My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Radio Blue Heart

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I just realized that the artist CSImadmaxnever finished her Derpy Hooves/Hellboy crossover comic. Would someone one here with a DA ask her if she plans to finish it. I know it has been almost a year now, but I am still hoping.
Penwrite wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Penwrite wrote:I saw a news article earlier today and it got me thinking. I wonder if Mr. Rodgers would've liked MLP: FiM.
Considering what I know about him its very likely he would have considered it a good show that shows a good moral lesson. Also I'm interested exactly what article brought that on?
An article about an episode of a Fox News show talking about how Mr. Rodgers was an evil, evil man. I don't want to get into it, this isn't really the place.

I hope we learn more about gryphons next season. They're awesome.
Those people are stupid. It is amazing the crap they make up on slow news days. The real "Foal Free Press".

I would like to see more gryphons and other creatures too.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey. No political stuff, guys.

I'd totally be behind seeing more gryphons. Two isn't enough, especially if one is Gilda who is awful.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just realized that the artist CSImadmaxnever finished her Derpy Hooves/Hellboy crossover comic. Would someone one here with a DA ask her if she plans to finish it. I know it has been almost a year now, but I am still hoping.
Done.

...I'm sympathetic to Gilda...
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
Radio Blue Heart

legendario13 wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just realized that the artist CSImadmaxnever finished her Derpy Hooves/Hellboy crossover comic. Would someone one here with a DA ask her if she plans to finish it. I know it has been almost a year now, but I am still hoping.
Done.

Thank you very much! That comic had the best team up since peanut butter and jelly!

Since they gave Trixie a chance at redemption, maybe they could give Gilda a chance as well.

An episode where the Mane Six visit the land that the gryphons come from would make for a good story. Maybe Twilight could lead a diplomatic trip as part of her new duties as a princess.
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm just interested to see how things in the show are going to change with Twilight being a princess. I'm really curious as to what they plan on doing with that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

legendario13 wrote:
Done.

What is there possibly to be sympathetic to her for? She's pretty much rotten to the core. She bullied Fluttershy!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote: Thank you very much! That comic had the best team up since peanut butter and jelly!
According to her, the comic is finished already but she's gonna show it at Bronycon.

Sleet wrote:What is there possibly to be sympathetic to her for? She's pretty much rotten to the core. She bullied Fluttershy!
Sometimes we don't even realize how bad can we turn out to be. And then too proud to admit it.
And when we do...we can't control it
(it sounds maybe as if im justifing her way too much, perhaps, I can always be wrong)
Sometimes theres good peo...beings behind those layers of flaws you just have to put up with them and appreciate the (maybe tiny bit of) good in the (many times overwhelming) bad.

I just feel they rejected her just as she was rejectful towards meeting them (and sharing Dash's attention)

Thats my view (and ramble)...maybe I'm seeing things where there aren't, maybe Guilda is just plain bad but we can never know as we are not her. :roll:
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Much like Trixie after her first appearance I don't have enough information to really judge if I like or hate Gilda; I just don't really care about her at this point. If she appears again (which I want her to) then I will be able to have enough of a feel for her to tell if I like her or not.

Also we have confirmation on which Pie sister is which now.
Radio Blue Heart

legendario13 wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote: Thank you very much! That comic had the best team up since peanut butter and jelly!
According to her, the comic is finished already but she's gonna show it at Bronycon.
Cool. Maybe I can contact her and buy a copy by mail. I can't go to Bronycon.
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

First chapter of my new story is posted! :D

http://solaris90.deviantart.com/art/Gal ... a_recent=1
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Read the Applejack Micro comic. While its the same basic story as usual for Applejack a.k.a "Ah can do it on my own, oh wait no ah can't" the writing and humor really make it good. IMO its at least as good as the Pinkie Micro. Also there are some really good reaction faces in it as well.
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:Read the Applejack Micro comic. While its the same basic story as usual for Applejack a.k.a "Ah can do it on my own, oh wait no ah can't" the writing and humor really make it good. IMO its at least as good as the Pinkie Micro. Also there are some really good reaction faces in it as well.
I have to agree. This one was the weakest of the bunch so far.

Also, best pony videos of last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-tN8v6Ek4
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Read the Applejack Micro comic. While its the same basic story as usual for Applejack a.k.a "Ah can do it on my own, oh wait no ah can't" the writing and humor really make it good. IMO its at least as good as the Pinkie Micro. Also there are some really good reaction faces in it as well.

Well then there is some kind of misunderstanding here. I actually really liked this one (and the Pinkie one) which are both second only to the Rarity Micro (which was the best one) IMO. To me it basically goes like this 1. Rarity Micro 2. Pinkie/AJ Micros 3. Rainbow Dash Micro 4. Twilight/Fluttershy Micros in that order.
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:

Well then there is some kind of misunderstanding here. I actually really liked this one (and the Pinkie one) which are both second only to the Rarity Micro (which was the best one) IMO. To me it basically goes like this 1. Rarity Micro 2. Pinkie/AJ Micros 3. Rainbow Dash Micro 4. Twilight/Fluttershy Micros in that order.
Sorry, I thought you were expressing your displeasure over it being "the same basic story". But, I personally thought the squash monster thing was a little weak.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah I was really surprised how good the Rarity one was. They did a good job making her heroic and in-character at the same time without going overboard.

I haven't had the chance to read Applejack yet. There's a comic shop a few doors down from where I go to Friday Night Magic so I usually buy these beforehand. I'll have my opinion later this evening or tomorrow!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

is it a spoiler if i post the cover of an idw comic?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Can you link it instead?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pinkie and Rarity are tied for my favorite, with the Rainbow Dash comic easily my least-favorite. Everyone seemed just completely out of character or flanderized.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Shining Armor the nerd? Awesome. <3
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So I wrote something. Check it out here in the media median section.

It explains the entire thing there.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:

I would agree with you here. I didn't think Applejack's micro comic was as good as the other five. It was still entertaining. Juts not the best.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sleet wrote:Shining Armor the nerd? Awesome. <3
Considering Twilight is really nerdy, and the two of them are so close, it's not that big a stretch.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

kind of bad quality scan from the comic
not a spoiler
just hilarious
http://derpiboo.ru/377438?scope=scpedbb ... eb25714374
also the words change between panels
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Season 4 Spoilers Basically to give a summary of it Scootaloo can't fly (also we are getting the Equestria Games episode),Pinkie and the Apple Family get a song together, The Girls and Spike get turned into Superheroes, and Nightmare Moon returns for some reason (on second watch it seems to be a flash back). We also learn that Pinkie Pies sisters will be coming back, there will be 15-20 song in the season and that a few characters that haven't sung before will sing.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

spoiler alert: season 4 looks awesome
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Season 4 Spoilers Basically to give a summary of it Scootaloo can't fly (also we are getting the Equestria Games episode),Pinkie and the Apple Family get a song together, The Girls and Spike get turned into Superheroes, and Nightmare Moon returns for some reason (on second watch it seems to be a flash back). We also learn that Pinkie Pies sisters will be coming back, there will be 15-20 song in the season and that a few characters that haven't sung before will sing.
I saw that. So excited!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Also as someone figured out on 4chan this seems to be the episode order (well the production order anyway,which if you don't know,means that is the order they made them in not the order they will air in; though a lot of the time the two are the same.) of the Clips (based on the numbers on the bottom right side of the clips):
Episode 1: Nightmare Moon Flashback Episode (People are speculating that this is the very end of the episode leading into part two)
Episode 5: Scootaloo can't fly/Possibly the Equestria Games Episode
Episode 6: Power Ponies Episode
Episode 9: Apple Family and Pinkie Song Episode
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so much hype
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Something I noticed when watching the HD version of the clip. The background music that plays when Luna becomes Nightmare Moon is identical, or at least nearly identical, to King Sombra's leitmotif. That freaks me out.
Radio Blue Heart

Maybe Celestia is making Twilight experience the past as part of her royal training. And for us, it expands on how Luna transformed.

Also I want to share the latest "Horse Power"

Mostly because it has Luna fighting Freddy Krueger, which I think is pretty awesome. I know that her and Freddy referred a lot since the episode that established that Luna can enter dreams. I just like it when the ponies are pitted against some of my favorite horror movie villains.
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I would bet on Luna should she ever get in a fight within a dream. No matter who she is fighting against.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I get the two outer panels, but the reference in the middle one is lost on me
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I get the two outer panels, but the reference in the middle one is lost on me
The Wizard of Oz. She moved a rain cloud over the Wicked Witch of the West and dissolved her. You can see Dorothy, Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion in the corner. It is just stylized in a odd way.
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Does anyone else have that awesome new song stuck in their head, or is it just me?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I get the two outer panels, but the reference in the middle one is lost on me
The Wizard of Oz. She moved a rain cloud over the Wicked Witch of the West and dissolved her. You can see Dorothy, Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion in the corner. It is just stylized in a odd way.
oh wow, how did I miss that?
(also, I think it's up for debate whether or not that was a dream)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Penwrite wrote:Does anyone else have that awesome new song stuck in their head, or is it just me?
New song? *Sigh* I hate every kind of spoiler for anything that I ever watch.

How can you guys jump on all of this like a pack of hungry dogs? I mean, there is nothing wrong with it, but I just hate spoilers so much that I can't understand how most people seem to like them.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm personally fine with spoilers because if I care enough to look for the spoiler that mean I really like that thing. If that is the case I'm gonna read/watch that thing many times and since that thing has to stand up to multiple reads/watches it should easily stand up to a spoiler. Yes its better if its not spoiled for me but it doesn't hurt it if it is. However I will be annoyed if someone spoils something without warning because that just isn't fair to anyone.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i really do hope scootaloo not being able to fly, is a case of disability and not just never learned. because frankly an issue like that i would like to see actually looked at. i could only hope it didn't end up in a similar situation as derpy's major scene though
Radio Blue Heart

Here is the sneak preview from a better angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlquKcFM58
mariomarc wrote:i really do hope scootaloo not being able to fly, is a case of disability and not just never learned. because frankly an issue like that i would like to see actually looked at. i could only hope it didn't end up in a similar situation as derpy's major scene though
I hope that too. It would be great if Derpy could teach Scootaloo how to fly and over come any handicap. It would really show the people who tried to censor Derpy what's what!

Oh, and in the animatic when Luna declares there can be only one princess in Equestria... Cue the "Highlander" theme by Queen!

"I am immortal! I have inside me blood of kings!
I have no rival! No pony can be my equal!
Take me to the future of your world!"
-Virgil