Re: My Little Pony

Post by mariomarc »

so apparently someone else found the end scene quite disturbing as well
and then decided to draw what it looked like to them
oh god

this is very not pg
warning blood
[ Link Removed ]

Mod Edit: If an image is "very not PG," you may not post or link to it!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:so apparently someone else found the end scene quite disturbing as well
oh god

this is very not pg
warning blood
[ Link Removed ]
That's exactly how it felt to me.

Mod Edit: Removed link to inappropriate material.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I know what you guys mean, they should have been able to see that one pinkie wasn't as sprightly as the others but then that would mean they'd have about five minutes to kill before the end of the episode. You guys should write to HISHE, see if they'll do a cartoon on it.

I wonder what Celestia was talking about when she said "Then i'll know she'll be ready", i have a feeling this or the next season will lead up to Celestia stepping down and letting someone else take the throne. Speaking of royalty, is anyone else baffled by where Princess Cadence actually came from, or is that mentioned in the episode
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

mariomarc wrote:so apparently someone else found the end scene quite disturbing as well
oh god

this is very not pg
warning blood
[ Link Removed ]
I felty that too.
Genocide is magic.

Mod Edit: Removed link to inappropriate material.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I just noticed that one of the episodes is called Wonderbolt Academy. Sounds like Rainbow's going to take a step closer to her dream

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Hey, you know what I just realized? They never explained how that last page got torn out in the season premier.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It probably just happened to be damaged. Not every missing page has to have been ripped on purpose.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:Hey, you know what I just realized? They never explained how that last page got torn out in the season premier.
They also didn't explain why that book that had the legend of the pool in it was in a secret door in the library, in last weeks episode. Likely Sombra ripped it out so no one would know about the real heart; or what Sleet said.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I actually have a theory about that hidden book. One of the princesses put it there. This was all yet another part of their testing Twilight's readiness for whatever.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

It's weird that Twilight had the exact book she was looking for on the Mirror Pool stashed away in a secret compartment on her bookshelf. Maybe they are both subtle messages.

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

JohnWillow wrote:It's weird that Twilight had the exact book she was looking for on the Mirror Pool stashed away in a secret compartment on her bookshelf. Maybe they are both subtle messages.
Oh my gosh thank you! You have no idea how annoying it was to me to keep seeing it called the "mirror pond" in comics and comments on EqD!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Penwrite wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:It's weird that Twilight had the exact book she was looking for on the Mirror Pool stashed away in a secret compartment on her bookshelf. Maybe they are both subtle messages.
Oh my gosh thank you! You have no idea how annoying it was to me to keep seeing it called the "mirror pond" in comics and comments on EqD!
Twilight said Mirror Pond
She was reading it from a book, Pinkie was only going off of what she remembered of what her nana Pinkie (who I'm choosing to believe is a different grandmother from the Granny Pie mentioned in Giggle at the Ghosties) told her, so Mirror Pond is likely what it's actually called
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yeah but... Mirror Pool sounds better... also Pinkie said it first.

But anyway, I was giving an episode of Littlest Pet Shop a try and... is that Rainbow Dash's voice coming out of the main human character? :?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

It is indeed Ashleigh Ball
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Heh, yea, i know how that feels Penwrite. Like whenever my dad talks about this story I've been writing he keeps referring to my main character as Buster even though i changed the name to Paliurus.

It's weird that in the next scene Pinkie recites a poem that refers to it as a Pond.

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So, funny story. I was on the Lost fan wiki, checking something out. I clicked on a link to another site and, lo and behold, an advertisement for My Little Pony came up.

On a related note, the ending to Lost would be kinda perfect for MLP: FiM.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

JohnWillow wrote:Oh god this is funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nPeay57 ... re=related

I prefer their commentaries for "Rescue at Nightmare Castle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL6zVUGsKnk

And "The Runaway Rainbow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ_bmxoplE

Pony Pokey is awesome!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

PonyPokey are a fun group and just nice and approachable guys in general
Penwrite wrote:So, funny story. I was on the Lost fan wiki, checking something out. I clicked on a link to another site and, lo and behold, an advertisement for My Little Pony came up.

I'll admit "everyone dies sometime, kiddo" is not a line I expect to hear anytime soon on Friendship is Magic.
Image Image
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

CaptainPea wrote:PonyPokey are a fun group and just nice and approachable guys in general
Penwrite wrote:So, funny story. I was on the Lost fan wiki, checking something out. I clicked on a link to another site and, lo and behold, an advertisement for My Little Pony came up.

I'll admit "everyone dies sometime, kiddo" is not a line I expect to hear anytime soon on Friendship is Magic.
Okay, I admit I was vague, sorry. I didn't mean the actual end of the show. More... I imagine same kind of concept. Of their bonds of friendship, their experiences and adventures, make them metaphorically "wait" for each other before moving on. It's just a nice idea that goes well with the idea of "friendship is magic".
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Penwrite wrote:
CaptainPea wrote:

Okay, I admit I was vague, sorry. I didn't mean the actual end of the show. More... I imagine same kind of concept. Of their bonds of friendship, their experiences and adventures, make them metaphorically "wait" for each other before moving on. It's just a nice idea that goes well with the idea of "friendship is magic".
No need to apologize, it was just a funny thought to me.

I'm actually kind of curious as to how they'll wrap up the show (assuming they know in advance when it's ending). The Crusaders have a pretty obvious arc to finish, but the main six don't really have any story like that whose conclusion would signal the end of the show.
Image Image
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CaptainPea wrote:the main six don't really have any story like that whose conclusion would signal the end of the show.
Rainbow joins the wonderbolts and Twilight becomes an alicorn princess.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
CaptainPea wrote:the main six don't really have any story like that whose conclusion would signal the end of the show.
Rainbow joins the wonderbolts and Twilight becomes an alicorn princess.
If they really wanted to go that direction the only ones they could do it with, other then the obvious one with the CMC, would be Rainbow Dash,Rarity, and Twilight.

Rainbow Dash joins the Wonderbolts
Rarity would hit it big in the fashion world and move to either Canterlot,Manehatten or some big city
Twilight would become some kind of teacher in Canterlot or an Alicorn (if they are really going in that direction)

The rest don't really have anything set up like that at the moment.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i don't think she needs to become an alicorn to become princess
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Hey, coming up with endings for the show! I like this topic!

Applejack's plane to Appleloosa was shot down. There were no survivors.

Twilight woke up to find herself back in her old Canterlot home. Hearing the shower running, she goes to investigate and finds Spike, who asks her what Ponyville is.

It's all revealed to be in the mind of an autistic Scootaloo.

They all end up in prison together for being too nice.

Spike trades his clumsy hands for Discord's amazing musically-gifted hands so that Spike can write an opera for Rarity. After a bunch of comedic mishaps Spike and Rarity walk off together, an aura of hopefulness around them... AND THEN FOUR MOVIES AND THREE MORE SEASONS GET MADE LIKE FIVE YEARS LATER OR SOMETHING AND TRAMPLE ALL OVER THAT-

Calm down, Penwrite. Calm down.
Radio Blue Heart

Penwrite wrote:Hey, coming up with endings for the show! I like this topic!

Twilight woke up to find herself back in her old Canterlot home. Hearing the shower running, she goes to investigate and finds Spike, who asks her what Ponyville is.

Spike trades his clumsy hands for Discord's amazing musically-gifted hands so that Spike can write an opera for Rarity. After a bunch of comedic mishaps Spike and Rarity walk off together, an aura of hopefulness around them... AND THEN FOUR MOVIES AND THREE MORE SEASONS GET MADE LIKE FIVE YEARS LATER OR SOMETHING AND TRAMPLE ALL OVER THAT-

Wouldn't be better if it was all in the mind of Derpy?

Those were just bad, lazy writing! How about this.

Twilight and Fluttershy are the last survivors of a trip to an island that was, unbeknownst to them, infested with changelings. Mourning their friends and allies, Twilight tries to keep Fluttershy distracted.

Twilight: Let's see if there is something more cheerful on the radio.

Radio: This is Vinyl Scratch with the latest news: The situation here in Equestria since the discovery of the first changeling is getting worse by the hour. There is chaos in the streets! The royal guard can no long contain the situation, in every city, from Canterlot to Manehatten, from Ponyville to Appaloosa, the changelings are taking over! The mayor of Ponyville has declared a state of emergency and has asked the Princess for assistance. Barricades have been thrown up through out Manehatten. Shining Armor of the royal guard said that dragons may be used if necessary. I have just been informed that changelings have entered the building! They're at the door! They're coming in! NOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

All respect to Lucio Fulci.
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

They could have Pinkie Pie take over the bakery from the Cakes. I just can't think of anything for Fluttershy or Applejack though.

Also just for fun I will name all of these references for the few that don't know them before someone asks about them
MASH season 3 Finale
Dallas season 9 Finale (Also a bit of a reference to the Family Guy Y2K episode because I don't think he actually asked her anything in the original Finale)
St. Elsewhere Series Finale
Seinfeld Series Finale
Futurama's Original Series Finale and the relaunch

Spoilered because they are Finales

Also I am a huge Nerd :P :ugeek:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm glad my massive nerdness can be appreciated here. :ugeek:

Also, guess what! Famed internet reviewer SFDebris has a review of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on his blip page! I'm too cowardly, who wants to watch it and see if he hates, loves, or is indifferent to the show?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Oh, I remember watching that review a good while back. He's actually fairly impressed with it. Not his cup of tea, but he actually gives it a pretty good review.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Rainbow Dash gets hit with a golf ball and she wakes up in bed with one of her stylish G3 hats.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Rainbow Dash gets hit with a golf ball and she wakes up in bed with one of her stylish G3 hats.
heheheh Series Finale of Newhart though it didn't involve a hat.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Twilight Sparkle shatters Princess Celestia's energy tube, releasing a wave of pure goodness that wipes out or purifies all villains.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:Twilight Sparkle shatters Princess Celestia's energy tube, releasing a wave of pure goodness that wipes out or purifies all villains.
Power Rangers in Space Finale titled Countdown to Destruction Part 2 I think I'm done showing off how much of a nerd I am for now. I can't wait for the next episode I can't wait to see what they do with the whole family member being the bully angle especially in what really looks like a pretty close knit family.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Rainbow Dash gets hit with a golf ball and she wakes up in bed with one of her stylish G3 hats.
heheheh Series Finale of Newhart though it didn't involve a hat.
no, but it involved a wife. I mean, G3 dash was married to her stylish outfits, wasn't she?
IceKitsune wrote:I'm done showing off how much of a nerd I am for now. I can't wait for the next episode I can't wait to see what they do with the whole family member being the bully angle especially in what really looks like a pretty close knit family.
sure about that?

Twilight has to perform a powerful spell to save Equestria. It succeeds, but in return she was sent to our world and is now a normal pony.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Oh gosh, that sounds PAINFULLY familiar... ah...nnnh... noooooooooo!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The end of this video is relevant to this topic Pokemon Yellow Total Control Hack and no its not a some kind of trick he really got it to do that and if you were good enough and fast enough you could do it on a real cart.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I'm done showing off how much of a nerd I am for now. I can't wait for the next episode I can't wait to see what they do with the whole family member being the bully angle especially in what really looks like a pretty close knit family.
sure about that?

Twilight has to perform a powerful spell to save Equestria. It succeeds, but in return she was sent to our world and is now a normal pony.
It sounds very familiar but I just can't place it
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

There's a couple of endings i've always liked. As Told By Ginger and Digimon Tamers (that's the one with takato right?). So I wouldn't mind MLP having a similar one, let's hope a lot of questions aren't left hanging in the air like Teen Titans, and god forbid they have an ending like 90's Spider-Man.

Speaking of which, do you guys prefer it that every episode is a random character driven story or would you like them to start having story arcs instead of these double episodes at the start of each season.

BTW I looked up arc on dictionary.com and the definition i just used it for isn't on there

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I really doubt MLP will get a good finale. There's no big story arc so I don't know if there's anything they'll want to wrap up. The last season will likely end with something big but not very final.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

they should end with a movie
Radio Blue Heart

They should never end.
-Virgil