My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: My Little Pony

Post by JeffCvt »

Out of curiosity and no other reason, who here is into music created by the fandom?

I don't go and search excessively for it, but I can say that I have about 45 songs that were made by fans of the show. And I didn't have to pay a dime for about half of it. (By that I mean the artist didn't charge.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JeffCvt wrote:Out of curiosity and no other reason, who here is into music created by the fandom?

I don't go and search excessively for it, but I can say that I have about 45 songs that were made by fans of the show. And I didn't have to pay a dime for about half of it. (By that I mean the artist didn't charge.)
I like some of the music the fandom does, but truth be told a lot of it isn't really that good most of it is just very generic.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Believe me, I don't like most of the music either. About 70% of the stuff I find is stuff I couldn't care for. If it wasn't for the fact that I like 99% of the stuff that Mandopony puts out, my brony song count would probably be in the high teens, not mid forties.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

JeffCvt wrote:Out of curiosity and no other reason, who here is into music created by the fandom?

Most of what I have found it techno and house music styled works. But, that is alright with me because I listen to those genres time to time. Here are some of my favorites.

At The Gala (Whip Mah Herp Remix)

Everypony's gayfor Braeburn

Network Musical Ensemble - Giddy Up (Chorus)

Children of the Night

Most are remixes and electronic I think because that is the easiest music a single person can make. Not everyone can be a one man band like Trent Reznor, I suppose.

Also, I read the latest MLP comic and I think they wrapped up the story arc very nicely if somewhat quickly. I think this would have been spectacular if it was animated. I especially liked That it was as much a story about Luna as the Mane Six. And, the Battle of Ponyville part where the entire town joined Celestia and Luna, and their royal guards in defending the town and fighting the nightmare creatures! It was neat to see each citizen of Ponyville fighting the monsters in their own way. And Spikes expression of love for Rarity that finally destroyed Nightmare Rarity.

As usual, the artist put in so many details and in-jokes in each panel that you can read it six times over and still find something new.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like some of the music, but most is pretty uninspired.

This is phenomenal though. <3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I like AwkwardMarina's work
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I still think that Loyalty by AcousticBrony & MandoPony is one of the best songs that the fandom has come up with. Really if you gave this song some air play on a Indie Rock radio station it would likely do pretty well. There aren't many pony songs you can say that about (with putting them on appropriate style stations of course)

Edit: On the comic front I really enjoyed the last issue of this arc. Ponyville defending itself was nice and the background stuff in the part really made it for me. Trixie getting a speaking park, Doctor Whooves with the Sonic Screwdriver,Spitefire showing that the Wonderbolts don't suck at fighting for once and the Cakes beating up the smoke monsters were cool.

Edit 2: New Trademark Rainbooms People are speculating a Rainbow Dash spin off with her in the Wonderbolts (or just a RD spin off in general), something to do with Equestria Girls eventual show (people are saying its going to be Sailor Moon like, so it could be the name of the main 6s Superhero team or something), or some kind of toyline for boys. Edit 2.5: Another speculation is since Sega is coming out with a new Sonic Cartoon (which Dave Polsky is writing for) called Sonic Boom, I don't know if its being done by Hasbro, but if it is it could be for some kind of crossover episode thing maybe.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok I think this deserves a separate post: I just caught the last 13 minutes of Equestria Girls, and it was pretty ok I enjoyed it quite a bit, can't wait to see the rest of it. From what ive seen and heard its exactly what I expected of it.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Here's a new crazy, completely out-there idea. Sombra came from the human world.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Penwrite. You write that idea down. Like, now. Write something with it please, it has so much potential for someone like you.

Also, I'm going to see the movie this Saturday with some friends. Don't know if it's going to be good or not, but I have to go to a theater I've never been to so I can see it.

Also also, this brings me to a friendly reminder. If I'm not mistaken, the movie did play in some places over the weekend. This means there will probably be discussion about it, and that's fine. But if you do want to talk about it, be considerate of those who may be planning to see and use spoiler tags.

Some people (Like me) don't want to know what happens before we see the movie. Let's not accidentally ruin it for those people, alright? ;)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

JeffCvt wrote:Penwrite. You write that idea down. Like, now. Write something with it please, it has so much potential for someone like you.

Also, I'm going to see the movie this Saturday with some friends. Don't know if it's going to be good or not, but I have to go to a theater I've never been to so I can see it.

Also also, this brings me to a friendly reminder. If I'm not mistaken, the movie did play in some places over the weekend. This means there will probably be discussion about it, and that's fine. But if you do want to talk about it, be considerate of those who may be planning to see and use spoiler tags.

Some people (Like me) don't want to know what happens before we see the movie. Let's not accidentally ruin it for those people, alright? ;)
While I haven't the time to write any new stories with that idea, I have thought of a way to weave it into my current stories. :)
Radio Blue Heart

I can't stop listening to "Loyalty" now! It's such a good song!
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, the Equestria girls movie was a lot better than I thought it would be

It was well done and well thought out. They had so many references to the greatest moments in the so far that I couldn't tell you all of them. They showed almost every pony in the human world at some point, and there were moments in the middle of the movie that people clapped, not just at the end.

Oh, and if anyone watches it in the theater, stay around till the end of the credits. You'll be glad you did.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Watched the whole thing it was again exactly as I thought, pretty good but nothing really great. 7/10 Worth watching for sure and not as bad as anyone made it out to be. As for Flash he basically didn't need to exist at all the only part where he did anything was really nothing but padding. Twilight and the CMC using the computer was hilarious as heck. And Spike all but steals the movie IMO.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Until recently, I thought Fluffle Puff is a real character in the show. Bummer.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

kurowolfe wrote:Until recently, I thought Fluffle Puff is a real character in the show. Bummer.
:lol: That would be amazing if it was true.

Edit: One other thing I wanted to say about Equestria Girls; the only thing I truly hated about this movie is that it had way to much padding and filler. You could easily cut this movie down to about 60 minutes and lose absolutely nothing important about it. If Canterlot Wedding felt like a movie they condensed into a two part episode; Equestria Girls feels like a two part episode they padded out into a movie.

Edit 2: To give an idea of what you could easily cut from this movie and lose nothing: The whole Snips and Snails destroying the decorations, framing Twilight for it and then everyone cleaning it up. Since you can cut that then you can cut everything with Flash Sentry in it, Equestria or Human. Since him clearing Twilight's name was literally the only thing he did in the whole movie. There I cut about maybe 10 to 15 minutes easily and lost absolutely nothing. Also Sunset Shimmers whole plan was completely stupid the only thing she would have done was gotten herself and a bunch of teenagers killed.
Radio Blue Heart

I just read the Pinkie Pie issue of the micro series and I think that it is probably the best one so far. I thought the scenes with Pinkie meeting Ponyacci were sweet and they nailed Pinkie's character. I know that the Rainbow Dash story had her acting out of character and that was a big gripe among the fans. I loved the little show she put on for him.

Interestingly enough, Ponyacci on which he is based was referenced in "Watchmen" by Rorschach, and any time someone does and "Watchmen" parody with ponies, Pinkie Pie is always Rorschach.

In other news I just got a Rainbow Dash vinyl toy to go with the Derpy one that I already have. So I thought that a sequel was in order to the picture of Derpy and the monster toys I posted earlier. Rainbow saves Depry.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just saw Equestria Girls. It was a pretty well-made little girls' movie, though I don't feel it has quite the not-patronizing charm of the source material. It focused on little bits of fanservice (like Scootaloo dancing like a chicken, Rainbow Dash saying "so awesome" exactly like in the show, etc.) and not the quality and sincerity that made those fans in the first place. Also, three outfits per main character throughout the movie. Hmmmmmmmmm.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I want to print this out and hang it on my wall.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Crysss ... -378959707
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I'm a DJ on a Brony Radio station, so I guess it's safe to say that I have over 300 songs that I like at this point.
I also have Archie on Skype in case I need a answer to whats going on. ^_^

Currently my favorite songs:
http://youtu.be/jR0fqQGfSeM (I love what he does at 2:45)
http://youtu.be/CxzMBVgaZZk (Stars off rough, but gets really good)
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Likely names of Pinkie Pies Family revealed I actually rather like these names if they are official.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

my only problem with that is that Pinkamena is not a mineral like Marble and Limestone
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:my only problem with that is that Pinkamena is not a mineral like Marble and Limestone
Its simple, they wanted to name their kids after minerals but they named her Pinkamena because she was, well, obviously very pink.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

there are pink minerals.
most logical in story explanation is that Granny Pie named their first born.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So, the new Pinkie Pie issue of the comic book micro-series. It's really pretty. So. Much. Color. <3
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

yes she was in the movie
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

She was also in the credits dancing with a muffin.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

That was the part where the theater I was in cheered the loudest. And that's saying something seeing how only about 1/3 of us were left by then.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

She was also in the Equestria Girls song (the one in the lunch room) in the background as well. Shes in the top back left of the screen IIRC.
Radio Blue Heart

Prepare to have your psyche destroyed by the latest Fluffle Puff video!!!

Just try and get the song out of your head!!! :twisted:
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

why would I want to? I had it on my iPod since the original artist uploaded it :D
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

JeffCvt wrote:That was the part where the theater I was in cheered the loudest. And that's saying something seeing how only about 1/3 of us were left by then.
You saw it in theaters? How many of the people there were adults?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Heck, the theater probably had something like... 70 people in it I guess. (It wasn't a big one) It wasn't sold out, but it wasn't far from that.

Out of that, there were three little girls (One of them had a Pinkie pie plushie. It was so cute). It looked like each girl had their mom bring them, and that was it. So less than 1/7 were the original target audience (Plus their parents).

I was kinda surprised just how many teenagers/adults showed up to be honest. I was expecting to see more than three kids show up.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hope the girls or their parents didn't feel uncomfortable...
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

They didn't seem to be. I mean, I wasn't watching them specifically or anything, but I didn't notice anything when I did see them.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I saw a news article earlier today and it got me thinking. I wonder if Mr. Rodgers would've liked MLP: FiM.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:I saw a news article earlier today and it got me thinking. I wonder if Mr. Rodgers would've liked MLP: FiM.
Considering what I know about him its very likely he would have considered it a good show that shows a good moral lesson. Also I'm interested exactly what article brought that on?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I imagine Mr. Rogers would. It makes kids happy and it teaches good lessons, yes?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:
Penwrite wrote:I saw a news article earlier today and it got me thinking. I wonder if Mr. Rodgers would've liked MLP: FiM.
Considering what I know about him its very likely he would have considered it a good show that shows a good moral lesson. Also I'm interested exactly what article brought that on?
An article about an episode of a Fox News show talking about how Mr. Rodgers was an evil, evil man. I don't want to get into it, this isn't really the place.

I hope we learn more about gryphons next season. They're awesome.