• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 9766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245
My Little Pony 

Post Re: My Little Pony
New American episode time! The final Daring Do episode of the series. This one was pretty good honestly, not to much worse than the other Daring Do episodes. I liked that it looked at the other side of things but I have to admit that Ahuizotl's reformation is way less believable than that of Cabalaron. His first episode showed him clearly as a bad guy and while I can think of a few reasons that he might do what he tried to do and still be a good guy its pretty odd and weak IMO. Fluttershy was honestly the highlight of the episode she was great throughout the whole thing. It makes sense that she would be the one to want to listen to others compared to Rainbow Dash she even pointed out why Daring Do might not be as virtuous as she thinks she is. Daring Do realizing that she might have been in the wrong even if she was doing things for a good reason, at least to her, was nice. I also really liked the ending that was expected but cute as well.Overall I would give this one a 7.5/10 Pretty good overall.

Edit: New episode time! This one was good. Nothing amazing but pretty good. The CMC not being able to go on their own is a little weird IMO, and why didn't they ask Scootaloos Aunts? (likely the episode was written before Last Crusade) Outside of that though the premise was good and I liked the song quite a bit. I liked the return of creepy ticket pony. Them getting lost in the swamp was funny and I liked a lot of that scene. The two new characters were good. I understood where both of them were coming from even if Biscuit was clearly wrong.

The new animal was interesting and I liked how it turns into a massive tornado, I loved that nod to Wizard of Oz they had as well. The ending was expected but maybe could have used a cut away to Twilight and Fluttershy realizing what had happened rather than just them randomly showing up.
Overall a pretty good episode 7.5/10 much like the last one.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:13 am
laughing maniacally

I just wonder why they didn't ask Pinkie Pie, taking them to a fair seems right up her alley. unless they explained that and i missed it.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:45 am

In a surprise to basically no one who pays attention to how popular these kinds of things are The Comics are doing an official Season 10 Continuation. I will be picking these up for sure to see how they are.

Edit: Time for the newest American Episode! The Big Mac Question is one of the best episodes of the season for sure.I liked the interview process that they were doing with everyone telling parts of the story. Tons of nice little references one to Star Trek, and even one to the comics somewhat with the apples. LYRA AND BONBON IS OFFICIALLY CANON! In the words of Thor "I knew it!" I am so glad this finally happened. Both Sugar Belles and Big Mac's ideas for proposing were cute though completely over the top honestly. Ms. Cake was a bit stupid to take on all of that at such a short notice. Discord was his usual self and great as always.Overall I would give this one a 10/10 one of the best of the season as I said. Only one week remains guys all three final episodes air on the 12th.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Part Of The Journey Is The End

Ok finale time! I really enjoyed the heck out of this finale. Tons of great stuff in it. Some not so great things as well.I think the Discord twist wasn't well done even if it was far from the worst twist I've seen. Glimmer was a complete badflank the whole time, seriously elevated her in my eyes in the end. Loved her fight with Chrysalis that was sooo good. Cozy Glow was a pretty good throughout as well I liked her chaos powered form. Terik was being the most logical of the three as usual.

The Avengers Assemble style scene was absolutely epic and I loved the fact that Queen Novo, Skystar, Tempest and Capper all ended up showing back up. No Captain Celaeno and the Parrot Pirates though I'm gonna actually ask about that if I can catch Big Jim's Q&A tomorrow. I'm glad they all got turned to stone honestly it is one of the major things that MLP has over Steven Universe. It is willing to admit some people just need some punishment and they can't really be rehabilitated.

Lyra and Bon Bon finally got married which was nice. I want to see some of the things in those stain glasses. Guess the season 10 comics will deal with them though. The future stuff was great I loved seeing the grown up Student Six and Cake Twins (the CMC we had already seen). I guess Granny and Goldie are gone now since AJ and Apple Bloom were wearing their scarfs. Not too surprising. That final song got me hard, every time I watched the finale I cried when I heard it. That is going to get bronies going for years to come I think.Overall I'm gonna rate episode 24 a 8/10 the twist brings it down. episode 25 a 9/10 and 26 a 9/10. Overall the combined finale (which is the way it's meant to be watched as that is how they premiered it.) is a 9.5/10 only a few small things bring it down from being a perfect 10/10

And that is all they wrote for now on Friendship is Magic it was a great ride and I can't wait to see what's next.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Edit: By the way if I were to rank the seasons it would be like this
1. Season 4
2. Season 5
3. Season 2
4. Season 7
5. Season 9
6. Season 1
7. Season 8
8. Season 3
9. Season 6

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:27 pm
laughing maniacally

I'm a fan of all the shipping fanservice in the final episodes. Pinkie and Cheese was a no brainer, not sure if AppleDash was 100% confirmed but they definitely were bickering like an old married couple, same idea with Fluttercord. my one gripe with that song was that it missed 2 chances at fun callbacks cause Rarity's verse said her element and Dash's said "big adventure" like she does in the opening and i'd have liked one of those to carry to all of them.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:42 am

RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
I'm a fan of all the shipping fanservice in the final episodes. Pinkie and Cheese was a no brainer, not sure if AppleDash was 100% confirmed but they definitely were bickering like an old married couple, same idea with Fluttercord. my one gripe with that song was that it missed 2 chances at fun callbacks cause Rarity's verse said her element and Dash's said "big adventure" like she does in the opening and i'd have liked one of those to carry to all of them.

According to leaked material (and somewhat implied by Big Jims Q&A)AppleDash and Fluttercord were intentionally implied and both are thought to be canon by I think the whole staff IIRC.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245