Reply to topic  [ 9200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230  Next
My Little Pony 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
This: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... r_toys.png

Edit: due to a variety of things, I have only just now gotten to watch Twilight Time. Pretty sure this is my new favorite CMC episode. Good writing that really showcased this cartoon's greatest strength: character interactions. I liked the growth the CMC are experiencing, especially in regards to how Sweetie Belle assumed an informal leadership role. The lesson was a good one that I'm pretty sure the show hasn't covered before.

Twilight Time was also funny for me for two personal reasons. One of those is that in my fan fics I always have Twilight teaching Sweetie Belle magic. The other reason is that, seeing as how the voice of Sweetie Belle's voice actress has changed the most over the course of the show, it kinda goes with my headcanon that Sweetie Belle's the oldest of the three. (Silly, I know, but it's me.)


Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm
Profile YIM
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17030
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
okay, how was I just now made aware of the ship name for Twilight and Flash Sentry, and how did I not realize it myself: Flashlight

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:42 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
okay, how was I just now made aware of the ship name for Twilight and Flash Sentry, and how did I not realize it myself: Flashlight


Yeah that is a really good ship name I laughed when I first heard it because of how good it fit.

Penwrite wrote:
This: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... r_toys.png

Edit: due to a variety of things, I have only just now gotten to watch Twilight Time. Pretty sure this is my new favorite CMC episode. Good writing that really showcased this cartoon's greatest strength: character interactions. I liked the growth the CMC are experiencing, especially in regards to how Sweetie Belle assumed an informal leadership role. The lesson was a good one that I'm pretty sure the show hasn't covered before.

Twilight Time was also funny for me for two personal reasons. One of those is that in my fan fics I always have Twilight teaching Sweetie Belle magic. The other reason is that, seeing as how the voice of Sweetie Belle's voice actress has changed the most over the course of the show, it kinda goes with my headcanon that Sweetie Belle's the oldest of the three. (Silly, I know, but it's me.)


I always did like the idea of Twilight teaching Sweetie Belle magic, so I'm really glad its official canon. Also the voice actors are another huge reason I think they will end up aging up the CMC officially at some point and getting them their cutie marks. Its either that or change voice actors like they did for Pip and I think with how big the CMC are in the show that's not really possible

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:50 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17030
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
IceKitsune wrote:
the voice actors are another huge reason I think they will end up aging up the CMC officially at some point and getting them their cutie marks. Its either that or change voice actors like they did for Pip and I think with how big the CMC are in the show that's not really possible

not necessarily. Girls voices don;t change as much when they hit puberty, so young female VAs can usually still play their roles as they age, whereas boys can't.
also, apparently it wasn't an age issue with Pipsqueak cause the new one's 3 years older than the old one. and that's their ages now, so the new one's 5 years older than the first one was when the episode was made

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:14 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am
Posts: 199
Location: Manchester, England
Post Re: My Little Pony
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
okay, how was I just now made aware of the ship name for Twilight and Flash Sentry, and how did I not realize it myself: Flashlight


Oh em gee, I never woulda thought of that myself. That's genious.

_________________
Image

Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox


Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Just saw the new episode, that was fun not as good as other episodes this season but it was fun. I liked the Breezies especiallySeabreeze he was a great character. In fact I'm sorry he did nothing wrong really. Sure he was a bit forceful (which was the point of the episode really) but the man wanted to go home to see his wife and child; the others just wanted to screw around and do nothing.

Their language was neat to hear I liked that they did that. The spell to turn them into the Breezies was neat looking and a nice little addition to Twilights spells. Especially liked Dashes comment about wanting to be a Gryphon at the end there that was funny and a bit interesting.

I also like the, at least how I see it anyway, subtle reference to End of Flutter Valley with Sea Breeze being confronted by the bees. Fluttershy was IMO showing some good character development in this episode even if it took a while for it to kick in. It was also nice to see the Cakes get screen time here as well. I always said they are really underused. In the show and the fandom considering Pinkie lives with them.
Also background Doctor and Rose looking for Void Stuff! Neat little reference there. Over all this episode was a 7/10 for me.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:07 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17030
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
guys
Doctor Whooves wearing 3D glasses. With Roseluck as a companion. It's canon.

also canon
Dash is a Griffon furry
(I know they were already mentioned but I don't care, they're awesome :P)

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:18 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
Is it just me or are Pinkie Pie and Rarity kinda diverting as characters from how they started? Pinkie Pie has always been obnoxious but it seems like nowadays she's just loud all the time. And Rarity's fashion sense has kind of become an informed attribute. She's gotten into all kinds of gaudy, ridiculous designs recently.

This episode was alright. I loved Rainbow Dash at the end. I imagine this will spawn lots of fan art. :P

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Sleet wrote:
Is it just me or are Pinkie Pie and Rarity kinda diverting as characters from how they started? Pinkie Pie has always been obnoxious but it seems like nowadays she's just loud all the time. And Rarity's fashion sense has kind of become an informed attribute. She's gotten into all kinds of gaudy, ridiculous designs recently.

This episode was alright. I loved Rainbow Dash at the end. I imagine this will spawn lots of fan art. :P


I don't know, I always found most of Rarity's outfits a little on the gaudy and ridiculous side. *shrug* And as for Pinkie, will watch some season 1 and 4 episodes back to back to see.

Edit: saw the new episode last night. Really liked it. Seabreeze was adorable. Fantastic and totally unexpected Doctor Who reference.

Did anyone else catch how the beginning was a reversal of the "LOUDER!" scene from season one? I haven't seen that mentioned in many places and I think it's really awesome.


Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:17 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
I don't know, I always found most of Rarity's outfits a little on the gaudy and ridiculous side.
I dunno, I thought her Gala dresses were nice. Contrast a dress that literally glows.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
The dress might've worked if it was night, heh.


Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:17 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
This graph is pretty cool. It charts the episodes according to their IMDB user ratings. Seems like the users agree with me on season 4 having a strong start and declining after it.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Sleet wrote:
This graph is pretty cool. It charts the episodes according to their IMDB user ratings. Seems like the users agree with me on season 4 having a strong start and declining after it.


That is really neat! I love how each of the seasons seem to follow the fandom perception of them, Season 1 gets better as you go, Season 2 is steady, Season 3 gets worse as you go and Season 4 is better then season 3 but not as good as 2 or 1 (which I personally disagree with but that's not the point)

Edit: I thought that this one was pretty good, as most people guessed its basically AJs Lesson Zero (to an extent anyway) Over protective AJ was neat to watch for a while and got silly in a good way. I liked the chimera a lot she was a neat villain and the Cajan Ponies at the end were funny and surprising. AJ fighting the chimera at the end was very nice really liked that action scene. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were really cute in this one I liked seeing them here. I really loved when Applebloom started to sing and Scootaloo just stopped her after a few seconds. I think that kind of confirms that I'm likely right about how songs work in the FiM verse.

Overall I give this one a 7.5/10 good and worth another watch but not one of the best.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 am
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1498
Post Re: My Little Pony
I liked this ep. New creature, which should make fanfic writers happy and we got to see AJ acting majorly obsessive which was cute. Not sure why folks thought it would have to do with their parents tho.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Foxstar wrote:
I liked this ep. New creature, which should make fanfic writers happy and we got to see AJ acting majorly obsessive which was cute. Not sure why folks thought it would have to do with their parents tho.


A lot of people, from what I saw, were thinking that AJs parents might have died on one of these trips to make the deliveries, therefore fueling AJs paranoia and what not.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:27 am
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1498
Post Re: My Little Pony
IceKitsune wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
I liked this ep. New creature, which should make fanfic writers happy and we got to see AJ acting majorly obsessive which was cute. Not sure why folks thought it would have to do with their parents tho.


A lot of people, from what I saw, were thinking that AJs parents might have died on one of these trips to make the deliveries, therefore fueling AJs paranoia and what not.


Yeah I noticed from reading EQDaily. I think folks are just going to have to accept that they are never going to cover why her parents are gone. It's simply too tricky of a issue.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Foxstar wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
I liked this ep. New creature, which should make fanfic writers happy and we got to see AJ acting majorly obsessive which was cute. Not sure why folks thought it would have to do with their parents tho.


A lot of people, from what I saw, were thinking that AJs parents might have died on one of these trips to make the deliveries, therefore fueling AJs paranoia and what not.


Yeah I noticed from reading EQDaily. I think folks are just going to have to accept that they are never going to cover why her parents are gone. It's simply too tricky of a issue.


Yeah, if they do it will be for The Movie (a proper FiM one, not EQG) where they would be able to be more serious. I will admit this, after watching the episode the idea that they died on one of the deliveries does seem pretty plausible. I personally accept it as a head canon for now along with this episode basically confirming my idea that songs in the FiM verse are a type of Magic, much like Bard songs in D&D and other RPGs ect.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: Ponyville
Post Re: My Little Pony
i love this episode simply for the chair

Image

but this makes it better

Image

_________________
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Random_Fandom/index/
http://mariomarc.deviantart.com/

Looking for Love
Image


Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
Haha, that's great.

I really liked this episode. Crazy Applejack was funny (I really liked the helmet gags), though I felt it was a bit out-of-character for her. She's usually pretty grounded. The parents theory makes a lot of sense of it though!

Also cutting the song short was great. Especially because Apple Bloom is a really bad singer.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am
Posts: 199
Location: Manchester, England
Post Re: My Little Pony
Yeah, when the song began I was like "Arrrgh! No! Not another lame-o song!" and I so breathed a sigh of relief when they stopped her.

Also I lol'd at the lightsaber-chair gif there. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image

Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox


Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Episode 22 synopsis Oh this one sounds really nice, something a lot of Dash fans have been waiting for. :D

Edit: Episode 19 synopsis

Edit 2: Read the new Friends Forever comic, it was ok better then the first one but not as good as the second. It really did address, and Jossed, a few Fandom depictions of Celestia. Namely Manipulator/Chess Master Celestia and Mom Celestia, and Troll Celestia, as far as Twilight is concerned anyway. Or completely depending on how you want to consider Castle Mane-ia. Yes this comic straight up states that Celestia did not raise Spike, and she doesn't let Twilight deal with things to be cruel or as a joke. Overall it was a nice exploration of Celestia, and Spike worth a read but I would wait for the collection or a sale to happen personally.

Edit 3: Ok the newest episode was a fun one. Maud was neat andI loved when she chucked the heck out of that rock. The poetry part was also really funny. I love how it explored Pinkie Pie more and gave us a look at the rock farm again even if I would have liked them showing her parents and other sisters. All of the Mane 5 trying to get along with Maud was great and I liked how desperate Rarity was offering to sew up dirty dish towels for her.
The obstacle course was nice looking and my god Maud destroying the heck out of that huge rock and being as fast as heck was so amazing. So I guess super speed just a thing Pinkies family has, and I guess the Pinkie traded off the strength for being able to break physics.

Overall I give this one a 8/10 really darn good.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 am
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1498
Post Re: My Little Pony
People seem pretty divided on the ep with some hating it and others loving it. You can put me down as one of the folks who loved it. I thought Maud was pretty darn need. Sure she's not Pinkie, but she had enough interesting stuff to keep things fun.


Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: Ponyville
Post Re: My Little Pony
SHE ATE
A DIAMOND

SHE CHEWED IT UP AND SWALLOWED IT
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER

_________________
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Random_Fandom/index/
http://mariomarc.deviantart.com/

Looking for Love
Image


Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
mariomarc wrote:
SHE ATE
A DIAMOND

SHE CHEWED IT UP AND SWALLOWED IT
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER


That was cool but I really liked how she saved Pinkie Pie. Destroying that rock with her hooves was completely awesome

Also something else a lot of people likely didn't notice, Maude does have a cutie mark you can see it when she is punching the bolder. Its just a gray or black diamond shaped rock.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:57 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15497
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
I thought it was a pretty good episode! I didn't love it but it was good.

Though UGH there we go again with Rarity's fashion sense being completely idiotic. C'mon, writers (artists?), please fix this.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:02 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17030
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
My brother and I enjoyed the rock poetry

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Today I posted the final fan fiction I'll ever write, as I move on to a professional writing career. To mark the occasion, I thought I'd share with all of you the very first MLP fic I ever wrote, three years ago to the day. ^_^

http://solaris90.deviantart.com/art/Mov ... 02375&qo=7


Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2055
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
Today I posted the final fan fiction I'll ever write, as I move on to a professional writing career. To mark the occasion, I thought I'd share with all of you the very first MLP fic I ever wrote, three years ago to the day. ^_^

http://solaris90.deviantart.com/art/Mov ... 02375&qo=7


Heh! Short but sweet! What movie did they see?

The furry writer Bernard Doove has actually turned his fan fics into a novel! That might be an avenue worth exploring. But, because of copyright issues, he sells them himself. They do however pop up on Amazon from time to time. His is a story about one of Chrysalis's minions, lost and injured after the Royal Wedding, hiding out in a nearby village disguised as a pegasus pony. Things get complicated when he falls in love with his rescuer.

I just read the next "Friends Forever" comic and it was pretty good. It was obvious that Celestia could have gotten both her and Spike out of the troubles that they encountered but it was nice of her to let Spike try. She was teaching him by letting him try.

The next one advertised in the back has Twilight and Shining Armor. The next after that has Fluttershy and Zecora.

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Penwrite wrote:
Today I posted the final fan fiction I'll ever write, as I move on to a professional writing career. To mark the occasion, I thought I'd share with all of you the very first MLP fic I ever wrote, three years ago to the day. ^_^

http://solaris90.deviantart.com/art/Mov ... 02375&qo=7


Heh! Short but sweet! What movie did they see?

The furry writer Bernard Doove has actually turned his fan fics into a novel! That might be an avenue worth exploring. But, because of copyright issues, he sells them himself. They do however pop up on Amazon from time to time. His is a story about one of Chrysalis's minions, lost and injured after the Royal Wedding, hiding out in a nearby village disguised as a pegasus pony. Things get complicated when he falls in love with his rescuer.

I just read the next "Friends Forever" comic and it was pretty good. It was obvious that Celestia could have gotten both her and Spike out of the troubles that they encountered but it was nice of her to let Spike try. She was teaching him by letting him try.

The next one advertised in the back has Twilight and Shining Armor. The next after that has Fluttershy and Zecora.


Thanks for your kind words. The movie they watched was Twilight.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:31 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2055
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Penwrite wrote:
Today I posted the final fan fiction I'll ever write, as I move on to a professional writing career. To mark the occasion, I thought I'd share with all of you the very first MLP fic I ever wrote, three years ago to the day. ^_^

http://solaris90.deviantart.com/art/Mov ... 02375&qo=7


Heh! Short but sweet! What movie did they see?

The furry writer Bernard Doove has actually turned his fan fics into a novel! That might be an avenue worth exploring. But, because of copyright issues, he sells them himself. They do however pop up on Amazon from time to time. His is a story about one of Chrysalis's minions, lost and injured after the Royal Wedding, hiding out in a nearby village disguised as a pegasus pony. Things get complicated when he falls in love with his rescuer.

I just read the next "Friends Forever" comic and it was pretty good. It was obvious that Celestia could have gotten both her and Spike out of the troubles that they encountered but it was nice of her to let Spike try. She was teaching him by letting him try.

The next one advertised in the back has Twilight and Shining Armor. The next after that has Fluttershy and Zecora.


Thanks for your kind words. The movie they watched was Twilight.


No wonder it flew right over my head!

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Well I just read issue 17 of the comic. A few very neat things here, Starswirl acts a lot like Pinkie Pie. Tons of references to various stuff from other comics and movies ect. as usual. Really love the Doctor Strange and Man with the Golden Gun reference. Fluttershy T-rex was nice and what was likely the referces to Fausts orginal plan for Twilight (which is exactly what everyone thought, Court Magic Adviser) Also Fluttershy wanted to be a dentist when she grew up. The only one with an aspiration different then what she ended up doing.

I don't think this arc is going to end up being what a lot of people think it is, at least from the first issue anyway. So far its looking like the other world is one in which Sombra either won back before Lunas banishment; Or is a good guy. Either way apparently in her travels with Starswirl she ran across some stallion who ran a kingdom (it is implied but not stated to be Sombra and Equestria respectively) and fell in love with him.

Starswirl being a jerk for a, as it stands in this issue anyway, very poor reason. Seals off the mirror and forbids Celestia from seeing this Stallion. (again likely Sombra?) Later on in the present, I guess she figures out how to undo Starswirls spell and goes to see him again. Leading to Luna panicking and sending the mane 6 to look for her.

If I had to guess; Sombra and Chrysalis are good guys here, Celestia and Luna are evil, but Sombra and Chrysalis still won. So its not really a Mirror Universe like Star Trek. (where the good guys are bad but still rule) Likely given the ending shot I bet in her original travels Celestia ran into Sombra (who is either immortal in this other universe or time is flowing differently there) before he found his Celestia and they hit it off. When she came back Sombra had fought his version of Celestia and thought that our Celestia was that one and beat the tar out of her.

Or they ran into Sombras Celestia and Luna and fought them, which is also possible. This is all of course assuming that the Stallion that she fell for was in fact Sombra.

Edit: Given the other covers and the synopsis's its the second option. Also one of the Friends Forever is going to be Trixie and Rainbow Dash :? That is certainly a team up I never thought I would see.

Edit 2: Another thing I really like about this development if you take the comics as canon this makes Crystal Empire make a bit more sense. Along with having a lot of faith in Twilight and needing to see if she was ready to protect a kingdom, it would have been hard on her to have to banish a look alike of someone she loved twice. Of course this is assuming Alt-Sombra is the one she was in love with and it isn’t a fake out of some kind.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:16 am
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1498
Post Re: My Little Pony
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
The furry writer Bernard Doove has actually turned his fan fics into a novel! That might be an avenue worth exploring. But, because of copyright issues, he sells them himself.


Also note that Bernard Doove's stuff is most of the time terribly written and he created a new bench mark in creating a Mary-Sue race. He doesn't even come close to Rick's writings.

Anyway, I really liked this ep. It's pretty need to see Luna guiding ponies and helping them avoid trouble. Sweetie Belle was great as always.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:11 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
The creator of those Button Mash animations got a Cease & Desist. I am the sad. :cry:


Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:24 am
Profile YIM
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1498
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
The creator of those Button Mash animations got a Cease & Desist. I am the sad. :cry:


Yeah but Hasbro was within their rights and as a few people have pointed out, he had to know this was coming.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
I don't know, the Button Mash stuff seemed like it would fall under fair use as parody.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile YIM
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17030
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
I don't know, the Button Mash stuff seemed like it would fall under fair use as parody.

Yes, but that still means that a C&D isn't unlikely to be sent. And they have to comply because A) It would take more money than anyone on Jan's side has to defend it under fair use and B) Jan hopes to be involved with the show in an official capacity some day and doesn't want to get on Hasbro's bad side.

However, according to EqD, Hasbro's VP of development says he's looking into this. I imagine that, while they may not be able to continue with the CMC, Button is Jan's IP with the exception of his design, and even that only showed up in a few seconds, so they may be able to continue without them.

and even if they can't, they apparently play to adapt their existing scripts to a new animation style and completely original character designs, so we'll still get the same thing without the pony.

onto the new episode, I loved Luna and Sweetie. I love the idea that for ponies, seeing Luna is a sign that they're dreaming, except when it isn't. I like to imagine that sometimes ponies see her and start doing crazy stuff they'd never do in real life, and then find out it's real.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4313
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
This episode was really good (finally got to watch it after getting off work) it was nice to see Luna getting screen time both in the dreams and outside of them. Sweetie Belle was great in this one and I liked that they brought back Sapphire Shores. Its nice to see minor characters like that again, it adds to the world building. The dream sequences were really nice looking they were my favorite part of the whole episode. Also I believe that Sweetie Belle referencing her 5th Birthday was the first time an actual age was given to a pony in the major cast.

Overall I'm giving it a 7.5/10

Also the final thing I will say about this whole Jan business is this, up until this point I actually though that she had permission from Hasbro to make the animations (due to her working on the Brony Documentary thing) at least a few of them to use as a portfolio of shorts to get jobs and whatnot. Because my thoughts here is why in the world would anyone be stupid enough to work so hard on something that could be C&D'd at anytime. I'm really not trying to be insulting to Jan here but its the same thing with Fighting is Magic to this day I still don't get why they showed it off so publicly (when they showed it at EVO and tried to get it in I and a lot of other people though they actually had Hasbros permission) when they didn't have Hasbros go ahead.

If you are going to do something that labor intensive either get permission or do something original. Not getting permission and continuing anyway is just extremely stupid.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Creators are a strange, often obsessive lot who don't think quite the same way as those who don't create. Next to drawing, fan fiction, and music, they probably sought to do something different, unique, and got carried away.

And it's not like there isn't a history of fan works becoming new, official stuff. Counter-Strike was originally a fan mod of Half-Life before it was acquired by Valve. Team Fortress 2 is a sequel to a game that was originally just a mod of Quake. Within the last couple of months it become possible to write and sell Veronica Mars fan fiction through Amazon. And anyway, the Fighting is Magic team got to put the skills they'd learned to work by making an all-new game with Lauren Faust herself, so I'd say it worked out well enough for them.

Anywho, we've seen Luna visit Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Wonder when she'll visit Apple Bloom, lol.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:53 pm
Profile YIM
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17030
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
I had actually forgotten that he had helped with the brony documentary. I suppose the fact that he had previously worked on something that official made it more likely that people would think that Button's Adventures was official.
But I hadn't thought that he had Hasbro's permission or that a C&D was likely, so If Jan didn't know either I don't blame him. I didn't view fan animations any differently than fan comics, and since I haven't seen any of those getting C&D I didn't expect this to get one. It's not like it was put in a large and very public venue like EVO, it was just on his youtube.

Don't get me wrong, Hasbro still had every right to issue the C&D, but I don't blame Jan if he was surprised.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3331
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Just finished watching the latest episode. Sweetie Belle continues to be my favorite CMC and continues to rise as one of my favorite ponies. A good lesson that wasn't hammered in.

Edit: I also liked how Sweetie Belle actually used her magic in this episode. Character growth! :D


Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.