Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

Re: Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Post by Neko »

The two kittens jerked their heads up, barely even tasting the water, when someone had yelled at them. They both looked up, expecting to see an angered human, but only saw a cat's head sticking out of a window across the lake. Alex picked up the there bundled up berries and took his sister's hand. "C'mon, let's go before we get in trouble." The smaller one nodded, and they turned and scurried back into the cover of bushes and trees.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Varialis wasn't paying attention to the kittens as he dashed to their last known location. Arriving at the scene he noticed the obvious lack of kittens and he scratched his head and thought, Was it my imagination?
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alex popped his head out of the bushes, watching the large orange cat staring at the ground at where they had just been. He pulled his head back into the bush and looked to his sister, and whispered. "We better go before he finds us." Abbie nodded and the two quickly left the bush and took off into the woods, making the leafs rustle as they left.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Varialis sighed as he was about to give up when he suddenly heard the leaves rustling. "Are you two in there?", he asked as he trekked through the bushes in the direction of the noise.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alex looked back when he heard the voice and tripped on a tree root from the distraction, dropping the stick and blanket in the process, The badly tied blanket opened up and their blueberries scattered across the ground. Alex had lightly scrapped his knee, but thankfully it wasn't bleeding. He sat up as Abbie tried to help as best as she could."Are you ok brother?"
Alex nodded, looking down to inspect his knee.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Brill was laughing as he ran. This was way better then simply standing there! He ran up to a small, brick wall that was just a little taller then the average pet. He simply climbed up, wagging his tail, before looking out to the other pets. "Comon slow coaches!" He teased while standing on the wall. He was almost sure that Flora wouldn't be able to reach him fast enough, so he had time to have a little fun.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Varialis noticed the rustling had stopped. Normally he would have stopped looking as well, but in his worry he quickly went to the place where he last heard a rustle. He quickly ducked back into the bushes when he saw the two kittens, peeking sightly only to see the larger kitten sat up on the ground with the smaller one stood beside him. Slowly creeping out of the bushes with his back turned to the two he asked, "Are you two alright?".
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid remained quiet, know Varialis was probably thinking about her again. The leopard's face always ent into a strange look of both tranquility and hurt that made Lucid both happy and sad for him. Lucid wondered if there was something he could do, but like always, there really wasn't much.

Suddenly, Lucid's thoughts were interrupted by the pouch being tossed into his chest. He let out a soft "Oof!" as he caught it, looking down at the sack he knew to be full of money. Before he could say anything else, Varialis has already ran off. Lucid scratched the back of his head and looked back at his two remaining companions. Apparently, now he was the leader of the party.

"Ah. Well.. You two alright with shopping? Six can't be all that far off." Lucid said in a light tone. On his face a distracted smile remained.
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Flora kept running after the three of them. She was a ways away from them, and they could easily make it over the wall before she even came close. She still smiled as she ran.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Flint was still a bit confused as to why Varialis left in such a hurry and was kinda worried again with being around the other two. He just for the moment looked up at Lucid, expecting him to be the second in command, partially because he knew him the second best. He was returned with Lucid staring back down towards him, looking a bit nervous. When Lucid suggested to go shopping, all Flint could muster up was a low volume "Okay" trying to not displease his new acquaintances.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Danté looked at Varialis as he ran off, a bit confused but shrugged it off. Shopping, huh. Haven't done that in quite a while... He thought to himself, having just a bit of money to spend, not necessarily much, but just enough for himself to be pleased. "I'm okay with that, yeah. We should probably hurry up though, before it gets too dark. No?" He said with a smile to Lucid and Flint.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Neko

Post by Neko »

Hypergenesis wrote:Varialis noticed the rustling had stopped. Normally he would have stopped looking as well, but in his worry he quickly went to the place where he last heard a rustle. He quickly ducked back into the bushes when he saw the two kittens, peeking sightly only to see the larger kitten sat up on the ground with the smaller one stood beside him. Slowly creeping out of the bushes with his back turned to the two he asked, "Are you two alright?".
Both kittens froze and looked to the large cat, fearing the worst but confused to why he had his back to them. "W-We're okay...we are just leaving." Alex slowly stood to his feet, ready to leave, but he quickly realized that all their blueberries had scatted across the ground.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"I don't think you should.", Varialis answered while still having his paws in the air, "I mean it's getting dark and there's not a town for miles. Add to that there's a river here that is quiet but quite powerful and not to mention the feral animals that have been known to show up in these parts.". Varialis moved his foot, ready to turn around when he stepped on a blueberry that strayed too far. Blueberry? "Are these blueberries yours?", Varialis asked, abandoning his turn.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash grinned and made a face at Flora. "Run, run, run as fast as you can...but you still can't catch me!"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Hypergenesis wrote:"I don't think you should.", Varialis answered while still having his paws in the air, "I mean it's getting dark and there's not a town for miles. Add to that there's a river here that is quiet but quite powerful and not to mention the feral animals that have been known to show up in these parts.". Varialis moved his foot, ready to turn around when he stepped on a blueberry that strayed too far. Blueberry? "Are these blueberries yours?", Varialis asked, abandoning his turn.
"Yea, we found them..." Alex looked down at all the berries, wondering if he should ditch them and leave before the huge cat got mad at them.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"How long have you been out in the wild? Few blueberries grow in Verde, so you must have came from quite some ways to have this much.", said Varialis as he turned to look at the kittens. "You two are looking pretty bad, do you need some place to stay?", he asked out of concern with what he saw.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"It's none of your business and we're fine." Alex kneeled down and began picking up the berries and putting them on top of the blanket. Abbie watched the big cat for a few moments before kneeling and helping her brother.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Ok then, I was just asking.", Varialis lowered his hands as he started to walk back into the bush towards the lake.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alex glanced up to watch the big cat leave, making sure he didn't do anything. Abbie continued to collect the berries and put them on the blanket.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

So you're just gonna leave them like that?
They don't want help.
Just like how you never needed help?
Shut up, I chose how to live mine and this is their choice.
I'm disappointed in you.
I am too.

Varialis slid his paw inside his smock and took out a silver coin, dropped it ever so obviously so that it rolls towards the smaller kitten. "Don't get yourselves in too much trouble now.", he then left the kittens alone and headed back to the caravan.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Abbie picked up the coin, and Alex gave it a sideways glance. "He dropped his coin..." The small kitten jumped up and ran after the large cat, catching up to him quite easily. Alex jumped up as well and took after his sister, but having a more difficult time with his injured knee. "Abbie, wait!"

Abbie smiled up at the large cat and held the coin up to him. "Wait mister, you dropped your coin."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Varialis smiled back at the kitten as he neared his hand towards the coin. "Thanks, but you two will need that more that I do.", he said as he touched the feline paw and left another coin in place. "My name is Joy, Joy the Big Cat. May I know yours?", he asked while maintaining his smile.
Neko

Post by Neko »

The kitten looked down at the two coins, then back up to Joy. "My names Abbie...Don't you need these? I don't need coins, so you should have them." She smiled back and held the two coins up to Joy.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"You don't need money?", Varialis' face dropped as he though he was talking to some eccentric rich girl. "Oh, that's my meeting gift for you and your brother. . . I suppose?", looking to the other kitten with a questioning face.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"But we can't use it. Humans just tell us to go away when they see us....so, you should have it." She smiled cutely and offered the coins again.
Just then, Alex came out of the bushes, stopping and looking at Abbie and the large cat.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"That's just awful.", Varialis exclaimed in surprise, "Wait... So does that mean you've been out here in the wilderness for a very long time?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Abbie kept her paw held up, waiting for Joy to take the coins. "Umm, Not really." Alex moved forward and stood beside his sister, looking up at the big cat. "Look Mister, just take your money."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"I said that's a gift.", Varialis said as he tried to remain clam, "I'm not going to take it back. Also, if you should meet someone who doesn't shoo you away, then you can use that to exchange for some food. I've been in that situation before, and it's only going to get worse if you don't take what free help you can get."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Abbie pulled her hand back and briefly looked down at the coins."Oh, okay. Thanks Joy." She smiled up at Joy and Alex looked back and forth between the two, confused at what he had missed.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"As much as I think I shouldn't, I'll leave you two now. If you ever need my help, try the caravan parked by the trees near the lake. I'll usually be there.", said Varialis as he waved good bye, hoping not to further displease the grouchier cat.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Abbie smiled and waved, "Bye Joy!"
Alex tilted his head in confusion, "...Bye?"
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid grinned and started walking back towards town, not really feeling the need to say anything else. Much like the leader of a small platoon, he walked in the front. It was odd having cohorts - other than Varialis - but at the same time somewhat refreshing. Lucid couldn't help be feel as though he should be inspiring conversation... Thankfully with his leopard companion, they didn't always to be locked in conversation. During much of their travels, they remained silent.. But communicating wasn't all bad!

Lucid turned around and started walking backwards so he could face the two.
"So... It sure is getting bit nippy, eh?" He said, an warm smile spreading across his face at the same rate as an awkward blush.
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

(Okay, my tig idea failed...)

Brill looked towards the action, smiling. He jumped and punched the air, assuming Flora had absolutely no chance of catching him. "That's right! The Hourder wins aga-" he began, before missing the wall while landing. He ended up landing face first on the ground, and just laying there for a second. "Owwwww..." Was what he finally managed to say, eyes squinted as if he was still in pain. Yeah, he was still in pain. Besides rubbing his muzzle, he didn't move his body at all, lying stomach first on the ground.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Flint followed behind Lucid and Danté as they were making their way to the town, walking in silence but anticipating something to be said this time so that he would not get startled. Flint looked into the sky while walking, seeing as the sun was already starting to lower itself, and doing so earlier and earlier each day. Lucid suddenly turned around towards him and Danté while still walking. Flint was a bit confused by what Lucid was asking them 'Nippy?' though but still responded with "Yea......I guess it is." because he did not see anything that could wrong in doing so.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash ran over to Brill as fast as he could. "Brill...?" he asked, poking his friend. "Are you okay?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Flora hurried over to Brill as well, "Brill, are you alright? That looked like it hurt!" She asked, concerned.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Brill groaned lightly, as if still in a little pain. He leaned up against the wall, and smiled towards the 2 pets. His ears were perked up again, and he laid his tail beside him. "Yeah, I'm fine," He began, before quickly saying (in a bad attempt to save himself embarrassment) "After all, I meant to do that!"

(I like how anime-ish Brill is...and I love the anime-ish response Ash did.)
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano watched as Brill landed face first on the ground, he ran over quickly, leaning down beside him. "Are you okay?"
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash rolled his eyes. "Of course you did. I mean, everybody just loves tripping over a wall." Ash smirked for a second before becoming confused. "Wait, how'd you even do that?"
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

“When I put my mind to it, I can do anything!” Brill happily said, putting his paws behind his head. Although he sighed, as his nose began to bleed lightly. “…I guess I didn’t see where I was jumping…” He admitted, wiping it away with his left paw.