My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Sleet »

Or, to be more specific, it happens when they exemplify their element of harmony. Rarity demonstrated generosity and Rainbow Dash demonstrated loyalty.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I know that, I'm just saying that in each of those instances they also happen to inspire another pony with their element. Just saying that that could be significant. Or me over-thinking things. :P

On another note, was I imagining it, or did Fleetfoot have a bit of a lisp? Adorable.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

It wasn't you Penwrite. She did.

I like how that made it so she wasn't just another pony. It seemed to define her as another character for me instead of just a filler or something.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I could totally see Soarin getting paired off with Rainbow Dash.

Except I still like Soarin/Applejack too much. :P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

synopsis for all the upcoming February episodes some of these look pretty interesting IMO. Twilight Time looks like it's going to actively involve Twilights Princesshood which will be nice.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Guys.

I just heard that there are plans for a second Equestria Girls Movie.

Not confirmed as far as I know. But still. Just the thought. I feel like if it's real, it's gonna bomb.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That concerns me. Normally I don't mind things like this existing, but it's gonna take a lot of man (and woman) power out of the studio that could go toward the actual show.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Could explain the massive gap between seasons, them getting more work done before season's start than usual so that they could work on this.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Great ep. I love how people are freaking out over Flash showing up, because as typical, bronies overreact to everything. Flash showing up won't ruin the show. Anyway the ep was pretty classic Discord, great sound, nice pacing and everything.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

He's already canonically a guard. No reason he can't show up.

I liked the episode. It's neat seeing how the different characters react to someone like Discord. I thought it was pretty funny how Rainbow Dash basically wrote herself out of the episode. :p
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Really loved this one Twilight and Cadence interacting was very nice, she needs the screen time badly really. Discord was very very good the whole time loved him. The battle with that worm was unexpected but really cool. I loved the check out of AJs faces in his episode they were great. Also that setup for It isn't easy being breezies was very nice.As for Flash I was actually happy to see him. I still say the best way to make everyone happy would just be to have the guy appear and mention or show that he is married or dating someone. That right there would likely fix him for about 90% of fans I bet. (Though personally I couldn't care less) He's in the Crystal empire anyway so I guess it's not really important though.

8.5/10 for me really good, made me want to see more of Cadence.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

The Discord song could have been a bit better, but It wasn't bad.
I half expected Discord to say he did this to show Twilight that things didn't need to go perfectly for her and Cadance to enjoy spending time together. But the lie he actually told works too =P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Huh. I haven't been in touch with MLP lately since Season 3 ended, but one of the things I got a chuckle out of that i learned recently is that there's apparantly a Japanese version of MLP out there since April of 2013. That actually made me smile since I like hearing whenever something popular that started out in english is dubbed in Japan or China. =3

Gonna have to get my buckle on.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's all over Europe too. The Italian dub has an awesome theme song.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sleet wrote:It's all over Europe too. The Italian dub has an awesome theme song.
Soon it will be all over the world!

Derpys of the world, unite!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Just saw the new episode. Really good. Nice song.

Although... ponies go to the edge of Equestria to retrieve a special flower that can heal a sick friend and have to battle a giant snake-like creature? I think someone read "It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door" before writing this episode. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's called the tatzlwurm. How cool is that?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

About as cool as it bearing a remarkable resemblance to a graboid from Tremors. *nod nod*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pinkie Pride up a day early on Hasbro's Youtube and Itunes looks like some one at Hasbro goofed again or something.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

It was a nice ep.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This one was a blast! The songs were great and Weird Al was perfect in this. I loved Pinkies song when she was going to confront Cheese that was just amazing. I actually wonder how much Weird Al contributed to the songs in this episode. I cracked up when Pinkie told Cheese off for using part of Smile in the polka song and Cheese acting like he had no idea what was going on. Also it is now my head canon (which I had been thinking about for a while and just decided to run with it now) that songs are a type of magic in the FiM verse, much like a Bard song in say D&D.

If you didn't count them there were21 candles on that Birthday Cake they gave Rainbow Dash, so I'm taking that as official that RD is 21 years old now.Also Derpys cameos were nice especially Filly Derpy in the flash back reprise song. I also really liked that Pinkie did the Cakes Baby Shower, it shows that Pinkie has a range of parties she can throw which I feel a lot of people don't explore at all.
Overall I'm giving this one a 8.5/10 for me. A great Pinkie Pie episode that I hope will finally please the people that have been complaining about how Pinkie acts in episodes.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:I actually wonder how much Weird Al contributed to the songs in this episode.
I was wondering the same thing.
IceKitsune wrote:Also it is now my head canon (which I had been thinking about for a while and just decided to run with it now) that songs are a type of magic in the FiM verse, much like a Bard song in say D&D.
that's the only way to explain how everyone else automatically knows the words to songs. and most ponies don't even notice it happening which is why RD said musicals weren't realistic.
my head canon is that earth ponies have their own passive magic relevant to their jobs, so all party ponies are similar to Pinkie in defying logic.

so I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that the rainbow flashing objects will end up serving as the keys to the box that unlocks rainbow power.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I just watched "Ponies The Anthology III", and I really did not like it. It was not nearly as funny as the last two installments, some of it just seems cynical and mean spirited. They also relentlessly bash "Equestria Girls" and writer M A Larson. I realize that not everyone liked "Equestria Girls" and Twilight becoming a princess, but it is done and surely it has not ruined the series. I would like it if they lived up to my expectations of the series but I realize that it never will.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just watched "Ponies The Anthology III", and I really did not like it. It was not nearly as funny as the last two installments, some of it just seems cynical and mean spirited. They also relentlessly bash "Equestria Girls" and writer M A Larson. I realize that not everyone liked "Equestria Girls" and Twilight becoming a princess, but it is done and surely it has not ruined the series. I would like it if they lived up to my expectations of the series but I realize that it never will.
They weren't bashing Larson he was in on the whole thing didn't you see him show up at the end? I don't even think they were really "bashing" EQG that much either, just poking fun at it a lot which, even though I actually liked it, it kind of deserves really.

Edit: The AMV (and its Sequels) that basically got us this weeks episode I still find it hilarious that this one AMV got the ball rolling on this episode.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just watched "Ponies The Anthology III", and I really did not like it. It was not nearly as funny as the last two installments.
Yeah I didn't think it was good as 1 + 2 when I watched it either. :/
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i just want to say that the goof-off song really sounded like a legitimate weird al song
cutting between multiple tunes, one of which was a cover, and it also featured that short polka tune you can hear in most of his music

i've listened to the song quite a few times
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

The only part of PTAIII I really liked was Derpy's Nyan Nyan dance :p
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

According to the credits, Weird Al didn't write any of those songs. The instrumental polka for the closing credits might have been him, though. Who knows?

I really liked this episode! It was fun and silly but also really sweet at the end. The humor was really good, too.

And yeah I'm going with Rainbow Dash being 21. I already pegged them as early 20s so it makes perfect sense to me.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I have to be honest, I think this was one of the better episodes of the whole series so far. (And not because of Weird Al)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I like that in an episode full of weird al, I found "make a wish" to be the catchiest song in the episode
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I like that in an episode full of weird al, I found "make a wish" to be the catchiest song in the episode
Same here, really all the songs were very, very good; but Make a Wish stands out IMO. Second Place is Pinkies Lament for me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so is the consensus that Pinkie outsang weird al this episode? :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:so is the consensus that Pinkie outsang weird al this episode? :P
:lol: Yeah basically but not by much.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So, is it bad that after watching the Super Bowl spot for the next Transformers movie, I was possessed by the desire for Hasbro to make a seriously awesome, dramatic, action-packed My Little Pony movie? Preferably not Equestria Girls? ^^;
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not gonna lie, that would be absolutely awful.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Michael Bay presents my Little Pony: Explosions are Magic

or friendship is explosions?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Nah, it'd be Explosions are Magic.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The thing is Hasbro could easily do a proper (non EQD style) FiM movie, and make it really epic and adventurous. The FiM world is really suited for it, and even then there is always the easy fall back of a crossover with G1 they could do.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Well I never said Bay should do it. :P

In any case, I wonder how the rumored Equestria Girls 2 movie would actually work. Unless it wants to be set years later when the portal opens again it would have to star solely the humanized versions of the characters, which would be weird and kinda boring.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I think "boring" depends on the actual story and how it's written, not when they set it or what characters are in it.

And who knows, this could feature the Twilight from that universe. I think it would be cool to see that. And from the little bit I've seen, there could be some really good music.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit