My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Kyderra

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Kyderra »

IceKitsune wrote:This is simply amazing. That is all I can say its basically show perfect.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

... are we absolutely sure they're telling the truth about that fan-made...ness?

Because I'm going to be honest, that was better than a few of the actual show's songs.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

IceKitsune wrote:This is simply amazing. That is all I can say its basically show perfect.

That is brilliant!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Penwrite wrote:... are we absolutely sure they're telling the truth about that fan-made...ness?

Because I'm going to be honest, that was better than a few of the actual show's songs.
It's one guy who animated it (I am on his live stream from time to time) and the song has been around for some time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaigP8KynvQ&feature=plcp
Then again, the song was made by Mandopony and he's making music albums with the voice actress of Applebloom.

The line is between "official" is getting blurry.

this is my favorite song by him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1prPjy6s58&feature=plcp
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, Mando has been one of my favorite brony musicians for quite some time. Also super freakin' jelly every time he posts a video about how he's been hanging out with Michelle and/or Claire; he's basically getting to be an older brother to two of the voice actors from FiM, and if he didn't totally deserve it, I'd probably hate him for it. :I

I don't think I can really pick a favorite song of his. I'm torn between A Long Way from Equestria, So Much Left to Know, and I'll Be Waiting. I'm No Hero is pretty awesome too; I've been singing that one a lot lately. The only song by him that I've really disliked was the rock cover of Discord (by EurobeatBrony) that he put out as a 20k subscriber vid. It looks like he took it down though, and I don't blame him really. I hope he gives it another shot and re-uploads a more polished version though.

Also, I think I watched that Picture Perfect Pony vid about four times after I first came across it. It's amazingly well-done, even compared to the artist's usual work.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

If he's working with two of the voice actors for FiM, think there's any chance he could do an actual song for the actual show? Because that would be the greatest thing ever.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

you know what i really love about stuff like that
it makes me think that even after the show is over
the fans will just start making episodes themselves
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wow, that video. So professional. o.o
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
exranio

Post by exranio »

Just finished another picture. This time colored in Photoshop and everything.

Chubby Diamond Tiara
Chubby may be an understatement but that's what people call this version
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

exranio wrote:Just finished another picture. This time colored in Photoshop and everything.

Chubby Diamond Tiara
Sigh... any interest in doing the big villain of my MLP Avengers fic?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Penwrite wrote:If he's working with two of the voice actors for FiM, think there's any chance he could do an actual song for the actual show? Because that would be the greatest thing ever.
If I'm honest, I'd be surprised if he didn't end up getting a song (or at least a cameo) on the show at some point. Daniel Ingram has already praised him for his work at a brony convention way back for the cover he did of Giggle at the Ghostly. And I dunno if they're particularly close, but I believe that Ingram at least checks up on Andy's work from time to time.
mariomarc wrote:the fans will just start making episodes themselves
They've already got a team working on a (Hasbro approved!) full-length episode, and I doubt that it'll be the last. I'm hesitant to say it'll last too much longer after the show ends, but I know for a fact that the fandom won't just collapse after the finale.

exranio wrote:Chubby may be an understatement but that's what people call this version
O__o

I think Celestia needs to be more careful; she's negatively influencing the youth of her nation.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Penwrite wrote: Sigh... any interest in doing the big villain of my MLP Avengers fic?
I am perfectly wiling to do so.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Radio Blue Heart

exranio wrote:Just finished another picture. This time colored in Photoshop and everything.

Chubby Diamond Tiara

I guess its her coping mechanism for when she realizes that she has alienated all the other students. Its funny to see the bad ones at their worst.

Speaking of eating too much cake...

-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm imagining Pinkie then explaining that that was Rarity's birthday cake.
Radio Blue Heart

Penwrite wrote:I'm imagining Pinkie then explaining that that was Rarity's birthday cake.

That would probably be Pinkie's only defense.

Here is someone's animation project, the credits to "Card Captors" animated with Pony characters.

"Card Captor Derpy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUIF4NQJB-g

(9‿6)
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Offical Map of Equestria! This is awesome! Crystal Ponies Kingdom is in the North (I would assume anyway, since the mountain range is called the Crystal mountains, and it isn't shown anywhere on the map from what I can see), Griffons Kingdom in the East and Dragons in the South East.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Offical Map of Equestria! This is awesome! Crystal Ponies Kingdom is in the North (I would assume anyway, since the mountain range is called the Crystal mountains, and it isn't shown anywhere on the map from what I can see), Griffons Kingdom in the East and Dragons in the South East.
I'm going to venture a guess that it isn't drawn to scale for the sake of better clarifying particular places that have been named in the show so far. Otherwise Equestria would be... very small. I mean, there's also the Crystal Kingdom (and potentially more) in the north and whatever lands are off the southernmost portion of the map, but still.

Either way, I have a feeling that this will be a nightmare for a lot of fanfiction writers; I'm fortunate in that I'm only a chapter into my own story, but this already means I'm going to have to go back and make several revisions to my opening chapter if I plan to adhere to this map in future updates (which I'd like to).

It'll be immensely helpful in the future though as I'm awful at creating a picture of landscapes in my head, so this will make it heaps easier to describe bits of scenery throughout any stories I put out in the future.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

it says not to scale in the lower left corner.

also, it kinda messed with the lore of the pony RP in the RP section.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Now I wonder does the Apple Family have a hand in settling Applewood (which would make some of their family in the Movie business) or is it just a name. Same thing with the Macintosh mountains whats up with that? And official stuff was always going to mess up Fanfiction anyway the only thing you can do is shrug and move on. I mean you know how weird it is it read/watch stuff made back during season one where Twilight doesn't have a brother or various other things that were revealed in Season 2. Its really strange but it doesn't really hurt the quality of the fan stuff as long as it was already good before hand.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:it says not to scale in the lower left corner.
I'm observant; don't tell me I'm not! [I'm not.]
IceKitsune wrote:Now I wonder does the Apple Family have a hand in settling Applewood (which would make some of their family in the Movie business) or is it just a name. Same thing with the Macintosh mountains whats up with that?
Dunno about Applewood, but I suspect that Braeburn and the other ponies who settled Appleloosa also named the hills nearby. Perhaps Braeburn had good 'ol cousin Big Mac in mind?
IceKitsune wrote:Its really strange but it doesn't really hurt the quality of the fan stuff as long as it was already good before hand.
True enough. Still kinda awkward when it comes mid-story though. Like I said though, it doesn't affect me particularly harshly; just gonna have to make a couple revisions to the first chapter and keep it in mind in future.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

did you also see the full Season 2 cast poster?

because here are a few highlights I notice:
-Vinyl Scratch is messing with Octavia
-Discord admiring his own statued self.
-Big Mac and Cheerilee
-Screwball on the Discord statue
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Now I wonder does the Apple Family have a hand in settling Applewood (which would make some of their family in the Movie business) or is it just a name. Same thing with the Macintosh mountains whats up with that?
Dunno about Applewood, but I suspect that Braeburn and the other ponies who settled Appleloosa also named the hills nearby. Perhaps Braeburn had good 'ol cousin Big Mac in mind?
That could be the case.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:did you also see the full Season 2 cast poster?

because here are a few highlights I notice:
-Vinyl Scratch is messing with Octavia
-Discord admiring his own statued self.
-Big Mac and Cheerilee
-Screwball on the Discord statue
There is also a all Villain poster where Discord is hugging Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon. I love the looks on their faces in it.
Radio Blue Heart

It also has arrow pointing that Griffons live across the sea. I guess they are not native to Equestria, and Gilda and Gustave are immigrants.

I wonder if Cloudsdale stays fixed in one location or if it drifts on seasonal winds.
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

FiM Short Episode may be coming this is just a rumor based on a leaked promotional logo, so it may be nothing at all or something completely different. Never mind it was nothing at all turns out the place just kind of stole the logo from DA. Post about from EQD here.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:FiM Short Episode may be coming this is just a rumor based on a leaked promotional logo, so it may be nothing at all or something completely different.
Maybe its something just to whet our appetites until the show is ready. It would be nice of them to do.

Lyra's quest for the perfect pet may yield hideous results!

Cue the mad scientist music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLHUyd2veps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSDxA9q21I
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Am I the only one who finds the whole "Pinkie capturing all kinds of things in a Pokemon delusion, even her best friend Rainbow Dash" thing to be not funny at all, but creepy?

Seriously, Dash's begging for help there. They show her scream of terror/pain as she's captured by the Pokeball. What the heck, MadMax!?
exranio

Post by exranio »

So since Pony Art Training Grounds 2 is this month I'll have a new picture with a different theme every day

Day 1: "Draw a Pony In Idle"

Now I wasn't even sure if I could post this one becuase of how Applejack is in it, but Brent said it was okay
Day 2: "Draw a Pony In Motion"

Applejack was the unfortunate vitctim of a bad dice roll. 1: RD 2:AJ 3:Flutters 4:Pinkie 5:Twi and 6:Derpy
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

we got a higher resolution version of the equestria map
http://pixelkitties.deviantart.com/art/ ... -318946279
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Well, he tried to be funny and failed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTeg3TKo ... r_embedded
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Eh, he's no Nostalgia Critic, but it wasn't bad. It helps to know that he actually likes the show and has just decided that the character in the video doesn't (though apparently he and whatever creature was locked in the chest watched the show at some point in a comic series that parallels these video rants).
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

The one in the chest was Conroy the Cat, the main character in the comic series you mentioned as well as one of Sleet's many avatars.

and I linked that video when it came out.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Brent is such a hipster.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

NO! THIS IS BRENT!
I am not a Hipster

and back on topic
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Brent, is wanting to give you a hug for that joke an instru-I mean, back on topic?
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:The one in the chest was Conroy the Cat, the main character in the comic series you mentioned as well as one of Sleet's many avatars.

and I linked that video when it came out.
sorry. I didn't see it.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

it's fine, it was a while ago.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I totally want to go find that villain one. and maybe the all characters one.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Penwrite wrote:Am I the only one who finds the whole "Pinkie capturing all kinds of things in a Pokemon delusion, even her best friend Rainbow Dash" thing to be not funny at all, but creepy?

Seriously, Dash's begging for help there. They show her scream of terror/pain as she's captured by the Pokeball. What the heck, MadMax!?
Other than her delusional state she is essentially doing what Ash does. Going around trapping super-powered, sentient beings in a small ball for enslavement and gladiatorial combat. When you think about it Pokemon is kind of messed up.

But, I kind of find this hilarious. Now, trapped inside the balls they will be her friends... Forever and ever...
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Mariomarc...I want to hug you. That was epic.

Also, this seems like the time for a nice blast from the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xySa88jC ... plpp_video