My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Penwrite »

From what I've heard, Bad Seed was an intentional throwback to the catchy Pop songs cartoons often had in the 60s and 70s. You know, like Scooby Doo and stuff. And for that, it gets some awesome points for me.

I wonder if we'll ever get a real main villain song. By main villain I mean the kind we get in a season starter or finale, and by real song I mean, well, a real, big, awesome song. I'm hesitant to fully count This Day Aria because it was a duet with Cadance and Chrysalis wasn't in her real form, and Chrysalis's later dark reprise was only, like, a couple seconds long, so I don't think that really counts.

What do y'all think?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

JeffCvt wrote:What do you mean questionable lyrics? I liked them.
"But for now we're stayin' out of her way 'til then."

Yeah. Babs Seed wasn't exactly the strongest from a lyrical perspective. I can appreciate the simplicity of them considering it's being sung by the CMC. But I really can't excuse that particular line; it literally makes me cringe any time I listen to the song.

Edit:
Penwrite wrote:What do y'all think?
I agree. I'd love to see a legit villain song from one of the future two-parters. Straight Disney-style.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Probably synopsis of upcoming Fluttershy episode:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/12/k ... .html#more

My exact reaction to said synopsis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJGauIwzEU
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:Probably synopsis of upcoming Fluttershy episode:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/12/k ... .html#more

My exact reaction to said synopsis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJGauIwzEU
Emergency! Emergency! Sir, we can't hold back the floodgate of Disshy fics. I repeat. The Disshy fics are incoming!

Now, seriously, I've read that it might be a fake summary since if Discord appeared again it would be most liekly in a two-parter. But I find this summary weird. If the summary is true, then it might turn Discord into an organized chaos? Or he'll flat out lie to everyone and mak Fluttershy cry at the end.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yeah, if anything that summary sounds like it'd make a fitting series finale, but not a regular old episode.

Anywho, I got the first issue of the MLP comic for Christmas today. Finished it 10 minutes flat. That was amazing. I NEED the next issue. DX
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I can't say much about this show, because I'm not watching this. Some people here told me it's very good. Some time ago I watched 2 or 3 episodes. I'm still not going to watch this, but I must admit, it's probably the best "new" show for kids I saw for long time. I must give credit to producers of it for doing good work ;)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm glad to see that you at least gave the show a try by watching a few episodes and even saying that it looks good as a kids show.

I don't care if people watch something and say they don't like it, but don't say that you don't like something if you haven't even seen it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I wasn't very curios to watch it, but someday I found it on TV and I give it try. And as I said, it's not exactly my type of show, but I could watch it from time to time and enjoy it and for sure, if I have kids, I'll choose it for them, from, as I called it, new shows. It's on very high level in compare to what I watched with my younger cousin.
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well if that is the case with Keep Calm and Flutter On that should prove to be a really great episode for sure and it would provide great characterization for Fluttershy as well.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm just overall excited for a Fluttershy episode. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Next episode will be Spike's right?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yep. This Saturday is the Spike episode, then they're skipping a week, January 12th will be... something, and then the 19th will be the Fluttershy episode.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Considering the synopsis, we could probably consider this a half Spike, half Applejack episode.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I suppose so. Though I tend to consider episodes as being an "x/y/z episode" depending on who is the one most focused on throughout the story. And I have a feeling that most of the story will come from Spike's introspective POV.

Kind of like how Putting Your Hoof Down had Pinkie Pie and Rarity in it almost as much as Fluttershy, but we still consider it to be purely a "Fluttershy episode".
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I'm kinda anxious. I mean I thought that Dragon quest was going to be great (one of the best of the show) given the summary and the first trailer, but it was an okay episode at the end (there was a lot of disappointment, though). While I'm dreading Spike at your Service to be on the same level as the owl episode (which was BAD). Maybe the episode has the opposite effect of my expectation. Maybe it'll be great, but the summary makes me believe it'll be the usual "you saved me? let me annoy the apples out of you by being your personal slave"
[insert joke about Spike is already a slave here]
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Can we please use some spoiler tags for my sake?

I don't mind you all talking about who the episode is focused on, but when you get into any detail about the episode beyond that (Like, any. At all), I don't want to know before the episode airs.

I'm not trying to sound selfish, and forgive me if I am, but I don't want to have to stop looking in this thread because a lot of other awesome stuff gets posted other than what the nest episode is about.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sleet wrote:I'm just overall excited for a Fluttershy episode. :3
I am excited that there is going to be another Fluttershy centered episode, but the fact that Discord is going to return in it is probably worked all the fans into a frenzy. But, maybe the inclusion of him as a reoccurring cast member will make for some good stories.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

JeffCvt wrote:Can we please use some spoiler tags for my sake?

I don't mind you all talking about who the episode is focused on, but when you get into any detail about the episode beyond that (Like, any. At all), I don't want to know before the episode airs.

I'm not trying to sound selfish, and forgive me if I am, but I don't want to have to stop looking in this thread because a lot of other awesome stuff gets posted other than what the nest episode is about.
The episode hasn't leaked. All we got from the next epísode was the summary that was just me theorizing abou what might happen.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

alternat ending to Wonderbolts Academy

I'd have actually preferred this one.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:alternat ending to Wonderbolts Academy

appart from the Lighting Dust still being a wonderbolt (wingpony or not), that would have been a better ending.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:I'm kinda anxious. I mean I thought that Dragon quest was going to be great (one of the best of the show) given the summary and the first trailer, but it was an okay episode at the end (there was a lot of disappointment, though). While I'm dreading Spike at your Service to be on the same level as the owl episode (which was BAD). Maybe the episode has the opposite effect of my expectation. Maybe it'll be great, but the summary makes me believe it'll be the usual "you saved me? let me annoy the apples out of you by being your personal slave"
Am I the only person who likes Owl's Well That Ends Well?
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

This might have been said before, but has anyone realized that Season 3 of the Walking Dead and MLP: FiM are happening at the same time. So that means Saturday Mornings are filled with awesome and so are Sunday Nights!!!! *squee*
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:alternat ending to Wonderbolts Academy

Why did they change it? Its a better ending anyway, its not really majorly different theme wise; except its less ambiguous about Lightning Dust and if Rainbow Dash is on the Team. The only reason they likely changed it is because they wanted things to be more ambiguous about RD being on the Wonderbolts or not. Though while its a better ending IMO making it ambiguous what happened to Lightning Dust and if Rainbow Dash is on the Wonderbolts doesn't hurt the episode at all really and ironically most people assumed this is what happened to both of them anyway well except a lot of people thought that Lighting Dust was kicked out of the academy.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Penwrite wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I'm kinda anxious. I mean I thought that Dragon quest was going to be great (one of the best of the show) given the summary and the first trailer, but it was an okay episode at the end (there was a lot of disappointment, though). While I'm dreading Spike at your Service to be on the same level as the owl episode (which was BAD). Maybe the episode has the opposite effect of my expectation. Maybe it'll be great, but the summary makes me believe it'll be the usual "you saved me? let me annoy the apples out of you by being your personal slave"
I liked it too!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know what after giving it some thought both endings are really good. Neither of them were worse then the other and really they both tell the exact same ending anyway, its just one is less ambiguous then the other.
Penwrite wrote:
I thought it was ok definitely not as bad as people make it out to be, same thing with Mysterious Mare Do Well.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I disliked Owl's Well That Ends Well because it made Spike act like a big jerk. For his fans like me that's the equivalent of MDW.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:I disliked Owl's Well That Ends Well because it made Spike act like a big jerk. For his fans like me that's the equivalent of MDW.
While I understand your feelings, I don't think that's a very good comparison. In Owl's Well Spike acts like a jerk because he's a bit of a child and something's happening that's never happened before. He felt like he was being replaced and, I think, the end message was a very good one. MDW, meanwhile, was "Rainbow Dash is getting an ego from saving lives, so we'll completely show her up in every single way and brag about it until she sees the error of her ways, even though we're doing the exact FREAKING THING SHE-

Calm down, Penwrite, calm down. That episode really gets to me....

Anyway, I like Owl's Well because it made Spike act like a jerk, simply in a believable manner, giving him some real character development by the end. But, to each their own.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

We can't ever forget that Spike is a child, and children are frequently immature.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another Episode Title Reveal Just for Sidekicks Its another Spike Episode and it seems likely to be the one were the CMC/Pets screen shot comes from. A lot of underrepresented characters getting episodes this season.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I can't express how much I love that title.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

IceKitsune wrote:Another Episode Title Reveal Just for Sidekicks Its another Spike Episode and it seems likely to be the one were the CMC/Pets screen shot comes from. A lot of underrepresented characters getting episodes this season.
This sounds like a good premise. But I think it was done before in the show when Spike had to take care of Flutershy animals.
edit: as someone said in another board: "I'm praying this doesn't turn out to be Baby Cakes 2.0 or Stare Master 2.0..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Wait, what was wrong with Baby Cakes?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:Wait, what was wrong with Baby Cakes?
Nothing. Baby Cakes was a good episode. But I don't think I want to watch the SAME episode, justw ith different characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sleet wrote:Image
I don't get it. :|
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:
Sleet wrote:Image
I don't get it. :|
me neither...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

that is a character created by Brad Neely named Baby Cakes
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:that is a character created by Brad Neely named Baby Cakes
Thank you. Someone got it...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So, an artist on DA sent me a note saying he finally finished a Scootaloo-as-werewolf pic I requested.

I don't remember requesting a Scootaloo-as-werewolf pic...

http://bakuel.deviantart.com/art/Scoota ... -345235947

It's pretty cool in any case.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

When I read this, I first imagined a werewolf with wings lol, but that's pretty awesome!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!