New series on Disney Channel - 101 Dalmatian Street

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

OdedZeituni98

New series on Disney Channel - 101 Dalmatian Street

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I am really excited to see that show, I wish I could just jump in and give them a very big hug because they are so cute and cuddly, especially Dylan and Dolly, I want to cuddle them a lot :D
Amazee Dayzee

Re: New series on Disney Channel - 101 Dalmatian Street

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Are they gonna have American accents again like in the previous series?
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

since it's from the UK, I think the show will be in a british accent
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's kind of a chuckle, though, when you hear a UK actor who's been doing an "American accent" on a program or in a movie revert to the "mother tongue".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just have to ask since while the movie was British, the cartoon was American.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As I recollect - and I haven't seen the movie since I saw it as a kid in 1961 or so - Horace and Jasper (the two pup-nappers) had "bloke" accents but no one else sounded particularly JohnBullish.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hadn’t actually heard of this before now, so I looked up the theme song on YouTube. Didn’t like it at first, then I found myself listening to it again and again and again and I’m listening to it right now please help I can’t stop!
But in all seriousness, the art style is good, from what I can most of the voice actors are actually British (though I could instantly tell Dolly is voiced by the same person who voices Amethyst), and while I prefer shows with more of an overarching story, I’ll probably check in on this every now and then.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:Hadn’t actually heard of this before now, so I looked up the theme song on YouTube. Didn’t like it at first, then I found myself listening to it again and again and again and I’m listening to it right now please help I can’t stop!
But in all seriousness, the art style is good, from what I can most of the voice actors are actually British (though I could instantly tell Dolly is voiced by the same person who voices Amethyst), and while I prefer shows with more of an overarching story, I’ll probably check in on this every now and then.
Disney has been making pretty good episodic stuff lately to go along some episodic stuff like ducktales and Rapunzel. I should look into Dalmatian street considering how much I loved 101 Dalmatians. Considering I know I loved it just because it had talking animals, I think I consider that the movie which started me on the path to becoming a furry
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I like it but I still prefer the original Dalmatian series. This one is too distant from the original movie.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:I like it but I still prefer the original Dalmatian series. This one is too distant from the original movie.
That’s probably the point, Disney wants to see if it can stand on its own two feet like with Ducktales did... will say it’s definitely odd that one element was brought in, why no cruella de vil? She’s probably the most iconic part of the movie, and she even was in that short lived cartoon series that had a few puppies that were in the movie... oddly enough Patches never appeared in that and he was the one that got a movie to himself
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

How old would Cruella be if she were in the series?

Anyway, seen a few clips so far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I like it but I still prefer the original Dalmatian series. This one is too distant from the original movie.
That’s probably the point, Disney wants to see if it can stand on its own two feet like with Ducktales did... will say it’s definitely odd that one element was brought in, why no cruella de vil? She’s probably the most iconic part of the movie, and she even was in that short lived cartoon series that had a few puppies that were in the movie... oddly enough Patches never appeared in that and he was the one that got a movie to himself
Apparently her grandson Hunter is a recurring minor character.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
The real odd thing is that none of the dogs are the same. I’m starting to think this is a entirely different generation from the original. The father is Doug and the mother is Delilah not Pongo and Perdita. Not to mention Lucky and the rest are gone which is the biggest shame. I mean Dillon and Dolly are great and all but they can never replace Lucky, Rolly, and Cadpig.
Actually Patch did appear in the show a few times as a tertiary character whose character design was completely different but the show was six years before the movie.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Read that Delilah is a distant descendent of Pongo and Perdita. This series seems to be a very distant sequel.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Considering the original movie was back in 1961, distant relative would be appropriate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if they are descendants from Pongo and Perdita originally, that would mean that one of the original 101 would have to be this batch's grandparents meaning that Pongo and Perdita would be the great-grandparents. As if people who were currently born in 1961 (like the original 101 were) would have grandchildren by now.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

We finally have confirmation. Pongo and Perdita are the pups great great great grandparents.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think adding the third great might be overshooting it. Two greats seems like it is enough. Unless this takes place in another few decades.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think adding the third great might be overshooting it. Two greats seems like it is enough. Unless this takes place in another few decades.
the original book the movie was based on was written, and presumably based, in 1956. so the original pups were born in 1956.
the average lifespan of a dalmation is 10-13 years. lets say 13, and that they would have pups later in life at 9 years.
1956 (children)
1956 + 9 = 1964 (grandchildren)
1964 + 9 = 1973 (great grandchildren)
1973 + 9 = 1982 (great great grandchildren)
1982 + 9 = 1991 (great great great grandchildren)
1991 + 9 = 2000 (4x great grandchildren)
2000 + 9 = 2009 (5x great grandchildren)
2009 + 9 = 2018 (6x great grandchildren)

3 greats is being generous according to math
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right then. I keep on measuring everything by human life span instead of the species so I think it's possible for everything to live longer due to that. >.<
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

But ... are you liking the show?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As far as Disney goes and the very few episodes I was able to catch (most of my time has been binge watching "The Golden Girls"), I like it. I don't really watch television anymore unless it is anything by Gordon Ramsay that involves his explosive temper or "Days of our Lives".
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So … like it any better?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes its fine I guess. Not something I would watch. The last animated show I binged-watched was "What's New Scooby Doo?" and I still need to watch the rest of the movies.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I watched the finale the other night. Cruella came back. Lady must be in her late 80's or 90's at this point. They didn't try to find a similar voice actress for her which was disappointing so she didn't even sound close to Cruella from any movie or the first series. Hunter CAN understand dogs which they said he could when he first tried to kidnap the pups but it wasn't clear. This time it was very clear and very cool. My interest in his character shot through the roof.

All in all, I hope there are more episodes but realistically I doubt it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The show is all set so that it is in the UK right? But I remember even in the original movie that Cruella was always an American so why would they change it? It honestly would have made more sense if this Cruella was a descendant from the original Cruella and not the same one that we saw originally. Even in the 2003 sequel she was an American. If they couldn't get one then why not just make it her many times granddaughter?

Would it have been that hard to get Susanne Blakeslee (voice since 2001) or April Winchell (voice in the American cartoon)?
ThisthingfromNowhere

Post by ThisthingfromNowhere »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The show is all set so that it is in the UK right? But I remember even in the original movie that Cruella was always an American so why would they change it? It honestly would have made more sense if this Cruella was a descendant from the original Cruella and not the same one that we saw originally. Even in the 2003 sequel she was an American. If they couldn't get one then why not just make it her many times granddaughter?

Would it have been that hard to get Susanne Blakeslee (voice since 2001) or April Winchell (voice in the American cartoon)?
Actually, 101 dalmatian street is based on the novel by dodie smith. Not sure if that version also has Cruella as American or not, but it might be an explanation.

Also, to anyone who's wondering wikipedia claims that season two is currently in development.

Edit: Okay nvm, apparently it pulls things from both the novel and the movies? Idk, just keep an eye out for news on season two.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really tend not to trust Wikipedia because ANYBODY can go and add anything on it and claim that its true even if they don't have sources. :?
ThisthingfromNowhere

Post by ThisthingfromNowhere »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I really tend not to trust Wikipedia because ANYBODY can go and add anything on it and claim that its true even if they don't have sources. :?
I mean, there's a reason it's one of the top search results when googling most things, but that's a debate for another day. I'd honestly be surprised if the show didn't get renewed, it seemed to be doing pretty well. But maybe my definition of 'doing well' doesn't always apply well to TV
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just because it is the top search result when you Google things doesn't mean that the information is ALWAYS accurate. I found that out the hard way. >.<
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

A good Wikipedia page will have sources and an edit history.