My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

IceKitsune

Re: My Little Pony

Post by IceKitsune »

I know I said I wouldn't say anymore but with the VP of Hasbro looking into things there is two things I could see happening here 1. He just says there is nothing he can do and that Fan animations and Games just can't happen (sadly the most likely/Hasbro legal is lazy option) 2. Hasbro legal sets up some kind of fan/small firm based Licensing fee for works they deem appropriate with some guidelines, You just have to pay that to use the characters for such and such an amount of time. This would be the best case scenario and also the most unlikely. Before anyone says "but Jan/others wouldn't have the money to pay it!" Its called Kickstarter believe me if that happened and Jan put it up there she would have the money within a few hours, a day at most depending on the price.

Edit: After looking up this stuff it legally it would likely be a licensing fee for non-profit and/or non-charity use
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That episode was really good. The visuals in Sweetie Belle's dream were awesome, and the plot worked really well and didn't seem jarring. Also, it's like my complaints about Rarity recently have been fixed. Rarity is actually behaving like a competent designer this episode!

Also, I'll say this is confirmation that ponies have humanesque lifespans and aging, since those five-year-olds seemed like five-year-olds (granted, ones with good vocabulary).
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

So we've had Luna appear in a Scootaloo dream and a Sweetie Belle dream. I'm predicting a Luna apearance in an Applebloom dream at some point in the future.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Penwrite wrote:Anywho, we've seen Luna visit Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Wonder when she'll visit Apple Bloom, lol.
Penwrite beat you to that thought, Blue Fox.

And IceKitsune:
IceKitsune wrote:and Jan put it up there she would have the money within a few hours, a day at most depending on the price.
You do know that Jan is a guy, right? If you want proof, just check out one of his livestreams. When he talks, it's clear as day.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JeffCvt wrote:
Penwrite wrote:Anywho, we've seen Luna visit Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Wonder when she'll visit Apple Bloom, lol.
Penwrite beat you to that thought, Blue Fox.

And IceKitsune:
IceKitsune wrote:and Jan put it up there she would have the money within a few hours, a day at most depending on the price.
You do know that Jan is a guy, right? If you want proof, just check out one of his livestreams. When he talks, it's clear as day.
I never watched any of his streams and I've seen people refer to him as a girl plenty of times.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Vinly Scratch EQG teaser thing Oh man this is really amazing. I don't care how you feel about EQG, this is simply the best thing.

7 more teasers like the one above are on the way
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Vinly Scratch EQG teaser thing Oh man this is really amazing. I don't care how you feel about EQG, this is simply the best thing.

7 more teasers like the one above are on the way
That suggests this new one isn't gonna be theatrical. Odd.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's actually a pretty neat short!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Jan situation Update He got permission to put up some of the videos so far. I hope the rest of them can get put back up.

Edit: Just to take a guess here, I'm going to assume eventually he will get permission to put up everything but Button's Adventure; and the general rule will be you can make animations but you can't do something that looks like an episode of a tv show.

Edit: Watched the new episode, It was good if a bit predictable. Applejack's dilemma was really well done and it was a lot more even handed then I expected it to be. I liked that Big Mac got screen time in the beginning of the episode. I also liked how this episode reconfirmed that Ponies are not just purely their cutie marks. I never really cared for the Film Flam brothers they were always my least favorite antagonists in the show and this didn't change anything on that front. However I can ignore that so it didn't bring the episode down any.

The whole swimming competition was nice and I liked that little joke with Lyra holding the sign upside down. AppleJacks reaction before climbing up to save Granny Smith was really great. I also liked the ending with Flim and Flam running away with stuff falling off their cart. Also Granny Smiths Swim Suit, I understand the joke don't get me wrong; but when I saw it my brain was just like "They are already naked all the time anyway, this makes no sense."

Over all I give this one a 7/10 mostly for being pretty predictable even more so then most episode, I felt the same way about Castle Mania but that had really good gags, jokes and reaction faces to make up for it.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I thought the new ep was nicely done, even if I don't understand the mummerings about Flim and Flam being set up as bad guys.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I saw it as a perfectly passable episode. It was solid but didn't really shine in any particular way.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Three Teaser for the upcoming episode

EW Teaser Clip
Facebook Page Clip
Clip from TV Guide That was the most late 80s/early 90s thing I have seen in quite some time. What the heck did I just watch? Also G1 reference The Wonderbolts were started in ancient times by General Firefly!

I am quite hyped for this one, World building on the Wonderbolts and that last clip, just that last clip. I half expected the cast from Saved by the Bell or Will Smith as the Fresh Prince to show up in it.

Rainbow Rocks Short 2

Edit: Synopsis and title for the Finale Revealed And then Twilight Sparkle was Son Goku
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

I thought it was a great little ep. Pinky rapping was SO GOOD.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That was awesome. <3 The moral was a great one, and there were so many good moments. Rapping in TV shows has always made me cringe, but they crossed the line twice with the cheesy '80s fashion and scratchy film quality. So Pinkie was hilarious. I also laughed out loud at the stealth joke of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Big Macintosh ("E! "U!" "P!" "Eeyup!") Did anyone else notice the Pulp Fiction briefcase Filthy Rich had?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Just finished the Episode, that was absolutely amazing! The character development for Rainbow Dash, the world and history building, that Pinkie Pie Rap. The moral was great everyone's attempts at teaching Rainbow were interesting and funny. Fluttershy's play was completely silly I liked Rainbow trying desperately to understand what was happening. I loved the look on Rarity's face when AJ dismissed her teaching style and seeing all the different uniforms was very nice.

Pinkie Pies Rap and her continuing to try it after was just awesome (and I liked it especially because I have a strange soft spot for that late 80s early 90s era. I mean in general though not rap especially.) I also liked how it was pretty genuine to the era, it wasn't being over the top and silly it was actually trying to be genuine and good. Rainbow Dash was absolutely adorable the whole time especially when Twilight was teaching her at the library. (loved that part with her,Owlowiscious and Spike screwing around behind Twilight)

Twilight was completely adorable as well, trying to fly and talk to rainbow at the same time, almost crashing into the helicopter. I really love how it built up RD's style of flying and seeing everything around her that was great. The cameos by the CMC, Big Mac and most of ponyville were great. I also loved the heck out the the G1 reference with Firefly. Really though you could just call this episode Ponies Act Adorable the episode

This is for sure one of my favorites of the season and top 5 of the series overall. 9.5/10 for me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I just watched it.
I laughed out loud at the "Is it snack time? recess? can't we just watch the movie?" part cause of how accurately she was portraying the attitudes of students.
and as was stated before, the lesson was great. and one that, as far as I know, not a lot of shows touch on (though I don't really watch many kids shows so I may be completely wrong)

oh yeah, and the "you sing entire freak out arias about tests" line was pretty great too
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Three Teaser for the upcoming episode

EW Teaser Clip
Facebook Page Clip
Clip from TV Guide That was the most late 80s/early 90s thing I have seen in quite some time. What the heck did I just watch? Also G1 reference The Wonderbolts were started in ancient times by General Firefly!

I am quite hyped for this one, World building on the Wonderbolts and that last clip, just that last clip. I half expected the cast from Saved by the Bell or Will Smith as the Fresh Prince to show up in it.

Rainbow Rocks Short 2

Edit: Synopsis and title for the Finale Revealed And then Twilight Sparkle was Son Goku
That... hrm... that actually doesn't sound very promising to me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:I also loved the heck out the the G1 reference with Firefly.
according to Amy Keating Rogers, that was actually Fyre-Flye, a nod to Lauren Faust
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I also loved the heck out the the G1 reference with Firefly.
according to Amy Keating Rogers, that was actually Fyre-Flye, a nod to Lauren Faust
Laurens name is also a reference to the G1 Pony, and even in the tweet they spell it the same as the G1 pony, so no matter how you split it its still a reference to G1 Firefly.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's a reference of a reference!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Just read the 4th friends forever comic. It was pretty good, the crystal ghost was meh but the references (Mario and Luigi ponies!) and seeing Shining Armor and Twilight interact were very nice. Twilight and Shining are both such huge nerds its not even funny and this really shows it. Also we get a look into some more of the goings on of Royalty in Equestria which is nice. Shining has to deal with a lot of little pointless stuff and apparently Twilight writes a lot of different reports and what not. We even got a bit more on Sombra (guy still has a weird thing for stairs apparently) which combined with the main comics Alt-Sombra is really nice since the guy needs the development. (Its also why I don't get people who hate the comics it lets characters like Sombra,Trixie,Big Mac and the like get fleshed out in way the show can't do, but that's a whole different thing)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Sleet wrote:It's a reference of a reference!
Reference-ception! :shock: Quick, we need to find a kick!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

The Blue Fox wrote:
Sleet wrote:It's a reference of a reference!
Reference-ception! :shock: Quick, we need to find a kick!
Applejack seems pretty good at that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

While there is no episode this week (thanks LPS finale :P) we do have the Third Rainbow Rocks Short IMO its not as good as the other two but Rarity is pretty funny in it, its worth the watch for her alone.

Edit: Just so everyone knows Today (April 15th) is the 30th anniversary of MLP! 30 years ago today Escape/Rescue from Midnight Castle/FireFly's Adventure debut on TV. A EQG article and the first G1 special
Edit 2: Turns out that I was wrong it actually debuted on the 14th not the 15th. However still its been 30 years!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I haven't quite finished the episode yet (the video is buffering a bit)
but did anyone go into this episode and not expect the classic Chain of Deals?

also Rarity is in the right for which trade she and AJ should make. Applejack wants the pie tin cause it cooks 5 seconds faster. That has no point unless she actually uses it, and using a rusty pie tin is not advisable. Rarity wants the vintage broach that looks just like her current one, but reproductions are never as valuable as the original run and an expert can always tell the difference from very small details that AJ wouldn't see.

finally, when looking up who voiced the pony running the lamp stand, It turns out it wasn't an established voice actor. In fact, the only results that come from googling him are from when he was about 11 in 2008. when he took part in a walk to raise awareness for spinal muscular atrophy despite having the disease himself and needing to use ankle braces. And now you know why the lamp vendor had that wheeled walking apparatus thingy on (I guess it's a pony wheelchair? but we've seen actual wheelchairs before, haven't we?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This one was pretty neat, not one of the best of the season but it had some memorable things about it. I knew about 5 seconds into it that it was going to be a Trade Chain. Rarity and AJ worked well together as did Pinkie and Twilight. I loved that we finally got to see one of Twilights duties (even if its universal amongst the Princesses and not something only she does.) I have to admit I really love it when they use Wings as Hands in this show its so darn cute. Pinkie's antics about how the books were owned by Princesses was funny and I liked that it ended up backfiring on her. (That whole thing kind of leads credence to the idea that Twilight kind of told everyone to treat her normally in Ponyville as well) I love the call backs to other episodes with the books and I really thought the speech from RD was pretty well done at the end.

What made this episode was all the little background things like Flutershy and RD showing up in the background of the AJ/Rarity scenes, I also liked that Crystal Ponies showed up in this one that caught me by surprise at first. I actually liked Stellar Eclipse (I hate to say it I know some people are going to throw a fit about it, mostly because if what Brent said is right hes not a voice actor and likely got in as a fan or something, so I guess that was his OC and you just know people will hit the roof about it. :roll:) I believe we saw a similar looking wheelchair like thing on some background ponies in Leap of Faith. Also AJ is now officially The Rock (that eyebrow raise)

Over all it was a fun episode 8/10 for me
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

quick heads up, Sherclop Pones just released the first part of Friendship is Witchcraft: Horse Women.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I could've sworn that was over.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

It will be after this one, the Equestria Girls parody is their last outing with these characters.

Also now I feel bad about Stellar Eclipse, because he got in through the Make A Wish foundation. Hopefully the fandom can recognize that this is not a time to get upset about an OC getting into the show.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I liked that episode, though much of the plot was pretty avoidable. I'm surprised Rarity didn't just offer to trade brooches? Also, I love when actual mythological beasts (such as the orthros) show up. I like when they play up the fantasy aspect of the setting. It's a cool touch. Also, pony in a wheelchair. Kinda cool. :3
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Just watched the new episode. It was pretty good loved the heck out of Owlowiscious in this one he was fun as a secondary character and foil to Spike. Rarity was great in this episode it was great seeing her all crazy like that. She was pretty darn strong when she was possessed by that Dark Magic spell which was nice to see. Her over dramatic acting was great with her eating the tubs of ice cream and stuff. I loved it when she refereed to the "Three of us" and told Spike the third one was the Book itself.

Also that Saved by the Bell reference! (It was the lines "I'm so excited, I'm so excited!" "I'm so scared" from Rarity and Spike respectively if you didn't know.) That totally caught me off guard when it happened. (It also has seemed to go over most peoples heads from what I can tell) Also liked that Luna and Cadence helped out with cleaning up Ponyville at the end that was neat especially Twilight coming in looking a tired as heck.

Over all this was a fun little episode that explores somethings a bit more (Dark Magic, however it seems to be flip flopping on if Dark Magic is inherently corrupting or not, as it seemed to have corrupted Sombra and clearly did for Rarity, yet Twilight and Celestia can use it just fine; and Spike and Rarity's relationship) which was fun. 7.5 out of 10 for me.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

No number rating from me, but I really liked his ep. It should calm down the folks who get upset at the lack of focus on Spike and Twilight at the end all upset and frazzled was so cute.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:Dark Magic, however it seems to be flip flopping on if Dark Magic is inherently corrupting or not, as it seemed to have corrupted Sombra and clearly did for Rarity, yet Twilight and Celestia can use it just fine
Well Celestia is a princess and Twilight is the element of magic, it could be that they were strong enough to resist it's corrupting influence.

Or it could depend on the spell. This spell specifically said "every thought to action" or whatever the wording was. That implies to me a removal of filters that tell you "this though isn't something you should act upon". Rarity's actions seemed like things she'd normally think of doing briefly before realizing she shouldn't (or at least should ask first), and this spell removed the not doing it part.

also we don;t know Sombra wasn't evil before the dark magic.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Dark Magic, however it seems to be flip flopping on if Dark Magic is inherently corrupting or not, as it seemed to have corrupted Sombra and clearly did for Rarity, yet Twilight and Celestia can use it just fine
Well Celestia is a princess and Twilight is the element of magic, it could be that they were strong enough to resist it's corrupting influence.

Or it could depend on the spell. This spell specifically said "every thought to action" or whatever the wording was. That implies to me a removal of filters that tell you "this though isn't something you should act upon". Rarity's actions seemed like things she'd normally think of doing briefly before realizing she shouldn't (or at least should ask first), and this spell removed the not doing it part.

also we don;t know Sombra wasn't evil before the dark magic.
Also there is the fact that, while Twilight did get angry at Spike, she only got angry at him for not asking to take the book, not because said book contained Dark Magic. It seemed to me that she would have been fine with him taking it if he asked her first because there has to be a reason that such a book was even still kept around.
Considering the comics as well (specifically the Sunset Shimmer prequel mini) Dark Magic stuff was in a restrictive wing of the library, but there was just a regular librarian there in the room; it wasn't guarded nor was it under heavy lock and key like something completely dangerous would be. To me this shows that 1. Celestia and Luna do not agree with Censorship and 2. The study of Dark Magic itself is not banned just restricted to those that are ready and trained for it most likely.

Really to boil it down a bit here's my personal head canon for now regarding Dark Magic: Its not inherently corrupting if you are trained and ready to use it, its only corrupting if an unskilled and unprepared Pony uses it. Hench why it is not banned or destroyed when found. That right now is the only way I can see that what the show has shown us about it makes sense.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Hey guys, I'm a DJ now, DJ 's are cul

In all seriousness, how have you guys been?

Last MLP episode was mildly "meh" for me to be honest.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey it's Kyderra! Nice seeing you around! Did you perform this mix live anywhere, or just upload it online?

I really liked the new episode. Episodes where a character goes over-the-top crazy are my favorites. The scene with Rarity and ice cream made me laugh. And did anyone else notice Spike ate an extremely powerful dark magic artifact and it was never addressed? That can't possibly be a good thing...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Hey it's Kyderra! Nice seeing you around! Did you perform this mix live anywhere, or just upload it online?

I really liked the new episode. Episodes where a character goes over-the-top crazy are my favorites. The scene with Rarity and ice cream made me laugh. And did anyone else notice Spike ate an extremely powerful dark magic artifact and it was never addressed? That can't possibly be a good thing...
He burned though a steel lock to get to the book in the first place; which would melt the way it did at about 2000 degrees according to comments I've seen. That book was completely disintegrated when he ate it, as Spikes internal temperature has to be pretty freaking high considering his fire breath.

Edit:
Synopsis for Equestria Games and the Finale updated Sounds pretty darn good! Can't wait for the 10th :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kyderra wrote:Hey guys, I'm a DJ now, DJ 's are cul

In all seriousness, how have you guys be~
*Tacklehugs you*

Been awhile. I see you are still as crazy about MLP as ever :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so when near the end when rarity said
"I'm so excited! I'm so excited!"
and spike responded with
"I'm so scared."

did anyone else think of saved by the bell?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

mariomarc wrote:so when near the end when rarity said
"I'm so excited! I'm so excited!"
and spike responded with
"I'm so scared."

did anyone else think of saved by the bell?
Yes because that's exactly what it was from. Its a direct quote from an episode namely this part Clip