Favorite Webcomic/Comic Series/Graphic novel

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

TheSilverFox51

Re: Favorite Webcomic/Comic Series/Graphic novel

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Housepets! is one of them obviously, but definitely my favorite comic ever is Calvin and Hobbes, got to love the classic Sunday funnies. Other than that there aren't really many that I read, I haven't had time.
Edit: I can't believe I forgot about THEGaMERCaT and Savestate, they are amazingly well-written and funny. There is also Freefall, which is okay, I like it but haven't been able to get into it.
Last edited by TheSilverFox51 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allons-y
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Housepets! owes so much to Calvin and Hobbes, so it makes sense HP! fans like it!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Been reading a Zootopia fancomic series called Black Jack for a while now. Nearing its end, with the authors stating that when it's over, a new story involving OCs introduced in the comic will be given the entirety of the focus.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Liam

Post by Liam »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:Besides Housepets, I love Get Fuzzy, Zoophobia, TwoKinds and Inhuman.
Zoophobia by Vivienne Medrano? That was an amazing webcomic, but the author just sort of cut it off instead of trying to fix it, so that was a bummer.
From what I gathered she experienced a campaign of massive online harassment, something that down the line contributed to her becoming burnt out wrt. Zoophobia. She's in animation now. And I think her current project takes place in the same universe?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Liam wrote:
TheSilverFox51 wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:Besides Housepets, I love Get Fuzzy, Zoophobia, TwoKinds and Inhuman.
Zoophobia by Vivienne Medrano? That was an amazing webcomic, but the author just sort of cut it off instead of trying to fix it, so that was a bummer.
From what I gathered she experienced a campaign of massive online harassment, something that down the line contributed to her becoming burnt out wrt. Zoophobia. She's in animation now. And I think her current project takes place in the same universe?
From some videos on her YouTube channel, I had gathered that she didn't like the way it had turned out (being her first webcomic and all), I didn't hear anything about harassment, but that sucks if that's one of the reasons. On a different note, isn't her new project called Hazbin Hotel? I think I like the idea, but we'll have to see how it turns out.
Allons-y
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Liam wrote:
TheSilverFox51 wrote:
Man, why do people on the internet have to be evil...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Zoophobia is a nice enough webcomic and I would lkie to see where the overall story is leading to. Though I must say some of the chapters veer off into High School Drama territory.

In other news, I have not one! Not three! But TWO webcomics to share tonight:

First off comes DNA
Set on a secret facility somewhere in the United States, a group of genetically engineered children are being constantly tested, both by their caretakers as well as the emotional and psychological trials that childhood in such an enviroment bring.
It is a PG-13 science-fiction story that revolves around scientific mystery, living with disabilities and the way that people grow and develop within an enclosed and sometimes unfrendly enviroment.

Next off is Vivianquest
ImageImageImage
A choose-your-own-adventure type of webcomic in the style Homestuck or Prequel, Vivianquest is a feel-good adventure following the exploits of a little lizard girl and her rabbit boyfriend as they try to make their mark on the wacky science-fiction world they live in, finding a lot interesting characters and crazy situations along the way.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Gatsumann

Post by Gatsumann »

I really enjoy a webcomic called "Ever-Blue" it's set in a tropical world inspired by chrono trigger and chrono cross.

"Wukrii is a fantasy adventure comic with cute characters in a tropical setting. Discover ancient mysteries, new places, species, and people. It has anthro characters & furry's like the hybrid dragon/bunny's called "Drabbunnies".
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

HousePets.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

You should totally check BEYOND THE WESTERN DEEP. It's epic, it's greatly written, the art is beautiful. Great storytelling from the start. It's epic.

It's about politics, war, how everything is not just black and white. And it has animal people. It takes place in a somewhat "medieval" era. It is awesome. Go check it!!!

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gbr23 wrote:You should totally check BEYOND THE WESTERN DEEP. It's epic, it's greatly written, the art is beautiful. Great storytelling from the start. It's epic.

It's about politics, war, how everything is not just black and white. And it has animal people. It takes place in a somewhat "medieval" era. It is awesome. Go check it!!!

Did that go on hiatus years ago? I used to read it and I think I just kinda stopped, but I'm not sure why.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Without going through their archives, I think only minor ones while the prepared future chapters. Things slowed down a bit when they did an arc with a guest artist or when they worked on Guild Wars and Armello, but they continue to update regularly.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Housepets is my favorite but I read a lot of others.
Savestate is a close second. Just funny all around.
TwoKinds I would say is third. It has the best plot and storytelling of all of them.
Black Tapestries Great story but is horribly mistreated and ignored by the author.
Realm of Kaerwyn BT spin-off.
If you want something funny there's Slackwyrm and Lil Char and the Gang on Twitter and Facebook
I've read Vol 1 of Los Valiants, its a good physical comic.
I bought Book 1 of Slightly Damned from Kickstarter but still haven't read it.

Thanks to this thread I found Gamercat to read. I saw in Savestate but didn't know what it was until now.
Update: I have now binged all of Gamercat and ordered the first book.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can't remember if I already posted in here but if I did I will do it again. I only read this comic and Slightly Damned.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

umm... Housepets! Still.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Just finished reading the first Slightly Damned book (that I helped fund, yay Kickstarter) and it’s really good. Wish I started reading it months ago.

Update: I finished the entire series and OMG it was amazing. It was everything I want in story and a comic. Fighting, magic powers, transformation, drama, family drama, love, and a lovable mischievous main character who serves as a third wheel type character who has no business being mixed up in any of this mess but is anyway and those are my favorite types of stories.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Housepets is my favorite but I read a lot of others.
TwoKinds I would say is third. It has the best plot and storytelling of all of them.
Black Tapestries Great story but is horribly mistreated and ignored by the author.
If you want something funny there's Slackwyrm and Lil Char and the Gang on Twitter and Facebook

Thanks to this thread I found Gamercat to read. I saw in Savestate but didn't know what it was until now.
Lil Char happens to be one of my faves, though it’s hard to keep up with it, and ah gamercat, it and the awkward zombie comics are amongst the few gaming focused comics I find I can enjoy. Of course, be a little rude to not bring up some I like. I’m rather fond of odd girl out on webtoon, lot of bland stuff there, but there’s something fairly engaging about that comic. I’m also fond of the Brutus and Pixie comics by pet foolery on instagram, there’s something strangely wholesome about them. I also love a lot of nuzlocke comics, though the only one I know I should recommend is folded by emilianite on da. Her artstyle is adorable, and I kinda wonder if I should check in on more of the artists work lately. Also could recommend Victory Fire which starts off as just a rather well made PMD comic, but it kinda turns into a really well made crossover work of Pokémon stuff, I’d tell you what it does crossovers of, but I worry that might be kinda spoilerish if you guys end up looking at it.

Also, as I don’t think I can ask anywhere else, Fen, you and Buster still want to clue me in on why you two like Savestate? Obbi stopped you before you could tell me anything, but that shouldn’t be an issue here, the topic is over webcomics
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Housepets is my favorite but I read a lot of others.

Lil Char happens to be one of my faves, though it’s hard to keep up with it, and ah gamercat, it and the awkward zombie comics are amongst the few gaming focused comics I find I can enjoy. Of course, be a little rude to not bring up some I like. I’m rather fond of odd girl out on webtoon, lot of bland stuff there, but there’s something fairly engaging about that comic. I’m also fond of the Brutus and Pixie comics by pet foolery on instagram, there’s something strangely wholesome about them. I also love a lot of nuzlocke comics, though the only one I know I should recommend is folded by emilianite on da. Her artstyle is adorable, and I kinda wonder if I should check in on more of the artists work lately. Also could recommend Victory Fire which starts off as just a rather well made PMD comic, but it kinda turns into a really well made crossover work of Pokémon stuff, I’d tell you what it does crossovers of, but I worry that might be kinda spoilerish if you guys end up looking at it.
Are there any links to these?
Gameb18oy wrote:Also, as I don’t think I can ask anywhere else, Fen, you and Buster still want to clue me in on why you two like Savestate? Obbi stopped you before you could tell me anything, but that shouldn’t be an issue here, the topic is over webcomics
It really isn't much to say. I mean I understand the majority of the references and jokes that are made and I can appreciate the humor in some of the strips. Those without gaming mentioned are just as funny if you follow the weird will they/won't they relationship between Kade and Riley http://www.savestatecomic.com/2017/02/valentines/. Not to mention Harvey is so funny most of the time. I mean this is one of the better ones, http://www.savestatecomic.com/2018/01/default-response/. I mean it has a lot more to do with the character dynamics and chemistry than the gaming jokes. Kade's the over enthusiastic type who constantly is overdoing everyday activities http://www.savestatecomic.com/2017/03/midnight-release/. Nicole is more down to Earth but has a humorous sibling rivalry dynamic with Kade that comes into light every so often http://www.savestatecomic.com/2015/09/another-castle/ & http://www.savestatecomic.com/2017/10/trick-or-go-away/. Rick is the lovable best friend there for the occasional comic relief http://www.savestatecomic.com/2018/10/s ... -the-dead/ Harvey and Riley's relationship is great http://www.savestatecomic.com/2016/10/paralyzed/. Then if you're like me you just appreciate this one http://www.savestatecomic.com/2014/03/direct-tv/. Anyone with a Switch can appreciate this one http://www.savestatecomic.com/2017/03/n ... ril-fools/. So there is a lot to love. This one I just wonder about http://www.savestatecomic.com/2018/08/b ... -a-museum/.

I don't understand how you can enjoy Gamercat but not Savestate. I mean it's practically the same jokes made. They made the same Pokemon Go joke. Honesty Gamercat makes more video references that I don't understand than Savestate. But the fairy is the best thing ever. Then there is this one which is the best http://www.thegamercat.com/comic/sacrifice/. She still hasn't topped it.

On a personal note, I would love to have my own webcomic. Writing is okay but it doesn’t have the same instant gratification that visual media has. Let’s be honest it is way easier to look at pictures with a few words than sit and read hundreds of pages of text. Example my HPU fan fiction was/is 319 pages for Book 1. 1 out of 3. There are some things that can’t be conveyed with words alone. Another example is the Wings of Fire series. I couldn't read the book but I loved the graphic novel adaptation.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Folded: https://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=149815

Odd girl out: https://m.webtoons.com/en/drama/odd-gir ... le_no=1420

Victory Fire: http://victoryfire.smackjeeves.com/comi ... -long-ago/

Don’t know how to link Instagram stuff, so just know the artist’s profile is all I can give you... and did you want awkward zombie as well, as that’s more the name of the site hosting the comics.

There’s a chance nothing you say is gonna convince me I can get through it considering one element... I immediately started to loathe Kade the moment he appeared, and unless you tell me he becomes less irritating as the comic progresses, it’s hard to see the good elements when something that infuriates you is always or pretty often is present... also gonna be honest, I’m not sure I think Harvey feels that funny.

And to answer your question on gamercat vs savestate, I suppose I’ll give my thoughts. Like I said before, I sadly get Big Bang theory vibes from what I read of Savestate, references are just thrown out randomly to take the place of a joke or punchline, and it just feels like there’s no creativity in their utilization. Gamercat being thrown into the world of the game he plays often helps you with placing where the reference is from, which is a nice touch, but it often flips elements of the world upside down to show how odd they are, or in the case of the comic you showed, how horrifying they mgt secretly be. Those showcases tend to be the punchline, rather than the reference in itself. There’s also the utilization of other visual elements of the comic. This might be unfair to say as I haven’t read a lot of Savestate, but I don’t see much done with the fact the characters in the world are anthromorphic animals taken advantage of (I’m aware of a strip that the scaly guy bringing up how he found it odd there were no reptiles in Zootopia, but if that’s all there is that’s not really worth using animals over humans). In contrast, gamercat often uses the other noticeable element (most of the characters are cats) to their advantage. Some highlights include the super Mario 3d world comic (“is this the Internet?!?) The interview for a fourth player (which is basically interview of many meme cats), Gamercat being shown to look fairly similar to litten, and the comic that established the tagline “on the Internet, no one knows you’re a cat”.

Sorry about any criticisms of Savestate, there’s a chance I said things that aren’t actually accurate, I’m just basing what I said about it off of what little I did read, and I should mention I found it on my own, so I didn’t go in expecting anything aside from some similarities to Housepets as I found it due to a recommendation on twitter.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:.

There’s a chance nothing you say is gonna convince me I can get through it considering one element... I immediately started to loathe Kade the moment he appeared, and unless you tell me he becomes less irritating as the comic progresses, it’s hard to see the good elements when something that infuriates you is always or pretty often is present... also gonna be honest, I’m not sure I think Harvey feels that funny.

And to answer your question on gamercat vs savestate, I suppose I’ll give my thoughts. Like I said before, I sadly get Big Bang theory vibes from what I read of Savestate, references are just thrown out randomly to take the place of a joke or punchline, and it just feels like there’s no creativity in their utilization. Gamercat being thrown into the world of the game he plays often helps you with placing where the reference is from, which is a nice touch, but it often flips elements of the world upside down to show how odd they are, or in the case of the comic you showed, how horrifying they mgt secretly be. Those showcases tend to be the punchline, rather than the reference in itself. There’s also the utilization of other visual elements of the comic. This might be unfair to say as I haven’t read a lot of Savestate, but I don’t see much done with the fact the characters in the world are anthromorphic animals taken advantage of (I’m aware of a strip that the scaly guy bringing up how he found it odd there were no reptiles in Zootopia, but if that’s all there is that’s not really worth using animals over humans). In contrast, gamercat often uses the other noticeable element (most of the characters are cats) to their advantage. Some highlights include the super Mario 3d world comic (“is this the Internet?!?) The interview for a fourth player (which is basically interview of many meme cats), Gamercat being shown to look fairly similar to litten, and the comic that established the tagline “on the Internet, no one knows you’re a cat”.

Sorry about any criticisms of Savestate, there’s a chance I said things that aren’t actually accurate, I’m just basing what I said about it off of what little I did read, and I should mention I found it on my own, so I didn’t go in expecting anything aside from some similarities to Housepets as I found it due to a recommendation on twitter.
I was recommended it on Facebook but didn’t read it until months later when I stumbled across a screen shot I took of it so I wouldn’t forget it. Harvey isn’t what appeals to me about the comic. I like him because he breaks the norm but his jokes aren’t that funny. It’s really his relationship with the others that is amusing not his weird macabre jokes. My biggest frustration with Gamercat is the fact that they are cats and that no one understands them. Malcom, the owner, is the most frustrating because even though the joke is he’s clueless, I think it’s more annoying that he doesn’t notice what obviously is happening in his own home. As far as the anthropomorphic animal thing goes, I guess that’s a personal preference. I enjoy anthro animals solely because they are anthropomorphic animals and don’t need anything else to appeal to me. If they weren’t animals I honestly wouldn’t have given it a chance. If you don’t like Kade, there nothing I can say. I mean that’s a matter of taste. The other thing about Savestate is that after reading Gamercat, I realized that Savestate goes out of its way to imitate it but be unique at the same time considering it’s still young compared to all the other webcomics. If I had to summarize why I love Savestate it is because I have so much in common with the characters. I don’t nearly as many games as they do but I feel a deep connection to them especially Kade. Another thing that appeals to me about a Savestate is that I understand 95% of the references and truly appreciate them because I’ve been there unlike Gamercat where it’s about 70%. I think it comes down to whether or not you can connect to the subject on a deeper level than just what's on the surface. That's true about anything. Sometimes you just don't like something because you can't connect to it and that's fine. There are plenty of webcomics listed here in this thread that I checked but didn't find appealing for one reason or another. Your criticisms of Savestate are not wrong, if you're looking for something that isn't there then that's just personal preference.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Also of note, Rick being a reptile does come into play because he's cold-blooded and gets really tired when he's out in the cold for too long. I don't personally understand why you would like Peanut and dislike Kade cause to me they're very similar, but yes, it's your subjective opinion either way.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Obbl wrote:Also of note, Rick being a reptile does come into play because he's cold-blooded and gets really tired when he's out in the cold for too long. I don't personally understand why you would like Peanut and dislike Kade cause to me they're very similar, but yes, it's your subjective opinion either way.
I’m kinda aware of the similarities, I’m not entirely sure why I enjoy Peanut and not Kade... I will say though, Peanut is slowly starting to annoy me for the same reason Kade is bugging me a bit already, there’s a mild sense they feel like not being an outright jerk means there’s nothing for them to do to improve as people, and probably because I am trying to figure that out for myself... it bugs me when a character seems to refuse to grow... ugh I really shouldn’t be making statements like this when I’m only vaguely aware of one of the characters, though i guess if you guys hear me complaining about Peanut in the future, guess you all can know I might be mildly projecting a bit
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Obbl wrote:Also of note, Rick being a reptile does come into play because he's cold-blooded and gets really tired when he's out in the cold for too long. I don't personally understand why you would like Peanut and dislike Kade cause to me they're very similar, but yes, it's your subjective opinion either way.
I’m kinda aware of the similarities, I’m not entirely sure why I enjoy Peanut and not Kade... I will say though, Peanut is slowly starting to annoy me for the same reason Kade is bugging me a bit already, there’s a mild sense they feel like not being an outright jerk means there’s nothing for them to do to improve as people, and probably because I am trying to figure that out for myself... it bugs me when a character seems to refuse to grow... ugh I really shouldn’t be making statements like this when I’m only vaguely aware of one of the characters, though i guess if you guys hear me complaining about Peanut in the future, guess you all can know I might be mildly projecting a bit. But onto more useful statements, anyone have a point to tell me to aim for while reading the comic. Some of the strips Fen showed me while not mind blowing were more tolerable than the early stuff, and I’d wager it be more engaging if I had context for stuff
[edit] I could have sworn I clicked edit... eh, I’ll just let people see the goof, too tired to figure out the right stuff to do
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: ... it bugs me when a character seems to refuse to grow... ugh I really shouldn’t be making statements like this when I’m only vaguely aware of one of the characters, though i guess if you guys hear me complaining about Peanut in the future, guess you all can know I might be mildly projecting a bit
Your actually not wrong about Kade refusing to grow. My biggest frustration is the fact the his and Riley’s relationship has literally been the same since they met. She wants a real relationship with him but he’s oblivious which is the joke but the time for jokes has past. Nicole and Rick are similar in the fact that they’re not developing in any way either. But I don’t care them the same way as Kade and Riley. I don’t read it for the characters development like I do for HP or Slightly Damned. I read it because it’s silly and mindless fun.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sometimes even a story that is just silly and mindless fun needs to have the characters grow a tiny bit. :ugeek:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sometimes even a story that is just silly and mindless fun needs to have the characters grow a tiny bit. :ugeek:
Exactly. :D
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: ... it bugs me when a character seems to refuse to grow... ugh I really shouldn’t be making statements like this when I’m only vaguely aware of one of the characters, though i guess if you guys hear me complaining about Peanut in the future, guess you all can know I might be mildly projecting a bit
Your actually not wrong about Kade refusing to grow. My biggest frustration is the fact the his and Riley’s relationship has literally been the same since they met. She wants a real relationship with him but he’s oblivious which is the joke but the time for jokes has past. Nicole and Rick are similar in the fact that they’re not developing in any way either. But I don’t care them the same way as Kade and Riley. I don’t read it for the characters development like I do for HP or Slightly Damned. I read it because it’s silly and mindless fun.
Well glad I’m not imagining it for Kade, and also happy that while you’re fine with him the way he is, much like I mostly am with Peanut, you really would like to see that character deciding “growing up is gonna suck... but considering it’s for someone I care about... I need to stop running from this”. I mean it’s a sucky reality that all but the incapable have to face, and it be nice to be reminded you can still be a little goofy and silly after you grow up some
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I definitely know that growing up sucks but I need to do it for my parents because they don't have much time to baby me anymore and I'm not someone that likes to loaf around.

I DO need to figure out how to move out of the house though.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

How do you make a comic successful? I'm trying to help JakkalWolf get more people to read Kaerwyn but I don't know what to tell her. It's a comic that's been around for years but has less fans than any other comic I read. I'm so frustrated with her.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

More advertising. It's how I found some of my current favorites.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:More advertising. It's how I found some of my current favorites.
fenrirblack wrote:How do you make a comic successful? I'm trying to help JakkalWolf get more people to read Kaerwyn but I don't know what to tell her. It's a comic that's been around for years but has less fans than any other comic I read. I'm so frustrated with her.
Speaking of, word of mouth advertising is the most effective, so it be good to fill us in on what it’s about... also tell her some people won’t keep up with it until she has a lot done, it’s hard to commit when you don’t know if the creator will keep up with it. Doesn’t mean her work isn’t good, just it might be awhile before she can see how many people are interested even with good advertising
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

For me, it would be Housepets (Duh...though lately a few arcs I can't read anymore), Sabrina Online, TwoKinds, Furthia High, Savestate, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Transmission, Rose Is Rose, Dungeon Sweet Dungeon, GamerCat, Welcome To New Dawn, Hikaru No Go (Though I need to re-read the series), House Of LSD, Bear Nuts, Furry Experience, and Curtailed....just to name a few :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

If anyone watched Regular Show then you need to read the 25 years later graphic novels. They are amazing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as they flesh out who Mordecai's wife is I'm all for it. (I would be lying if I didn't say I had an OC lined up for him. :| )
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So very recently I discovered this webcomic called Bridge. It is starting, the updates are not very regular but it looks super, like SUPER promising. The art is very very beautiful (and cute), the story-telling is good enough (it can improve and I'm sure it will get better). It's very obvious how it takes inspiration from a certain 2016 Disney movie about animal people, but that doesn't matter. Bridge stands on it's own. Go read it, I think you won't regret it. I strongly believe it deserves waaaay more attention than the one it's getting.

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was wondering why the characters reminded me of Nick and Judy. Now I know after reading the post!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gbr23 wrote:You should totally check BEYOND THE WESTERN DEEP. It's epic, it's greatly written, the art is beautiful. Great storytelling from the start. It's epic.

After several months of putting it off, I finally got around to reading this. First impressions are kinda "ehh." I mean the artwork is great, as is the creative world building, and it has good characters but the story is so mundane. I'm still going to read it of course and buy the book but I was hoping for more originality.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Found another good webcomic that I wanted to share.

http://www.twindragonscomic.com
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I really like Aww, Feathers, but another web comic, Furry Experience, has this. (I'm not actually a fan of what that strip was a parody of.)
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Saitama crossed with the sloth from Zootopia? Why would you pick THAT as the first thing you show people about the comic?
Are all of their pages that weird?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.