you know what i hate? the ends of unfinished comics.

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Jack

you know what i hate? the ends of unfinished comics.

Post by Jack »

thats right, i hate it! i hate it that when you start reading an all awesome like new web comic, it just... ends.... without an ending! i never thought i was someone to have a pet peeve, but this is too much.

*humpf!*
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: you know what i hate? the ends of unfinished comics.

Post by Sleet »

That's what happens when most webcomics are done as hobbies by people with other jobs. A lot of them just stop. It's a shame, I know.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Jack wrote:thats right, i hate it! i hate it that when you start reading an all awesome like new web comic, it just... ends.... without an ending! i never thought i was someone to have a pet peeve, but this is too much.

*humpf!*
What brought this about?? Which one ended early through abandonment for you?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Jack

Post by Jack »

actually i was talking about those that are still going but don't have the next page ready yet.
maybe i should have been clearer on that. :o
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Jack wrote:actually i was talking about those that are still going but don't have the next page ready yet.
maybe i should have been clearer on that. :o
*facepalms*

Well, since we've already gone in that direction, we might as well talk about the abandoned ones, too.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You mean one that doesn't have an update schedule like Pokemon x, or one that never updates when they say they will like Furthia High?
My characters
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I TRY I TRY IT'S HARD SOMETIMES :C
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I guess that could also be applied to fanfictions. I guess the biggest problem with an author of a comic is because they don't think ahead. Some authors have an idea, they put it in the internet, the comic becomes popular, but the author doesn't know how to end the story.
They only think about how to begin and some "middle stuff". Add that to life problems with the authors (some are going through a hard time and they don't have time to write or draw) and also some lose the will to continue no matter how popular the comic/story is.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

angelusbr wrote:I guess that could also be applied to fanfictions. I guess the biggest problem with an author of a comic is because they don't think ahead. Some authors have an idea, they put it in the internet, the comic becomes popular, but the author doesn't know how to end the story.
They only think about how to begin and some "middle stuff". Add that to life problems with the authors (some are going through a hard time and they don't have time to write or draw) and also some lose the will to continue no matter how popular the comic/story is.
To be fair, many comics aren't SUPPOSED to be ended. A lot of webcomics out there are just supposed to continued until the author moves on, even if there's an actual story line. Therefore, planning for "the end" is impractical for many artists/writers, because there's no planned end.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Teh Brawler wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I guess that could also be applied to fanfictions. I guess the biggest problem with an author of a comic is because they don't think ahead. Some authors have an idea, they put it in the internet, the comic becomes popular, but the author doesn't know how to end the story.
To be fair, many comics aren't SUPPOSED to be ended. A lot of webcomics out there are just supposed to continued until the author moves on, even if there's an actual story line. Therefore, planning for "the end" is impractical for many artists/writers, because there's no planned end.
I guess you mean stuff like "The least i could do" and such. I meant the stories that are supposed to have an ending.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Karl

Post by Karl »

Teh Brawler wrote:I TRY I TRY IT'S HARD SOMETIMES :C
I can feel you :\

Worst thing is that when I want to go out to make some photos or other stuff, I suddenly fell an urge to listen to music (for example). And when I'm done with it and some time passes, this urge strikes me again.

I'm telling myself every day "I'll change from tomorrow". But I keep saying that over and over and over again.
I'm a bookworm!
Jack

Post by Jack »

agh... stuff that you should be doing but don't. i know it all too well.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I have always made update so far. It hasn't always been a comic, but it's updated.

Speaking of which:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

HEY SOUL EATER I'M LOOKING AT YOU
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

WHEN THE **** IS CATENA GONNA BE UPDATED??

XP

Well, there is atleast one other webcomic that I know of that will be ending (as given a complete ending)...unfortunately it's...disturbing

EDIT: K, so I just checked the Catena website, and It ACTUALLY UPDATED...this thread = miracle.
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Hmm...I wonder when Fox Tails will update next...hmm....
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Jack

Post by Jack »

Nitrosparxx wrote:WHEN THE **** IS CATENA GONNA BE UPDATED??

XP

Well, there is atleast one other webcomic that I know of that will be ending (as given a complete ending)...unfortunately it's...disturbing

EDIT: K, so I just checked the Catena website, and It ACTUALLY UPDATED...this thread = miracle.
well, you'r very welcome! ^^
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

XP

You're talking about Concession, aren't you?

That webcomic is messed up.
My characters
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

copper wrote:

XP

You're talking about Concession, aren't you?

That webcomic is messed up.
Indeed I was. I still I can't help but feel that in some ways it was a very moving webcomic. It was a sickened derange and revolting. Reading it made me feel as if I was falling into insanity itself, like I was becoming dememted. But the comic for some reason kept me reading it. There was some sort of drive that kept me interested about the plot, and I couldn't help but sympathize with most of the cast. The horrid writting was so well written and uneasy, that you had no choice but to sit there and face them, rather than just run away. It was a good comic...for all the wrong reasons...

...Still doesn't save it from the fact that it was a horrid and truamatizing story. Jeez, I was up for two hours comptemplating what the heck I just read...

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I turned on my ramble switch....

Anyway back on subject, There is this one webcomic I was reading called altermeta. It was a pretty decent webcomic, but for some reason, the author felt compelled to reboot the entire premise of the series...

RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF AN UNFINISHED ARC!! GAAAH!!

Now I'll never know what the heck was with that talking loofa sponge...
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

My issue is that I have the beginning and end in mind, but the middle stuff eludes me, and I spend so long thinking about the middle stuff but getting no results that the end never comes @_@
Spoiler alert: My real name is Kirby.  BAM!

Not quite dead yet, but close to it.