Doctor Who

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

snappyfox

Re: Doctor Who

Post by snappyfox »

well its all William hartnell I'm gonna buy them and watch them in order which is hard to do when some episodes are still being crowed funded to be animated so they can be re released ive only had to skip on story so far because it has not been released yet but they have the audio so hopefully they will animate it like they did with one of the one I have watched
Foxes unite!!!!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, it's a shame the BBC recorded over so many of the old episodes. should have done what Monty Python did and had someone buy the old recordings before they did it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Episode 5 people!
I have to say that it was pretty good but not my favourite of the series. I was really annoyed when they pulled out the "strongest warriors/most dangerous race" thing and then they beat the carp out of them.
I sat there the whole time trying to remember where I had seen the face of the girl before and then it struck me that was Arya Stark from Game of Thrones, I haven't even seen that show but I am 97% sure it was the same person.
Regarding the ending I think I would have prefered it if the girl had died, it would have been the perfect change of tone and dramatic realization that the Doctor can't save everyone like in waters of mars.
Hi Hi Pie
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

she is the girl from game of thrones and I was hoping she would turn out to be susan so I was disappointed a bit
Foxes unite!!!!!!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

If only she said "you know nothing Doctor"
Hi Hi Pie
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

it is still rumored that the original actress who played susan might come back for an episode
Foxes unite!!!!!!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I was sort of unimpressed with how he fought off the aliens. I mean, electric eels? Really? Electric eels are native to the Amazon! The Atlantic torpedo ray would have been a less dubious choice, but even then I doubt the electromagnet would have worked properly. :roll:
I was happy when they broke the sonic sunglasses, though.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

snappyfox wrote:it is still rumored that the original actress who played susan might come back for an episode
oh I hope so, I'm really surprised they haven't yet. unless they've tried and she said no, but she has done specials talking about the show so it isn't like Eccleston who didn't leave on the best of terms.

so characters who need to return: the Doctor's granddaughter, and the Doctor's daughter from The Doctor's Daughter.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: oh I hope so, I'm really surprised they haven't yet. unless they've tried and she said no,
she said yes when asked
Foxes unite!!!!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I figured she would, but they already asked? why the heck haven't they done that yet? she was the first companion, they need to get her back before they can't anymore.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

well peter capaldi ran around the set one when the actress talked to him saying she needs to come back
Foxes unite!!!!!!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Douglas Collier wrote: I was happy when they broke the sonic sunglasses, though.
I too was rather pleased by that development. It was very amusing.

Alright then the new episode has graced us with its presence and I must say that this is one of my favourite episodes, I love how it deals with the after math of the doctors adventures and I find the doctor at his best when he is alone or dealing with somebody new.
Hi Hi Pie
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I want to see Tegan or Turlough again.

For me, the best 10 are, in reverse order..?

10 The eleventh hour
9 The empty Child/The Doctor Dances
8 Inferno
7 Into the Dalek
6 Revelation of the Daleks
5 The Sontaran Strategem/The Poison Sky
4 Blink
3 Genesis of the Daleks
2 Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
1 The Caves of Androzani.

Seriously, if you want to show someone everything good about Doctor Who, go for the Caves.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Welsh that is certainly a good line up but I personally wouldn't use Genesis of the Daleks, it was the first story of Tom Baker that I saw and it immediately put me off him because whilst it was about the doctors morals I couldn't get past saving one speices despite it going on to kill billions more.
I want a companion who is either from the past or the future to replace Clara. It will make things a lot more interesting.
ACE!!! Image
Hi Hi Pie
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

IdleCurator wrote:Welsh that is certainly a good line up but I personally wouldn't use Genesis of the Daleks, it was the first story of Tom Baker that I saw and it immediately put me off him because whilst it was about the doctors morals I couldn't get past saving one speices despite it going on to kill billions more.
I want a companion who is either from the past or the future to replace Clara. It will make things a lot more interesting.
ACE!!!
I admit Genesis certainly had problems (a 1000 year war between two cities a gentle afternoon stroll from each other? Yeah, right.) but it had some strong cliffhangers and decent resolutions.

Which, unfortunately, can't quite be said for 'Remembrance of the Daleks'. Always love that scene you show there and the first two cliff-hangers (Dalek pursuing the Doctor upstairs and 3 Daleks cornering Ace, who closes her eyes and readies a rifle grenade...) but the resolutions were pants to both those cliffhangers. Awfully pat resolutions (Ace opens a door, then the Dalek doesn't blast the door? Doctor saves Ace with a MacGuffin he made in five minutes) can damage a story.

A companion from the future? That's a tricky one. It has to be done well or you get a Mel Bush character. She was a computer programmer at a time when not many people knew what a computer programmer was actually like (1986-1987) so they didn't give her anything intelligent to do and just made her like a Chipmunk on a high - which irritated the heck out of viewers.

Wendy Padbury's Zoe Herriot was it done well. A shop assistant who had been taught by computer. She was very intelligent and often didn't know she was insulting the Doctor (Troughton) when she used lines like "The Doctor? He's almost as intelligent as I am!" and later calculates missile trajectories faster than UNIT's computer can so they can be shot down.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

And another season has drawn to a close. And what a fantastic season it was full of exciting episodes that had wonderful names and characters.
I can't wait to see River again in the Christmas episode. I always found her story tragic and wonderfully crafted.
I thought that the second last episode "heaven sent" was a fantastic one, I think the Twelth Doctor is best when he is alone. Although I didn't personally like the last episode "Hell Bent". I loved seeing Me again, she is probably my favourite character of this season. However I thought that the Hybrid was overhyped as it turned out to bee of little to no importance. I didn't like how Clara lived in the end, her death symbolised that there are consequences to traveling with the doctor, kind of like Amy and Rory. I thought the way it was done was very clever and well done, however I didn't like that it happened
Hi Hi Pie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Any current thoughts on a long dormant topic?
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

by long you mean like 5 years?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

OdedZeituni98 wrote:by long you mean like 5 years?
Thereabouts...…..
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Can't wait for the next season, the trailer looks very good. Except the part at the end where it DOESN'T HAVE A DATE :twisted:
I bet it gets pushed back to March 20th.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

There we go, I knew we had a thread, finally found it, anyways, did you guys know that the Daleks say exterminate to reload their laser guns? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, which is why Doctor Who is my favorite show 793/10.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I've heard that, but I don't remember where :D
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I do believe it was from an episode with Clara, maybe it was Into the Dalek, maybe it was something else, too many Dalek episodes.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

furrygamer793 wrote:I do believe it was from an episode with Clara, maybe it was Into the Dalek, maybe it was something else, too many Dalek episodes.
The Witch's Familiar IIRC. Missy seals Clara in a dalek travel machine to camoflage her, but then sits back to watch as Clara tries to use the censored speech system to tell the Doctor she's in there.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

That sounds rightish to me too.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia