My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Radio Blue Heart

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

KJOokami wrote:Only thing I'm going to say about the episode is that I'm curious as to how they're planning to account for the fact she's apparently a Wonderbolt now, but is still going to be spending the majority of her time with the main cast. Unless they're going to have her come flying in at the beginning of every episode saying, "Hey guys, I just got off of [insert Wonderbolt-related event]. What have I missed?"
I wouldn't think that they would remove her from some episodes while she is at basic training. Maybe this is just some kind of one-off thing.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:Only thing I'm going to say about the episode is that I'm curious as to how they're planning to account for the fact she's apparently a Wonderbolt now, but is still going to be spending the majority of her time with the main cast. Unless they're going to have her come flying in at the beginning of every episode saying, "Hey guys, I just got off of [insert Wonderbolt-related event]. What have I missed?"
Well I think she would be in training for quite a while before going on to do Events. As for the training itself it could just happen inbetween episode easily. Really its like her job as a weather pony I mean how many times has that ever even come up? Twice I think.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Is there an episode where it's explicitly stated that RD even has a job? I mean, in the S1 opener, she was "responsible" for clearing the skies for the Summer Sun Celebration, but that doesn't actually mean she's employed as a weatherpony.

For some reason, I'm feeling like her being a weatherpony is just a fan-created thing. Can you confirm/deny that?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Penwrite wrote:edit: also, is it bad that it took me nearly a third of the episode to notice Spitfire's voice was different from her last two speaking appearances?
I noticed right away, to the point I actually questioned whether or not it actually was her.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:Is there an episode where it's explicitly stated that RD even has a job? I mean, in the S1 opener, she was "responsible" for clearing the skies for the Summer Sun Celebration, but that doesn't actually mean she's employed as a weatherpony.

For some reason, I'm feeling like her being a weatherpony is just a fan-created thing. Can you confirm/deny that?
Freindship is Magic part 1 when she is introducing herself IIRC, and in Bridle Gossip Spike states that she was being lazy and not clearing the skies in the morning or something to that effect, along with Hurricane Fluttershy and some Hasbro related stuff I think calls her the lead weather pony for Ponyville. And I can't believe I forgot Winter Wrap Up she was the lead of the Weather Ponies there as well.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I could've sworn her job is to move clouds and deal with weather. It seems to be the undertone anyway.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Also, this episode made me think that this is in fact the last season.
edit: continuity fail
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok one that is not a continuity fail at all the first tornado needed to be much more powerful then the second one did that is why she need the whole town and why it was hard even with that. Also we already have confirmation of Season 4 Hasbro already paid DHX for it.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

IceKitsune wrote:Ok one that is not a continuity fail at all the first tornado needed to be much more powerful then the second one did that is why she need the whole town and why it was hard even with that. Also we already have confirmation of Season 4 Hasbro already paid DHX for it.
s4 was confirmed? That's a nice christmas gift!
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Bottom of Page 11 it says they got paid $1.63 Million for My Little Pony Seasons 2-4 for people who want proof. There was also an interview somewhere were one of the either voice actors or animators let it slip they were doing Season 4 or something like that.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

IceKitsune wrote:Bottom of Page 11 it says they got paid $1.63 Million for My Little Pony Seasons 2-4 for people who want proof. There was also an interview somewhere were one of the either voice actors or animators let it slip they were doing Season 4 or something like that.
Thanks!
As for the tornado thing, I thought that the one RD and that other pegasus whose name keeps slipping my mind created was just as strong. I might be wrong, of course.
also, This
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:Ok one that is not a continuity fail at all the first tornado needed to be much more powerful then the second one did that is why she need the whole town and why it was hard even with that. Also we already have confirmation of Season 4 Hasbro already paid DHX for it.
True. In "Hurricane Fluttershy" they had to move a great deal of water and not clouds.

And that is very good news! Maybe they will move up next seasons premier date and not make us wait so long. Or miss a Halloween themed episode again.
-Virgil
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Freindship is Magic part 1 when she is introducing herself IIRC,

Being responsible for clearing the skies for a specific event isn't the same thing as having an occupation in that field.
IceKitsune wrote:and in Bridle Gossip Spike states that she was being lazy and not clearing the skies in the morning or something to that effect,
Spike does seem to make an off-hand statement about her "getting up early for once" to clear the clouds, but that seems to say that Ponyville doesn't have an official weather crew more than it says that RD is a part of it.
IceKitsune wrote:along with Hurricane Fluttershy and some Hasbro related stuff I think calls her the lead weather pony for Ponyville. And I can't believe I forgot Winter Wrap Up she was the lead of the Weather Ponies there as well.
Same as the first thing. Being in charge of weather for specific events isn't the same as having a career as a weatherpony. Seems more like volunteer work than her job.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Here's the thing there is as far as I can tell nothing in the show itself that says she is a weather pony. However every single piece of evidence points to that fact and there is nothing to contradict it.

Also there is the synopses for the Rainbow Dash Micro Series Note the word job used in the description : MY LITTLE PONY MICRO SERIES #2 (OF 6) RAINBOW DASH
The next in a series of spotlights focusing on everyone’s favorite Ponies! Rainbow Dash takes her job patrolling the skies very seriously, but she may have met her match when a group of mischievous cloud gremlins threaten to block out the sun! Rainbow Dash will have her hooves full when it comes to these pint-sized menaces!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Hey guys, ready for this

(hands out tin foil hats)

Latest episode:
Wild Fire, Storyboard OC:

Notice the cutie mark.

From her DeviantArt:
Oh....I know the story...can't really talk about it though. Needless to say a bunch of us were bummed out when it happened.

Okay.. so, perhaps they don't want OC ponies in the show anymore?
but.. that's not true because this girl shows up

who's she? here's a deleted Tweet:

And here's the OC posted in 2011 on a RP forum, he made it for his son.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/vi ... &start=770

but hey, at least Andrea Libman is rather fond of her new pony OC.
https://twitter.com/AndreaLibman

RL:DR I have to much free time apprantly
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You do. and for that, you deserve a riggity old cane +1 to go along with that tin foil hat cult =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah I bet some one from high up in Hasbro told them they can't be putting themselves in the show anymore, or she made a higher up angry perhaps

Though thinking about it her OC was already an adult when we first saw her and that was in a flash back to when Twilight was a filly. I mean she would have been kind of old to start doing what would basically be military training.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:However every single piece of evidence points to that fact and there is nothing to contradict it.
There's also nothing to contradict a claim that RD is gay; but seeing as there is no evidence to directly support such a claim, we can readily dismiss it. There is a similar lack of support for a claim that RD is a weatherpony by profession.
IceKitsune wrote:Also there is the synopses for the Rainbow Dash Micro Series Note the word job used in the description : MY LITTLE PONY MICRO SERIES #2 (OF 6) RAINBOW DASH
The next in a series of spotlights focusing on everyone’s favorite Ponies! Rainbow Dash takes her job patrolling the skies very seriously, but she may have met her match when a group of mischievous cloud gremlins threaten to block out the sun! Rainbow Dash will have her hooves full when it comes to these pint-sized menaces!
It's important to note that the comics are written by Katie Cook and Andy Price; neither of whom are involved in the show to any degree.

Either way, this has gotten pretty far off the original topic of my statement. That being that Rainbow Dash has presumably accomplished her life goal and will be joining her idols as a Wonderbolt at some point in the near future. Assuming that she will go through more training before she becomes a full member (which is a fair assumption, I think), this is still not something that you can just toss under the rug. This is what RD has been babbling about every chance she gets since the series began. It's a pretty freakin' big deal. And it would be incredibly silly for them to just treat it as if nothing special happened; which is why I was hoping for (and fully expecting) Rainbow Dash's resignation from the camp.

Now that they've gone and given her a pass by having RD's lecture change Spitfire's mind, I sincerely hope they have a plan to account for this.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

They kinda had to have Spitfire change her mind after the lecture, otherwise the lesson becomes something like "bullies can accomplish their dreams while holding on to your morals can cost you yours"

not very encouraging, is it? They're supposed to teach things to kids, but the "sometimes life isn't fair" lesson doesn't come until beyond the target demographic of this show.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:They kinda had to have Spitfire change her mind after the lecture, otherwise the lesson becomes something like "bullies can accomplish their dreams while holding on to your morals can cost you yours"

not very encouraging, is it? They're supposed to teach things to kids, but the "sometimes life isn't fair" lesson doesn't come until beyond the target demographic of this show.
He does however have a point, this isn't really something they can just ignore and never bring up again I mean they really can't have RD still wanting to get into the Wonderbolts when she is already in the Wonderbolts (even if she still has more training to do). So I wonder what they are going to do with it after this.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm not arguing that that's a good point, but it was an inevitable issue as soon as they decided to make this episode.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I have to admit I was actually shocked by the ending to this episode I never thought that they would change the status-quo of the show like this.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

well at the beginning the episode they stated she would be back in a week
so obviously even after being accepted as a wonderbolt, there is still some time between recruitment and actual being a wonderbolt
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah, not to mention the show is only loosely chronological.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

On the bright side, Hasbro can now sell toys of Rainbow Dash in the Wonderbolt uniform. ;)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Also from what I'm hearing I was right in my second assumption basically Wild Fire was pulled because Sibsy got the higher ups angry, they gave her the permission to put the OC in once and she she tried to do it again and they came down on her. Which is why the other OC was in that same episode.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ya know, I think it's a good thing they're putting less Derpy into the episodes. Y'all wouldn't believe the number of times I've looked through comments on EqD and YouTube that basically went "Everything else paled next to that Derpy scene" or "I thought the episode was okay, but it would have been better if I hadn't spent the whole time looking for Derpy."

I think that's a bit obsessive over one background pony, and the people making the sure have made the right decision.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah as much as I like the nods to the fandom some people get annoying with it. Its to the point were basically the fandom is beginning to think that they run the show especially 4chan.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I mean, if Derpy is actually distracting people from the show itself, keeping them from noticing the clever plots and funny jokes and sweet character moments, then she's doing more harm then good at this point. Maybe the poor girl just needs a rest for a little while.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I think this is still the result of the Derpy controversy. I don't care if there's or not a derpy like a "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego" kinda of thing. As long as the reason for Derpy's removal was something like "we got tired of placing her in the episodes. This joke is old", then I'm okay with it. Any other reason other than tiredness of the same gag would raise even more controversy and rage.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:I mean, if Derpy is actually distracting people from the show itself, keeping them from noticing the clever plots and funny jokes and sweet character moments, then she's doing more harm then good at this point. Maybe the poor girl just needs a rest for a little while.
Yeah it is stupid that people only watch the show for the fan nods and Derpy. There is so much good stuff about this show with out that stuff that it never really made sense to me to only watch just for that.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

die hard Spike edition
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Yeah I know, it doesn't make any sense, not even sure why I made this, o right, because I wanted too.

Also, weekly Mix: https://soundcloud.com/kyderra/the-amble-gait-episode-3
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Kyderra... you made me have sads... :(
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

My friend and I watched a Skyrim mod last night where they replaced the dragons with ponies. Freakin' Fluttershy was blowing the whole town up with flames. :lol:
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Radio Blue Heart

Antagonists do not just need to return! They need to team-up!

They need to date!

The shipping is taking over!

-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ooh, I don't see Sparkler actually being one of Derpy's daughters very often. She's freaking adorable with Dinky.

But ya know, comics like this, awesome as they are, make me wonder. Where did Doctor/Derpy even come from? It just seemed to... spontaneously happen, as far as I can tell. Not that I'm complaining.
Radio Blue Heart

Maybe it is because they are the two most popular fan-named characters. Or maybe the potential for comedic mishaps and romance of Doctor Who are doubled by Derpy being a companion.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:My friend and I watched a Skyrim mod last night where they replaced the dragons with ponies. Freakin' Fluttershy was blowing the whole town up with flames. :lol:
I saw that. I love the "yaaay" sound they make. <3
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:
Beagle wrote:My friend and I watched a Skyrim mod last night where they replaced the dragons with ponies. Freakin' Fluttershy was blowing the whole town up with flames. :lol:
I saw that. I love the "yaaay" sound they make. <3
You did watch the same video. <3 I loved how she ate someone at the end. XD
Let me tell you about Homestuck.