My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

FritzyBeat

Re: My Little Pony

Post by FritzyBeat »

Welp, I finally gave in and decided to sit down and watch the show. And honestly, I really like it :3

The characters are fun, the jokes are cute and hilarious, the whole show is clean as a whistle (IE: No bad jokes our foul language like in other animated shows), and best of all, there are morals and lessons in each episode! How many shows have EVER done that? =D Very few, and even less that are still on TV today.

I was pleasantly surprised by this show, and am happy to call myself a fan =)
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to watching Season 3 X3
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

TheMobian wrote:Welp, I finally gave in and decided to sit down and watch the show. And honestly, I really like it :3

The characters are fun, the jokes are cute and hilarious, the whole show is clean as a whistle (IE: No bad jokes our foul language like in other animated shows), and best of all, there are morals and lessons in each episode! How many shows have EVER done that? =D Very few, and even less that are still on TV today.

Glad to see someone else become a fan! :D Hope you enjoy season 3
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

TheMobian wrote:Welp, I finally gave in and decided to sit down and watch the show. And honestly, I really like it :3

Glad you enjoyed the show so far!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You picked a great time to start getting into it! I hope you continue to enjoy it with us!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:And the one of the alternate covers for the upcoming MLP comic.
I need to read the official comics so bad but especially the Shining Armor one.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Foxstar wrote:You can have time for Ponies and Housepets you know..
Captain Pea and Zander seem to prove otherwise
I'm on Littlest Pet Shop now. From there I'll move on to Pound Puppies and suddenly find myself back here
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

But not before Monster High.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Season 4 opener synopsis revealed! Missing Celestia and Luna! Creeping abomination Everfree Forest eating Equestria! New villain! Really cool looking crystal tree thing! This is going to be freaking amazing! :mrgreen:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I read that. Sounds awesome. I wonder who the mysterious foe is.

It occurs to me that I probably wouldn't be so disappointed by the fact of no new King Sombra ever if they hadn't made it so obvious he could come back.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ooh, seems like that has the potential for a good episode. I'm excited!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Indeed. I've always hoped they would go into more detail about the Everfree Forest.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Sleet wrote:You picked a great time to start getting into it! I hope you continue to enjoy it with us!
You bet XP I've already gone through the entire series (the movie included) and enjoyed every minute of it! :mrgreen:

I'm most certainly looking forward to seeing season 4, ESPECIALLY whatever episode has that "Apples to the Core" song, because that was just so dang catchy XD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wait, there's a song leaked? I haven't heard it! :o

I remember when Pinkie's Smile Song was leaked. I listened to it so much; it's still my favorite song from the whole series.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Wait, there's a song leaked? I haven't heard it! :o

I remember when Pinkie's Smile Song was leaked. I listened to it so much; it's still my favorite song from the whole series.
It was released in the animation thing they showed at Comic-con. The one that showed teasers for the rest of season 4 as well. Nightmare Moons transformation, Scootaloo being made fun of, the mane 6 being superheroes ect.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

That is a dang good song. Might be my favorite song with AJ taking a lead role in.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Sleet wrote:Wait, there's a song leaked? I haven't heard it! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOC7qHZ8CMY
Forever stuck in my head X3

There was also a few more storyboard clips shown off at a con recently which you can find here (possible spoilers galore!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlquKcFM58
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Turnabout Storm Part 5 of 4 The feature length ending (this part alone is 2 hours and 34 minutes long, its really really worth the watch.) to one of the best crossovers I've seen in a while and one of the best things put out by the fandom IMO.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Well, with the newly-released synopsis, now we know where that Nightmare Moon scene fits in to the season.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Short Season 4 Promo I'm liking the part of the new opening they did. (at least I assume that's what its from) The group shot now has The CMC,the Cakes,Zecora,Big Mac,Snips and Snails (which confuses me a bit, why them exactly?) and Spike (outside of sending the letter) in it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

you neglected to mention Mayor Mare and Granny Smith(the top half of her head between Big Mac and Zecora)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:you neglected to mention Mayor Mare and Granny Smith(the top half of her head between Big Mac and Zecora)
Oh I guess I missed them with it being a pretty bad camrip and all, thanks for pointing them out. With all those ponies there that don't make much sense (Snips and Snails and the Mayor. The others are family so they make some sense) I'm wondering if that's not from the opening at all, but on the other hand, if it is the opening, maybe those other characters being there means they will become more then secondary/occasional use characters this season.

I would really like it if The Cakes (who I really think are neglected in this fandom a bit much),Mayor Mare,Big Mac and Zecora got more screen time/development for sure. Heck, maybe they will be doing a few Lower Deck episodes this season, that would be really cool. If you don't know, Lower Deck episodes are episodes that star a minor character that would normally gets very little screen time/development
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well It would make sense if Zecora got a lot of screen time in the starter. The Everfree's expanding and she lives there, It would actually be kind of dumb to not bring her along when they go to figure out what's going on."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah, I will be disappointed if Zecora doesn't get a good amount of screen time in the season 4 opener considering what the plot is.

Edit: So anyone read the newest Comic yet? I really liked it quite a bit. So many good and cheesy 80s references. I really liked 80s Cheerilee and Mayor Mare,Snow Flake being a pop star, and the whole Buck meeting Celestia scene was one of my favorites in the comic series so far (I mean who in their right mind would just causally lean on Celestia like she was a wall). Really liked Twilight and Cadences bonding time together training her about Shining.

The secondary characters are great Buck, Shining and Cadence's friends are interesting enough that I kind of want to see more. Also oh my god that Quantum Leap cameo near the end. I can't wait to see if the fandom does something with that (I really hope they do).

Over all it was a great little arc that expanded on characters that badly needed it (even if it was a bit cliche) really made me like both of them more overall. 8/10 for the arc easily.

As for the Annual it was very meh it didn't really expand on the movie at all (and even messed things up like EQG Babs Seed being older then Applejack and a few other things.) The thing that dissapointed me the most is it never explained Why in the world Sunset even had anything against the EQG Main 5 The only thing you get from it is exactly what you got from the movie that she thought they where a threats to her taking over the school but its never really expanded on only vaguely hinted at really. It did expand on the Mane 5s back stories and how they meet which was actually kind of nice given what they had to work with. However it kind of drags in parts a bit with some useless things (nothing too bad though) and doesn't explore the larger world at all really.

The other story The Fall of Sunset Shimmer was better for sure, lots of neat references and stuff in the books in the restricted part of the library, including a smaller Quantum Leap reference. That story is worth it but the annual over all is pretty bad.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Episode 1 and 2 Complete Synopsis Basically what we already knew just now with a name for that crystal tree thing (called the Tree of Harmony)

We also have the title and Synopsis for episode 3 as well Episode 3 Title and Synopsis Loving the title on this one :D sounds like it could be nice and scary as well.

(Making this a separate post because I don't want to make my last post to long with edits no one is going to notice.)

Edit: Also this is a thing that was made I'm not exactly sure what it is but its definitely a thing that was made
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

*reads synopsis for episode 3 of season 4*

Please King Sombra please King Sombra please King Sombra please King Sombra please King Sombra.

Sigh... I know it's not gonna be who I hope it to be.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Season 4 episode 1 and 2 Expanded Synopsis with Cast list

Oh man this is looking better and better by the second! Discord and Zecora are in both parts! This makes me so very happy! Oddly enough no Luna in either part but the list might not have gotten everyone as there is no new name listed and the TV spot promo said there is a new villain

Edit: Season 4 Episode 4 Synopsis Rainbow Dash and the others help the writer of the Daring Do books (a.k.a. Twilight's Mom) Looks pretty good hopefully some continuity from the comics and that card thing come in here

Edit 2: More Season 4 promo stuff We get to see Discord and hear what I assume to be the voice of the new villain. Also with Celestia and Luna gone/or what the villain is doing with them perhaps, the world is one half day and one half night. Along with other things happening Which I think is really cool.

Also Half of a page from the first episode (I actually think its a bit less then that really) Nothing that really most people haven't guessed already IMO some minor interaction between some of the mane 6 while Twilight tries to fly with Rainbow Dash

Ok at this point I'm done posting this stuff because no one on here seems to want to talk about it, which I understand but makes me posting it pointless.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

sorry, I was gone :P

that all looks awesome.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I really think the things I'm waiting to see the most is that flight practice scene and Zecora's parts really. I also really really want to know what exactly is up with the whole Night and Day at the same time thing. That could end up being extremely interesting in fanfics and art as stuff. Really if its just because Luna and Celestia are gone and not something the villain is doing, wouldn't that mean their planet is actually tidally locked without someone moving the sun and moon?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

IceKitsune wrote:Season 4 episode 1 and 2 Expanded Synopsis with Cast list

Oh man this is looking better and better by the second! Discord and Zecora are in both parts! This makes me so very happy! Oddly enough no Luna in either part but the list might not have gotten everyone as there is no new name listed and the TV spot promo said there is a new villain

Edit: Season 4 Episode 4 Synopsis Rainbow Dash and the others help the writer of the Daring Do books (a.k.a. Twilight's Mom) Looks pretty good hopefully some continuity from the comics and that card thing come in here

Edit 2: More Season 4 promo stuff We get to see Discord and hear what I assume to be the voice of the new villain. Also with Celestia and Luna gone/or what the villain is doing with them perhaps, the world is one half day and one half night. Along with other things happening Which I think is really cool.

Also Half of a page from the first episode (I actually think its a bit less then that really) Nothing that really most people haven't guessed already IMO some minor interaction between some of the mane 6 while Twilight tries to fly with Rainbow Dash

Ok at this point I'm done posting this stuff because no one on here seems to want to talk about it, which I understand but makes me posting it pointless.
I wouldn't call it pointless.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hub gives us another teaser Nothing new in this one just a short clip from the start of the episode.

Season 4 episode 3 Synopsis expanded Looks like people thinking that Twilight will live in/use the old castle were wrong. Also yeah, its totally Castlevania Also if you kept up with some rumors/leaks/promos I didn't post here it confirms that Celestia doesn't die in the season opener, which was stupid to think anyway. So far its shaping up to be a great season IMO.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

You guys are killing me with all of this spoiler info.

I mean, you're doing a great job of keeping everything in the spoiler tags and I don't actually know anything yet, but I feel like I'm gonna tear my hair out over not knowing if I keep seeing you guys post it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You guys are making it hard to moderate. For all I know you guys are screaming your heads off at each other with lots of vulgarity and illegal activity under those spoiler tags! *giggles*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:You guys are making it hard to moderate. For all I know you guys are screaming your heads off at each other with lots of vulgarity and illegal activity under those spoiler tags! *giggles*
They aren't. Luckily you have a mod who doesn't mind the spoilers :P
you guys just need to watch what they say about the comics, cause I'm not caught up on those and I do mind those spoilers
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh speaking of the comics, the Spike Micro came out. Its pretty adorable but not really all that good IMO, not saying its bad by any stretch its just kind of meh really. It does introduce a new species though. 6/10 for me. Also 1 Week to go everyone! Can't wait :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Sleet wrote:You guys are making it hard to moderate. For all I know you guys are screaming your heads off at each other with lots of vulgarity and illegal activity under those spoiler tags! *giggles*
They aren't. Luckily you have a mod who doesn't mind the spoilers :P
you guys just need to watch what they say about the comics, cause I'm not caught up on those and I do mind those spoilers
I need to catch up; I have a job interview tomorrow so hopefully I'll actually have funding to get the comics again!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:you guys just need to watch what they say about the comics, cause I'm not caught up on those and I do mind those spoilers
Well I don't mind the comic spoilers for some reason so I read them. (Maybe it's because I don't read the comics. I duno.)

I can't wait to see the intro to season 4. I'm really excited to see what they're going to do.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If you don't read the comics, I recommend them. They're, like the show, quite adorable and well-written.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

If I hadn't just used all of my currently disposable income to buy another $250 Chromebook and a $60 hard drive with more memory as an early Christmas present to myself, maybe.

If any of you guys keep up on prices, let me know if they go on sale anytime soon. (The digital kind.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I just read the Spike micro-series comic and I must say it is easily the weakest of the whole series.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

I don't think anyone has posted this here yet, so BAM!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/a ... .html#more

Brand new season 4 trailer, and more spoilery then ever! (Seriously though, if you don't like spoilers, don't watch it XD)

This is going to be fun.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Just saw it myself, it really doesn't reveal anything that we haven't already seen in other spoilers but its really cool looking. Thank god its only one more week until the premiere.
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just read the Spike micro-series comic and I must say it is easily the weakest of the whole series.
I kind of agree its pretty much the second weakest of the Micros but its still a really quick read.