Reply to topic  [ 6861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172
Discussion: Video Games 

Post Re: Discussion: Video Games
For Fire Emblem, I have never played a game from that series (yet), so no.

For Smash, HECK YEAH!!!

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:07 pm

On Smash Bros, OH GOD YES.
On Fire Emblem, I’ll wait and see. I really liked Fates, so I’m hoping it’s like that.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 am

I haven't played a Fire Emblem game all the way through since Path of Radiance on the Gamecube, so I can't say I'm excited about the new game. It'll probably be good, but I can't seem to get into the games as much anymore. For Smash, though? I am sooooooooo hype. I need to save up some money so I can get one of the Switch bundles that will no doubt be a thing when it drops; if not, I'll just have to invade my friends' house and play with them on their Switch. :P

Edit: Also, I think a question we haven't actually seen in this thread yet is whether anyone is enjoying or wanting to play the newest Mario Party. I haven't heard anything about Mario Party since 4 and 5 on the Gamecube; general consensus seems to be that they basically stopped being good after that. I never played 6 and beyond, so I wouldn't know, but a lot of people are playing the new one on Youtube, and people seem to think it looks really good.

The more I watch, though, the more I'm feeling indifferent about it. Like, they added a ton of new characters: Goomba, Boo, Bowser Jr. and even Bowser (which is both awesome and terrible at the same time, imo), and the mini-games look interesting. However, the games--while interesting--don't look like the kind of games I generally liked in the Mario Party games, and the maps just look... bleh. Way too small, the loss of Bowser spaces takes away a lot of the sense of suspense and danger, and at least on the beach one that lots of people have been playing they force you to land on very specific spaces just to move around the map, which I don't like at all. I dunno. I think I'd rather just break out my N64 or GC and play one of the first 5 games.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:17 am

I've heard mostly great things about the newest Mario Party. Heard only bad things about the previous two games.

Honestly, my favorite minigames from the N64 games was Face Lift, Hot Rope Jump, and that one game where you outline a character with a jackhammer, don't remember what it was called.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

i really started to dislike the fire emblem games part way through the 2nd one I played because the needlessly cheap and punishing combination of their 'no mistakes allowed ever' save system and mid battle enemy spawn could be. unless you play through the campaign twice and write down where every spawn point is and what turn it triggers on the first time through, you basically need to be precognitive to avoid regular casualties.

Characters

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Buster Wrote:
i really started to dislike the fire emblem games part way through the 2nd one I played because the needlessly cheap and punishing combination of their 'no mistakes allowed ever' save system and mid battle enemy spawn could be. unless you play through the campaign twice and write down where every spawn point is and what turn it triggers on the first time through, you basically need to be precognitive to avoid regular casualties.

In later games that only becomes a problem if you play on the hardest difficulty. On normal and below, your fallen units (baring those that die for story reasons) come back after the battle is over. Doesn’t make the healers any less difficult to level up, since the enemies always prioritize them, but at least it doesn’t get as bad as hard mode, where you are correct about needing precognitive powers to survive.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Buster Wrote:

Out of curiousity, what was your second one? Some fire emblem games are notably harder than others

Also, we okay talking about leaks here or the recent grinch link for smash allowed (that’s its name, don’t worry, he only stole Christmas not a slot for another character)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm
Game Master

I owned Fire Emblem (GBA), and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Characters

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Buster Wrote:
I owned Fire Emblem (GBA), and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Yeah, those are HARSH compared to the recent games. I think Fates might be more up your alley, though be warned that in the Conquest route, you don’t have any options to grind unless you buy a DLC map.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:12 am

I never had any trouble with Sacred Stones because the first floor of the Tower of Valni was too easy to exploit for a ton of levels from relatively early in the game, but I can see how it'd be rough if you played it through without abusing that. The first game on the GBA could be absolutely brutal at times, though. Fortunately, I played it at a time in my life when I had no life, so I could afford to play through entire levels multiple times over to ensure I was prepared for reinforcements and whatnot. I could've just let certain characters die, but I always hated losing characters so I would just reset and try again if someone ever died. I think I beat Sacred Stones at least twice, and I beat both the Eliwood and Hector campaigns on both normal and hard modes in the first game. I loved it so much. Easily in my top 10 favorite games I've ever played.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:46 pm

So i been enjoying Maple Story 2 since it hit Steam this month and it got me thinking - this mightbe the best free MMO for players to play on for casual and social members of this place. I decided to make a guild on here for anyone that's interested. Eastern servers - Completely social guild and you don't even have to be on all day to have fun. very laid back. If you are ever interested, send me a PM in this game. We have chickens. (thanks to Advisor Damien for the guild icon)

Attachments:
MapleStoryGuild.png
MapleStoryGuild.png [ 242.07 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:15 pm

... so that smash direct... anyone else not even sure how to feel about that 40 minutes shared with us?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:58 am

I know how I feel.
TABUU JUST PULLED A THANOS ON THE CAST!!! SUBSPACE BOSSES ARE BACK!!! A POTTED PLANT IS NOW A FIGHTER!!! I CAN’T TELL IF I’M MORE CONFUSED OR EXCITED!!!

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Aaaa is an appropriate response... but right now screaming is not something I can do. There were 4 good additions to focus on I think, also could really enjoy guessing who the 5 dlc characters will be, I actually do have 4 guesses due to the music and stages thing at least suggesting each would represent a different series and have at least a few songs rather than just the one or two characters like duck hunt would bring with them

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:23 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

There is going to be so much content in this game and I'm in awe. There will be so much replayability and I love it.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

I'm totally buying all of the smash content.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm

GameCobra Wrote:
I'm totally buying all of the smash content.

Same. I am going to buy all the things. Also, who do you hope the DLC fighters will be? I’m kinda hoping for Raiden, so we can have some revengence songs on the soundtrack.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Ken reveal: "This is cool, kinda figured, but neat nonetheless."
Incineroar: "Okay, that's neat, even if I didn't get into the Sun/Moon series."
Piranha Plant: I kid you not, this was my literal reaction.

All-in-all, the hype is only getting higher!

And that story mode looks promising! Kirby gets a lot of love from his daddy, doesn't he? :lol: I am a bit sad that trophies aren't coming back, but I actually enjoyed the sticker system in Subspace, so this new Spirits mode looks like it could be fun.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Someone already made an Infinity War version of the new trailer. And it’s....... actually pretty good.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:31 am
Bringing Foxy Back

Even if I wasn't into Pokémon, which I totally am, I'd be super happy about Incineroar if for no other reason than that it's both a professional wrestler and a furry.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

Speaking of Pokemon, some type combinations I just don't get. Like basically anything that is Normal and has a different type. Why not just make them the full on secondary type. I was confused in generation II when Girafarig came out as a Normal/Psychic type. I do get it with Flying-types though who have no other typing being classified as Normal-types though because they are just "normal" birds. It especially annoys me seeing as Clefairy is now a pure Fairy type but its cousin Jigglypuff is still Normal and has a secondary Fairy-typing.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172