics and eccentric mannerisms, but I'm literally a crazy person, so there's that.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I frequent a forum where people discuss the intricacies of a comic starring anthropomorphic animals.
Last edited by ArcWolf on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I start to play a new game, it has to be done on a Sunday or the beginning of the month.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I tend to rub the tips of my fingers a lot.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm a little OCD about even numbers. Like, I have to eat two chocolates or two biscuits or two pieces of cake, never just one. (TimTams suck because they're delicious but there's only eleven in the packet. They do that deliberately to make me buy more, I think. :P ) Or, I'll use an even number of squirts of soap in the bathroom or an even number of squirts of deodorant under my arms or sometimes I'll step an even amount of times in each concrete slab in the pavement.

I also crack my joints a lot more than I probably should. Mum hates that. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm a little OCD about even numbers. Like, I have to eat two chocolates or two biscuits or two pieces of cake, never just one. (TimTams suck because they're delicious but there's only eleven in the packet. They do that deliberately to make me buy more, I think. :P ) Or, I'll use an even number of squirts of soap in the bathroom or an even number of squirts of deodorant under my arms or sometimes I'll step an even amount of times in each concrete slab in the pavement.

I also crack my joints a lot more than I probably should. Mum hates that. :P
Wow, I didn't know we have almost the same habits :lol: The numbers thing doesn't really apply to me in regards to eating, but I do have the same habits in the bathroom, the steps per concrete slab, and the joint popping (everyday, at least once an hour if I am not asleep, I will pop my neck, fingers, wrists, shoulders, back, ankles, toes, knees, and lower jaw).

I tend to have a strange habit with my fingers. I tend to tap them on alternating hands at intervals of seven, the left pinky being "1" and the right thumb being "10" (Left index, right ring, left pinky, right index, left middle, right pinky, left thumb, right middle, left ring, right thumb, repeat). I tend to do this as long and as fast as I can manage without messing up.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

SergeiTheFox wrote:everyday, at least once an hour if I am not asleep, I will pop my neck, fingers, wrists, shoulders, back, ankles, toes, knees, and lower jaw)
I do this as well.

Another habit of mine is if I'm playing a game, I will talk to myself nonstop about it and it's like I'm talking to someone who isn't there.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, I talk to myself all the time too. It's only madness if I answer back, apparently. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Hlaoroo wrote:Oh, I talk to myself all the time too. It's only madness if I answer back, apparently. :P
I can relate to this as well
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I randomly daydream about various scenarios, like conversations or fights between fictional characters. To the point where I'd start whispering in different voices what they would sound like or sound effects during they're fights.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sometimes I talk to myself.
ShadowLightning wrote:I randomly daydream about various scenarios, like conversations or fights between fictional characters. To the point where I'd start whispering in different voices what they would sound like or sound effects during they're fights.
I do this sometimes. Though it's usually daydreaming about what I would do in certain situations. I like the lost in a forest ones.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I've so various ones that I don't know from where start. :P Talk to myself, fingers popping and numeric related stuff are included. Others ended with the time, fortunately.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm OCD about numbers also because I have OCD actually. I like doing things in fives.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sometimes, I will scratch behind my right ear kind of how you would on a dog's head, but I do it to myself for about a half-hour to 45 minutes at a time.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm a little OCD about even numbers. Like, I have to eat two chocolates or two biscuits or two pieces of cake, never just one. (TimTams suck because they're delicious but there's only eleven in the packet. They do that deliberately to make me buy more, I think. :P ) Or, I'll use an even number of squirts of soap in the bathroom or an even number of squirts of deodorant under my arms or sometimes I'll step an even amount of times in each concrete slab in the pavement.
*giggles* That's funny.
I (almost) always lay patterns with chocolates while eating them. And before I take the next, I think about how I can change the pattern so that it's still symmetrically.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

SergeiTheFox wrote:Sometimes, I will scratch behind my right ear kind of how you would on a dog's head, but I do it to myself for about a half-hour to 45 minutes at a time.
Speaking of ears, mine are reeeaal soft and I always catch myself trying to fold them into a perfect little ball :3
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whenever I get annoyed about something, sometimes I will play with my really long eyelashes.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I will spend hours staring at the sky for absolutely no reason at all. I would say this a habit because I do this nearly every day. *Stares at sky*
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm not sure if this counts as a habit or not, but whenever I get close to something I fear (roller coasters, heights or tight spaces and crowds) my feet or hands will start tingling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Okay, So a little about my strange OCD habits.
-It's impossible for me multitask when I'm talking, so it's difficult to; talk to two people at once, have a conversation when I'm working, driving, walking or doing anything. Albeit, I will multitask everything else and I love to talk.
-I have the strangest food/drink combinations. Also, most foods I eat are very plain.
-I usually wear my clothes in the order that they come out of the laundry.
-Almost everything I do is the the order of certain numbers. However, it's mostly when I'm over-thinking/pondering a task. (most common are 2,3,5,6,7 etc)
-Like conversations, I can't do anything while reading or listening to music.
-Definitely the strangest and kind of embarrassing, I've been pulling touching my hair since I was three. I've managed to not do it when I'm around people since about six years ago. A good friend of mine once said when he visited my house, "It looks like (my name) is shedding for the summer" :lol:
SergeiTheFox wrote:I will spend hours staring at the sky for absolutely no reason at all. I would say this a habit because I do this nearly every day. *Stares at sky*
I do this a lot as well. x3
Hlaoroo wrote:Oh, I talk to myself all the time too. It's only madness if I answer back, apparently. :P
Is it still madness if you answer back upon a realization? :lol:
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Kitela wrote:"It looks like (my name) is shedding for the summer" :lol:
*giggles*
Kitela wrote:
Is it still madness if you answer back upon a realization? :lol:
I think, madness really starts when you get into an argument with yourself.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I tend to pace around when I get an idea stuck in my head.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I tend to be overly crazy, to the point where 50% of the people I meet find me really funny and love me, and the other 50% find me really annoying and hate my guts. I also tend to not know when to stop talking. Both of these together make me regret what I say a lot of the time.

Another habit I have is telling the same stories over and over, to the point where people get really annoyed about me talking about them, like my trip to Canada.

Another habit I picked up in 2014 was on a scout camp. We were outside, and I started to spit on the ground. Now any chance I get, I spit. This is a weird one to me.

I know I have others, but I can't think of them at the moment.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At night I have to lock both doors in my house (we live on the second floor apartment) because I'm afraid if I don't, someone will break in. :?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's not weird, Amazee. That's just plain sensible.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Once yes. Multiple times because I think that somehow they have became unlocked and that the door downstairs to the front porch is permanently locked? Not so much. :?
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

F
Last edited by SergeiTheFox on Sun May 19, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Whenever we get a new snow, I can't but help push the traction control button to the off position and spin out my truck in a nearby parking lot or side street just for fun. My wife hates that. A LOT. My kids though, they are used to it. Call it a woo-hoo moment, if you will. I expect that they will likely pick up on my little foible. Hopefully they won't ever get a ticket.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just be careful you don't crash into anything.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

tychoaussie wrote:Whenever we get a new snow, I can't but help push the traction control button to the off position and spin out my truck in a nearby parking lot or side street just for fun. My wife hates that. A LOT. My kids though, they are used to it. Call it a woo-hoo moment, if you will. I expect that they will likely pick up on my little foible. Hopefully they won't ever get a ticket.
Oh, I like drifting in the snow. Sadly it's not snowing much here. Actually I haven't seen any snow for two years now. :(

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Now that doesn't seem very safe. I've been in a car without 4 season tires on a snowy road, sliding isn't fun when the red light appears!

Habits: I tend to daydream whenever I learn about history, inserting myself into the times, almost like a drama where you know something tragic is about to happen and you want to warn the protagonist and cringe/wail when it happens. E.g. the assassination of Caesar.
All your acorns are belong to us.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I tend to turn away from the TV while watching a show or movie if I know a scene that is emotional or something else like that (the generic ones from every movie and show) comes on. I also hide my head and cover my ears. I have no idea why, but this is also scenes where people make up or do something else like that. I don't know why I do this, it just tends to happen. Sort of like a cringe, but not exactly.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

dtlux1 wrote:I tend to turn away from the TV while watching a show or movie if I know a scene that is emotional or something else like that (the generic ones from every movie and show) comes on. I also hide my head and cover my ears. I have no idea why, but this is also scenes where people make up or do something else like that. I don't know why I do this, it just tends to happen. Sort of like a cringe, but not exactly.
I actually do that too sometimes. Like during certain scenes on movies or TV shows, I'll either look away or turn to a different channel and then come back once the scene is over. I never really understood why though.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Seems I worded my response wrong. I wanted to say that I never understood why I did it. I wish I knew though.

Another habit of mine is when I get angry. I don't usually get angry over anything, but when I do get angry I get really angry. Most of the time it isn't even for things that matter that much.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

dtlux1 wrote:Another habit of mine is when I get angry. I don't usually get angry over anything, but when I do get angry I get really angry. Most of the time it isn't even for things that matter that much.
Yeah, that happens to me too. I tend to bottle up my feelings until they cool off, but when they don't, anything that gets in my way is a target of my aggression. It's more of a slow release than an explosion, though.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When I watch a show on the computer or on the television, I always have to multi task in order to avoid getting bored.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

If I ever drink soda out of the original container, I tend to pour it into a shot glass and mix it with crushed red pepper and salt.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu