Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:Image
terrifying
New headcanon.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: My Little Pony

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

rewatching the episodes. How did I not notice the first time that Colgate and Lyra were two of the bridesmaids?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i really can't wait to see what fan stuff comes of the changelings
they really add a lot to the universe
i mean come one
an entire other kingdom of sentient creatures equal or even more powerful than the ponies
it's so exciting
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

mariomarc wrote:i really can't wait to see what fan stuff comes of the changelings
they really add a lot to the universe
i mean come one
an entire other kingdom of sentient creatures equal or even more powerful than the ponies
it's so exciting
Yes. they're all like evil alicorns. they have both wings and horns.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I've decided I'm like 90% sure that Cadence was Grey DeLisle. Or not, I don't know. but maybe.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

It's certainly possible; she and Tara Strong have been in a metric ton of different shows together over the years.

Just out of curiosity though, what makes you think it might be her? Like, what voice(s) of hers are you comparing Cadence to?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

a bunch of them. She sounded like different ones as the show went, but I'd say that she sounded like halfway between Daphne and Frankie from Foster's.
EDIT: well, We at least know her singing voice from a Tweet by Daniel Ingram

fun

John DeLancie confirmed too return as discord In a "Big storyline part"
also, he's going to watch a bunch of MLP episodes before BroNYCon
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i'm pretty sure everyone else is asleep right now but
what do you think discord will be trying to do in the third season?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Isn't it obvious? cause chaos. In any way he feels like it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

mariomarc wrote:i'm pretty sure everyone else is asleep right now but
what do you think discord will be trying to do in the third season?
Marry Chrisallys (it's the new ship).
But, really, maybe they'll plan together or something.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

My god, this episode, I'm speechless.
I went into the episode with very high expectations and it still managed to exceeded my expectations.

This will be the episode I will show my friends, this is the episode where I went: "I'm watching a classic Disney movie..evil villain song and all"
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, someone just asked me to suggest a starting episode and I said "normally I'd suggest the first episode, but just go watch the 2 most recent ones, they were awesome" not in those exact words, but close enough.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

But as awesome as these episodes were (and man they were awesome) they really aren't representative of the show as a whole so its not really fair to start people out with these episodes it might set their exceptions too high. I would personally recommend The Cutie Mark Chronicles,Suited for Success,Winter Wrap Up, The Ticket Master and A Dog and Pony Show from the first season. Or Lesson Zero,Luna Eclipsed,Hearth's Warming Eve,Read It and Weep, and It's About Time from the second season if you don't want to start from the first episode.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

How long until Season 3?!?
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!

Post by 0404 »

nobody's at home, and I'm about to watch MLP. ah kill me ... here I go, my first shot.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Cm4F wrote:How long until Season 3?!?
Most likely not until the fall TV season but we don't exactly know yet.
texascat018 wrote:nobody's at home, and I'm about to watch MLP. ah kill me ... here I go, my first shot.
I really hope you enjoy it. :D

Post by 0404 »

apple jack sure looks intresting, nice western hat that she got... god I just became brony :shock:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

texascat018 wrote:god I just became brony
In only 8 minutes.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

I just watched first two episode, and.... now I'm fan of apple jack.

it's a pretty good show, but I still think it ain't show for guys like me.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

texascat018 wrote:apple jack sure looks intresting, nice western hat that she got... god I just became brony :shock:
If you like the show, anyway! So you're enjoying yourself?

It's not specifically for guys but they definitely made it with guys in mind.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote:
texascat018 wrote:apple jack sure looks intresting, nice western hat that she got... god I just became brony :shock:

I'm quite enjoying it, it's creative and outta box show. but on other hand, I feel bit embarrassed.
is there any male pony (stallion) in MLP?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh yeah! Lots of 'em. The show just focuses on females for the most part.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

texascat018 wrote:
Sleet wrote:

I'm quite enjoying it, it's creative and outta box show. but on other hand, I feel bit embarrassed.
is there any male pony (stallion) in MLP?
Yes there is Big Macintosh (which is the most prominent one),Soarin',Braeburn, and Shining Armor (who has only appeared in the season 2 Finale so far) and some more minor ponies as well. (Like Thunderlane and that really Buff Pony who is known as Snowflake apparently, among many others) I will admit there isn't many that get speaking roles but they exist.

Edit: This is interesting thing about the song 'This Day Aria' (The one both Cadence's sing) , very nicely done by the song writer XD

Edit2: https://twitter.com/#!/grantjbutler/sta ... 7599983616 it was was in fact intentional
Attachments
1335113081717.png
1335113081717.png (38.64 KiB) Viewed 10311 times
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

THAT IS SO AWESOME.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Reading that makes me glad I took my one semester of Basic Music Theory at college. XD

Being able to understand all the terms is a big help. Haha.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i didn't understand a word of that
i just like to listen to songs
can't find myself analyzing them
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

mariomarc wrote:i didn't understand a word of that
i just like to listen to songs
can't find myself analyzing them
Basically as far as I understand it: When Queen Chrysalis/Fake Cadance sings its in one chord of music (called Deceptive Cadance) and when the Real Cadance sings the chord goes to the mirror opposite (Called Authentic Cadance). But I could be wrong as I know nothing about music theory at all.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not quite. The gist of it:

A cadence is the group of chords at the end of a phrase. Usually the last two. The most "standard" cadence is the authentic cadence, which is where the V chord goes to the I chord (these are Roman numerals, not letters). However, sometimes composers make the V chord instead go to the vi chord (which is related to the I chord). You expect I (because the authentic cadence is so common) but you get vi instead, so it's called the "deceptive cadence." Changeling Cadence's villain song employs the deceptive cadence, which is just a cute musical nod.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ah so its less Mirror image and more Haha we tricked you that time.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah. The relation to MLP is it's called a "deceptive cadence," which has the obvious meaning.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Gilda's Final Goodbye (WARNING: language) pretty sad song. I'd say the strong language lessened the sadness, but it kinda makes sense for Gilda to be using bad language.
I thought it was pretty awful in general. Yuck.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lol someone on 4chan just pointed this out.

Celestia watches over Day.
Luna watches over Night.
Cadence watches over Twilight.

That really kind of works. XD It explains why she was a babysitter :lol:
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I'm gonna be the dissenting opinion and say that I think this most recent one was my least favorite of the two-parters. I liked it, but in the end I would call it about average. I think it would've been more interesting if they had pursued Twilight being possessive of her brother rather than dropping it halfway through, because as it is I think the second half was missing an emotional drive. Plus, I think "don't reject new members of your family" would have been a better and more applicable Aesop than "go with your gut" or whatever it was that it ended up being.

Although I will defend that I don't see it unreasonable at all that Twilight's brother just sort of appeared without warning in this episode. I have been on both sides of many conversations with friends that effectively go: "I was talking to my brother-" "you have a brother?"
Image Image
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

CaptainPea wrote:Although I will defend that I don't see it unreasonable at all that Twilight's brother just sort of appeared without warning in this episode. I have been on both sides of many conversations with friends that effectively go: "I was talking to my brother-" "you have a brother?"
Plus I have to say it Rick has done basically the same thing story wise with Max and Sabrina having Dated before. While personally I agree that really in a story hints should be given to things before hand so it doesn't look like your just pulling things out of thin air for plot convenience (because lets face it when you don't it really does look that way, especially when its done a lot); it does happen and its really not that bad of a thing, unless they over do it.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I think I'll join that dissenting opinion, Pea.

Not to long ago, I wached all of the episodes of this show to see what the hype was about.
To be honest, I found the show entertaining, but not to the point that I could be called a "Brony."

However, the hype that lead up to the Royal Wedding had me expecting it to be a lot better than I thought it was.
The only pony really focused on out of the main 6 was Twilight, and while that may have been the point, the others just seemed to be there. They could have included the other poines a little more without stealing the focus away from Twlight.

And it seemed to be rushed. I liked the story they had for it, but they tried to squeeze something that, in my opinon, should have been a 2 hour movie into only 2 episodes. That always seemes to happen in shows like this, and I hate it when it does. They should have held off on this and made it a movie.

Plus, the end when the power of love blows all of the changelings away just happened way too quick as a solution to the problem. It just seemed to be "Oh no, we can't get to the elements, we are doomed" "No you're not. We'll just use the power of love." Just, it seemed to come on too quick for me.

At the risk of being demanded that I leave the forums by everyone here, the event just didn't seem what the hype was leading up too. I was not impressed at all by it.

Now, I'm not saying this for MLP in general. In general, the show is good, well written, and entertaining. A lot better than most things on the TV today. It's just that I was expecting so much more than I feel was in The Royal Wedding.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I am waiting for the inevitably PMV of the clone fight set the music from the Neo vs Smith fight in "The Matrix: Reloaded".
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CaptainPea wrote:I'm gonna be the dissenting opinion and say that I think this most recent one was my least favorite of the two-parters. I liked it, but in the end I would call it about average. I think it would've been more interesting if they had pursued Twilight being possessive of her brother rather than dropping it halfway through, because as it is I think the second half was missing an emotional drive. Plus, I think "don't reject new members of your family" would have been a better and more applicable Aesop than "go with your gut" or whatever it was that it ended up being.

Although I will defend that I don't see it unreasonable at all that Twilight's brother just sort of appeared without warning in this episode. I have been on both sides of many conversations with friends that effectively go: "I was talking to my brother-" "you have a brother?"
I don't think Twilight was ever possessive of her brother. She was excited he was marrying Cadence. The possessive thing is just what her friends thought she was, and what fake Cadence accused her of.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JeffCvt wrote:
And it seemed to be rushed. I liked the story they had for it, but they tried to squeeze something that, in my opinon, should have been a 2 hour movie into only 2 episodes. That always seemes to happen in shows like this, and I hate it when it does. They should have held off on this and made it a movie.

Plus, the end when the power of love blows all of the changelings away just happened way too quick as a solution to the problem. It just seemed to be "Oh no, we can't get to the elements, we are doomed" "No you're not. We'll just use the power of love." Just, it seemed to come on too quick for me.
Your first point there I will agree with, when Penwrite said that if they added a third part it really could have been a movie, I agree completely to the point I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally pitched as a movie idea and was just made into a two part episode later.

To your second point I will say this as Overdone as "The Power of Love" thing is would you really rather them use the Elements for a Third time in a row to beat the bad guy? I mean IMO that's just as boring at least they changed it up a bit.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sleet wrote:
CaptainPea wrote:I'm gonna be the dissenting opinion and say that I think this most recent one was my least favorite of the two-parters. I liked it, but in the end I would call it about average. I think it would've been more interesting if they had pursued Twilight being possessive of her brother rather than dropping it halfway through, because as it is I think the second half was missing an emotional drive. Plus, I think "don't reject new members of your family" would have been a better and more applicable Aesop than "go with your gut" or whatever it was that it ended up being.

I don't think Twilight was ever possessive of her brother. She was excited he was marrying Cadence. The possessive thing is just what her friends thought she was, and what fake Cadence accused her of.
True. Most of the "possessiveness" she was accused of came from the fact that Cadence was acting so mean, not from an actual possessiveness of Twilight herself.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

IceKitsune wrote:would you really rather them use the Elements for a Third time in a row to beat the bad guy?
Strangley enough, that is exactly what I thought when they went to go get the elements. I was thinking "Oh, come on. Not that again."

And I am glad they used something other than the elements to defeat the bad guy, but I was dissapointed how quick it happened.
There was no build up for it in my opinion. I wasn't saying I disliked the power of love, it just seemed to come out of no where.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit