Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

FlintTheSquirrel

Re: Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

"T-Thank you so very much." Flint said, starting to loosen up a bit. "My name is Flint. I'm sorry for the trouble I am causing." He said as he was putting on the over-sized cloak on that hung down, over his tail, and slid across the ground. Then he wrapped the bandanna over his head, but as a hat instead of a face-mask. "Ohh, I forgot to thank you for the acorns. Thank you very much" Flint said cheerfully as he put on a small smile. "How do I look?"
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

"It's no trouble at all." Lucid said, putting on a friendly smile. He watched the squirrel - Flint - get dressed and couldn't help but chuckle.

"You look pretty ridiculous, but that just means you'll fit right in with us!" Lucid laughed, giving Flint a quick wink. He moved a step closer to him and reached out, pulling up the hood of the cloak. One could still tell Flint was a squirrel, likely, but hopefully the villagers would think he's just another gypsy. Lucid finally turned his attentions back to Varialis. "So then.. Are we ready to the this party started?"
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Everyone seems to be ready, so why not?" answered Varialis as he marched forward with confidence his companion would follow. As he neared the road into town, he spotted a hooded figure sitting on a rock at the side of the road. He looked back and noticed that he had walked a way faster than his companions who were ways behind him. Realizing he had no one to turn to, and the being had probably already noticed his bright orange coat, he walked to it and recognizing the familiar face he yelled, "Dante! How's your studies?"
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté's ears twitched as he heard someone walking towards him. "Hmm, company." He whispered to himself, continuing to read his book. His guess were that it was either Varialis or Lucid, and when the creature spoke, he heard it was Varialis.

"Greetings, Varialis. The studies? They're just fine, thank you."

Turning around, he closed his book and smiled at Varialis. "Going without Lucid today?"
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Lu will be here shortly, I just moved a bit fast today, and please call me Joy when I'm in disguise or it would have been for naught.", looking to his right, he sees Lucid and Flint's figures become definite, "Speaking of the devil, here he comes."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The Game wrote:Ash practically beamed; even though Cyrano and Brill didn't get the full joke, he still felt great that he put a smile on their faces. It was a confused smile, but a smile's a smile! "I love that one! But do you want to hear my favorite?"
Brill walked briskly through the pets, mainly to get the most away from the store. He didn't really want to spend most of the day simply talking outside his home anyway. "You can tell us on the way Ash," Brill happily said, gesturing all the pets to follow him. He walked away from the jewelry store, expecting to be followed, but it was easy to tell he wasn't quite sure where he wanted to go.

[any ideas? Jokebooks are cool and all... I think we need something more.]
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid gave a smile to the squirrel as Varialis walked off.
"Well... Shall we?" He asked, extending his arm out towards the direction they would be going. Lucid began to walk, not wanting to stray too far behind the leopard-cat but also not wanting to get ahead of Flint. He seemed like the jumpy type...

"Y'know, you don't look too bad in that cloak!" Lucid teased, making small talk. If the squirrel wasn't so jumpy, he probably would have made a "good enough to eat" joke. Up ahead, Lucid could see that Varialis had stopped. Normally, he'd think that it was just to wait for them, but it appeared as though he was talking to someone.

'Danté, no doubt.' Lucid thought, he tail flickering. Sure enough, as they got closer, Lucid was able to make out the brown cloak of that peculiar dog. "Ho there! How goes it, Dog?"

Lucid smiled warmly and he and Flint caught up to the two. He turned quickly to his rodent companion.
"Flint, Danté; Danté, Flint~!" Lucid introduced, motioning towards the appropriate person with each name.

FlintTheSquirrel

Flint walked at a small distance behind Lucid, just to be cautious and watched as Joy darted ahead behind the trees. Flint did not feel as safe as he once did as he knew less about Lucid than he did of Joy. Flint made sure to keep the small distance between them as they were walking. He jumped a bit when he heard Lucid suddenly say something, but he was kinda flattered by the comment. "T-Thank" He said kinda unsurely. As they walked a bit further, Flint could see Joy again at a distance, he looked as though he was conversing with someone. Flint saw someone standing next to a rock with a cloak like he did, he did not know if he was human or not until Lucid stated that it was a dog. He did not like the sound of that as Squirrels and Dogs have a bad history. He hid behind Lucid without even thinking about it as he made the introduction, replacing a fear with a new and greater one.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash eagerly followed Brill. "Actually..." he mumbled as he flipped through the book. "All of them are favorite!" He closed the book, giving his attention to Brill. "Do you want to go shopping?" he asked Brill.

(I was about to say the same thing.)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté smiled at Varialis. "Will do." He said in a very monotone voice, seeing Lucid and Flint coming closer to himself. A squirrel, huh. Haven't seen him around before. He thought to himself, smiling.
LucidDarkness wrote: "Ho there! How goes it, Dog?"
"Everything is just fine, thank you! And how about you, in that caravan of yours?" He replied, bowing. Being introduced to Flint, he un-hooded himself and offered his paw. "Greetings Flint! It's very nice to meet a new face once in a while."
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint stayed frightened behind Lucid as Danté was making his introduction and even more so when Flint could see the dog's face. Once Danté extended his paw to Flint, he started to quiver and extended his claws as he was griping onto Lucid.
Neko

Post by Neko »

After traveling for quite some time, the two kittens both smiled when they saw the lake. They quickened their pace and was soon at the lake's edge, looking in at the crystal clear water which was fresh due to the underground spring which formed the lake. Though the kittens didn't know that, it was simply their first sight of clean water in almost two days. The stick and blanket of berries was set aside as the two leaned down and drank.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Varialis noticed the air thickening around him, was it the Flint's fright or was it the awkwardness of leaving Dante hanging? Either ways he decided to relieve the former and approached Flint. "Hey there Flint, is Dante scary?"
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint did not know how to respond to that comment. Though it may be true and apparent, he did not want to be mean, but he also did not want to lie. He just stayed silent and clung to Lucid. .-.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Well there's no need to be scared with him. He's a regular nice guy, and a playful one too.", Varialis assured Flint. "You shouldn't leave him hanging like that, he'll get a sore arm." Varialis joked hoping to calm Flint down even if it was just by a bit.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté smiled and lowered his arm. "If he doesn't wants to, he doesn't wants to, no need to force him!" Danté said with a smile on his face. Instead, he did a formal bow to show Flint he was nothing be afraid of.

Standing back up from the bow, he looked over at Varialis. "What are you going to do in town today, Joy? If I may ask, that is."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The Game wrote:Ash eagerly followed Brill. "Actually..." he mumbled as he flipped through the book. "All of them are favorite!" He closed the book, giving his attention to Brill. "Do you want to go shopping?" he asked Brill.

(I was about to say the same thing.)
(shopping? You sure Ash's not a girl? :P )

"Yeah, sounds like fun!" Brill said, before quickly checking his collar for any money...to which he had none. Still though, he knew he'd have fun. He might be able to give a shop owner 'puppy dog eyes' to get a free sousage or something. He began walking in the direction of the shops, while wagging his tail. "You guys coming?" he smiled, looking back at the pets.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Flora nodded at Brill and Ash, "Of course we're coming, shopping sounds like so much fun!" She said as she began to walk to them.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Tobee wrote:Standing back up from the bow, he looked over at Varialis. "What are you going to do in town today, Joy? If I may ask, that is."
"Well me and Lu were just about to go into town for a feast of blinds when we met Flint here and persuaded him to join us.", Varialis said while grinning ear-to-ear, "A slight change of plans has occurred though. . .", quickly changing his happy gesture to a worried one. "You see I saw this dog on a rock, and I was wondering if you can help me persuade him to join us.", revealing the last emotions were falsified as he slowly perked up. "I'm sure he isn't too busy to join us in our time of fun. Since like the Lunasia said, happiness is a treasure that can only be shared, and if we can't give that dog happiness, I'm sure we wouldn't be able to get any for ourselves as well."
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté smiled and his tail started wagging slightly. "I'm sure he would very much like that, heh." He halfchuckled and bowed. "You know, you could probably be an actor. You almost fooled me there with your expressions!" He giggled, giving Varialis a pat on the shoulder.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid listen to the exchanges in conversation with a slight aloofness. To be fairly honest, he wasn't really paying attention... What brought him back into the conversation was the pair of claws digging into his arm. Lucid blinked and looked back, noticing Flint was using him as kind of a shield. Lucid smiled, straightening himself up some to be a better protector. Even though he knew all of the people here were harmless, it was still nice to have been chosen as the guard.

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to, Flint, but it sure makes it difficult to make friends." Lucid said, giving the squirrel a wink. Regardless of his advice, he was ready to act as a buffer as needed.

FlintTheSquirrel

"I-I'm Sorry Lucid, it's just that......." He paused for a moment and started to think. Flint suddenly, but slowly raised his arm toward the hooded dog. "N-Nice to m-meet you" Flint said lowly with his body and arm trembling.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté smiled and shook Flint's hand. "Don't worry, I won't bite." He giggled, releasing Flint's hand. Looking back at Lucid and Varialis, he gave them a very wide smile.

"So, where we off to, if you don't mind me asking?"
The Game

Post by The Game »

"Oh, I thought that's you wanted to do when you started walking towards the stores. I didn't mean it like I was asking you to go shopping..." Ash trailed off as he felt his face warm up a little. But he stopped blushing as he saw Brill reach for his wallet, which reminded him about a big factor: he had no money. His parents never gave him pocket money, unless is was less then a dollar; he got all his joke books with money he earned. Ash stopped smiling. "Actually, I don't think shopping sounds so good anymore..." he said, sounding sad, but caught himself. He smiled again, clutching his book. "i mean, unless you guys want to. If you do, then I do too!"
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Thanks for the compliment, but my heart is with the canvas and nothing will ever change that.", Varialis whispered to Dante when took his hand off to shake Flint's.

"The only thing you will be biting into tonight will be the side of a roast pork.", he replied to Dante's smile. "Now that we're all set, let's head into town for food, drinks and girls for Lucid!", Varialis yelled out as he spun and pointed to town like an action hero declaring the start of his journey.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The Game wrote:"Oh, I thought that's you wanted to do when you started walking towards the stores. I didn't mean it like I was asking you to go shopping..." Ash trailed off as he felt his face warm up a little. But he stopped blushing as he saw Brill reach for his wallet, which reminded him about a big factor: he had no money. His parents never gave him pocket money, unless is was less then a dollar; he got all his joke books with money he earned. Ash stopped smiling. "Actually, I don't think shopping sounds so good anymore..." he said, sounding sad, but caught himself. He smiled again, clutching his book. "i mean, unless you guys want to. If you do, then I do too!"
Flora nodded at them, "I'm good with whatever we decide to do." She told Ash as she waited with the others to decide what to do. Her owners didn't give her an allowance, but they let her sell what she planted in her garden. She regularly sold bouquets and floral arrangements, as well as boutonnieres and corsages. So she had some money to spend, but it wasn't much more than most pet's allowance.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Hypergenesis wrote:"Thanks for the compliment, but my heart is with the canvas and nothing will ever change that."

Danté giggled slightly. "Haha, okay then, fair enough!" He whispered back, still smiling.
Hypergenesis wrote:"The only thing you will be biting into tonight will be the side of a roast pork."
Danté licked his lips and smiled wider. "Mmmhmm, I wouldn't mind that no, not at all!" He chuckled heartily.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid chuckled heartily at the exchanges.
"This all sounds wonderful. Let's get a move on, shall we?" He said, still laughing slightly. He quickened up his pace to walk next to Varialis and shoot him a wide grin.

"Well, I'm excited! What's the point in having money if you don't go and spend it all recklessly?" Lucid spoke with jest. He had used the phrase before in the past quite a few times.. He never really had interest in saving up cash for anything. As far as he was concerned, whatever he would need would be provided in one way or another... If it wasn't, then he didn't need it in the first place. Such was the life of a gypsy, and it suited Lucid just fine.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hearing the agreeing voices, Varialis started walking to town though once again not realizing he was walking faster than his companions. I know more about you than anyone in the world. How you smile, how you move, how you sparkle beneath flashing lights. What you want, how you live and I feel that sadness within you. . . But why are you sad? Have you lost someone? And why do I know you even though you are a complete stranger. . ., staring emptily into the light orange sky. The sun was still high up, more precisely it still high enough that the dark blue sky would not come, Though I always wish for a nighttime sky, since the sun's brilliance would just remind me of yours.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint stood at the side while the others were talking about what they will eat and do over the trip, which reminded him that he still hasn't eaten all day, but he can wait a little longer out of courtesy. Flint fastened the bag of acorns given to him and followed after Varialis, trying his best to keep up.
The Game

Post by The Game »

"So that means shopping? Or does anyone have another idea?" Ash asked, slightly hoping for someone to think of another idea.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté walked alongside Flint, occasionally peeking at the squirrel, smiling a little. "So, squirrel, why haven't I seen you around before? Or is this the first time you're out of the woods?"
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint looked down. "Erm......no not really. Truthfully, I try my best not to be seen. The people around here generally don't like me much."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Brill sat down, and sighed. It seemed shopping was the only idea in the air, although nobody seemed able to do that. He smiled standing back up, quite happy to take the lead with something that he knew he'd enjoy. He walked briskly towards Ash, wagging his tail, before stopping in front of him. "TAG!" He said, laughing and jumping back. This idea seemed much better, and much more fun...at least in Brill's mind.

(since I can't think of a way of putting it, yes, Brill did just tag Ash. :D ) (random? Yes. Fun? More then likely.)
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash looked at Brill confused as he walked up to him. "What are you doing...?" he stopped when Brill tagged him. "I love tag!" he said excitedly. He ran up and tapped Flora's shoulder. "You're it!"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Flint looked down. "Erm......no not really. Truthfully, I try my best not to be seen. The people around here generally don't like me much."
Danté was just about to give Flint a pat on the shoulder to cheer him up, but didn't cause of his earlier reactions. "Oh, well you don't have to worry about that now, that you're with us. And I bet they'll see that you're alright, just a little shy!" He spoke with a happy voice, trying to make Flint cheer up.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano watched as Ash ran up and tagged Flora. The second he realized that she was it he took off running almost the same way Ash did (i'm guessing Ash ran away after tagging?)
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Flora looked at Ash as he tagged her. She smiled, "No fair! Wasn't ready!" She called after him as she ran after the three of them.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I wish you could be here with me, the sunny skies, the clean air, it's all better than the city air of - -, stopping mid-thought, "Clean. . Air. .". Varialis quickly slapped himself in the face and started running back the way he went. He threw a pouch for Lucid when he ran beside him quickly shouting, "Take everyone shopping for now, let's meet up at the central fountain by six!", before running back into the small path to the lake.

Quickly unlocking the door as before, he rushed inside the mobile home and capped a translucent white plastic bottle whose contents had halved since he last saw it. That's about twelve dollars up in smoke., literally thinking as he opened the windows to let the air ventilate the strange vapor out. Just then he noticed the two kittens that appeared from the bushes on the lakes edge. Strays?, he worried as he saw them lean over and dashed out yelling, "HEY! Be careful you two! That part of the lake's slippery!.
FlintTheSquirrel

Tobee wrote:Danté was just about to give Flint a pat on the shoulder to cheer him up, but didn't cause of his earlier reactions. "Oh, well you don't have to worry about that now, that you're with us. And I bet they'll see that you're alright, just a little shy!" He spoke with a happy voice, trying to make Flint cheer up.
"Gee, I dunno about that, people really don't take kindly to the things I have done." Flint said with a pause, still looking down while walking. "But lets hope it never has to happen again." ^^ Flint said turning immediately cheery within the second. At this moment he sees Varialis runs straight past him heading back the road they came from, saying something about meeting at 6. "Umm......wish you luck?" Flint said with a low voice.