Rangersuits: Do you own one?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JamesTCat

Rangersuits: Do you own one?

Post by JamesTCat »

On the advice of Hlaoroo, I am starting a Rangersuit thread since (Pardon my vernacular Doctor K) Spandex is not the same as Furry material.

A ranger suit is a suit based off of the concept of Henshin Heroes like Super Sentai, Power Rangers and Metal Heroes. Heck the suit's character may not be on the side of good (like Psycho Rangers) but then there will be exceptions made in the morphin grid.

So, this will be updated as time goes on but Rangersuits costs around a thousand dollars or so. So be sure to save up if you're going to get/make one.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
D-Rock

Re: Rangersuits: Do you own one?

Post by D-Rock »

A Legacy Morpher goes for $60-$100, depending on where you shop and which one you get. I saw the classic Red Ranger helmet for $80 once, wearable, but haven't tried it. The rest of the costume I imagine needs to be custom made, and those cost a pretty penny. If you're wise, you'll get other toy morphers as they're available, as the price skyrockets once the series they were made for is over.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Halloween shops help out? Or would they be cheap or tacky?
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

NHWestoN wrote:Halloween shops help out? Or would they be cheap or tacky?
I mean Halloween shops could provide an instant test drive, but you know you've made it when you get your first Luxury suit such as Aniki's.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote:
I mean Halloween shops could provide an instant test drive, but you know you've made it when you get your first Luxury suit such as Aniki's.
Makes sense.
I never watched the Rangers. My son liked them; my daughters detested them. Odd, because I often watched my kids programs and actually can to enjoy some of them on my own (ex. Animaniacs, Daria).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ugh, my brother and I got the ninja characters from Mortal Kombat at a Halloween store. I can deal with the headpieces being a single piece of rubber as opposed to a hood and mask. I can deal with the details of the vest being flat prints. I can deal with the arm and shin guards being glorified Styrofoam. What was the real disappointment was the fact that all of that was connected to the respective straps by regular old staples! Those broke after a single use! Some ranger designs are pretty simple, so there's that, just a question of being able to afford custom suits. Those are never cheap.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote:
Ugh, my brother and I got the ninja characters from Mortal Kombat at a Halloween store. I can deal with the headpieces being a single piece of rubber as opposed to a hood and mask. I can deal with the details of the vest being flat prints. I can deal with the arm and shin guards being glorified Styrofoam. What was the real disappointment was the fact that all of that was connected to the respective straps by regular old staples! Those broke after a single use! Some ranger designs are pretty simple, so there's that, just a question of being able to afford custom suits. Those are never cheap.
Staples !! Aw, that's low rent! Sorry about that, D. That should just not happen.